Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jodie Carter (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide Pact

Re: Jodie Carter (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/grieving-mother-asks-why/2007/04/23/1177180529637.html

Sorry if it was posted... letter from mom and some related articles.

Hi Dev, yeah they are nice girls.....at least the 2 who talk to me are.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Jodie Carter (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide Pact

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=6761.msg315865#msg315865 date=1177505403]
    I am also wondering if there was more to it cause they post about them both being free??  Maybe the felt trapped for some reason, or felt they would never be able to be themselves?  It is sad they didn't utilize the friendship in a more postive way!!  Yeah, the property owner doesn't bother me either I can see his point.
    [/quote]

Yeah, if I didn't know better, all of the comments Jodie posted- "let me and Steph be free", "I'll miss you, Allan"- make it sound like they were planning on running away- not committing suicide.  It just doesn't add up.  Jodie seems uber shady to me...

Also, if this was a planned-out suicide pact, why isn't there a note?  Why are there only a couple of obscure comments and why are they mostly on Jodie's page?  I hope the families are asking these questions.  I would think in this day and age that "officials" wouldn't judge a [s]book[/s] suicide by it's cover...if that makes any sense.  

Re: Jodie Carter (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide Pact

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=6761.msg316014#msg316014 date=1177513579]
    Also, if this was a planned-out suicide pact, why isn't there a note?  Why are there only a couple of obscure comments and why are they mostly on Jodie's page?  I hope the families are asking these questions.  I would think in this day and age that "officials" wouldn't judge a [s]book[/s] suicide by it's cover...if that makes any sense.  
    [/quote]

Very few 'successful' suicides leave notes.

[quote author=christine k link=topic=6761.msg316126#msg316126 date=1177515635]

[/quote]

I read somewhere, seems like in my psych class, but that's been 10 years ago so don't quote me. But I did read somewhere that girls generally do leave notes in suicides.

I was kind of suspicious with the way they died. I don't know why since many suicides are by hanging. Just felt funny I guess.

Either way, as a parent, this sort of thing scares the hell out of me. I have 12 yr old twins and although neither of them are emo/gothic or any other subculture at this time, I know one of them is dark. She is a beautiful and smart young girl, but has a dark side. The dark side seems to be sort of impulsive and is brought out by triggers, but that too frightens me. Irrational behavior due to a trigger leads to choices that can't be reversed.

LOL! Maybe I shouldn't have had so many kids, but apparently in our case all we had to do was LOOK at the bed to get pregnant.

[quote author=christine k link=topic=6761.msg316126#msg316126 date=1177515635]

[/quote]

Indeed, but in this particular case it seems as though there would have been one.  Just because of the comments Jodie posted on her page before they disappeared- she (at least) wanted people to know it was planned, so why not tell them why?  It just struck me as odd for some reason.      

I believe this is the "Allan" that Jodie spoke of loving and missing:
    http://www.myspace.com/dark_star01 

The last comment she left him was in December:
    " Dec 27 2006 8:09P

I would kill myself before I would wait all that long day.
    Then I won't feel that feeling
    and I won't ask myself:'how I will die?who wil kill me?'..
    â€* ..:: I.Love.You.Allan ::.. â€* "

It doesn't look like they were together anymore, he makes no mention of her that I can find. But she was obviously still in love with him. This could be what drove her to suicide. I have no idea why Stephanie would be part of it though.

Edit: There are a couple comments from friends that say "sorry about your gf" but he has no pics of her, no comments. I don't know- that seems weird to me.

the color nine

Message left on Jodi's vampirefreaks page

__Lacrymosa__
    [Reply]

Apr 24, 2007, 09:52pm
    so sad. R.I.P

Misery Loves Company

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=6761.msg316006#msg316006 date=1177513203]
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/grieving-mother-asks-why/2007/04/23/1177180529637.html

Sorry if it was posted... letter from mom and some related articles.

Hi Dev, yeah they are nice girls.....at least the 2 who talk to me are.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

Thanks for posting it, also MDS is mentioned in this article linked from the one you posted:
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/internet-death-pacts-increasing-worldwide/2007/04/23/1177180569471.html

[quote author=kellymarie link=topic=6761.msg313420#msg313420 date=1177440133]
    In regards to the RIP message on the Bitchy Band Myspace (written by the Hearld Sun):

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21604480-662,00.html

"Stephanie and Jodie disappeared on April 15 and their bodies weren’t found until yesterday.
    According to the website records, no one has logged into the MySpace bitchy page to make changes since April 14."

"General manager for Myspace Australia Rebekah Horne said the text, which was outside of the comments area, could not have been placed on the page without one of the page owners logging in."

[/quote]

Besides Stephanie and Jodie, I'm guessing that the two other members of the "band" would have access to the site as well. If you go to the Band Members section of the page, their myspaces are linked. However they have been deleted and I cannot get a cached version:
    Bec: http://www.myspace.com/beckyy01
    rach: http://www.myspace.com/rachelsspace6

I wonder what they know about all of this.

Hi, I'm a noob. lol

A comment from Steph's VampireFreaks Page:

I knew it was you =[
    Gosh, I remember you as "GraveRobber182"
    You will be missed hun
    you had an amazing personality
    and you are forever beautiful xxxx

R.I.P
    The username no longer exists, but you can see her in the SuicideGirls Cult:

http://vampirefreaks.com/cult.php?c=-SuicideGirls-          (slightly nsws)

And the Blink182 cult:

http://vampirefreaks.com/cult.php?c=Blink182

and others.

She uses the same name at a site called piczo:

http://www.piczo.com/GraveRobber182?cr=2&rfm=y

which is a weird mess of avatar-size pictures and other images.

I think it's so weird that the rest of the 'band' deleted their profiles. None of the articles I've read mention them at all.

R.I.P. Steph and Jodie

There's an article in the Herald Sun by someone who entered into a suicide pact:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21621752-662,00.html

Not the best article by any means, but it has a couple of interesting insights into the mentality...

It's so much more dangerous than just being suicidal by yourself. You feed on each other's anger, sadness and frustration and, instead of having someone saying, "don't do it", you have someone there encouraging and helping each other in reaching their goal in killing themselves.
    I'm still hunting down info on the friends, a lot of them seem to have shut themselves away. 

I haven't read this entire thread because I'm about to go to bed but did anyone see this?

Xcore_queenx
    [Reply] [Fw]

Apr 27, 2007, 12:37am
    hey RIP

i'll see you up there in just a few days

http://mydeathspace.com/go.aspx?back=%2fApp_Errors%2f404.aspx&go=http% 3a%2f%2fvampirefreaks.com%2fitalktoRAINBOWS

Is that supposed to mean this person is going to take their life too?

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=6761.msg321979#msg321979 date=1177687539]
    The 2 girls that killed themselves...    :roll:
    [/quote]

Hi Everyone, I'm new on this forum, The news of this has completely gutted me. I didnt know these ladies, I read about it when my 'net connection came back up. I'm speechless. Why? Surely someone somewhere could have noticed and interveened? Gosh...  16 years old is sooooooo young.....
    :2shocked: :2sad: :-(

Woooaaaah first post...but i have info!

The girls were friends for only 6 months...Jodi had moved to live with father and had started at Upwey, where she met Steph.
    Jodi's father said on national radio that while their friendship was fairly short, it was an intense one.

- Could separation from her mother for such a long time have caused this? Apparantly Jodi's mother and father havnt spoken in over 6 years, and still havnt - even after their little girl died. That's one stuffed up family!

...I dont see any reason why Steph wanted out...however from looking over her piczo site it looks like Steph was bisexual.
    Could it be that the message left on Jodi's myspace ("Let me n Steph b free") meant something entirely different?

It also looks from the avatars on the piczo site that Steph was pro-ana... and pro- self harm...

Now, personally, im a happy and vibrant 16yo...however i self harm, starve myself for most of the day and see a psychologist every week to deal with my severe anxiety and depression...but NO-ONE KNOWS THAT.
    Only my best friend does, who also suffers from extreme anxiety. We've talked about ending it a few times...but i always drag her back from the edge.

...sound familliar?

[quote author=Cherryz link=topic=6761.msg324156#msg324156 date=1177743746]
    Their profiles have already been removed from deviantart.
    [/quote]

What's left of the deviantart has completely altered my perception of Jodie.

Here's a couple of her comments to others...

~twistdthortz  Feb 18, 2007, 2:46:10 PM Mood: Dumbfounded
    tanx heapz 4 da fav
    Much appreacited

Luv ya 4 it

~twistdthortz  Mar 17, 2007, 1:35:49 AM Mood: High
    YAY :O_o:
    tanx 4 being ma friend
    :licking:
    but i'l b stayin loan wit ma pot
    :slow:

--
    `Eat shit n fuk in hell 4 lyf ..::I SUPPORT HANNIBALISM::..
    ~EMOclub :saddrunk:

I just didn't think she would be the type to use that kind of teen text speak... Don't know why... *shrugs*

[quote author=azrael link=topic=6761.msg324264#msg324264 date=1177761528]
    What's left of the deviantart has completely altered my perception of Jodie.

Here's a couple of her comments to others...

I just didn't think she would be the type to use that kind of teen text speak... Don't know why... *shrugs*
    [/quote]

yeah, i thought that too...you can see bits of it on her myspace too...
    apparently she was really smart, maybe she was just trying so hard to fit in...
    i dunno...Jodie kinda seems like a bit of an outcast to me...its always "someone and steph"
    the only pics im finding of Jodie are by herself or with Steph....
    ...maybe im just crazy.

Well I was going to say you can't read too much into someone's sexuality from a piczo site, but check this out from the cache of Jodie's deviantart:

Journal Entry: Sun Mar 25, 2007, 12:39 AM

* Mood: Insulted
        * Drinking: woodstock

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My most veiwed picture veiwed around 800 times and favourited most
    has been deleted.

someone had flagged it and once it was checked out it was filed as inappropriate as it contained underage pronography, deviantart immediantly deleted it. =(

It was my photo and i would just like to say even though yes it was of two naked 16 year old girls making out on a bed, the main part of this picture was that yes it was a bit of fun but..... Oh FUKIN HELL mayb it shood of been in emotive photography or something rather than the catergory it was in. I didnt see nothing wrong with the pick
    Critisim was fine.
    i think its just rude how some people cant stay open minded about pictures and no i didnt see the pic as being offensive
    FUk

Ohwel still more pictures to come
    xoxoxoxox
    I'm guessing that was of her and Steph?

I've said before and in Steph's cult on VF that kids, girls in particular, seem to be bi for a year or two.

Jodie was very smart, but not a lot of friends.  Are you from Upwey area? Are one of you from Wetalkto Rainbows?

[quote author=Cherryz link=topic=6761.msg324318#msg324318 date=1177769395]
    o0o also whoever thought that the pic that was deleted from deviantart was probably of jodie and Stephanie...I'm not so sure about that. Jodie made a comment to someone that she admired her for taking nude pics. She said that she herself had thought about taking pics like that but, wasn't sure about doing that. (Could go either way)

!twistdthortz  Feb 20, 2007, 3:52:44 PM
    :boo:
    I like da way ur not shy about doin nude pikture takes
    i hav alwayz considereed doin sum of maself
    but i am unsure
    wat do u tink
    :pills: :saddrunk:
    [/quote]

Yeah, I saw that, that was a while before they stopped posting though. I'm sure it was them, who else would it have been? Anyway, enough of that it makes me sick that they even thought about it.

Check this out, from the Aussie press, A guy that says he tried to talk them out of it via msn

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,,21638022-661,00.html

Re: Jodie Gater (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide

I have already posted this in part on another forum. This posting here has been slightly edited. Ive removed specific references to things discussed in the other forum, but not on here.

Hi everyone, I've just read this thread, and, what can I say. Its tragic what has occurred. What I find most disturbing, apart from the media's slant on things, is how these ladies were treated IRL (in real life) by those that knew/came into contact with them. I dont wish to speak ill of the parents or friends, but really, guys n gals, didnt someone think to ask with the months of poems and so forth, glorifying suicide. Ive lost people really close, and, if prompted I probably can detail the really bad ones, but I digress. If there's one thing ive learned, everytime this happens, is that you never, ever think its a fake. Its better to get them in touch with help, and be wrong, than to think its all b/s and be right. I didnt know these ladies, at all, but their young age, and seemingly fairly outgoing personalities, and the media's slant on things, has really hit me bad.
    And, im not typing this to illicite a reaction, and if one does react, dont get mad, dont chuck me out, let me try to explain myself better.
    I've since learned that these ladies lives weren't exactly rosy. I know growing up is tough, I was there, at one stage, in order for me to cope I smoked pot, drank to excess, and got in trouble. everyone said it was growing pains, but at the rip old age of .. well lets just say, it was in my 30's that i was diagnosed with depression. My doctor and I progressed thru my life history (did an audit of my life), and he feels that my life turned depressed probably from around 8 - 12 years old. Considering I put my fist thru a glass window somewhere around 10 - 12 years old, and when mum tried to help, i pushed her away, waiting to bleed out, and it took 2 or 3 people to hold me down to administer first aid. So yeah, Whilst everyones experience is different, ive found that society, as a unit, or even little groups, has really changed. Mum and I discussed this yesterday, and she says, and I have to agree, that in the last 10 years or so people really dont give a shit about nuthin. for them to be sucessful someone has to fail. This emo culture that people have pigeon holed into a possible cause is no cause at all. we all want to be different, being in the mainstream, and 'normal' in looks, what we wear, is boring. but back to mums comments; she says that no one really gives a shit about fellow men or women. an example is when that sydney transit boss collapsed in the street outside his office, people were stepping over and around him as if he'd become an obsticle. it was a total stranger, who crossed the street to see what was the matter, who dialed 000 and began cpr that saved this mans life. society is.. fucked up.. at the moment. we need to try to restore the balance that to move up and beyond is not to make sure our friends or family or even total strangers fail. we can move forward whilst still helping our fellow man or woman. until this situation changes, there will be even more people like these 2 ladies, who wont be able to cope with life's situations and will resort to drastic measures to escape lifes tormentors. just because these ladies were different in looks or feelings, didnt make them a target for those that pigeon holed them, I myself was bullied at school, badly, to tears and beyond, self-harm every other week, but still i was sent back to school, and i tried my hardest to fit in, and when i rebelled, i was caned, so the tormentors in my situation, got away with tormenting me twice, once to get me going, and once again to gloat that id been punished. I still have fears that i will meet my tormentor IRL and then may take action against him, drastic action. I know its not worth going to jail for killing someone, but, would i be justified in doing something drastic to try to even the equation on the other side of the = (equals) sign? We will see, one day.
    Anyway, I do know Stephanie was bullied at school badly, and that it had worn her down, to the point of so ...what. Teachers were notified and help was requested, but nothing was done. Why werent those that were intrusted with her safety and security not more forthcoming? Maybe the teachers didnt give a shit, like most of society? Maybe they thought it was growing-pains? one will never know (maybe the coroner should raise this in the hearing?). And what of those that were doing the tormenting? didnt not even one of them talk to Steph and try and help her cope with this situation? or even see if she was okay? Not as far as I am aware. Until people start giving a shit about others, there will, unfortunately, be more of these tragic events. That these ladies decided that this was the only way to fix these problems in their lives is truely a sad endightment on the society we now live in. Jodie, had problems as well. The adults in her life didnt seem to give a shit. Jodie mentioned online that her mum didnt show any caring towards her, prefering to put he down all the time. For someone so young, not having a stable base in the place one expects safety and security, is well, wrong. Regardless of the issues at the time, not showing love and respect to a fellow human whilst they're trying to work out where they're going to fit in society, with lifes challenges, is reprehensible. I find it weird that the father is hell bent on removing Jodies 'net prescence, he's already said he's deleted lots of stuff she posted and once the coroner has finished he'll delete everything he has. I mean WTF? Is his way of coping to delete the fact that Jodie ever existed? Jodie and Steph deserve better than this. Whilst there can be no coming back from the events that have occured, I think this situation deserves to be remembered on the 'net for everyone to see, both cases, open for all to read. To remind those that put down, harass, pigeon hole, and generally fuck up other's lives (and those that are least able to cope with societies challenges, like myself) that this is not the way society should be. As ive stated in other forums - these ladies have made their decision. They've found a way to stop the harassment. Its terribly tragic that they chose suicide. Its a permanent solution to a non-permenent problem. They've escaped from it all, and those of us, that are left, are left wondering what if? Why? and so forth.

Please feel free to comment, make suggestions, and so forth.

Please remember that this is not meant to be judgemental of any group or person. I'd dearly like to respond to any challenges put to me over this post, as best I can, and to try to put into words perhaps in a better way, some of the issues I have talked about in this posting. Steph and Jodie deserve to have their cases talked about, and perhaps some good will come of this, maybe society will change? god I hope so.

[my usual signature is not correct for this post]

Louis

Re: Jodie Gater (16) and Stephanie Gestier (16) killed themselves in a Suicide

[quote author=louhaven link=topic=6761.msg325996#msg325996 date=1177827034]
    I have already posted this in part on another forum. This posting here has been slightly edited. Ive removed specific references to things discussed in the other forum, but not on here.

Hi everyone, I've just read this thread, and, what can I say. Its tragic what has occurred. What I find most disturbing, apart from the media's slant on things, is how these ladies were treated IRL (in real life) by those that knew/came into contact with them. I dont wish to speak ill of the parents or friends, but really, guys n gals, didnt someone think to ask with the months of poems and so forth, glorifying suicide. Ive lost people really close, and, if prompted I probably can detail the really bad ones, but I digress. If there's one thing ive learned, everytime this happens, is that you never, ever think its a fake. Its better to get them in touch with help, and be wrong, than to think its all b/s and be right. I didnt know these ladies, at all, but their young age, and seemingly fairly outgoing personalities, and the media's slant on things, has really hit me bad.
    And, im not typing this to illicite a reaction, and if one does react, dont get mad, dont chuck me out, let me try to explain myself better.
    I've since learned that these ladies lives weren't exactly rosy. I know growing up is tough, I was there, at one stage, in order for me to cope I smoked pot, drank to excess, and got in trouble. everyone said it was growing pains, but at the rip old age of .. well lets just say, it was in my 30's that i was diagnosed with depression. My doctor and I progressed thru my life history (did an audit of my life), and he feels that my life turned depressed probably from around 8 - 12 years old. Considering I put my fist thru a glass window somewhere around 10 - 12 years old, and when mum tried to help, i pushed her away, waiting to bleed out, and it took 2 or 3 people to hold me down to administer first aid. So yeah, Whilst everyones experience is different, ive found that society, as a unit, or even little groups, has really changed. Mum and I discussed this yesterday, and she says, and I have to agree, that in the last 10 years or so people really dont give a shit about nuthin. for them to be sucessful someone has to fail. This emo culture that people have pigeon holed into a possible cause is no cause at all. we all want to be different, being in the mainstream, and 'normal' in looks, what we wear, is boring. but back to mums comments; she says that no one really gives a shit about fellow men or women. an example is when that sydney transit boss collapsed in the street outside his office, people were stepping over and around him as if he'd become an obsticle. it was a total stranger, who crossed the street to see what was the matter, who dialed 000 and began cpr that saved this mans life. society is.. fucked up.. at the moment. we need to try to restore the balance that to move up and beyond is not to make sure our friends or family or even total strangers fail. we can move forward whilst still helping our fellow man or woman. until this situation changes, there will be even more people like these 2 ladies, who wont be able to cope with life's situations and will resort to drastic measures to escape lifes tormentors. just because these ladies were different in looks or feelings, didnt make them a target for those that pigeon holed them, I myself was bullied at school, badly, to tears and beyond, self-harm every other week, but still i was sent back to school, and i tried my hardest to fit in, and when i rebelled, i was caned, so the tormentors in my situation, got away with tormenting me twice, once to get me going, and once again to gloat that id been punished. I still have fears that i will meet my tormentor IRL and then may take action against him, drastic action. I know its not worth going to jail for killing someone, but, would i be justified in doing something drastic to try to even the equation on the other side of the = (equals) sign? We will see, one day.
    Anyway, I do know Stephanie was bullied at school badly, and that it had worn her down, to the point of so ...what. Teachers were notified and help was requested, but nothing was done. Why werent those that were intrusted with her safety and security not more forthcoming? Maybe the teachers didnt give a shit, like most of society? Maybe they thought it was growing-pains? one will never know (maybe the coroner should raise this in the hearing?). And what of those that were doing the tormenting? didnt not even one of them talk to Steph and try and help her cope with this situation? or even see if she was okay? Not as far as I am aware. Until people start giving a shit about others, there will, unfortunately, be more of these tragic events. That these ladies decided that this was the only way to fix these problems in their lives is truely a sad endightment on the society we now live in. Jodie, had problems as well. The adults in her life didnt seem to give a shit. Jodie mentioned online that her mum didnt show any caring towards her, prefering to put he down all the time. For someone so young, not having a stable base in the place one expects safety and security, is well, wrong. Regardless of the issues at the time, not showing love and respect to a fellow human whilst they're trying to work out where they're going to fit in society, with lifes challenges, is reprehensible. I find it weird that the father is hell bent on removing Jodies 'net prescence, he's already said he's deleted lots of stuff she posted and once the coroner has finished he'll delete everything he has. I mean WTF? Is his way of coping to delete the fact that Jodie ever existed? Jodie and Steph deserve better than this. Whilst there can be no coming back from the events that have occured, I think this situation deserves to be remembered on the 'net for everyone to see, both cases, open for all to read. To remind those that put down, harass, pigeon hole, and generally fuck up other's lives (and those that are least able to cope with societies challenges, like myself) that this is not the way society should be. As ive stated in other forums - these ladies have made their decision. They've found a way to stop the harassment. Its terribly tragic that they chose suicide. Its a permanent solution to a non-permenent problem. They've escaped from it all, and those of us, that are left, are left wondering what if? Why? and so forth.

Please feel free to comment, make suggestions, and so forth.

Please remember that this is not meant to be judgemental of any group or person. I'd dearly like to respond to any challenges put to me over this post, as best I can, and to try to put into words perhaps in a better way, some of the issues I have talked about in this posting. Steph and Jodie deserve to have their cases talked about, and perhaps some good will come of this, maybe society will change? god I hope so.

[my usual signature is not correct for this post]

Louis

[/quote]

Well written. I think our societal expectations have drastically lowered in the last 40 or so years. Each generation seems to be deteriorating at an all to rapid rate. You have some valid and interesting observations. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

Excellent post louis.

[quote author=Cherryz link=topic=6761.msg326095#msg326095 date=1177829765]
    Excellent post louis.
    I don't know why Joide's father would want to remove everything. If it were my family. I'd rather leave it. to remove it.. i'd feel like I've wiped out all she done. Now in the case of Steph, as a parent... I would remove the risque pics and leave the rest of her work. I wouldn't want her to be remembere'd for topless pics and I damn sure wouldn't want people taking those pics and using them elsewhere...(like in here for example)Me personally I think it's wrong to take peoples pics without asking and post them.

I like the fact that you posted Jodie had said mom didn't show her any caring. Something I myself had noted. She said she had never even hugged her before and that she always called her a bitch. How sad is that?!?!?
    [/quote]

Of course, I wasnt refering to the semi-nude pickies - i only noticed them when the page finally loaded. Yes, I'd get rid of them, perhaps only to retain some kind of  decorum, or vanity, considering the subject is now deceased.

Yes, I read about Jodie, and I thought, oh wow, thats not good. The fact that she's had a step-mother putting her down is soul-destroying. I've not read that Jodie had any contact with her real mom. In any case, this, along with the attitudes of her 'friends' and society in general dont paint a pretty picture of the situation at all. I mean, what kind of mother-figure doesnt show any kind of caring, its weird. Regardless of any issues with liking or disliking the situation with the daughter and the father, you really should try and accommodate the young person. To not try is perhaps a sign of the failures of society. I get the impression, and, correct me if I'm wrong, that the step-mom didnt want Jodie there at all, and the fact that the father is trying to delete Jodie's net prescence, adds some creedance to that assumption.

Whilst I'm not wanting to speculate, as only those directly involved really have all the answers, I think the coroner should be alerted to these facts, as the coroner in nsw (I'm not familiar with the coronial process in Victoria)  can be rather adversorial, and is not bound by the niceties of the standard court proceedings, and try to get to the bottom of this tragic occurance. If the issues from behind the scenes, such as they are, can see the light of day, maybe this will begin the healing process that society is desperately screeming out for.

I've just lost all my icons, ill have to reboot and return. Sorry.

Louis

Here's one:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/bullying-on-teens-sad-road-to-oblivion/2007/04/27/1177459984314.html?page=2

"[Steph] was upset, because she was being bullied really badly," Gemma May says, recalling her last conversation with Stephanie a few weeks ago. "They'd cornered her in the locker room. She was really upset; she said the school's not doing anything. She was crying. I hadn't seen someone that upset for a while. This was different. She was over it, she was so worn down, sick of it. You could see it in her face."
    It's about the best article on the subject but still way too obsessed with the emo thing. It keeps bringing up emo, talking to emo's saying that this had nothing to do with emo, and then talking about it again. It's a shame that an article can say something as revealing as that and then lose focus so badly.

I think the dad will regret deleting her only presence. But he feels so guilty, he's already said that he wishes he'd known what she was up to online and spent a bit more time with her. I feel that by deleting it he can make out that it's nobodies fault, that he didn't miss a ton of clues and feel that giving her counselling once a week was enough. I can't imagine deleting anything a child of mine had done to express themselves, especially if they were no longer with us.

[quote author=Cherryz link=topic=6761.msg326180#msg326180 date=1177838256]
    So one girl felt totally unloved,was probably into self mutilation and she was constantly put down by "mum" and the other girl was tormented by bullies in school. Nice....I don't blame dad honestly for not seeing what Jodie was doing on the net. I kind of blame the people who seen what she was doing on the net and they didnt interveen. Jodie, I feel left a lot showing what life was like for her. Stephanie didn't leave as much showing what she was going though.

<snip>
    [/quote]

I'm not sure I DO blame others online, you have to bear in mind that for many young kids the emo thing, the goth thing, the vampire stuff it's all an affectation, it's searching for an identity the way all kids do in their teenage years. Teenagers have always been over dramatic it kind of goes with the territory, just because for these two girls the depression was real and dangerous doesn't mean it would stand out from the rest of the mixed up kids who form groups like this. Expecting other teenagers most of whom only know each other online to spot signs of mental illness when teachers, real life friends and parents all missed it seems a little harsh in my opinion.

Thread Information