Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Bauer (19)- missing since 29 February 2016 after moving across the country

Morgan Bauer (19)- missing since 29 February 2016 after moving across the country

So she moved from South Dakota to Atlanta. Stayed for one night with a guy she met on CraigsList. Got booted from there and moved to a hotel. Got a job as a dancer/stripper. Holy baptism of fire into the real world.

https://www.facebook.com/morgan.bauer.92

https://www.facebook.com/groups/missingmorgan/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32909/0/

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...tlanta-n542596

A teen's big move across the country has now morphed into a terrifying mystery for her family. Morgan Bauer, 19, was last heard from on February 29, but has gone silent since. The teen had recently relocated to Atlanta from her hometown of Aberdeen, South Dakota.

"She wanted to be her own person, move to a big city and spread her wings," Sherri Sichmeller, Morgan's mother, told Dateline. "For her to go completely silent on all counts is not her."

The teen caught a ride from Aberdeen to Minnesota with a friend, and then hopped on a flight bound for Atlanta on February 12, according to Atlanta police. Morgan's mother says her daughter had arranged to stay with a man she met on Craigslist, offering to clean and do other chores in exchange for rent until she settled into a job.

"I didn't want her to really go to Atlanta. It was something that was really worrying me. But Morgan does everything 100%. She's a "go big" kind of girl," Sherri told Dateline.

Then things began going awry. Morgan was allegedly kicked out of her temporary home. Determined not to return to Aberdeen, the teen checked into a motel and did what she could for money.

Although Morgan had experience as a waitress, she turned to dancing at a local club for money, her mother says. Officials have been unable to confirm which clubs she may have worked at, but several of the businesses told Morgan's family that, while she had inquired about work, she did not have the correct paperwork at the time.

"She was really in survival mode, and that's what is scaring me," Sherri told Dateline. "Who doesn't want to make it at 19 and hasn't made a not so great choice? But for her to be off the radar like this is scary."

Morgan, who normally is very active on her social media accounts and is "always in contact with her best friend," suddenly went mute. The teen stopped replying to her family and friends, with the last activity on her Snapchat account the night she vanished. Her phone has since either died or been turned off.

Atlanta police are investigating, but have not commented regarding any leads that may have been phoned in. While officials say foul play is not suspected, authorities have echoed the family's idea that they just want to be sure Morgan is safe.

"She isn't in trouble. Just, please, if you have the ability to contact and reach someone, do it," said Sherri. "But I have this feeling maybe she doesn't have that opportunity because of whatever has happened to her."

Sherri and her husband have traveled to Atlanta to pound the pavement with flyers including Morgan's photo. Thousands have offered support and encouragement online. Morgan's story and image have reportedly reached hundreds of thousands of people, as well as been captured on the front page of Imgur. Members in the Facebook group 'Missing Morgan' have topped 5,500 as of Monday morning.

But with the attention that Sherri says the family is so very grateful for, there come, at times, harsh words and rumors. While Sherri says she wants to thank each and every person sharing Morgan's story and image, she has a message for those posting unkind words.

"This isn't a story about a girl who was 'asking for it,' or who 'should have known better.' This is about a girl who is missing and needs to come home safely," says Sherri. "It doesn't matter; she's worth everything and is so loved. We want to the focus to just be about Morgan and finding her."

Morgan Bauer is described as 5'6" tall, weighing 125 lbs. with long brown hair and blue eyes. If you have any information regarding Morgan's whereabouts, please contact the Atlanta Police Missing Person Unit at (404) 546-4235.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My phone sucks and all of a sudden won't let me copy links so I can't link it here, but the latest post on her best friend's FB claims that Morgan has been in contact with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

edited out some links

Lots of locals are saying this is all a scam
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/com...is_it_a_fraud/

Local comments on the police's facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/AberdeenPD/...type=3&theater
    There is a lot of stuff out there right now saying this is all a scam created by her mother. I hope this all gets straightened out soon.

And....here is the whole site that explains why this is all a scam

http://imgur.com/gallery/FDtrv

Last edited by bermstalker; 08-01-2016 at 11:49 AM.

There's def. plenty of drama in this story. Way more than I posted above.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-01-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Yeah, that is a lot of drama.

From her best friend's FB (her name is Taryn):

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS:

There is NO proof that Morgan is safe. But I believe in my heart she is after making some sort of contact with me. Once again, NO PROOF. But im doing something I dont do often and following my heart, and backing out of this.

Morgan doesnt want to make this easy for her mother and just walk in anywhere (I WISH SHE WOULD) She just wants her mother and family to look deep inside themselves and realize what they have done throughout her life. The way Morgan made it seem, it wasnt fun. All of her children claim the same thing, they HAVE to know what Mo means by coming out and being honest to the world.

If this is a big fat joke and someone was acting as her, then shame on me for being so gullible. jokes on me. god i fricken HOPE no one could ever be so low of a person. who the hell knows anymore i guess.

Morgan will never forget this past month of her life, and neither will I. I understand her reasoning for hiding out.

One thing is for sure, I have a much broader outlook on life and people after all this and im thanking God my eyes are open to it now. People are cruel.

Im done with this topic in hopes we'll meet again.
    I love you Mo.

"6 years, 4 months, 3 days @ 615pm. We will find eachother in a cafe in New Amsterdam"

"Ill visit you in lightning bolts, until we meet again"

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wonder what this means?

Taryn Ryan
    March 29 at 9:19am ?

"6 years, 4 months, and 3 days at 6:15 pm. We will find eachother in a cafe somewhere in New Amsterdam"
    --February 11th, 2016.

Until we meet again my friend.

Sara Kiernan: Amsterdam? ? Heeeyyyy I could use a cafe stop in Amsterdam lol
    March 29 at 9:37am

Taryn Ryan: just a thing we said before morgan took off.
    1 ? March 29 at 9:38am

Sara Kiernan: Awww
    March 29 at 9:38am

Taryn Ryan: kind of a joke...but not. lol
    1 ? March 29 at 9:38am

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rehab...ningbolts.html

Ill visit you in lightning bolts ....... is a lyric.

I'm sorry but the police reports you provided are NOT the correct Morgan Bauer

The police reports you posted are NOT the correct Morgan Bauer

Crap..sorry I did not mean to post twice

It's okay - thanks for letting us know...and welcome, Lynn. Do you know Morgan?

Hi and thank you...no I do not know her. I saw her story on facebook and have joined a group to help bring her home. I was searching the internet to see if anything new had posted and found her story here and noticed the police reports were not the correct Morgan

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Perry View Post
    Hi and thank you...no I do not know her. I saw her story on facebook and have joined a group to help bring her home. I was searching the internet to see if anything new had posted and found her story here and noticed the police reports were not the correct Morgan
    Welcome and thanks for correcting us on those police reports. I'm not sure she wants to come home. I don't know enough about her family relationships, but if it was abusive in some way I can understand why. Since she's an adult, she has the right to stay missing. I wish she would at least let the authorities know though. This way people stop worrying and trying to find her.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Reward money offered in Morgan Bauer case

June 23, 2016

http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Par...384208531.html

ABERDEEN - The mother of a missing Aberdeen teenager is teaming up with Atlanta's Crimestopper line to offer a $2000 reward for information that helps find her 20 year-old daughter Morgan Bauer.

Just the mention of Morgan's name brings Sherri to tears.

"I just try to continue going but it's very hard to figure out how to move forward and sometimes how to smile," says Sherri Sichmeller, Bauer's mother.

The tears are stemming from frustration. No one has seen or heard from Bauer since February when she left Aberdeen to start a new life in Atlanta.

Sherri traveled to Atlanta in March to search for her daughter but was forced to leave amid dwindling funds, without any results.

"Leaving her was very difficult because she always said I know if I ever get lost you'll find me because you're my mom," says Sichmeller.

Sherri returned to South Dakota care for her son and head back to work. But the lack of new information is troublesome.

There's also been a lot of drama online surrounding Morgan's case. People have took to Morgan's official missing person's page and began speculating whether or not she's really missing. The insensitive comments are so overwhelming, it forced Sherri to step back from monitoring the page.

"People were so hurtful and cruel," says Sichmeller. "The truth was very simple. Very simple. There is a 19 year old girl named Morgan Bauer from Aberdeen, South Dakota who went to Atlanta, Georgia who was last heard from on February 25. Very simple."

Sichmeller's private investigator TJ Ward says he is staying on the case along with the Atlanta police department and the FBI.

If you have any information about where Morgan Bauer might be, call Atlanta's Crimestopper's line, at 404-577-8477.
    Doesn't sound like a scam to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Can somebody compare the pictures of morgan against the arrest records and see if it's the same girl? I SUCK at comparing people.

If it's not the same Morgan, I'll remove the links and the link to that gossip site.

Thanks.

I don't think it is the same girl, Berm. Morgan has blue eyes and the one in the mugshots looks to have brown eyes (from what I can tell).

Wrong cat Berm, sorry.

Thanks.

I took the links out

Very interesting. I get the urge to want to step away from everything, but the fear, worry and chaos that ensues from doing it without letting anyone know is kinda shit. I hope she is out there, living a good life, but either way have to agree with that poster about just checking in so everyone can kind of deal and move forward as best they can. Otherwise the family is just left to assume the worst. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by aphaziak View Post
    Very interesting. I get the urge to want to step away from everything, but the fear, worry and chaos that ensues from doing it without letting anyone know is kinda shit. I hope she is out there, living a good life, but either way have to agree with that poster about just checking in so everyone can kind of deal and move forward as best they can. Otherwise the family is just left to assume the worst. Ugh.
    Agreed. Even if it's just one call to explain a little bit, or a text from her that no one else would understand...even if it were just to say "fuck you, family, you can't even admit that my mom is a crazy bitch" (if indeed that were true). Something. Just to let them know that she's still among the living and okay. Punishing everyone in your former life for the actions of one person is not ever okay.

Poor kid. Either way, I hope that she is okay and that maturity wins the day soon. Call your mom, just to say "I hate you/I love you/I never want to see you again...whatever. Ugh.

"Teenagers. Give them an inch, they swim all over you." - Sebastian "The Little Mermaid"
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Podcast about morgan and the internet trolls

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3...9c8053321e.mp3

I really get the feeling this girl is actually missing. I'd hope she'd have enough sense to contact the police and let them know she's okay but doesn't want her mom to know where she is.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...1-50907905d4ed

'This changes the entire timeline of events' | New evidence in case of woman missing from Atlanta

But her mother Sherri Keenan said investigators recently discovered Bauer last posted to social media on February 26, 2016, not the 25th as originally thought.

“This changes the entire timeline of events," she said. "It also changes the last person known to have seen Morgan. I contacted Morgan's detectives, they hadn't heard any different dates other than the 25th either.”

Full story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...walk-away.html

The FBI raided a home Thursday on the outskirts of Atlanta linked to missing teen Morgan Bauer, 19, who vanished in 2016 and was last seen in Instagram video posted at park just a ten minute walk away.

Officials said the search was prompted by new information sent to them but they could not reveal any additional details.

'The search warrant was obtained based on credible information and evidence gathered during the course of this investigation,' said Porterdale Police Sgt. Michael Walden in a press briefing about the development.

The raid included investigators from the Porterdale Police Department, Atlanta Police Department, Peoria, Illinois Police Department, Newton County Sheriff’s Office and Newton County District Attorney’s Office. Officials would not comment as to why members of an Illinois force were present.

Thread Information