Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: That's Racist!!!

shiki

Re: That's Racist!!!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=6749.msg310948#msg310948 date=1177361159]
    Has any one thought about reverse discrimination?  I know there are all kinds of bigotry out there, look how Native Americans are treated to this day?  I work for a Construction Company and we have to send our own minority drivers home with no pay because the state demands us to use a certain % of minority hired hauler/drivers.  Also if the hired haulers don't have insurance or even know how to do the work or bid the job to get the work,  we have to provide insurance and help them bid the job or get the job done.  As long as we get that almighty % for the state.  It irks me to see our own employees unable to buy groceries or necessities because we had to send them home to get a stupid % demanded by the state.  Also, by minority I mean color be it Mexican, African American, or Native American...women don't figure in that equation...go figure.
    [/quote]

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg310955#msg310955 date=1177361317]
    thats true. i think bigotry is ass. bigotry and hate from whites dosn't justify it towards whites. Hell from what ive heard the norwegros say white people smell like wet dog and that aint right. still, many white people in this country are benifiting from that white skin. I wouldn't give a damn if you called me bunny everyday if i could walk around with the same sense of security and the oppourtunities that many white people get...you're right tho, it breaks my heart to see the colored keepin the white man down...absoulutly inexcuseable.

ive seen Bamboozled, it is a good flick. I love Savion (i think thats his name)
    [/quote]

Uh huh  :|  It might do you some good to realize you are perpetuating it with that line and personally, as a mother of a bi-racial child, I am offended.
    It's rampant within races as well and you know it.  If it is really repugnant to you, then you cannot pick and choose, it's all or nothing.

shiki

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6749.msg310974#msg310974 date=1177361866]
    Uh huh  :|  It might do you some good to realize you are perpetuating it with that line and personally, as a mother of a bi-racial child, I am offended.
    It's rampant within races as well and you know it.  If it is really repugnant to you, then you cannot pick and choose, it's all or nothing.
    [/quote]

which line are you refering to? im sorry if you are offended by my opinion. i guess it isn't PC enough. why is it the only thing you have to offer on a race discussion is white people got it so bad, so who cares about discrimination against non-whites? that dosn't make any sense to me. and you can think what you want about me. you don't know me.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg311007#msg311007 date=1177362690]

which line are you refering to? im sorry if you are offended by my opinion. i guess it isn't PC enough. why is it the only thing you have to offer on a race discussion is white people got it so bad, so who cares about discrimination against non-whites? that dosn't make any sense to me. and you can think what you want about me. you don't know me.
    [/quote]

Is that what I said?  No, I said that racism is racism, flat out.  If it's wrong for one it's wrong for all.  You shot back with a smart ass answer thinking you know me which clearly you do not.  Enough with your "not PC enough" bullshit when you hit that report key more than anyone complaining about what people post around here.

shiki

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6749.msg311016#msg311016 date=1177362940]
    Is that what I said?  No, I said that racism is racism, flat out.  If it's wrong for one it's wrong for all.  You shot back with a smart ass answer thinking you know me which clearly you do not.  Enough with your "not PC enough" bullshit when you hit that report key more than anyone complaining about what people post around here.
    [/quote]

yeah im sure that's the truth, a*actually im sure its bullshit* but who here could even verify. see how angry you are with your you think you know me thing, well that's how i feel. you dont know me. i never said rascism is ok. and if people can say something is PC or what ever i don't see why i cant say it either. Power trippin.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg311024#msg311024 date=1177363093]
    yeah im sure that's the truth, a*actually im sure its bullshit* but who here could even verify. see how angry you are with your you think you know me thing, well that's how i feel. you dont know me. i never said rascism is ok. and if people can say something is PC or what ever i don't see why i cant say it either. Power trippin.
    [/quote]

Considering that all 5 of us get the those e-mails, I'm afraid you are wrong.  I'm angry?  I said I was offended, they have different meanings.  No, I do not know you, nor do you know me, so?  We seemed to respect each other's opinion before, now it's a problem?  Whatever.  You can call people out and that's what, brave?  I do and it's power trippin'  Yeah right.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg310955#msg310955 date=1177361317]
    many white people in this country are benifiting from that white skin.
    [/quote]
    as do folks of all races - i do believe that two way street is named Affirmative Action. 

::uppity negro pokes her head in::

So.. yeahhhh... how bout that movie Crash?  That kinda sucked.  Am I right??!!
    Bisexual black female<br />in search of straight male<br />for love relationship<br />...long walks on the beach<br />...a good book in front of the fire<br />..and lots and lots of anal sex<br />--send photo--

shiki

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6749.msg311040#msg311040 date=1177363876]
    Considering that all 5 of us get the those e-mails, I'm afraid you are wrong.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm angry?&nbsp; I said I was offended, they have different meanings.&nbsp; No, I do not know you, nor do you know me, so?&nbsp; We seemed to respect each other's opinion before, now it's a problem?&nbsp; Whatever.&nbsp; You can call people out and that's what, brave?&nbsp; I do and it's power trippin'&nbsp; Yeah right.
    [/quote]

no its power trippin when you bring all my alleged report to moderator shit into it. especially since you encouraged us that if something is offensive we should report it

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6247.msg275994#msg275994 date=1175953814]
    It was a lame attempt at humor obviously.&nbsp; If you see any death thread titles that offend you or are questionable in the future, please utilize the &quot;report to moderator&quot; button.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

[quote author=death roe link=topic=6247.msg276002#msg276002 date=1175954559]
    You know I'm not sure that my lack of being impressed as to how a thread is titled is grounds for considering it questionable or to bother someone by reporting it. I was under the impression that you guys are inundated with 'reports' and complaints about things and members.

Aren't the threads suppose to match the article title exactly? (nothing personal ML) I would assume a moderator or administrator has seen this thread and probably posted in it by now. I guess I don't clearly understand the forum etiquette and don't know when people here would accept a suggestion or complaint with appreciation or with public criticism.

RIP Christina
    [/quote]

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=6247.msg276018#msg276018 date=1175956669]
    Reporting it is not a burden, we rely on members for input.&nbsp; Yes I saw it, no I personally did not appreciate it.&nbsp; Considering how heavy handed I am perceived to be, I can see where you would think I would have changed it.&nbsp; Actually I prefer some consensus, whether it's from members or other mods, whenever possible.
    [/quote]

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6247.msg276099#msg276099 date=1175963088]
    yep. ive been blasted many times for calling something out that i thought was offensive. if i reported everything i saw as offensive you guys would band me for sure.&nbsp; Im offended by somethings that people say but i feel like they are entitled to their opinion...so I don't report it. I would think that the mods would be more proactive in changing thread titles that they found offensive, since it wasn't changed who am i to complain? Theres many a shitty named thread out there.

Im guilty of making offhand comments but honestly I try not to. To me when children die its basically impossible to find the humor in that. But i realize that im coming from a different place than many of the posters on here. I mean i really don't understand this whole emo thing. We didn't have this emo shit 20 years ago but we still had all the teen angst and all that bullshit. I mean we had the Cure and what not...why does every depressed kid gotta be emo? Prolly as a mother with a young teenager when i read these stories i am not laughing.&nbsp;

I just think that its kind of hypocritical to talk shit about the dead and then flip the script when a relative or friend or loved one comes on. IMOHO

[/quote]

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=6749.msg311050#msg311050 date=1177364351]
    as do folks of all races - i do believe that two way street is named Affirmative Action.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Which, btw, is more likely to benefit white women more than any other group of people.&nbsp;

And affirmative action doesn't really help when I'm accused of a crime and the jury is stacked with 12 of my so-called &quot;peers,&quot; none of whom look a damn thing like me.&nbsp; Affirmative action doesn't help when I go into a store and one of the women who works there not-so-discreetly positions herself to follow my every move, and completely ignores me when I call her out on it.&nbsp; Affirmative action doesn't help me when a cop makes a u-turn to follow me.&nbsp;

Personally, I don't completely agree with the execution of the concept of affirmative action, but I agree with the goal.&nbsp;
    Bisexual black female<br />in search of straight male<br />for love relationship<br />...long walks on the beach<br />...a good book in front of the fire<br />..and lots and lots of anal sex<br />--send photo--

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg310971#msg310971 date=1177361730]

[/quote]

I think you were confused about the % thing? &nbsp;Well our state demands us to use a percentage of minority drivers (hired out, not our own employees) &nbsp;It gets my panties in a bunch cause whether they are educated, or have the equipment or are even qualified for the job the state FORCES us to use them &nbsp;If they aren't educated enough to bill us for their work, the state requires us to actually help them bill us! &nbsp;Even though we have our own fleet of trucks...we have to send our guys home and park our own trucks. &nbsp;We used a Native American minority and honest to God, the state called and asked why we chose THAT minority versus one of a different race. &nbsp;I don't understand why whomoever is best suited for the job, why they can't do it? &nbsp;I don't care if they are plaid or rainbow.

shiki

[quote author=SuzySteamboat link=topic=6749.msg311104#msg311104 date=1177365906]
    Which, btw, is more likely to benefit white women more than any other group of people.&nbsp;

And affirmative action doesn't really help when I'm accused of a crime and the jury is stacked with 12 of my so-called &quot;peers,&quot; none of whom look a damn thing like me.&nbsp; Affirmative action doesn't help when I go into a store and one of the women who works there not-so-discreetly positions herself to follow my every move, and completely ignores me when I call her out on it.&nbsp; Affirmative action doesn't help me when a cop makes a u-turn to follow me.&nbsp;

Personally, I don't completely agree with the execution of the concept of affirmative action, but I agree with the goal.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

i don't agree with affirmative action either. it just makes things worse cuz then you have to listen to how bad it is for the traditionally privelged and how the only reason you were hired, got into the school has nothing to do with your skillz/intelligence but the color of your skin and whether your bootie bits are innie or outie.

In my opinion, affirmative action is insulting.

It's like the govt. saying &quot;Here, you sweet wittle woman.&nbsp; You obviously are too frail or stupid to do anything on your own, so we'll be nice and give you a hand up.&quot;

Affirmative action, by definition is sexist and racist, though, I do understand that it was essential at one point - but I think it should be scaled back now.

shiki

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=6749.msg311111#msg311111 date=1177366060]
    I think you were confused about the % thing? &nbsp;Well our state demands us to use a percentage of minority drivers (hired out, not our own employees) &nbsp;It gets my panties in a bunch cause whether they are educated, or have the equipment or are even qualified for the job the state FORCES us to use them &nbsp;If they aren't educated enough to bill us for their work, the state requires us to actually help them bill us! &nbsp;Even though we have our own fleet of trucks...we have to send our guys home and park our own trucks. &nbsp;We used a Native American minority and honest to God, the state called and asked why we chose THAT minority versus one of a different race. &nbsp;I don't understand why whomoever is best suited for the job, why they can't do it? &nbsp;I don't care if they are plaid or rainbow.
    [/quote]

i think these kind of laws just makes shit worse and antagonizes people. that seems like an idiotic law.

[quote author=SuzySteamboat link=topic=6749.msg311104#msg311104 date=1177365906]

[/quote]

NO it does not benefit the white woman more than any other group of people. I've worked in the human resource of several large corporations and it does the exact opposite.&nbsp; The goal might at one time been a good Idea, I agree but giving people jobs who are not qualified based on their race or sex is complete bs and does not put the best person in the job.

shiki

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6749.msg311119#msg311119 date=1177366219]
    NO it does not benefit the white woman more than any other group of people. I've worked in the human resource of several large corporations and it does the exact opposite.&nbsp; The goal might at one time been a good Idea, I agree but giving people jobs who are not qualified based on their race or sex is complete bs and does not put the best person in the job.
    [/quote]

affirmative action just puts a fuckin pinky bandage on a gaping wound. If more colords were to recieve an equal education they would be in the position to compete for those jobs without affirmative action. Close the socio-econimic gap.

Great post, thanks red! Really interesting.

As an aside, I have NEVER in my life felt energized after eating pancakes!

I found a little black kitten last summer and my friend suggest I name him Sambo.&nbsp; :| My man wanted to name him Rastus (he just thought it sounded good) until my mom told us that was an old racial slur too. Turns out that Rastus was the name of the guy from the Cream of Wheat box and was used as a generic term to refer to all black men at one point. Kind of like calling someone Boy, I guess.

We named the cat Boo. (I had just watched To Kill A Mockingbird.)

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg311118#msg311118 date=1177366173]
    i think these kind of laws just makes shit worse and antagonizes people. that seems like an idiotic law.
    [/quote]

I totally agree.&nbsp; I wish people could just see people as PEOPLE you know?&nbsp; Not orientation, color, or gender!

SOAD

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6749.msg311119#msg311119 date=1177366219]
    [/quote]

In the UK the police force are having to give black people jobs over white applicants even if they are not as qualified coz they have to meet quotas, the government tells them they have to hire &quot;x&quot; amount of coloured people per year so they dont get percieved as racist.....talk about political correctness gone mad.....now to me thats totally wrong, it should be about best man for the job

it was all started by the poor handling of the stephen lawrence case (black guy murdered by 5 white thugs)

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg311127#msg311127 date=1177366471]
    affirmative action just puts a fuckin pinky bandage on a gaping wound. If more colords were to recieve an equal education they would be in the position to compete for those jobs without affirmative action. Close the socio-econimic gap.
    [/quote]

In this day and age I do not agree that Black, Asian or any other minority is not given the opportunity to get a higher education.&nbsp; I'm not pulling this out of my ass either.&nbsp; Schools are much more willing to help out what is considered a racial minority than what you consider a privileged person. I think that it is ridiculous to consider all white kids privileged based on their race and demographics. And use that as an example that other races aren't getting an education. It's called hard work and applying yourself to move up in the world. There are many outlets Minority children can use to help get them through college. There are a gazillion grants, scholarships and programs that are waiting to help. And if all else fails ::gasp:: student loans. Maybe you don't realize that not all white kids parents pay for their collge. Did you know that at Pepperdine 75% of the students are on some kind of financial aid and 95% @ occidental. Yeah 50,000 a year is alot for even white people. So Shiki your statement is completely unfounded!

shiki

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6749.msg311166#msg311166 date=1177367503]
    In this day and age I do not agree that Black, Asian or any other minority is not given the opportunity to get a higher education.&nbsp; I'm not pulling this out of my ass either.&nbsp; Schools are much more willing to help out what is considered a racial minority than what you consider a privileged person. I think that it is ridiculous to consider all white kids privileged based on their race and demographics. And use that as an example that other races aren't getting an education. It's called hard work and applying yourself to move up in the world. There are many outlets Minority children can use to help get them through college. There are a gazillion grants, scholarships and programs that are waiting to help. And if all else fails ::gasp:: student loans. Maybe you don't realize that not all white kids parents pay for their collge. Did you know that at Pepperdine 75% of the students are on some kind of financial aid and 95% @ occidental. Yeah 50,000 a year is alot for even white people. So Shiki your statement is completely unfounded!
    [/quote]

im not talking about higher education. sorry if you wasted your time trying to prove me wrong. Im talking about school before it gets to that point. but thanks for your efforts.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=6749.msg311171#msg311171 date=1177367685]
    im not talking about higher education. sorry if you wasted your time trying to prove me wrong. Im talking about school before it gets to that point. but thanks for your efforts.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Only1Lf link=topic=6749.msg311175#msg311175 date=1177367825]

[/quote]

Yeah exactly.

Not even gonna waste my time with this because obviously, it isn't worth it. Just like in High school I took my privileged ass down to an inner city school and helped students learn to read. I witnessed teachers being lazy and 5th graders not knowing how to read Dr. Suess. Hmm yet these teachers were educated and paid the same as white/asian/ polka dotted teachers. And then the parents aren't involved either. Nope just as long as you pass them. Hmm. If you don't care about your childs education you are not going to produce a productive child I don't care what your living situation is. You can not blame this on white people Shiki, that is utter bullshit.

shiki

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=6749.msg311166#msg311166 date=1177367503]
    [/quote]

apparantly education passed you by. i mean grades 1-12 sorry if you couldn't figure that out on your own. I don't think that all white kids are priveledged please quote the post where i said that.&nbsp; maybe you should educate yourself a little more before trying to school someone.

I don't know about our toasted friend but I was asking more about your views on how minorities are left out in our public education system. I understood grades 1-12.

Thread Information