Thread: Marya Christiansen's (23) body was found inside her vehicle in the Mississippi River

Marya Christiansen's (23) body was found inside her vehicle in the Mississippi River

Police hunt for mother-of-two, 23, who disappeared while driving home after a night out with friends

-Marya Christiansen, 23, was last seen at around 2.30am on Saturday
    -Mother-of-two was out on a night out with friends before heading home
    -Was driving white 2006 Dodge Caravan back to house she shares with boyfriend Christopher Johnson and their two sons
    -She did not arrive, and searches have not uncovered any trace of her
    -Police and family members are appealing to the public for information

Police in Wisconsin are searching for a mother-of-two who has been missing since leaving a friend's house in the early hours of Saturday.
    Marya Christiansen, 23, was last seen at around 2.30am with friends at a house in Red Wing before heading home to her boyfriend Christopher Johnson, who lives in Hager City, around 10 miles away.
    Relatives say Christiansen never arrived home and has not been heard from since. Her car, a white 2006 Dodge Caravan, with licence plate 443 VPF, has also vanished.

Red Wing police, who are involved in search efforts, say Christiansen has not posted to social media or carried out any credit card transactions since she was last seen, the Star Tribune reports.
    Officers have scoured the area around where she was last seen, including the Mississippi River, by air and boat but have uncovered no trace of her.

Family members say Christiansen headed out on Friday night for drinks with her girl friends at a bar in Mississippi, across the river from her home in Wisconsin, CBS reports.
    Following those drinks, she headed back to a friend's house where she stayed until the early hours of Saturday before deciding to head home to see her boyfriend and father of her two children.
    Despite police searches and repeated efforts by family members and concerned friends to find Marya, no trace of her has been uncovered.

Her father, Steven Christiansen, told CBS: 'This is something that never ever crossed my mind. That my daughter would be missing and I need to find out where she is.'
    Christiansen is described as being 5ft 2ins tall, weighing 150lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    She also has two distinctive tattoos on her arms, a tiger's head on her right forearm and a curled ribbon with wings, a halo and the word 'Grandma' written on her left.
    The Dodge Caravan has a large amount of rust below both sliding doors, large dents in the front driver?s side fender and rear passenger taillight area, and a pink magnetic ribbon over the rear overhead door, police said.
    Family members have also set up a GoFundMe page in an attempt to raise funds to help in their search efforts.
    Anyone with information that could lead to Christiansen or her vehicle being found should contact Red Wing police at 651-385-3155 or call 911

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz433BtDK5u
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

7 p.m. update: Search to resume Wednesday for Marya Christiansen
    By John Russett Today at 7:17 p.m.

Family and friends of Marya Ann Christiansen continue their pleas for help in locating the Hager City woman.

A search effort that began over the weekend continued Tuesday and was scheduled to resume this morning for the 23-year-old who never came home after a night out in Red Wing.

Family launched private search parties Tuesday after Pierce County sheriff’s deputies halted the official physical search a day earlier.

Andrew Johnson, whose brother is her boyfriend, conducted three meetings Tuesday at the Red Wing American Legion.

“We don’t have answers, we don’t have clues, we don’t have nothing,” Johnson said.

Authorities turned their focus Tuesday to reviews of video surveillance and additional witness interviews and a check of Christiansen’s bank for clues to her whereabouts. Sheriff Nancy Hove said Christiansen’s cellphone has not transmitted a signal authorities can track.

“We looked in every hole we could think of,” Hove said

Red Wing police now have taken the lead role, the sheriff said.

While authorities worked the investigative side, Christiansen’s family organized a private search effort. A Facebook page dedicated to finding Christiansen chronicles that effort.

Hove said Sunday’s search covered land, Mississippi River waters and included aerial flyover by a Wisconsin State Patrol helicopter.

Deputies said Christiansen was last seen at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in Red Wing. Her boyfriend, Chris Johnson, notified police Saturday afternoon that she hadn’t returned to their home on County Road OO.

Hove said since Christiansen is an adult, authorities have to allow for the possibility that she intentionally disappeared.

“We’re kind of lost right now,” she said.

Family and friends said they believe she would not have left on her own.

“If you know Marya, if you know our family, it’s not her,” Johnson told the crowd during the 5 p.m. Tuesday meeting — the last of the day.

Christiansen was out drinking with friends Friday night at Kelly’s Bar. The group got a ride back to a friend’s house in Red Wing when Christiansen decided to leave, the sheriff explained. Christiansen’s friends tried talking her into staying, but she drove off by herself.

Monday’s effort to locate Christiansen included supporters contacting garbage collectors, trucking services and delivery drivers in the area.

“We’re trying to do everything we possibly can to bring Marya home,” Andrew Johnson said.

Two children live at the home with Christiansen and her boyfriend, Hove said.

A message posted on the group’s Facebook page asked to keep messages to pertinent information and to refrain from posting “speculation comments or questions.” Andrew Johnson said they are receiving more than 100 Facebook messages per hour.

Christiansen was driving a white 2006 Dodge Caravan bearing Wisconsin plates 443-VPF. The van is reported to a large dent in the front driver’s side fender and the rear passenger side taillight area.

Sarah Young contributed to this report.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/ne...a-christiansen

I have been following this story since it happened this past weekend; and it is soo close to home for me.
    The search teams have been checking ditches all along the WI roadways where she was supposed to be traveling on, but have found absolutely nothing.
    The FB group hasnt got much for other info besides the fact that there's a TON of locals searching for her on their own time, that they'll be searching the airport parking lots for the van (in case she did decide to 'get away').. and also that there might have been a creepy guy(?) somewhere near by them for awhile when they were all at the bar that night..
    But that last bit, I just read coming from one individual in the FB group, said it was just one other person who had mentioned this idea/fact earlier on in the group (I couldn't find the original remark but I may look again tomorrow)

So it's really also not clear at ALL if she even for surely made it over across the Mississippi, from Red Wing into Hager City after leaving the friends' house.

With there being a couple of registered sex offenders that live in downtown RW, (about 3 last I looked? And most of them being near by the bar she was at, and also all are pretty close to the river and bridge she was supposed to cross) ..
    Idk I'm not quite sure if being sexually targeted seems very likely for this , unless of course that mentioned "creepy guy" statement happens to turn out to pull any weight...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Unfortunately it is not sounding good. Bless her.

This is Marya in the outfit she was wearing the night she went missing.
    12823455_10156728046415374_1200805747766249741_o.jpg

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...sissippi_River

And this is the page set up to coordinate efforts to find her: https://www.facebook.com/findmaryac/?fref=nf
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-16-2016 at 05:58 PM.

She does not look like she weighs 150lbs in that pic! Especially if she is 5'2.

I am betting she accidentally drove her van into the water or crashed and ended up in the water. I wonder how many drinks she had? Was she buzzed? Tipsy? Drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

I am betting she accidentally drove her van into the water or crashed and ended up in the water. I wonder how many drinks she had? Was she buzzed? Tipsy? Drunk?
    I agree. She doesn't look 150lbs in that picture. I wonder if they're pulling that data from her license or some other outdated source.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Oh no... I was up until 7am reading all the information I could about this and was seriously hoping there would have been a potentially better outcome than how it is currently looking as of a couple hours ago...

Last night when I was doing all that looking, I noticed on FB that apparently I have 3 mutual friends with Marya, 6 with her BF, and 8 with her BF's brother.
    How stressful for the family, I can't imagine.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ? Officials with United Legacy say a vehicle was found in the Mississippi River near Red Wing, and the Pierce County Sheriff?s Office is on the scene investigating.

It?s not known if the vehicle has any ties to Marya Christiansen, a woman from Hager City, Wis., who has been missing since Saturday. Christiansen left a bar across the Mississippi River in Red Wing after a night out with friends and was presumably headed home to Hager City.

The mother of two boys hasn?t been seen since.

United Legacy officials say they still have searchers out in the area looking for Christiansen and that more than 130 have been out looking since 9:30 Wednesday morning. Officials said they are hoping the vehicle located in the river is unrelated.

A white van was removed from the Mississippi River just before 6 p.m. Wednesday. Aerial footage shows a white van being pulled from the river. It?s not known if the vehicle belonged to Christiansen.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...FemPw.facebook

Is she pregnant? Or just a bad pose in that photo?

Oh I know. I, myself am 5'2 and albeit, very petite... I only weigh 110 soaking wet, on a good day.

A few things I noticed:
    -She was out for dinner with some Margaritas (I'm assuming at the Mexican restaurant they went to)...
    -They went to Kelly's Taphouse and Bar after that. More drinking.
    -So then after the bar, they all went to a friends house in Red Wing ("Afterparty" with maybe even a little bit more drinking?)
    -She was last seem leaving this house around 2:30... after bars close at 2am here, of course.
    -A couple of the reports I read earlier mentioned that the friends were saying how they "Didn't think she should leave, and tried to convince her to stay there instead"...
    -But she wanted to go home to her boyfriend and kids right then, instead.

Ugh... this is so potentially avoidable. I can't stress enough to people; how the fact that if you just sit around and wait to sober up even just a TINY BIT longer than you want/think you actually need to, while drinking some water... it really can go a long ways as far as your cognitive faculties when it comes to driving a moving vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Is she pregnant? Or just a bad pose in that photo?
    If this van they found in the river turns out to be hers, then I truly hope she was not...
    By the looks of that photo, she was probably arching her back just enough to give that effect.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Yes, the family has confirmed they found her inside. Although, it is too early for them to confirm that she may have been "drunk driving". I am sincerely hoping she was under/close enough to the legal limit and that she may have fallen asleep driving at the wheel.

Now it's still only a few hours later and people on FB are having a hayday. Some people on there are throwing around their (uncalled for) two cents, on this concept, and speculating the level of her actual intoxication...
    Of course.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ? Officials with United Legacy say a vehicle was found in the Mississippi River near Red Wing, and the Pierce County Sheriff?s Office says the body found inside is that of a missing woman.
    Marya Christiansen, a 23-year-old woman from Hager City, Wis., has been missing since Saturday. Christiansen left a bar across the Mississippi River in Red Wing after a night out with friends and was presumably headed home to Hager City.
    Officials with the Pierce County Sheriff?s Office says a dive and rescue team pulled a white van from the Mississippi River just before 6 p.m. Wednesday near the Trenton Island boat launch ?under what?s known as the back channel bridge.? They later said the van matched the vehicle Christiansen was last seen driving.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That is just plain sad. RIP Marya.

Thread Information