Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Father Rene Robert (71) died and foul play is suspected

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    OMG - this is the area I am from. I hope he is okay but it isn't sounding good.

Murray's head looks misshapen, like if you sit him on your desk and give him a little poke, his head would wobble alllll night looooong.

There's something especially foul about murdering a priest,nun, reverend,ect. I don't doubt for a minute that Father Robert's fate was a grisly one.

Obviously not everyone is worth trying to help or can be saved. Murray being a star example. Sick,sick,worthless,useless fuck.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He's got those close set eyes that tend to exist amongst murdering assholes for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Hello. I've been lurking MDS for years, some of these threads are great for late night reading. I remembered reading about this last night and I just wanted to post an update. Hope I'm doing this right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lice-body.html

Steven James Murray, the man being questioned in connection with the disappearance of the Rev. Ren? Robert, a Diocese of St. Augustine priest, has been arrested multiple times in South Carolina. This booking photo was taken early Thursday morning where he was being held for release to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

On April 17, 2013 Murray was arrested on larceny/grand larceny charges along with violation of probation. He was sentenced in the case, according to the Aiken County Sheriff's detention center records

July 30, 2011, booking photo

Murray was arrested and released the same day. His status was listed as "closed" with no charges filed.

January 15, 2009, booking photo

Murray was arrested in 2009 for a parole violation.

November 14, 2008, booking photo

Murray was arrested and accused of a misdemeanor on unlawful use of a telephone.

March 16, 2007, booking photo

Murray was held on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm.

Oct. 17, 2008, booking photo

Murray was arrested on charges of grand larceny, parole violation and a charge listed as unlawful use of telephone (threats), felony.

an. 3, 2005, booking photo

Murray's arrest offense was listed as "carry F/A on bus prem sell alcohol."

Theres more, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MexMe View Post
    Hello. I've been lurking MDS for years, some of these threads are great for late night reading. I remembered reading about this last night and I just wanted to post an update. Hope I'm doing this right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lice-body.html
    Thanks and welcome, MexMe. From the link you shared:

Missing Florida priest, 71, is found dead in Georgia after suspect caught driving reverend's stolen car leads police to his body

A 71-year-old Florida Roman Catholic priest missing since last week has been found dead in Georgia, police said Monday night.

The body of the Rev. Rene Wayne Robert was found in Waynesboro after the man arrested while driving the priest's car led police there, St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar said at a news conference.

Steven James Murray, 28, was arrested Wednesday night in Aiken, S.C., with numerous weapons in the St. Augustine-based priest's car.*

Shoar said he expects Murray will be charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping.

The sheriff said motive was unclear at this point but the Franciscan priest had tried to help Murray, who the sheriff characterized as a 'career criminal,' after he was recently released from jail.

Investigators think Robert was killed April 10, the last night he was seen.*

A cause of death has yet to be determined, but Shoar said 'it was obvious he was the victim of homicidal violence.'

An emotional Shoar called Robert a dear friend and described the investigation as the most intense of his career.

'I just really wish we had better news tonight,' he said.

Murray has been charged with aggravated fleeing and attempting to elude related to his arrest.

Aiken County Sheriff's spokesman Eric Abdullah wrote in a statement that deputies and U.S. marshals responded to Murray's last known location Wednesday afternoon.

As they approached the 2012 blue Toyota Corolla with Florida license plates, Murray drove away and crashed into a tree, then fled on foot, Abdullah wrote.

Bloodhounds and a helicopter tracked Murray down and he was arrested, according to the statement.

Records don't indicate whether he's hired an attorney to contact for comment on the case.

Not a surprising outcome, but sad nonetheless. I don't have any respect/acknowledgement of the religious position he held, but I can certainly respect anyone trying to help their fellow human beings out. What a senseless waste!

did anyone else catch this line
    "Murray's father, Bobby James Murray, 53, was arrested Wednesday in Jacksonville for indecent exposure. He is accused of masturbating in a pool lounge chair with several children swimming nearby, police said."

huh?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I had a feeling the outcome would be grim. So sad that trying to help someone cost the priest his life.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Incredibly sad outcome.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did anyone else catch this line
    "Murray's father, Bobby James Murray, 53, was arrested Wednesday in Jacksonville for indecent exposure. He is accused of masturbating in a pool lounge chair with several children swimming nearby, police said."

huh?
    Sounds like the whole family needs to die in a fire.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The priest worked with criminals. He did counseling. The police believe he was trying to help Murray. Sounds like Murray kidnapped the priest, took him to GA in the priest's car and then killed him.

I guess Murray's statement to the press makes it all better.
    As he left a Burke County, Ga. court Wednesday, Murray told CBS affiliate WJAX he has mental problems and "lost control of myself. I apologize," he said.

"Very sorry. If anybody loves Father Rene, they'll forgive me because he was a man of God and forgiveness is forgiveness," Murray told the station.

When asked by reporters what he had to say to his children and the priest's family, Murray said, "Please forgive me."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-face...y-dead-priest/

Well as long as he's sorry... *rolls eyes*

And how dare he say that anyone who loves Father Rene should forgive him. What a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

OMG! Thank goodness the death penalty is in place in FL. Not totally for it unless you have a case like this with a deranged moron who decided to take the life of a wonderful man in the Jax community.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    OMG! Thank goodness the death penalty is in place in FL. Not totally for it unless you have a case like this with a deranged moron who decided to take the life of a wonderful man in the Jax community.
    1. The victim himself wouldn't want the killer to receive the death penalty. The Catholic Church are deeply opposed to the practice.

2. Killing the killer isn't going to make the priest any less dead. And, no murderous shit has ever refrained from murdering on account of the death penalty per se. Why not just put him in prison for a really long time? That will be an equally good deterrent in practice, it would be an outcome the victim would've approved of and it won't brutalise the actual human beings involved with the actual killing of another human being in the name of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by pigna View Post
    1. The victim himself wouldn't want the killer to receive the death penalty. The Catholic Church are deeply opposed to the practice.

2. Killing the killer isn't going to make the priest any less dead. And, no murderous shit has ever refrained from murdering on account of the death penalty per se. Why not just put him in prison for a really long time? That will be an equally good deterrent in practice, it would be an outcome the victim would've approved of and it won't brutalise the actual human beings involved with the actual killing of another human being in the name of the state.
    Wow, I guess you told me.

If you say so? Maybe I should have added 'IMO', but I thought that was kinda implied.

It's all good - everyone has their own opinions, which is what makes things interesting. Welcome, Pigna. I like you are not afraid to speak your mind. You will fit in nicely.

Thanks. I didn't mean to sound arrogant. Just saying what I think, no problem with people thinking differently to me, I just talk when I'm interested.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...-suicide-jail#

Man accused of killing St. Augustine priest attempts suicide in jail

(May 31, 2016) Steven James Murray, the man accused of killing St. Augustine priest Rene Robert, attempted to hang himself Tuesday evening at the Burke County, Georgia, jail, according to Burke County Sheriff Greg Coursey.

Murray was taken to Burke County Medical Center about 6:30 p.m. and was later returned to jail. Coursey said Murray tried to hang himself with a bed sheet.

"He's been upset that smoking isn't allowed in the jail," Coursey said. "He keeps asking to smoke a cigarette."

Murray, 28, was taken into custody April 13. The body of the Rev. Rene Robert, who had been missing, was found April 18 in a wooded area in the northern part of Burke County.

According to Coursey, Murray will remain on suicide watch at the jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I'm not religious in any way, but killing a priest is like straight evil shit. Like whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I'm not religious in any way, but killing a priest is like straight evil shit. Like whoa.

I'm not religious whatsoever, either, but I was raised Catholic and the priests I met while in college (Catholic university) were all great people who I admired. So, yes, I agree, murdering a priest seems like a special kind of evil to me.

I clicked on this thread initially because Rene Robert is the name of one of my favorite hockey players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm not religious whatsoever, either, but I was raised Catholic and the priests I met while in college (Catholic university) were all great people who I admired. So, yes, I agree, murdering a priest seems like a special kind of evil to me.

I clicked on this thread initially because Rene Robert is the name of one of my favorite hockey players.
    Word. Me no likey religion, but particularly elderly religious types/figures, I will never poke at - they've been raised in a different time, I get it. KILLING someone in general, wtf - killing someone who seemingly hasn't fucked with anyone and dedicated their life to a omnipotent being? Horrid. In so many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information