Thread: David Pressley (32) - Georgia man blows his leg off shooting lawnmower with explosives

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

David Pressley (32) - Georgia man blows his leg off shooting lawnmower with explosives

Man Blows His Leg Off Shooting At Lawn Mower Filled With High Explosives

WALTON COUNTY, GA. ? A Georgia man trying to videotape shooting a lawn mower packed with explosives lost his leg. According to the March 19th incident report obtained by 11Alive, a sheriff?s deputy responded to a call about an explosion. A 911 call reported 32-year-old David Pressley was shooting Tannerite in the woods and ?had possibly blown his legs off from the explosion.?

Two of Pressley?s friends fashioned a tourniquet around his leg, helped him to the front seat of a vehicle, and drove him to a nearby road. That?s where EMS met the group and started working on Pressley. ?EMS advised David was missing his left leg below the knee,? the report notes.

He was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. He is now recovering from the incident.

One of Pressley?s friends told investigators they put three pounds of Tannerite into an old lawn mower ?to blow it up?. That friend also told the responding deputy the entire incident was captured on video. It became police evidence.

11Alive obtained that video. It shows Pressley dressed in what appears to be a tactical vest, sunglasses, and a ball cap. He shoots a semi-automatic rifle at the lawn mower for 30 seconds, getting off more than 20 shots. On the last shot, the lawnmower explodes in a cloud of water vapor. Shrapnel can be seen flying in all direction

http://water-and-woods.com/2016/03/m...h-explosives/#

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I heard that you should be 100 yards away from the Tannerite per pound of explosive. That means he should have been 300 yards minimum away to be sure nothing happened. That stuff is cool, but just like with handling firearms, you have to be fucking careful with that shit!!!

Here's some info on this stuff, for my non gun friends:

http://www.tannerite.com/faq.php

FAQ's

Got Questions?

Tannerite? offers an array of Frequent Questions (and Answers) in response to inquiries about our products and the policies that surround them.

Will Tannerite? Brand Binary Rifle Targets Cause a Fire?

No. Tannerite? binary rifle targets, when mixed and used correctly per instructions, will not cause a fire. The original Tannerite?brand binary exploding target was specifically designed from conception to be non-incendiary. This means the product was created using materials of the highest quality and properly formulated to ensure that it will not cause a fire.

When a bullet hits Tannerite? with a high velocity (2000 ft./sec. minimum), it causes a chemical reaction which results in a large water vapor cloud along with a loud report which is used as a shot indicator. Please note, however, that there are many knock-off products that can start fires due to an improper formulation and low quality raw materials. Even though Tannerite? brand targets will not start fires, all brands of exploding targets are banned during special fire orders. Please obey these restrictions.

For more information see the lab test results ...
    WFCi 13054 Creighton Final Report

If unmixed Tannerite? hardens over a period of time, is it still usable?

Yes. Tannerite? is meant to be stored in a dry, room temperature location (and can last about 10 years!), but if it is kept in a hot or humid location, or any moisture gets to the bottles, the nitrates degrade and cause the pellets to fuse together. If this is the case and the damage is mild, Tannerite? can be broken up, mixed and shot, working most of the time. If the damage is more severe, break up the nitrates, combine with undamaged nitrates (note: targets should not be mixed in more than 2lb. quantities!) and mix with the proper amount of catalyst. After the product has been damaged, there's no guarantee it will be as loud or as spectacular as the product in its original form. However, most of the time there will be a successful detonation.

Can you make Tannerite? targets smaller or larger?

Yes you can. To make smaller targets, you can simply mix a 1/2 pound target and pour the contents into a plastic container of your choice. It's best if the container is not brittle, but just about any container will work. A good idea when shooting either small targets, or when shooting at long ranges, is to wrap the target in Duct-Tape. This prevents a spill or leak if the bullet strikes low, a fringe hit, or hits the lid on the target.

To make larger targets, tape one on top of the other, by hitting one it will initiate them both. Common sense and local noise regulations dictate how much you can use without getting cited for disturbing the peace.

What if I am approached by an authority and questioned about my targets?

Be honest, show them your Tannerite? and explain what you are doing. If they have further questions please feel free to give them the Tannerite? phone number (877-744-1406) and website (www.tannerite.com). Tannerite?is sold for a shot-indicator, if you are misusing the product or destroying public property we will not help you. If there are complaints about the noise, please be respectful and stop.

How could something so fun, be legal everywhere?

Tannerite? falls under the same laws as black powder and all other explosives that are exempt for sporting use. Remember though, just because it's a legal product if used as prescribed, does not mean that you can use it in any manner you wish. Unlike firearms, you can legally shoot them however, there are places where it is forbidden. It is up to the end-user to obtain local authority permission before using our product unless it's on private property. Even then if you live close to others it's best to contact them and explain what you are doing.

Our customers often ask whether a particular round will reliably initiate Tannerite targets

To reliably initiate, Tannerite targets need to be hit solidly with a transonic (ital) round. A transonic round is one going 2,000 feet per second or faster. All other things being equal, larger diameter bullets work better than smaller ones.

EXAMPLES OF COMMON ROUNDS THAT WILL NOT RELIABLY INITIATE TANNERITE? TARGETS:

Pistol calibers from a pistol-length barrel

.17 HM2 (will sometimes work but not reliably)
    .22 long rifle and similar (.22 short, .22 long, etc)
    .22 WMR (will sometimes work but not reliably)
    .30 carbine
    Shotgun slugs of any gauge
    EXAMPLES OF COMMON ROUNDS THAT WILL RELIABLY INITIATE TANNERITE? TARGETS:

.17 HMR
    .17 Remington
    .223/5.56mm NATO (the common AR15/M16 or Ruger Mini-14 round)
    5.45x39mm (the AK-74 round)
    6mm Remington
    .243 Winchester
    7.62x39mm (the AK-47 round)
    7mm Remington Magnum
    .30-30
    .300 Savage
    .308/7.62mm NATO
    .30-06
    .300 Remington Magnum
    .338 Remington Magnum
    .50 Browning (the .50 caliber machine gun round)

It even tells you that this product should not be mixed in more than two pound quantities. OOOOOPS! Bet he learned his lesson.
    Last edited by kevansvault; 03-28-2016 at 05:25 AM.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Idiots like this is why we can't have nice things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I feel safer knowing that evil lawnmower will no longer be able to hurt anyone.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    I feel safer knowing that evil lawnmower will no longer be able to hurt anyone.

Thread Information