Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Man arrested in Kansas after Octopus is found in 2-year-old boy's throat

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Kan...397814911.html

A southern Kansas man who admitted to endangering a child after a 2-year-old boy in his care ended up with a small octopus lodged in his throat has been sentenced to two years of probation.

Thirty-seven-year-old Matthew Gallagher also was sentenced Thursday to a suspended one-year jail term. Gallagher pleaded guilty to a reduced count of child endangerment, as well as charges of battery and interference with law enforcement. All are misdemeanors.

The boy's mother told investigators she returned from work April 5 to find Gallagher performing CPR on her son at her Wichita home. A small octopus was found in the boy's throat. He was treated at a hospital.

Police say Gallagher told them he had been eating sushi and small octopuses when he fed one to the boy.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

I thought this sounded like it could be an overzealous prosecution, but there are other articles saying the poor kid had multiple facial injuries as well - I guess that could be related to attempts to remove it though?

I dunno what to think on this one? It could be force feeding abuse, but it could just be a momentary act of carelessness & attempts to save him

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...content_filter

Edit. Duh. Missed an entire first page in this thread. I've been posting so infrequently I may as well be a noob again

Anyway, this says the injuries etc didn't fit with his explanation HOWEVER if he's special needs that's understandable & he shouldn't have been interviewed without a carer or legal representation.

The whole thing sounds like bullshit & the people raving like an online lynch mob over this are fukking insane.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/nation-now/...ring/126210670

A two-year-old Kansas boy is recovering after he was taken to the hospital with an octopus lodged in his throat, police said Thursday.

The two-year-old’s mother told police she came home from work on Tuesday to find her boyfriend administering CPR to the child, according to Wichita Police Lt. James Espinoza.

The child, who was not breathing, was brought to the hospital where doctors removed the head of a small octopus.

Authorities said the octopus may have been intended for sushi, The Wichita Eagle reported.

Espinoza said the boyfriend, identified as Matthew Gallagher, was taken into police custody Wednesday on suspicion of child abuse after his story about how the boy swallowed the octopus and sustained minor facial injuries did not corroborate with the evidence.

Gallagher was released on bond Thursday, the Eagle reported.

Espinoza said the child abuse investigation is ongoing and that once the child recovers a detective will interview him about what happened.
    I guess they pressed charges on the evidence of a toddler
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-20-2016 at 08:20 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I thought this sounded like it could be an overzealous prosecution, but there are other articles saying the poor kid had multiple facial injuries as well - I guess that could be related to attempts to remove it though?

I dunno what to think on this one? It could be force feeding abuse, but it could just be a momentary act of carelessness & attempts to save him

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...content_filter
    People are out for blood with this guy. I stand by my original thoughts. I think this was an accident and the facial injuries were caused by trying to dislodge the octopus. It's easy to panic when a baby is choking. He was seriously idiotic to feed it to him whole like that, I'll say that. I figured the child got a hold of it by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Octipi are delicious! I'm Asian.
    I don't eat them while they're alive.
    I go to Super H in Atlanta sometimes.
    They have living turtles for sale. Gross!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    People are out for blood with this guy. I stand by my original thoughts. I think this was an accident and the facial injuries were caused by trying to dislodge the octopus. It's easy to panic when a baby is choking. He was seriously idiotic to feed it to him whole like that, I'll say that. I figured the child got a hold of it by mistake.
    I agree.
    Toddlers are notrious for putting any and everything in their mouths.
    Todddlers can move/snatch something at the speed of light.
    I can be cutting onions, bell peppers, and celery for supper and my grandson can grab, shove in mouth and be down the hallway before I can yell "no" lol

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Octipi are delicious! I'm Asian.
    I don't eat them while they're alive.
    I go to Super H in Atlanta sometimes.
    They have living turtles for sale. Gross!
    I love octopus too, and only dead as well lol. Yeah, no on the turtles.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Considering that even a whole grape is considered a choking risk for kids that young, it's entirely possible the octopus wasn't alive when he choked on it.

I was wondering about this story the other day and looked it up but couldn't find any new information

I guess, since he got probation, that unless he gets into enough trouble to attract media coverage, we probably won't hear of him again.

Well, not unless he, or someone else connected to the case finds this thread & decides to pay us a visit

Also, dishes made with baby octopus are pretty common in Australia & they are fucking delicious. This thread reminded me that I need to get me some asap

Thread Information