Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: That's Racist!!!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: That's Racist!!!

[quote author=tmars78 link=topic=6749.msg381070#msg381070 date=1180200686]

I am getting ready to go outside and enjoy the hot.  Beer drinking in the sun??? Shit I might be a redneck.
    [/quote]I might be headed to Philly a weekend for my b'day (June 25th) with some of my people, so I'll keep you posted.
    I was thinking about Vegas, or DR, but funds are limited, and I haven't been there for almost a year.
    Well, for a weekend anyway.

I'd like to meet your old lady's co-workers.
    I might be bringing sand to the beach though, but my sand is pretty kewl.

Oh, and you're right about the time thing. We always set out watches to 'Philly time' when we're there.
    2 hours back. We usually head to a club at like 12-1, there we gotta go 10-11.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381082#msg381082 date=1180201136]
    I might be headed to Philly a weekend for my b'day (June 25th) with some of my people, so I'll keep you posted.
    I was thinking about Vegas, or DR, but funds are limited, and I haven't been there for almost a year.
    Well, for a weekend anyway.

I'd like to meet your old lady's co-workers.
    I might be bringing sand to the beach though, but my sand is pretty kewl.

Oh, and you're right about the time thing. We always set out watches to 'Philly time' when we're there.
    2 hours back. We usually head to a club at like 12-1, there we gotta go 10-11.

[/quote]

Dude you suck, I think I might be in OCMD that weekend.  But if I don't go to the beach, and you don't bring the sand, I will be more than happy to introduce ya to her co-workers, I don't see that being a problem.  She is cool, actually I have to call her soon, she has the night off, and that is a god thing. 

[quote author=tmars78 link=topic=6749.msg381084#msg381084 date=1180201345]
    Dude you suck, I think I might be in OCMD that weekend.  But if I don't go to the beach, and you don't bring the sand, I will be more than happy to introduce ya to her co-workers, I don't see that being a problem.  She is cool, actually I have to call her soon, she has the night off, and that is a god thing.  
    [/quote]You guys going to church? :oops:

I dunno if it'll be that weekend or what yet. And if I bring the sand, she'll wanna go to the club too.
    Trust me. Good times.
    OCMD? Ocean City Maryland?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381104#msg381104 date=1180202126]
    You guys going to church? :oops:

I dunno if it'll be that weekend or what yet. And if I bring the sand, she'll wanna go to the club too.
    Trust me. Good times.
    OCMD? Ocean City Maryland?
    [/quote]

Yeah, church where the pastor is disguised as a bartender.  If she wants to go to the club that is even better.  And yes, Ocean City, Maryland.  I love it there. 

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=6749.msg380589#msg380589 date=1180162658]
    i'm sorry MBS, but in america, your struggles ARE less than a black person's. they deal with a 400 year history of oppression, hatred, and subjugation which you do not. this subjugation continutes to affect their social and economic status today. it's naive and kind of sad if you can't recognize this.
    [/quote]

I don't think that it doesn't have an effect, I believe it does, yet I fail to see the "benefits" being white affords me. I fail to see where it benefited my dad who busted his ass since his was 16 to get a better life. I have to work hard and persevere like any other man, black or white.

Now I'm not naive to think that blacks are on par with per capita income with whites, or that racial biases aren't still prevalent in America today, I've just never seen one of the supposed benefits being white affords me. It's not naivete, I've just never seen them. I've been lower-middle class all of my life. When I was a kid, my family had to sacrifice to make ends meet. My dad supported himself and us after the divorce. We had to live on potatoes and milk for days on end cause we were all struggling. I've gone to friend's house's and eaten dinner there cause we didn't have enough at the time. I've been on food stamps. When the hell were my benefits then?

I'm not trying to say that I'm a victim, or that the tragedy of our country's history was exaggerated or didn't happen at all. What I am saying is that in 2006, while there is still some work to be done, minorities and their rights have come along way. And one of the best ways, IMO to bring us closer to social, cultural, and economic equality is to eliminate business and academic policies that promote advancement based on race. The safeguards under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act keep racism from being instituted as policy. The law is so plain and simple when it comes to that.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=6749.msg380609#msg380609 date=1180163247]

When we are born, we're born into a pre-existing racial hierarchy that is set to put whites on top and all other races below. Whether or not you know and accept this, it happens and as a white male in American society, Mr. Blue Sky along with others will never know this personally and can sit comfortably knowing that they will never have to experience it or live through it. As a white person, they can set themselves up to avoid situations where one may feel discomfort. It is an unearned privilege.
    [/quote]

What uncomfortable situations? Like being assaulted and chased out of a school? Like being laughed at when you claim and take pride in your Mexican heritage and are told you aren't really Mexican? No, never experienced that.

But I guess since I'm predominantly white, I have it coming.

And I've never understood that. I've done NOTHING to any minority group. I've never engaged in hateful acts or crimes against anyone. Yet, if something is done to me that, if the roles were reversed, would get me beat up and chastised, I should suck it up because I'm white, and I've had it good.

Well that's bullshit. I refuse to plead guilty to things I've never participated in or benefited from. And until these benefits start showing up, if they ever do, I never will.

And people may mistake my point of view as being too sensitive or trying to play a victim. My point of view, one of the pillars of my argument is on principle. If it's wrong, it should be fought against, and not because of one group's history alone, but because it's wrong. Period.

Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

I just keep thinking that if we ban the phrase n*gger guy once and for all, this will be done with.

Hey Bluesky......Stay on topic douche.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381135#msg381135 date=1180203544]
    Hey Bluesky......Stay on topic douche.
    [/quote]

Well, it's a pretty broad topic but I apologize for running tangents up in this bitch. Just tryin to respond to comments on teh interwebs.

Ron. I guess you have the juice now. :lol:
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=6749.msg381139#msg381139 date=1180203940]
    Well, it's a pretty broad topic but I apologize for running tangents up in this bitch. Just tryin to respond to comments on teh interwebs.

Ron. I guess you have the juice now. :lol:
    [/quote]
    Another case of a black man silencing the white man's voice.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=6749.msg381141#msg381141 date=1180204013]
    Another case of a black man silencing the white man's voice.
    [/quote]

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!111one.

I hear what you're saying though Bluesky.
    A lot of White folks are broke, and keep hearing about all this privilage they're supposed to have.
    I know a few people that keep looking in the mailbox for their 'White guy check' but it never comes.

The [s]Klan[/s] White Nationalist Movement uses the similar tactics for recruitment.
    They tell kids that Black folks are taking all the good jobs, and get special treatment.
    Look at how Shaq is living while you're broke.
    And if you go to Kinkos and apply for the same job as a n!gger, they'll hire the n!gger first just cause he's a n!gger.
    It's so fuckin ridiculious.

I think the one thing that a White guy doesn't experience is the casual racism.
    Like the woman grabbing her purse a little bit tighter when I get on the elevator.
    Or people thinking 'there's another loud Black guy' when I'm arguing with customer service about not exchanging my new phone.
    There's just a little something that most people carry with them whether they realize it or not.
    The best example I ever heard was the 'Black plummer' theory.
    If you hire a plummer, and it's a White guy that shows up, and does a bad job. You're like fuck, this guy sucks, I need a new plummer.
    If you hire a plummer, and a Black guy shows up, and fucks the job up, you're NOT gonna get another Black plummer.
    Sucks, but it's true.
    r

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381153#msg381153 date=1180205221]

Like the woman grabbing her purse a little bit tighter when I get on the elevator.
    Or people thinking 'there's another loud Black guy' when I'm arguing with customer service about not exchanging my new phone.
    There's just a little something that most people carry with them whether they realize it or not.
    If you hire a plummer, and it's a White guy that shows up, and does a bad job. You're like fuck, this guy sucks, I need a new plummer.
    If you hire a plummer, and a Black guy shows up, and fucks the job up, you're NOT gonna get another Black plummer.
    Sucks, but it's true.
    r
    [/quote]

But Ron, I hear once you go black, you never go back.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=6749.msg381159#msg381159 date=1180205400]
    [/quote]Touché.
    Could I give you a ride to 'Chocolate City' Legs?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381168#msg381168 date=1180205756]
    Touché.
    Could I give you a ride to 'Chocolate City' Legs?
    [/quote]

I'm a bridesmaid in NYC in September.  Meet me at the hen party, I'll be dressed like this:

A lot of White folks are broke, and keep hearing about all this privilage they're supposed to have.
    I know a few people that keep looking in the mailbox for their 'White guy check' but it never comes.

The [s]Klan[/s] White Nationalist Movement uses the similar tactics for recruitment.
    They tell kids that Black folks are taking all the good jobs, and get special treatment.
    And if you go to Kinkos and apply for the same job as a n!gger, they'll hire the n!gger first just cause he's a n!gger.

Sucks, but it's true.

[/quote]

You make great points, the racism any of us experience is varied, and has many different effects. Many different branches of teh same evil root.

The points you make, and the way you make them is why you've got the juice!

Mind you, I am pretty pissed about Shaq. I'm better than his is. And we all know white men can't jump. I don't care what Dirk Nowitzki says. :lol:

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=6749.msg381159#msg381159 date=1180205400]
    [/quote]

:lol:

Sucks, but it's true.
    r
    [/quote]
    DAm
    I dont generally weigh in on topics like this, because Im not fabulous at being able to articulate myself, but I had to say that was probably one of the best "explanations" behind some of the racist behaviors and attitudes Ive seen. I really want to copy and save that for the next time someone makes a dickhole remark and I m left sputtering like a jackass. +1 Mr Ron
    (And for anyone who starts the "bleh bleh bleh popularity/suck up bullshit, 
    I aint in the mood, and it really undermines what you're saying if you have to resort to fourth grade "You just agree cause you like him better" crap)
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Sucks, but it's true.
    r
    [/quote]

I'm kinda guilty of doing that when it comes to Polish people. But they do suck in general though. They've made it so most countries in Europe can come to other countries and work just like that, so since Poland is a really poor country, they come to Norway and they're really cheap to hire, kinda like Mexicans for the U.S. But they have no clue what they're doing, they have never been thought what to do, and everything they "fix" breaks within a day or two. I'm sure there are some great Polish handymens, but I would much rather hire a more expensive Norwegian person. 

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=6749.msg381228#msg381228 date=1180208856]
    I'm kinda guilty of doing that when it comes to Polish people. But they do suck in general though. They've made it so most countries in Europe can come to other countries and work just like that, so since Poland is a really poor country, they come to Norway and they're really cheap to hire, kinda like Mexicans for the U.S. But they have no clue what they're doing, they have never been thought what to do, and everything they "fix" breaks within a day or two. I'm sure there are some great Polish handymens, but I would much rather hire a more expensive Norwegian person. 
    [/quote]
    I'm sorry, but white-on-white racism really cracks me up.
    I remember the first time I ever heard about it, I was a kid, and it was an Italian/Irish brawl in Boston.
    I was like they're both white, who gives a shit?
    Do they ask each other "what are you?" and punch them if they get the wrong answer.
    I was a retarded kid.
    Nah, actually I still can't tell you guys apart. :lol:
    Except for Delta, he's dreamy.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg380954#msg380954 date=1180195459]

I hate Africans. Dumb bunnies.
    [/quote]

Ya, I don't get this same-race racism either!! ;P

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381240#msg381240 date=1180210236]
    [/quote]

:?

Anyway, I don't know if what I'm saying is relevant or not, but I'm going to put it in anyway. I'm Asian and was born and brought up in the UK. I am westernized and 'think' the way British people does. I dislike China, and the people there. I don't date Asian guys, I find them boring and bland with nothing in common, I prefer guys whose culture differs from me. Just do.

When there is an Olympics or Football World Cup, I 100% support Great Britain/England and not China, actually I want them to totally flop. Yeah people think I'm crazy, they say, 'Why don't you support the country where your parents come from?'. Well just because I 'am' Asian doesn't mean I 'have' to support my mother's country in whatever they do.

Er I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, I guess I'm Asian disliking the country where my parents come from and my culture. I'm not Buddhish, I'm an atheist, and I'd rather die if I am a Buddhish, because I don't believe in it 'at all'.

I make 'remarks' about my mother's country, but get pissed when they say it to me.

Sometimes I 'forget' that I'm Asian due to my 'ways', as it is not 'traditional'.

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=6749.msg381249#msg381249 date=1180210835]
    [/quote]
    But I don't hate them cause they're Black, I hate em cause I hate that godforsaken continent and all the people on it.
    See, that's not racist! I'm the most Liberal guy in the world!
    Some of my best friends are Black.
    Damn, actually that's a lie :lol:

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=6749.msg381259#msg381259 date=1180211281]
    :?

Anyway, I don't know if what I'm saying is relevant or not, but I'm going to put it in anyway. I'm Asian and was born and brought up in the UK. I am westernized and 'think' the way British people does. I dislike China, and the people there. I don't date Asian guys, I find them boring and bland with nothing in common, I prefer guys whose culture differs from me. Just do.

When there is an Olympics or Football World Cup, I 100% support Great Britain/England and not China, actually I want them to totally flop. Yeah people think I'm crazy, they say, 'Why don't you support the country where your parents come from?'. Well just because I 'am' Asian doesn't mean I 'have' to support my mother's country in whatever they do.

Er I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, I guess I'm Asian disliking the country where my parents come from and my culture. I'm not Buddhish, I'm an atheist, and I'd rather die if I am a Buddhish, because I don't believe in it 'at all'.

I make 'remarks' about my mother's country, but get pissed when they say it to me.

Sometimes I 'forget' that I'm Asian due to my 'ways', as it is not 'traditional'.

[/quote]

you forgot to mention the most important part, they have little penises.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=6749.msg381278#msg381278 date=1180213290]
    you forgot to mention the most important part, they have little penises.
    [/quote]

Thanks for reminding me. +1

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=6749.msg381249#msg381249 date=1180210835]
    [/quote]

I do, only because of the reason that I have had white people be racist towards me.  White people that are "better off" look down on white people like me, who have struggled and seem to be not as well "versed".  I have had white people tell me  that I am ignorant because of the way I speak and the way I dress.  It happens, and I have gotten used to it.  Ron mentioned earlier that white people grab there purses when they see him because of his color, it happens to me too, because of the image I convey.  I once walked by this elderly couple, who after seeing me decided it was better if their car doors were locked.  It hurt my feelings at the time, but unfortunately I have learned to deal with it.  Racism is not something we should have to deal with.  But in this country we have to, it's obviously not gonna change.  I wish it would, but it won't. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6749.msg381240#msg381240 date=1180210236]

I'm sorry, but white-on-white racism really cracks me up.
    I remember the first time I ever heard about it, I was a kid, and it was an Italian/Irish brawl in Boston.
    I was like they're both white, who gives a shit?
    Do they ask each other "what are you?" and punch them if they get the wrong answer.
    I was a retarded kid.
    Nah, actually I still can't tell you guys apart. :lol:
    [/quote]

But wait.  I hate wiggers.  If there was a Klan for that I'd be there.

Thread Information