Thread: Black Postman arrested in NYC while delivering packages

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Black Postman arrested in NYC while delivering packages

Black mail carrier handcuffed by NYPD while delivering packages, video shows

Glen Grays, a postal worker in Brooklyn, had his delivery route cut short on St. Patrick?s Day when he was handcuffed by four plainclothes police officers and placed in an unmarked car.

Cellphone video filmed by a bystander shows Grays in his postal service uniform, holding a package, when the officers approach him. The video doesn?t show what led up to the encounter.

The footage was released this week by Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams, who said Grays had been ?carrying out his normal duties? as a mail carrier when he got out of his truck and ?a vehicle passed by him, almost striking him.?

?He made comments to the vehicle, as any New Yorker would,? Adams said at a news conference Wednesday. ?The occupants of the vehicle stopped, backed up when he was crossing the street delivering the package.?

Those occupants were the four plainclothes officers who followed Grays to his delivery stop, according to Adams. The video shows the officers tell Gray to ?stop resisting.? They then take him away in handcuffs, leaving his mail truck unattended.

Yelling at the unmarked car about driving recklessly ?is the only action that Glen did that day that caused those plainclothes officers to stop their vehicle and to show who?s the biggest and the baddest, and place handcuffs on an on-duty postal employee who is delivering the U.S. mail,? Adams said. ?If they would do that to Glen, in his postal uniform, they would do it to any other person of color in this community.?

Asked about the incident, the New York Police Department said only that ?the matter is under internal review.?

Mayor Bill de Blasio ?will be in close touch? with New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton ?about this incident?s investigation and findings,? Monica Klein, the mayor?s deputy press secretary, said in a statement.

?We expect all members of NYPD to act professionally and respectfully,? Klein said.

Grays, who said he was issued a summons for disorderly conduct, is engaged to a New York police officer he met while on his delivery route, the New York Times reported.

?I don?t hate cops,? Grays told the newspaper. Pointing to his fiancee, he said: ?I?m marrying one.?

Adams said the incident has ?traumatized? Grays, who has never been arrested or received a summons from police before.

Adams said that Grays did nothing wrong in the video, adding: ?It?s hard not the believe that the only reason Glen was handcuffed is because [of] the color of his skin.?

Grays is African American.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ows/?tid=sm_fb

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is Glen's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/glen.grays

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That's some bullshit right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    That right there is why cops get shot. That. Right. There. And (IMO), pulling shit like that, you fucking deserve it.

Don't you dare even try to label me as a cop hater, quite the contrary. But doing shit like that, with your testosterone driven "my dick is bigger than your dick" attitude, that "Fuck you, I'm a cop, I'll show you" attitude should earn you a fucking bullet. I don't apologize when assholes like these fucking tools get shot, nor will I, ever. Not everyone who wears a badge is a good guy. Case in point....
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information