Thread: Orla Baxendale (25) died from anaphylactic shock after eating mislabeled cookies that contained peanuts

Orla Baxendale (25) died from anaphylactic shock after eating mislabeled cookies that contained peanuts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stew-le...fter-man-dies/

Stew Leonard's is recalling some cookies after a person died.

The Vanilla Florentine cookies were made by an outside manufacturer and sold only at Stew Leonard's in Danbury and Newington, Connecticut, from Nov. 6 - Dec. 31, 2023.

The cookies contained peanuts, but that wasn't listed on the label.

?rla Baxendale, 25, a dancer, died of anaphylactic shock. It's believed she person consumed the cookies while at an event in Connecticut.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very sad and scary. I have a kiwi allergy and avoid it at all costs. One challenge with peanut allergies is there is so much cross contamination that occurs in the processing of foods as a whole.

Peanut allergies scare me. If I had one, I wouldnt eat anything.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So scary and so unnecessary. I wonder why she didn't have an epi pen ready? If her allergies were that sensitive, you would think that she would have one. Maybe she couldn't afford one.... Gotta love American Greed

Very unfair. I hope that the family gets a boatload off of them. It doesn't bring her back, but it would probably help in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Very sad and scary. I have a kiwi allergy and avoid it at all costs. One challenge with peanut allergies is there is so much cross contamination that occurs in the processing of foods as a whole.
    Yep, makes me glad I am not allergic to peanuts (even though I hate them lol). Thankfully I am not allergic to anything....that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yep, makes me glad I am not allergic to peanuts (even though I hate them lol). Thankfully I am not allergic to anything....that I know of.
    Im allergic to Augmentin which is a go-to for cat bites. Ive taken it more than once and barfed for an hour until I could taste the pill again.

I should add I thought I was just sick the first time. This wasnt normal, but exorcist vomiting.

I feel bad for people with nut allergies, they have to be very careful.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-25-2024 at 09:23 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Absolute negligence by Stew Leonard's. They should be held responsible and have the book thrown at them. According to the news the company had been notified of the labeling change and did not comply right away.

Quote Originally Posted by castletonking View Post
    Absolute negligence by Stew Leonard's. They should be held responsible and have the book thrown at them. According to the news the company had been notified of the labeling change and did not comply right away.
    If this is true, and they knew but didnt change the label, I hope they are sued into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by castletonking View Post
    Agree. They should be held accountable, especially if they were noncompliant.

Thread Information