Thread: Katherine Ackling-Bryen, 37, Missing From St Mary's in Western Sydney, Australia Since 19 Feb 2016

Katherine Ackling-Bryen, 37, Missing From St Mary's in Western Sydney, Australia Since 19 Feb 2016

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-0...-bryen/7216874

Police renew appeal to help find missing Sydney mother Katherine Ackling-Bryen
    Updated 47 minutes ago

Photo of missing woman Katherine Ackling-Bryen
    PHOTO: Katherine Ackling-Bryen, 37, was last seen on February 19, 2016, at a shopping centre in St Marys. (Supplied: NSW Police)
    MAP: St Marys 2760
    Police have renewed their appeal for the public's help to find a missing woman who was last seen nearly two weeks ago at St Marys, in Sydney's west.

Katherine Ackling-Bryen, 37, dropped her two children at school then went to a shopping centre on Charles Hackett Street at 11:30am (AEDT) on Friday, February 19.

She has not been seen since.

It is believed Ms Ackling-Bryen returned to her home on the Great Western Highway at St Marys, then left again between 12:30pm and 3pm.

"In the past two weeks we've made a number of enquiries to try to locate her," New South Wales Police Inspector Barry Vincent said.

"The inquiries that we've made thus far do not indicate that she's accessed any bank accounts.

"There's a number of items that she left within the home that you would normally expect a person to take such as mobile phone, identification and bank cards.

"Our enquiries thus far don't indicate that's it's suspicious at this time but nonetheless we're very concerned for her welfare."

He said as more time passes, Ms Ackling-Bryen's family are becoming increasingly concerned.

"Her husband and her children and obviously the extended family are concerned for her welfare.

"You can only feel for them at the moment," he said.

Ms Ackling-Bryen was last seen wearing a grey top, black tracksuit pants, light blue hat and sunglasses.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is urged to contact Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000.

NSW Police fb post/comment thread

https://m.facebook.com/nswpoliceforc...pe=3&source=42

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope she is found safe.

Katherine Ackling-Bryen - missing after dropping her kids at school on 19 February 2016

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-K...86722/?fref=ts

Police have renewed their appeal for the public's help to find a missing woman who was last seen nearly two weeks ago at St Marys, in Sydney's west.

Katherine Ackling-Bryen, 37, dropped her two children at school and then went to a shopping centre on Charles Hackett Street at 11:30am on February 19.

She has not been seen since.

It is believed Ms Ackling-Bryen returned to her home on the Great Western Highway at St Marys, and left again between 12:30pm and 3:00pm.

NSW Police Inspector Barry Vincent said in the past two weeks police had made a number of inquiries to try to locate her.

"The inquiries that we've made thus far do not indicate that she's accessed any bank accounts since February 19," Inspector Vincent said.

"There's a number of items that she left within the home that you would normally expect a person to take such as mobile phone, identification and bank cards.

"Our inquiries thus far don't indicate that it's suspicious at this time but nonetheless we're very concerned for her welfare."

He said as more time passed, Ms Ackling-Bryen's family became increasingly concerned.

"Her husband and her children and obviously the extended family are concerned for her welfare," Inspector Vincent said.

"You can only feel for them at the moment."

Ms Ackling-Bryen is described as Caucasian, medium height, medium build with brown hair and hazel eyes.

She was last seen wearing a grey top, black tracksuit pants, light blue hat and sunglasses.

Video of Ms Ackling-Bryen was captured on CCTV footage at the St Marys shopping centre.

Police have now released stills of the footage in an attempt to locate her.

They have called for anyone that has any information about her whereabouts to contact St Marys Police or Crime Stoppers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-0...-bryen/7216874
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-16-2016 at 02:27 PM.

It's not suspicious that she went to a mall with absolutely no money?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    It's not suspicious that she went to a mall with absolutely no money?
    I think she must have had cash? This is from the day she disappeared and she's carrying a target bag -

(She could have taken the items with her to return for cash I guess - as another option)

Didn't we have a thread on this already? Her picture looks familiar, the one in the FB profile pic...could have sworn I saw it here a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    merged haha I should have known that nothing happens in Australia that gets by Blighted Star.

lol thanks guys.

THROUGH tears Katherine Ackling-Bryen?s husband Michael Bryen has spoken of the anguish he has faced every day since she went missing almost five weeks ago. Yesterday he sat down with The Standard on what was their youngest daughter Emma?s sixth birthday.

?I?m doing the best I can, today is particularly tough,? Mr Bryen said.

?She (Emma) doesn?t understand this ? and it?s our oldest daughter Caitlin?s ninth birthday soon too, on April 7.

?I?ll admit I?ve looked out the front of our house a couple of times today hoping to see Katherine.?

Mr Bryen said explaining to both his daughters why their mum wasn?t home has been tough.

?At the moment I just keep to the story, ?mummy must not be feeling right and is staying with friends, and we don?t know where that is so that?s why the police are trying to find her,? he said.

Mr Bryen said he has replayed every moment leading up to his wife?s disappearance on February 19 and every moment since.

?I?ve been through everything, and over everything a million times,? he said.

?She was just her normal self, the days leading up were normal.?

Mr Bryen said he can?t think of any reason his wife of six years and partner of 16 years would choose not to come home.

?Things were great, these are meant to be the best days of our lives,? he said.

?She is our life, she is my life and I just can?t understand this, it just makes me sick.?

Just five days before Katherine disappeared was Valentine?s Day and Mr Bryen said the girls helped him decorate the house with love heart balloons and rose petals.

Mr Bryen said he last spoke to Katherine just before 9am on the morning she disappeared to say good morning to the girls as he did every day.

He said it was then when Katherine told him she was keeping Emma home from school.

?Alarm bells rang when the school called me at about 3.20pm to say Katherine hadn?t picked the girls up,? Mr Bryen said.

?That was first I knew Katherine had decided to take Emma to school as well.?

Mr Bryen said Katherine would never forget to pick up the girls so he was immediately worried.

?She was the most devoted person ? you couldn?t get near those children if she didn?t know you,? he said.

?Right away I knew it was odd.?

He said straight after leaving the school he went home to find the doors locked.

?She had put dinner on and had only left with the house keys, which was normal when she was just going to pick the girls up from school,? Mr Bryen said.

?That?s when I called the police.?

Mr Bryen pleaded for Katherine or anyone with information to come forward.

He said, while he was hanging on hope Katherine would come home, he was afraid she has possibly met with foul play.

?What the hell has happened to you Katherine?,? he said.

?Even if you call your mum or someone, if not me for whatever reason, please call your children at least.?

Mr Bryen said he has deliberately tried not to pay attention to ?trolls? suggesting he was to blame for Katherine?s disappearance.

Instead he was focusing on the friends and family helping him through.

He said he did not want to appear on camera or in photos to protect his children from any negative comments.

St Marys crime manager Detective Inspector Barry Vincent said even the smallest detail, which may seem insignificant, could help the case now being investigated by Strikeforce Pateman.

?I would urge anyone with information to come forward, you can provide information anonymously through Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000,? Insp Vincent said.

He asked anyone coming forward to make direct comment and not leave information which could help in comments on Facebook.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...028850c6a166f1

Nothing new on this at all. For once, the husband doesn't strike me as completely suspicious. I do think it's odd her saying she was going to keep one of the daughters home from school, then brought them both to school, and then apparently dropped something off at the school to them before disappearing. Just odd...

Missing Persons Week: Katherine Ackling-Bryen still missing months later

Elisha Pearce, Mt Druitt-St Marys Standard
    August 2, 2016 12:53am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...4601f2b56ebedb

NSW Police’s Missing Persons Week campaign comes 167 days after Katherine Ackling-Bryen, went missing from Oxley Park.

The wife of Michael Bryen and mother of two went missing on February 19 and hasn’t been seen since.

On that morning Mrs Ackling-Bryen, 37, walked her daughters, aged five and eight, to Oxley Park Public School.

She then dropped of something to one of her daughters at school at 10.30am.

Security footage confirmed Mrs Ackling-Bryen went to St Marys Shopping Village that afternoon and police found items she purchased at her home, indicating she made it home after cameras spotted her walking towards Queen St.

Mrs Ackling-Bryen hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Mr Bryen told The Standard in May the time since his wife disappeared were the toughest of his life.

He said a strong family and friend network as well as an understanding workplace were helping hold the family together.

St Marys crime manager Detective Inspector Barry Vincent told The Standard police would like to see car camera footage of anyone driving in the area.

“We are particularly interested in anyone who may have dashcam footage to show us Katherine’s movements in the afternoon she went missing,” Det-Insp Vincent said.

The theme of this year’s Missing Persons campaign is urging people to stay connected and to remember that “missing persons leave frayed edges.”

Assistant Commissioner Peter Barrie said the campaign aims to remind members of the public of the importance of staying connected with family and friends and to build personal and communal support networks.

“The effect of missing persons on the whole community, families and friends, and of course the missing persons themselves, can be both profound and multifaceted,” Assistant Commissioner Barrie said.

“In fact, research reveals that for every missing person reported to police; at least 12 other people are affected, whether it’s emotionally, physically, psychologically or financially.”

Assistant Commissioner Barrie said he hoped people would remember people still lost and help police gather information to bring them home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

AN inquest will be held to determine what happened to an Oxley Park mother of two, who went missing in February last year.

After reviewing the case, the NSW Coroner has ordered a hearing to be held in June to investigate the circumstances surrounding Katherine Ackling-Bryen’s mysterious disappearance from her home on the Great Western Highway on February 19.

CCTV recorded the 37-year-old leaving St Marys Village shopping centre and heading towards Queen St at 12.17pm.

It was the last time she was seen.

Her husband, Michael Bryen reported her missing at 3.30pm that day when she did not pick up her daughters from school.

St Marys crime manager Det Insp Barry Vincent holding leaflets alerting the community to missing Oxley Park woman Katherine Ackling-Bryen.

Her mobile phone and purse were inside their locked house but her keys have never been found.

At the time of her disappearance, St Marys crime manager Barry Vincent said: “We believe she did make it home as the items she purchased from Target were inside her home still in the shopping bags.”

Det-Insp Vincent said detectives found no evidence to suggest she fell victim to foul play.

The inquest will start on Wednesday, June 7.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...0029b2e95f9eaa

The way she left the house, I always wondered if she went to a neighbour's & either a neighbour has done something (like that relatively recent case in Victoria) or someone driving past grabbed her - & that's a definite possibility since they lived on the Great Western Hwy at St Mary's. Not only is it busy but that whole part of Sydney is rough as fuck, possibly even worse than where I grew up (although people from over Blacktown/St Mary's way say it's worse where I lived so maybe both places suck equally).

So sad.

As Katherine Ackling-Bryen walked her young daughters to school, they noticed she had tears in her eyes.

One of the girls was still dressed in her pyjamas, and school staff gave her a uniform to wear.

That morning the 37-year-old mother left a bag of new clothes for her children in the lounge room of her St Marys house, and prepared a slow-cooked meal. Then she disappeared.

A precious quilt handmade by her mother and a black rucksack were the only items missing from her western Sydney home.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-of-...07-gwm841.html

An inquest into the disappearance and presumed death of Ms Ackling-Bryen has heard she was a loving and warm wife and mother, who suffered mental illness.

Ms Ackling-Bryen was reported missing when she did not pick up her daughters from school on the afternoon of February 19, 2016.

She stopped taking her medication in late 2015 because she was pregnant. But she had a miscarriage, which left her stressed and sad.

Her mother, Susan Reeve, told Glebe Coroner's Court Ms Ackling-Bryen had a history of depression and anxiety and was admitted to the Pialla mental health unit at Nepean Hospital in January 2013.

Mrs Reeve said the hospital promised there would be a follow-up with a case manager when she was discharged.

"She was never contacted by anyone. How can they promise sick and vulnerable people help and not follow through? I believe Katherine was let down and neglected by the system that should have given her help.

"Sick people cannot help themselves."

Mrs Reeve said Ms Ackling-Bryen was a devoted mother, wife and daughter.

"The most wonderful day of my life was the day Katherine was born. She was planned and longed for ... she was a delightful, happy and calm baby and toddler.

"I did not know our lives would have a before and after ... I live in the after."

The inquest heard Ms Ackling-Bryen's husband, Michael Bryen, went to lookouts in the Blue Mountains to find any trace of his wife.

Mr Bryen came to accept his wife probably died by suicide.

"She was such a loving, caring soul. She understood me like no other; we could share anything," Mr Bryen said, adding their daughters were "her life".

Mr Bryen said he understood having to be questioned by police over his wife's disappearance, and he praised the investigation.

"It's been extremely difficult because Katherine wasn't just my wife, she was my best friend and I've lost that. I can't say how much that's just crushed my life.

"To be honest, what other people thought, and police having to investigate me, that was the least of my thoughts and worries."

The inquest also heard the family were tormented on a Facebook page titled "Help find Katie", which aired false rumours and innuendo from strangers.

Deputy state coroner, Harriet Grahame, expressed her condolences to Ms Ackling-Bryen's family.

"She was clearly well-loved and the fact you are still standing by her shows me the love and respect you have for her."

Magistrate Grahame will deliver her findings on Friday.
    Last edited by Olivia; 06-20-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Here is a link to the Coronial Inquest for Katherine - http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov....ndings%202.pdf

Thread Information