Thread: Haruka Weiser (18) UT student killed by homeless man, Meechaiel Criner (17).

Haruka Weiser (18) UT student killed by homeless man, Meechaiel Criner (17).

http://www.people.com/people/article...999190,00.html

allegations against Meechaiel Criner claims surveillance footage shows the 17-year-old suspect pulling a "shiny, rigid object" from his back pocket as he allegedly follows University of Texas ballet student Haruka Weiser across a bridge on the Austin campus Sunday night.

Weiser, an 18-year-old from Portland, Oregon, was found in a creek on Tuesday. Criner, who is homeless, has been charged with first degree murder, according to the affidavit. Bail has been set at $1 million.

Police say that in her final moments, Weiser used her iPhone to call her roommate Sunday, telling her that she was "on the way" back to their dorm room at around 9:30 p.m. The following morning when she didn't show up for classes, Weiser was reported missing to the Austin Police Department.

Weiser's roommates told police she had left their room carrying a blue duffel bag and wearing long-sleeved mock turtleneck, black stretch pants, and brown Doc Marten boots, according to the affidavit.

The bag, the affidavit notes, contained her laptop computer, her phone, an extra jacket and school supplies.

On Tuesday, Weiser's body was found and she was officially pronounced dead. An autopsy later confirmed the suspicions of investigators, who maintained the student's death was a homicide.

The affidavit claims detectives pored over hours of surveillance footage and found video that showed Criner near the crime scene.

In the video, Criner is allegedly seen following the female across the bridge and out of the frame. "The suspect is not seen again until 11:47 p.m.," according to the affidavit, when he appears to be walking back with the same bike, but limping. The footage also shows him carrying a bag matching Weiser's.

On Monday, police responded to a report of a trash fire in an abandoned building and determined Criner had started it.

The affidavit says police recovered a pink bicycle from the abandoned building, as well as a blue duffel bag. After the fire was extinguished, detectives allegedly found a burned notebook, a black jacket, and a Doc Marten boot in the ashes.

According to the affidavit, "biological matter" was collected from the scene where Weiser's body was found.

Texas Department of Family and Protective Services spokeswoman Julie Moody tells PEOPLE that Criner "is in the care of Child Protective Services," and, citing the state's confidentiality laws, refused to discuss the circumstances of his case, including how long he'd been a ward of the government.

"This is a serious criminal matter," Moody explains. "Therefore, I would direct most of your questions to law enforcement."

Police: Suspect's Motivation Unknown
    Police claim they still don't know what motivated Criner's alleged actions.

At a candlelight vigil honoring Weiser Thursday evening, the iconic Tower on campus was darkened in her honor, according to a tweet sent out by the school.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 04-08-2016 at 05:53 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/haruka...facebook-page/

This is truly a heartbreaking case of loss of human life. Haruka had so many great aspirations. I always wonder why God allows me to live another day and allows this young person to die a horrible death and lost her great contributions and kindness to the earth humanity.
    Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

I cannot imagine what her patents must be feeling right now. She lived on campus. You think your kid is safe. RIP Haruka

They keep saying someone had called in a fire the suspect started on Monday being the same person that help police figure out he was the one who murdered Haruka. They haven't said who, but said it'll be revealed later. I don't understand what the big deal is and why the news are making it seem like it's really important. I guess I'll find out in a few minutes on the news.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Beautiful girl comes to Texas to be murdered by homeless asshole for no good goddamn reason.

These poor parents, to be so far away, not knowing where their daughter was the whole time she was missing, only to have their worst nightmare realized when the police find her body.

Piece of shit.

A beautiful smile, a promising life...her flame extinguished before it could truly shine.

I fucking hate people right now. What kind of fucking monster does this horrific shit?

Rest in Peace, Haruka. My heart goes out to your family and friends. All you wanted was to get an education at a good school...to live, and learn, and maybe even make a better world when you were through. And now others are left to carry on your memory, and do so in your honor.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Haruka Weiser and Meechaiel Criner lived divergent lives
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...haiel_cri.html

She attended Arts and Communications Magnet Academy in Beaverton, and also performed with the Beaverton Dance West Troupe, Portland Ballet and Oregon Symphony.

From the link I posted above it says the firemen are the ones who made the connection. Police released the video of Weiser walking with her bike and the fire dept recognised him as the one who started a fire.

From the article, it also sounds like she may have been raped. It also sounds like somebody has already started the whole "he was a very troubled kid with a fucked up life" defense.

Tragic convergence of events that led to the meeting of these two people, and subsequently to the death of a promising young woman. It seems like so many MDS entries are from Texas (where I live), especially suicides - so sad.

Why is the guy just called "homeless man" in the title? He's homeless, not nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This is truly a heartbreaking case of loss of human life. Haruka had so many great aspirations. I always wonder why God allows me to live another day and allows this young person to die a horrible death and lost her great contributions and kindness to the earth humanity.
    I'm God and I quite like you. African babies and Robin Williams, not so much. I'm just playing... there is no God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    I'm God and I quite like you. African babies and Robin Williams, not so much. I'm just playing... there is no God.
    Meant to say "there is likely no God". Either way aroud these parts Trump is a billionaire and nurses fatally OD. Such a mess of a rock.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ody-creek.html

The University of Texas freshman who was found murdered on campus last week, was sexually assaulted before being strangled to death, sources say.

Ugh, it just gets worse. Poor thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by maudlin View Post
    Tragic convergence of events that led to the meeting of these two people, and subsequently to the death of a promising young woman. It seems like so many MDS entries are from Texas (where I live), especially suicides - so sad.
    Yep. Part of it is that we have the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's public access website as a source.

http://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/MEPublic/

(Not for this case specifically). I think it would be a real eye-opener if there was a similar site for somewhere like NYC or LA.

Also, welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

She looks like a beautiful, bright young girl with lots of talent. And I don't say this often but, this was a real loss.

I find it so impressive that people can actually stand on their toes like that. This guy is pure scum.

Haruka Weiser funeral service to be held April 23

BEAVERTON, Ore. – A funeral service for Haruka Weiser will be held Saturday, April 23, in Beaverton. It is open to the public.

Haruka went to school at the Arts & Communication Magnet Academy of Beaverton and was a student at the University of Texas when she was killed earlier this month.

Haruka's friends described her as “just the most beautiful person.”

“She was one of those rare friendships a lot of people don't get to have in their lifetime. She was such an amazing person and I'm lucky enough to have spent that amount of time with her,” Delphine Chang said.

The service will be held at 9 a.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Church on Southwest Walker Road. The church seats 900 people.

The Arts & Communication Magnet Academy plans to hold a public vigil for Haruka on Sunday, April 17, at 7:00 PM on the front lawn of the campus.

A scholarship fund was set up in her honor earlier this week.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/haruka...l-23/137744981
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Reports: Meechaiel Criner was abused by grandma as a child

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The family of the 17-year-old charged with murder in the death of a University of Texas at Austin student is coming to his defense.

Over the weekend, KTRK in Houston spoke with Meechaiel Criner’s sister, who asked for her name to be kept private, about her brother’s background and how she’s still trying to process how he could be linked to Haruka Weiser‘s murder.

Criner’s sister, who is a second-year law student, tells KTRK they had a tough upbringing. Criner, who never met his father, was the youngest of five children.

His family said he is mentally ill and has been getting psychiatric help since he was a young child. “He’s slow on a lot of things. It takes him longer to pick up than the average person, but he’s not slow enough to say I’m going to kill this person and take her purse and carry it with me,” Criner’s sister said to KTRK. “No one is that slow. Meechaiel is not that slow. Meechaiel is not that crazy to do that.”

In an article published in December 2014 by Texas High School in Texarkana, Criner said he was bullied his whole life and went through the foster care system as a child. In the story titled Voice of Hope, Criner said he was a victim of physical violence. He said one foster parent threw him to the ground and injured his back.

Criner’s sister said the siblings bounced between their grandmother’s care in Texarkana and Child Protective Services (CPS).

Mary Wadley, Criner’s maternal grandmother, spoke to KSLA from her home in Texarakana Friday. Wadley said she hadn’t heard from Criner in nearly a year and was worried he was the victim.

“I thought you were going to tell me that somebody done killed him that is what I thought,” said Wadley. Wadley went on to say her grandson did have a temper. “If you made him mad, he [would] snap, his temper snap real fast and even the school know about it, they tried to work with him too to make sure the other kids didn’t bother him.”

While Wadley painted one picture in her interview with KSLA, court records from the past several years indicate a sordid history of child abuse claims. Wadley was granted permanent managing conservator of Criner and his sister in March 2002, when authorities couldn’t locate their parents.

In an affidavit, the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) was called to Wadley’s home to investigate physical abuse of Criner in May 2009. The report alleged Criner, who was 10 years old at the time, was hit across the face with a belt by his grandmother. Wadley admitted to spanking Criner but says the belt incident was an accident. When interviewed at the Children’s Advocacy Center, Criner said “he is physically disciplined by his grandmother” and his mom, Vivian Criner, was the person who took him to the hospital to get his eye examined.

In June 2009, the state removed Criner and his sister, along with her children, out of their grandmother’s care and into the foster care of their maternal aunt. Wadley agreed to adhere to anger management classes, psychological evaluation, parenting classes and counseling. According to police records, Wadley was arrested in August 2009 on an injury to a child charge for the May incident.

CPS History for Mary Wadley Allegation Status
    Dec. 1, 1998 Physical Abuse by Mary Wadley Ruled out and merged with another case
    Sept. 9, 1999 Physical Abuse of Meechaeil Criner by his mother, Vivian Criner Unable to be determined
    July 20, 2001 Physical Abuse of Meechaiel, his sister and her children by Vivian Criner Children were removed from Vivian’s care
    March 9, 2006 Physical Abuse of Meechaiel’s sister by Mary Wadley Unable to be determined
    Nov. 15, 2007 Neglectful supervision Ruled out
    Jan. 1, 2008 Unknown Closed at intake
    April 11, 2008 Neglectful supervision and Physical Abuse of Meechaiel’s sister by Mary Wadley Ruled out
    The DFPS confirms Criner was in the state’s foster care system and in August 2015 was enrolled at a Ellison High School in Killeen. Students and faculty say he walked out of the Ellision High at the end of March. He was reported missing to Killeen police on March 24. Texarkana police also confirm Criner ran away twice when he was in Texarkana, once in February 2015 and again in August of the same year.

While she is waiting for a chance to speak to her brother, Criner’s sister said she believes her brother did not commit the crime he is accused of doing. “My condolences go out to the Weiser family. I am greatly deeply sorry that this happened. I’m deeply sorry, but I assure you that my brother Meechaiel Criner did not do this.”

Criner is currently in the Travis County Jail charged with murder. His bond is set at $1 million.

http://kxan.com/2016/04/11/meechaiel...haruka-weiser/

It sounds like this boy was doomed since birth.

Grandma sounds like a huge piece of crap.
    In May 2009, CPS received a report that Wadley had hit 10-year-old Meechaiel in the face with a belt, leaving him with two black eyes. A CPS caseworker said Wadley admitted to spanking the boy and to accidentally hitting him in the face with a belt. Meechaiel’s “two eyes were observed to be swollen shut and also appeared red,” caseworker Raquel Martin wrote in a report.
    After CPS confirmed the allegation, another caseworker, Paige Formby, said Wadley became belligerent when informed she wouldn’t be allowed to have unsupervised contact of Meechaiel or his siblings. “Ms. Wadley stated, ‘Jesus is going to send the devil on Racquel (investigator),’” the report says. “She further stated, ‘Ain’t no demons/devil gonna tear down my reputation.’http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news...hronic-/nq5GG/

Here is the statement one of Mick's teachers wrote
    http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local...21106279-story
    Mick Criner, the student just arrested for murdering the UT student, was one of my students until a few days ago. He is extremely mentally ill but he was undiagnosed because he was bouncing around the foster child system. He was abused as a child and abused within the Texas foster care system. I don't know what help is available for Mick but he needs help. I had extensive conversations with him on an almost daily basis and he wrote about his past in some assignments in my class. Everyone is going to want to hang Mick but he is mentally ill and he wasn't being treated

this is an incredibly sad story all the way around. i hope he gets some help and i hope that Haruka's family finds support and some way to heal from this.

Cry me a fucking river... I had it tough as a kid, so did shitloads of other people who never raped and killed someone.
    Fuck him.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    Cry me a fucking river... I had it tough as a kid, so did shitloads of other people who never raped and killed someone.
    Fuck him.
    I hate to say this because I have a soft spot for the homeless and especially the homeless that are mentally ill, but I agree here. In this instance, this guy knew the difference between right and wrong. Very torn over it. Just because I have sympathy for those suffering doesn't mean that I condone their actions in circumstances like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Good. I hope he stays in prison for the rest of his life.

Good. Fuck him.

So happy Haruka got some justice.

Thread Information