Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 60 Days In

So I found this site about our county jail http://countyjail.net/Pennsylvania/A...ail-layout.php

First floor was where the Kitchen was at the second Floor and third floor was for Inmates who were sentenced. The Fourth floor was the Psychiatric Floor and was the Main Intake floor when you first came in to the Jail. It was called the "Shoe". It was the first floor you were put on prior to being Classified to the floor you were going to. Level 4a or 4b. It was called the level that you were put on when you first came in before moving to the 2nd floor for Sentenced Inmates. The 6th to 8th floor was for inmates who were looking at alot of Time in Jail and who were charged with serious accounts and charges. The 7th floor was called the hole and you were put there if you were involved in fights. The 5th floor was a Drug and Alcohol treatment floor but it is for hard core drug addicts. It is a bad floor and it is Program that you have to do all the time.
    Brian: It depended upon their charges and what they had on their previous Criminal History as to what Blocks they were put in. It also depended upon what they did to be put in Jail. Psychiatric Inmates were housed on the 4th floor. Inmates who were sentenced were on the 2nd floor and the 3rd floor. Inmates who worked in the Kitchen were on the first floor. Inmates who were Murders and other crimes were on the 7th to 8th floor.
    Marty: You went to level 4 first to get classified. Then you are moved to the corresponding level based on the severity of the crime committed (for example 6,7,8 are max security, whereas 1,2,3,4,5 are minimum)
    Linda: pod f was max security and the chute...hope pod was the program pod and pod d was med sec
    Mary: there were inmates that were oused in protective custody. They had the hole. They had the shoe. They had general population. Minimum and maximum security. I was on medium security pod
    Myron: Murderers and those alike on level 8, federal cases mostly on level 7, general felons on level 6, drug & health (mental and physical) all on 5, level 4 is male intake and 3 female pods, level 3 is medium, level 2 is minimum, level 1 is workers
    The people in this program are just in general population right? So they would still be all mixed in. The sheriff told the cameras that Roberts pod is known for violence so maybe he told Robert that and that's why he went on about child molesters thinking they're all in there for violence. I take what the sheriff said as these guys get bored and pick fights with each other not that they were out physically assaulting people and got locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You're welcome! It's nice to make a thread people actually like and post in...it's rare for me...lol.

Robert is such a fake. He acts like he loves solitary confinement, when it's obvious he doesn't. And he claims he put the towel over the camera to show the other guys he wasn't a cop, but I think he really did it because he was scared the other guys were going to beat him up. He knew if he did that the cops would take him out, and he didn't want to use the "safe word" and admit he was scared. Dude is an arrogant asshole, and I can't believe he is a teacher!

Oh, and when he told the other guys "you are better than child molesters" like, seriously? Who says that?!?
    Robert makes me cringe in embarrassment for him.

My brother spent many years in and out of prisons/jail/detention centers. He even did some time in a "boot camp"

I can't speak for all systems, but my brother was in general with all kinds of criminals. Druggies, bank robbers, killers, and child molesters. The only people they ever separated was the ones that couldn't behave in general population. Usually if you were a HUGE problem- they transferred you out of there.
    My brother was lucky because he had a skill (welding) so he was usually able to work release during the day. He used to work with another guy that was in jail for killing a boy with a baseball bat.

Most criminals know the system and when they enter it...they already know most of the inmates in the jail. It's really like they are coming home. A new inmate is always iffy.

The money/food/commissary/betting thing is very true. My bro said they bet ON EVERYTHING in jail. Even chess.

My brother used to tell me that it was scary sometimes when you knew you were fixing to be released back into society. He said you get so used to life behind walls, the structure, the discipline, the other inmates and the schedule.
    It used to freak me out sometimes when I would go see him and end up seeing other people that were all over the news. I remember once I went to see him and in the same room was the preacher that had been plastered all over the news. He decapitated another preacher's head and tried to flush it down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Robert makes me cringe in embarrassment for him.

I can't speak for all systems, but my brother was in general with all kinds of criminals. Druggies, bank robbers, killers, and child molesters. The only people they ever separated was the ones that couldn't behave in general population. Usually if you were a HUGE problem- they transferred you out of there.

Sadly, I know from personal experience, this is true. An immediate family member is currently in prison for child molestation, incest and 3rd degree rape. He was given a "cover story" by the warden and put in general population. So he is among all types of criminals. The only way they will move him is if his life is in danger.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Chomos get an intake class about not talking about their crimes.

It's usually the jail/prison staff that "slip up" and mention their crimes to other inmates.

Can't say I think it's a bad thing.

I am disappointed that they CAN bitch out pretty easily. Robert could get out any time he wanted, he's just enjoying getting paid to fuck around. There's no way they didn't tell him. Every other inmate was like, "Dude, you can't do that." Something with consequences that serious don't come as a surprise. He's a bitch and got scared, but didn't want to lose the paycheck and go home.

Poor Jeff

and Tami done lost her mind. She acting like a bully that is jealous that everyone but her has friends. Seriously, how you going to but stuff and then just take it away cause you don't feel like you got recognized for the gesture?

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Poor Jeff

and Tami done lost her mind. She acting like a bully that is jealous that everyone but her has friends. Seriously, how you going to but stuff and then just take it away cause you don't feel like you got recognized for the gesture?
    Seriously. I am so disappointed in Tami. At the beginning, I thought she was there for good reasons and was going to do well, but she is ruining it. Acting like a spoiled brat.

And that Ricky dude definitely needs to be on his meds, he is LOSING it. I think the CO's are now learning they need a better system in play when it comes to inmates taking their meds. Making sure they swallow them and then checking their mouth the way they check to see if someone they pulled over has drugs hiding under their tongue, etc. It's scary to have a lose canon like that in a locked room with a bunch of other people trapped in there.

And poor Jeff is this deranged guy's target. I thought it was nice how the "pod boss" tried to talk him out of hurting Jeff, but it obviously did no good.Robert at least had a suspicion the guys were going to hurt him, but Jeff has no clue. He thinks Ricky is his friend and has his back, so Jeff doesn't even have time to do the signal to get him out of there. Figures they cut the episode right before we get to see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

There are antipsychotic meds that can be given via injection, and they are long acting. I would think they would want to go that route for the inmates with Schzophrenia. It's not even that most of them are violent, they are likely to become victims.

I'm not surprised Tami is doing badly. Most cops do. She doesn't care to get to know the inmates, because if she did, she may feel guilty for putting some of them away. She sees herself as above them. She was very passive aggressive about the cake, I think she expected people to fawn over her, and she got pissed when they didn't.

I wonder what happens with Barbra that she feels like she can't trust anyone. She's seems so "buddy buddy" with everyone.

I think the problem with the male lock up is there are too many damn inmates in a pod. Seriously it's packed with people.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

All I can say after this latest episode......poor Jeff. He seems like a super nice guy. I would totally be his friend. Out of everybody, I feel the worse for him. He doesn't even realize the danger he's in.

Tami- wow. She's the one person who I thought would do well and hasn't. I still think she is bringing this all on herself. Honestly, I would avoid her too. She's always lurking in the background. It's creepy as hell.
    She totally reminded me of my ex SIL over the freak out on the cake. My SIL always loved her atta boys.

Robert- I'm over him completely. Idiot.

Barbara- it's interesting to see the issues she is starting to have in her marriage.

Umm did anybody see the sneak peek for this week's episode tonight? I would be scared and pissed if I was Jeff.

I missed it. I really wanted to see it to.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Umm did anybody see the sneak peek for this week's episode tonight? I would be scared and pissed if I was Jeff.
    Yep just watched it. It doesn't matter if inmates lie, it was on camera that an altercation took place. I really do feel for Jeff. He should be able to leave now.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm glad Jeff was able to leave.
    That's some scary shit. I hope the jail system is paying attention to this experiment. That jail needs to do something about Martin. If he's taking the mentally ill dude's meds, that's just crazy.

I was glad Tami got to see her wife and she calmed down some.
    I still don't understand why Barbara got so weepy because the other inmates were taking that girls stuff. She left and couldn't take it with her. I suspect Barbara is more upset because of her husband. I'm sensing some marriage issues. I think she may end up bailing soon.

D-pod is scary. Even Zac looked a little scared to be there.

I wish they would boot Robert off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I'm glad Jeff was able to leave.
    That's some scary shit. I hope the jail system is paying attention to this experiment. That jail needs to do something about Martin. If he's taking the mentally ill dude's meds, that's just crazy.

I was glad Tami got to see her wife and she calmed down some.
    I still don't understand why Barbara got so weepy because the other inmates were taking that girls stuff. She left and couldn't take it with her. I suspect Barbara is more upset because of her husband. I'm sensing some marriage issues. I think she may end up bailing soon.

D-pod is scary. Even Zac looked a little scared to be there.

I wish they would boot Robert off the show.
    I completely lost all respect for Barbra after this show. She's not in there to try to help the program. She was fine when she had her BFF in there. As soon as she left, I don't think the issue was the inmates were taking Sam's stuff, I think it was she wasn't feeling the love anymore.

Did anyone see the previews? Zac had drugs in his bunk.

Yesssss Robert is gone!! It was funny how the camera was zooming in on him walking/bending fine at the ER. He's soo annoying.

Barbara is totally overreacting about the picture. I don't understand what Miriam was drawing or why she drew a foot by the flag but Barbara is going overboard.

Isaiah... He's gonna end up picking up charges before the end of the show.

Yesssss Robert is gone!! It was funny how the camera was zooming in on him walking/bending fine at the ER. He's soo annoying.

Barbara is totally overreacting about the picture. I don't understand what Miriam was drawing or why she drew a foot by the flag but Barbara is going overboard.

Isaiah... He's gonna end up picking up charges before the end of the show.
    Yes, yes and yes! How stupid is she going to feel when she finds out Yaz is Muhammad Ali's daughter and also in the program. Barbra is an asshole and I hate how she spells her name.

Does anyone else think that Amber part was added for drama? She seems older and more seasoned, I can't see her yelling out "who has my shit in their tray".

about Robert....yeah the cop said exactly what I thought. Funny how Robert got "sick" right after he was told he was going to be sent back to general population. Dude is so annoying. he started out saying it was going to be easy and a vacation like a dumbass, and he ended up not being able to stick it out. Yet didn't want to admit it, so made up being sick and needing to go to a hospital. really would like to hear what the doctor said at the hospital.... "you are totally fine, there is nothing wrong with you. Except for being a moron".

Isiah is definitely going to do something bad to get charges, if he hasn't already.

Zach is my favorite.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This show makes me go from hating somebody to liking them.

I almost cheered when Robert finally left. Thank you Jesus. He is in the top 10 on my list of people I hate on documentary shows.

I agree with all of you. Barbra overreacted. Way too much.

I think tami enjoyed (she had a smirk on her face) when she said they had drugs on the food tray. I think it's impossible for tami to avoid drama.

The preview for the next episode is in 25min you snitch ass honkies.

Does Maryum seem a little over the top to anyone else? I can't wait to see next week when they find out they were all in the program. And when they watch the episodes together...

Does Maryum seem a little over the top to anyone else? I can't wait to see next week when they find out they were all in the program. And when they watch the episodes together...
    She's annoying. I really tried to like her, I just couldn't.

Barbra's whole take-away was stupid: "I'm a very strong person, I'm very compassionate, me,me,me". I actually ended up hating Tammi the least out of the females at the end.

Is anyone else worried about Zac after this? I am.

ETA: Robert just wanted to be on tv. He doesn't even care if people hate him. I don't get why him or the guy that got punched in the face are allowed on the follow up show?

I'm really pulling for Isiah. Was that his kid at the end of the show?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-20-2016 at 04:21 PM.

I think the guy that got punched in the face should be on the follow-up show. If the previews are correct, I would also question why he thinks he would be a good correctional officer. NOPE. That dude was a wimp and a pushover. No way would he ever be able to control inmates.

Robert makes me sick. I'd like to kick him in his balls with a pair of steel-toes on.

Maryum was really a non-factor to me. She didn't offer anything of use. She treated it like some type of spiritual journey or finding myself type of thing. She's one of those annoying women that thinks the world is all rainbows and butterflies.

I worry about Tami being a cop. Seriously. She gets mad way to easy. She really came off as a huge bully with a few mental issues. The way her wife always talks to her sounds like she's talking "her down" from her anger.

I like how things turned out with Barbra. She was kind of timid when she went into jail. She came out much stronger. It was a huge shocker last week when she told the sheriff that one guard was giving out drugs on food trays for sexual favors. Then she said she wouldn't be surprised if an inmate came up pregnant.
    I still think her husband is an asshole. He was totally a dick to her each time she would call. He didn't come see her and he really didn't even act like he cared when she got released.

Zac is def. the hero of the show. Who doesn't love zac? He's perfect for undercover work (I do wonder if he would be able to do that after this show, tho) I think he has the perfect personality for LE work.
    I can't wait to see what happens when he finds out Isiah was also undercover. I those two.

Yeah maybe I was being too harsh on the guy that got punched and Barbra. They both kind of annoy me, so I wasn't seeing the positives.

I should have elaborated on why I was worried for Zac. I'm worry someone (inmate or otherwise) will retaliate against him.

I had a feeling Tammi was going to retire or quit working in law enforcement after this experience. I figured if she was empathizing with the women there, she would begin to feel bad about putting people away.

I do think she acted moody and anxious, but I also think she told herself for years that the people she put away were scum. Now she knows otherwise, so her whole way of thinking has changed too. I think she actually tried her hardest to not like the other inmates. Anyways I do feel bad for her, because I feel like a large majority of her identity came from being a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I had a feeling Tammi was going to retire or quit working in law enforcement after this experience. I figured if she was empathizing with the women there, she would begin to feel bad about putting people away.

I do think she acted moody and anxious, but I also think she told herself for years that the people she put away were scum. Now she knows otherwise, so her whole way of thinking has changed too. I think she actually tried her hardest to not like the other inmates. Anyways I do feel bad for her, because I feel like a large majority of her identity came from being a cop.
    Me too. And Zack is just awesome, he would do great in law enforcement. And his wife being on season 2? Was surprised because she was on camera during season 1 so people may recognize her. Long shot, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Me too. And Zack is just awesome, he would do great in law enforcement. And his wife being on season 2? Was surprised because she was on camera during season 1 so people may recognize her. Long shot, but still.
    I'm pretty sure I'm in love with Zac he took this challenge very seriously, and I think he would make a good cop. Plus he's kind of quiet and shy his wife is gorgeous.

I'm happy for Isaiah.

Thread Information