Thread: Marina Lonina, (18), accused of filming the rape of a 17-year-old friend using the live-streaming app Periscope

Marina Lonina, (18), accused of filming the rape of a 17-year-old friend using the live-streaming app Periscope

An Ohio woman was indicted Wednesday for allegedly broadcasting the rape of a teenager using the live-streaming app Periscope.

Marina Alexeevna Lonina, 18, is accused of filming the rape of a 17-year-old friend on February 27, Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O?Brien said in a statement on Wednesday. Raymond Boyd Gates, 29, who was also indicted Wednesday, is alleged to have forced the young woman to have sex with him at Lonina?s Columbus, Ohio, home. Gates is believed to be Lonina?s boyfriend, the BBC reports.

Prior to using Periscope to stream the alleged rape, Lonina is accused of taking nude photos of the girl. Lonina and Gates face one count of kidnapping, one count of sexual battery, two counts of rape and three counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor. Lonina faces two additional charges of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material or performance.

?Ms. Lonina maintains her innocence in this matter and denies the charges against her,? Roger Soroka, Lonina?s lawyer, said in a statement emailed to Newsweek on Thursday.

?If Gates and Lonina are convicted for these charges, they each face a potential sentence in excess of 40 years in prison,? O?Brien said on Wednesday.

Authorities were alerted to the alleged incident after one of Lonina?s friends, living in another state, saw the live stream, the prosecutor said. It's unclear how many people viewed the broadcast.

Twitter, which hosts the Periscope app, told Newsweek it doesn't comment on individual Periscope accounts ?for privacy and security reasons.? Periscope?s community guidelines say users are not allowed to broadcast ?explicit graphic content,? which includes "depictions of child abuse, animal abuse, or bodily harm."

Last year, two teenagers in Utah used Periscope to live-stream their theft of the contents of an ice cream truck. A Florida woman took to Periscope during a bout of drunk-driving last October, but avoided jail time after making a plea deal.
    http://www.newsweek.com/periscope-ra...am-ohio-447928
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Marina -

Raymond -

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

I get a weird vibe from Marina and some of her friends.

Marina Lonina
    I hate rhyming names.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

These are both him - he had a blonde stage (sus they eyes/eyebrows)

His OLD FB - https://www.facebook.com/raymondboyd.gates

His CURRENT FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008551747641

He only has minimal friends on each which is just odd... and they aren't friends on either (Mary and him)

He was with a lovely lady (seemingly) but she is now listed as single and her last posts with him were in March, so I think that was a short lived meeting.

Poor love was so happy 'I'm lucky to have met him' - I don't believe she's the victim, obviously.

That woman obviously knows nothing about guns. I cringe when I see pictures of people with their finger on the actual trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I'm just shocked that Ferris Bueller was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I don't think gun-savvy people generally post mirror selfies with their gats to try to look cool. She's a stupidhead.

A few months ago we'd have been discussing how the sicko dating a teenager manipulated the poor girl into this. And how naive girls take tit pics and think it's cute. Now it's the gross woman who took nude pictures of a child. Not saying it's cool, but they're either both children, or both women. That's the part that gets me.

I'd like to bash his smirky little face in.

How awful to be the friend who witnessed it and reported it, unable to do anything from another state. Not that being a hero and getting into a confrontation would be fun... but not even having the option would be worse IMO. /random brain

Streaming that shit would cost me a mint with my current data plan.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post

COLUMBUS, Ohio- An 18-year-old Ohio woman accused of livestreaming the rape of her 17-year-old friend with a social media app was trying to record the assault as evidence, the woman's attorney said recently in a defense a prosecutor flatly dismissed.

Marina Lonina pleaded not guilty Friday to multiple charges including rape, kidnapping, sexual battery and pandering sexual matter involving a minor. A judge set bond at $125,000 for Lonina, a student at New Albany High School, outside Columbus.

Her co-defendant, Raymond Gates, 29, also pleaded not guilty, with a judge setting his bond at $300,000. A public defender representing Gates did not comment about the allegations.

Lonina and her friend - who attends the same high school - met Gates at a Columbus mall for the first time the day before where he bought them a bottle of vodka and encouraged them to meet him the following day, her lawyer Sam Shamansky said.

He acknowledged his client filmed the February assault of her intoxicated friend but said she was trying to get the girl out of the house where the attack happened.

It was a friend in another state who saw that livestream and called police, reports CBS affiliate WBNS in Columbus.

Lonina is in the habit of filming everything with Periscope, Shamansky said. The app for smartphones allows users to stream live video.

"She does everything possible to contain the situation even to the point of asking while it's being filmed to these Periscope followers, 'What should I do now? What should I do now?'" Shamansky said.

The attorney told WBNS his client and the victim "were preyed upon by this pervert, that's all I can say."

Lonina and her friend are naturalized U.S. citizens from Russia, and Gates is also of Russian descent, said Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien. The comments on the video are in Russian.

O'Brien said Lonina is seen trying to help only briefly during the 10-minute video. O'Brien said the victim was clearly screaming "stop" and "no" during the assault.

Although Lonina told police she was trying to record the assault as evidence, her behavior as people watching via Periscope "liked" the assault painted a different picture, O'Brien said.

"She got, I guess, taken up with all the 'likes' that her livestream was getting and therefore continued to do it, and did nothing to aid the victim," O'Brien said.

Independent of the rape count, Lonina is also charged with livestreaming her friend nude the day before the assault, which is a felony, O'Brien said.

The Franklin County prosecutor told WBNS he has handled many sexual assault cases in his career, but never anything like this one.

"Technology has moved us into an area that is sometimes beyond belief," he said.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-tee...-for-evidence/

Thread Information