Thread: Stephanie Eisensmith (50) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Stephanie Eisensmith (50) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016..._Skyway_Bridge

Ugh. She had Akathisia.. it is defined as: a state of agitation, distress, and restlessness that is an occasional side-effect of antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs.

I can't figure out how to embed it but there is a video that shows her symptoms here - https://www.facebook.com/paul.chomia...7596056985557/

Looks like she was going through withdrawal that caused that. I can definitely relate to the feeling...agitated, restless (tired but can't sit still). It was awful. Was she not monitored by a doctor when going through withdrawal? They can make it a lot easier and less painful...

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

There's a lot of FB posts about her

Unfortunately Stephanie's "doctor" put her in a detox facility, and cold turkeyed her off of her prescribed dose of Klonopin. He then did reinstate her, but as what happens with so many people, it did not alleviate her extreme suffering in severe withdrawal. Stephanie was a brave warrior who just couldn't take the insane level of physical and mental anguish these drugs caused- I know the horror first hand and I do not blame her one bit.

This was her post the day before she died

Cold turkey? I would have gone to another place. Most, that I know of, will give you something and wean you off it. At the place I was at, the alcoholics were given valium for the first week (or so) to prevent a seizure from happening, which can easily happen if you are drinking heavily and just stop.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    There's a lot of FB posts about her

Unfortunately Stephanie's "doctor" put her in a detox facility, and cold turkeyed her off of her prescribed dose of Klonopin. He then did reinstate her, but as what happens with so many people, it did not alleviate her extreme suffering in severe withdrawal. Stephanie was a brave warrior who just couldn't take the insane level of physical and mental anguish these drugs caused- I know the horror first hand and I do not blame her one bit.

This was her post the day before she died

What the hell!!!! Cold TURKEY? What about reducing the dosage over a few weeks and weaning her off like a regular doctor?

Akathisia - she was literally jumping out of her fucking skin basically. I cannot stand this. Doctors DO have a duty of care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She seemed so sweet with a loving family. This breaks my heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

She jumped in the middle of the day and was apparently witnessed by many going over. This bridge is so freaking tall. I don't mind bridges, but this one wigs me out to drive over. It's tall enough for the cruise ships to easily slip under it. I can't imagine what must be in the jumpers minds' right before they jump. So sad.

http://www.skywaybridge.com/2016.htm

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    She jumped in the middle of the day and was apparently witnessed by many going over. This bridge is so freaking tall. I don't mind bridges, but this one wigs me out to drive over. It's tall enough for the cruise ships to easily slip under it. I can't imagine what must be in the jumpers minds' right before they jump. So sad.

http://www.skywaybridge.com/2016.htm

I used to be obsessed with this website. There's some really creepy stories on there. One was a guy that jumped and survived. In the hospital he related about how he was happy he was alive and was grateful that he survived. He ended up committing suicide later that year by a different method

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd, poor lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I used to be obsessed with this website. There's some really creepy stories on there. One was a guy that jumped and survived. In the hospital he related about how he was happy he was alive and was grateful that he survived. He ended up committing suicide later that year by a different method
    I also used to be obsessed with the website. I don't know how many of the names of the jumpers I tried to find out information on. I think that's how I found y'all. There are so many names: http://www.skywaybridge.com/namelist.htm

Jesus, they get at least two deaths per month at that bridge? Am I seeing that correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Jesus, they get at least two deaths per month at that bridge? Am I seeing that correctly.
    You are. It's the second most popular suicide bridge in the country, Golden Gate being #1.

What was his name?

What was his name?
    If she is think of the same one I am, it is Adam Christopher Rozamus. Happened in May of 2013 (when he jumped). He actually started posting on the Skyway bridge site, explained his reasoning of why he jumped, etc. Ended up paralyzed and committed suicide by overdose that same year in September. Here is his post:

07.14.13, First off, let me start by apologizing for not getting back to you sooner. I've been going through some things that consume a bit of my time.
    A little history... I have been with my ex girlfriend for 7?yrs. We bought a house, have 2 kids and 2 dogs. We have been working opposite shifts for most of our relationship. I was going to marry her.
    The entire week prior to the jump I had been going through a breakup with my girlfriend of 7?yrs. She was under the impression that I had been cheating on her for the last few years. But I haven't been. Unfortunately if you put yourself in her place and look at things from her angle, you will think that to. (false evidence).
    After days of her not even looking at me, won't answer my phone calls or texts, my stress level got so high that I couldn't eat or sleep. After 5 days of no sleep or food I was no longer thinking straight. I went to work on Friday morning after an argument with her. About 10am the police show up at my job looking for me. I didn't know if they were going to arrest me or not so I slipped out the back door. (I had done nothing wrong but, again, I wasn't thinking straight).
    After a 3hr walk home, we again got into an argument. I left to go get my belongings from work. I then though "screw this shit. I am just going to go jump off the skyway bridge." my entire world was collapsing around me. I picked up the kids from school, dropped them off with her and left for the bridge.
    By this point I had a kind of tunnel vision. I paid the toll and drove to the top. On the way I call my ex and she ignored my call. I called again. Again she ignored me. I then called 911 from my cell phone to report the jump and told them to call my ex to inform her where her car was. After I hung up the phone, I emptied my pockets (cell, spare change, wallet, etc), put the key in the book bag on the passenger floor, got out of the car, closed the door, walked to the rear of the car, turned and took 3 rapid steps then dove over the wall.
    I chose the skyway bridge because I don't own a firearm anymore and figured it would be quick and easy. When I decided to jump, I did not hesitate or change my mind at any point.
    I was very blessed by a force much greater than myself. Some would call it god, or the powers of the universe. I was knocked unconscious on impact and awoke at the surface. I suffered a broken neck, broken back and ribs, and I broke my right wrist and ruptured both lungs as well.
    I was then faced with a choice. I had to choose to swim or drown. I looked up at the bridge from the water and literally said "well that didn't work!" I looked around and thought about my kids. I realized I need to be here for them. I began to swim against the current to some rocks at the base of the pylons supporting the bridge. (About 100ft away.) Needless to say, I was exhausted when I finally got there. I passed out. I woke up in the hospital.
    To date, my neck and back are still healing and I am paralyzed from the ribs down. I plan to walk again one day even though the Dr's say I won't. I don't have any suicidal thoughts. My family and friends have really come together to show their support and how much they care. There has been no legal action taken by anyone. I was not on any medication at the time of the jump. The only medication I'm on is what I need to recover (pain medication and others) I am still in the hospital for now. I have crossed the bridge many times before and ironically always got "butterflies" due to how high it is. Always had the "what if..." in the back of my mind. Like falling over the side due to a car accident for example. I do wonder if I will be affected when I go over it for the first time since I jumped. But I don't think I will. I just stumbled upon your site by accident when I was looking up information on the skyway after the jump.
    If you have any more questions or comments feel free to ask. I am willing to help any way I can. I am still at Bayfront medical center in case you need anything else. I am healthy enough for visitors. Also you have my email address to contact me. - Adam

If she is think of the same one I am, it is Adam Christopher Rozamus. Happened in May of 2013 (when he jumped). He actually started posting on the Skyway bridge site, explained his reasoning of why he jumped, etc. Ended up paralyzed and committed suicide by overdose that same year in September. Here is his post:
    That's the one

Stevie nicks has nothing good to say about Klonipin. I knew a woman who struggled with Klonipin. She was taking it to help her with her addiction to pain pills. She said going through withdrawl from pain pills was so much easier than getting off Klonipin. She eventually died from an overdose.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Wow, I had never heard of that story. It says that he took all of his medication at once on 9/17/13. http://www.skywaybridge.com/2013.htm I wonder if he had not been paralyzed if he would have done it? I think the knowledge that he would be paralyzed for the rest of his life from the first attempt would be hard to overcome.

Wow, I had never heard of that story. It says that he took all of his medication at once on 9/17/13. http://www.skywaybridge.com/2013.htm I wonder if he had not been paralyzed if he would have done it? I think the knowledge that he would be paralyzed for the rest of his life from the first attempt would be hard to overcome.
    What I don't get is who let him have all that medication in his possession, enough to overdose and kill himself, when he had just attempted suicide a few months back. With him being paralyzed, I would think he would have had someone with him a lot to help out....couldn't that person have doled out his medication when it was time to take it, in the necessary doses?

I used to drive over that bridge quite a bit. I watched the video of this poor woman, it was just sad. You could tell that she was completely drained.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse View Post
    I used to drive over that bridge quite a bit. I watched the video of this poor woman, it was just sad. You could tell that she was completely drained.
    There's video? Is there a link to it?

Welcome to the site BTW

There's video? Is there a link to it?

Welcome to the site BTW
    I think this is it

https://www.facebook.com/paul.chomia...7596056985557/

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Ahhhh. Yes I saw this one. I thought they were talking about the actual jump from the bridge footage. Okay. I was tired and didn't understand. Thanks!

I was on the bridge site earlier, and I saw that they saved someone from jumping tonight. It is so gut wrenching.

I was on the bridge site earlier, and I saw that they saved someone from jumping tonight. It is so gut wrenching.
    Ow, RBW, make sure you chat to a friend or something, that can leave a mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information