Thread: Former Notre Dame star and NFL player Louis Nix (29) found dead several days after going missing

Former Notre Dame star and NFL player Louis Nix (29) found dead several days after going missing

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...ersons-report/

Louis Nix, who starred on the Notre Dame defensive line from 2011-13, has been reported missing in Florida.

Nix, who was chosen by the Houston Texans in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft, had been wounded in a robbery in December.

He was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad in 2016; he was released by the Jags in 2017. During his time in the NFL, he also played for the Houston Texans, New York Giants, and the Washington Football Team. He played in four games for the Giants in 2015.

BREAKING: The mother of Louis Nix, the local former Notre Dame player who was shot in a robbery attempt December just texted me that he is missing and sent this to me. Please call JSO if you have any information @NDFootball @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/4Rsb3yF8TX

? Ben Becker (@BenBeckerANjax) February 27, 2021

Nix was wounded in December while putting air in the tires of his car at a gas station.

I?m alive everyone. The bullet that hit me ricocheted off my sternum into my lung. Surgery is the next step so keep praying for me.

Thank you all for the positive energy and prayers 🙏🏾

? lOUIS NIX III (@1irishchocolate) December 9, 2020

Per the South Bend Tribune:

A flashlight attached to a gun flickered in Louis Nix III?s eyes, blinding him for the moment and startling the former Notre Dame nose guard to the point that the words the two men hovering over him were saying became indiscernible.

All Nix was trying to do was put some air in one of his back tires that he noticed was a little low after finishing his shift Tuesday night at Cintas in his hometown of Jacksonville, Fla.

Moments later the 29-year-old was riding in the back of an ambulance to the hospital, having been shot in the chest at a gas station.

Now, his family is concerned as he has been missing since Feb. 23.

Ben Becker, an anchor/reporter for the CBS/FOX affiliate in Jacksonville has been in touch with Nix?s mother.

Nix mother says she does not believe this is related to the robbery attempt. However since then, Nix didn?t like going anywhere and watched his surroundings. She doesn?t believe he had any enemies @ActionNewsJax @NDFootball

Mom&Nix last spoke Monday?I called to see if he felt up to driving his brother to work.he didn't feel up to it but he came any.ask me what I was up to and told him Appreciate him told me he loved me Call me back to say his brother made it on time.and he was going to take it easy?

Anyone with any information about Nix is asked to call the Jacksonville Sheriff?s Office at (904) 630-0500.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ported-missing

Ex-Notre Dame star Louis Nix, 29, found dead after reported missing

Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Louis Nix, who had been reported missing earlier last week, was found dead on Saturday, family members told two Jacksonville television stations. He was 29.

Nix's family reported him missing on Wednesday to police. After several days of searching, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted at 8 p.m. ET Saturday that Nix had been located but did not report Nix's condition. CBS/Fox affiliate Action News Jax reported that Nix's mother confirmed that Nix had died. WJXT TV-4 reported Nix's death via another family member.

According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, Nix was last seen at 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, leaving his father's Jacksonville residence. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly sent out a tweet on Saturday morning asking for the public's help in finding Nix.

Nix was injured in a shooting in December while filling his car's tires at a gas station near the Jacksonville airport. He said on social media that he spent 10 days in the hospital and that a bullet ricocheted off his sternum and went into his lung.

Nix starred at Jacksonville's Raines High School and played three seasons at Notre Dame before being drafted in the third round by the Houston Texans in 2014. Nix never played a game for the Texans because of knee injuries and played in just four games in 2015 for the New York Giants. He also spent time on the practice squads with Washington and Jacksonville in 2016.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2021..._going_missing
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-28-2021 at 10:55 AM.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...6-91dfe1d16d73

Former NFL star Louis Nix III was found dead Saturday night after being reported missing early this week, his mother confirmed to First Coast News.

The 29-year-old was reported missing Wednesday, Feb. 24, when officers responded to the area of 1700 West 42nd Street. The Sheriff's Office issued an advisory Saturday saying it was attempting to locate the 29-year-old to ascertain his safety.

On Saturday evening, officers pulled a car from a retention pond near Nix’s apartment on Broxton Bay Drive. It matched his vehicle’s description.
    A short while later, JSO announced Nix had been found, but did not go into detail.

The former Notre Dame defensive tackle and Raines High School football player was the victim of an armed robbery that ended with him being shot back in December.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/louis-...players-death/

The heartbroken mother of Louis Nix III paid tribute to the former Notre Dame star and Giants defensive lineman who was found dead Saturday at the age of 29.

Stephanie Wingfield remembered the Jacksonville, Fla. native as incredibly kind, and always willing to help a friend.

”If his head wasn’t attached to his body, he would give it to you,” she told Action News in Jacksonville on Sunday. ”People wanted autographs. He wasn’t ever too busy, always gave an autograph. Always took time to talk to people.”

Nix was reported missing on Wednesday, and his car was found three days later in a pond in Jacksonville.

”Before they could get anything out, ‘I’m sorry,’ I just started screaming, ‘No, no, no, no, no, no!’” Wingfield recalled of police informing her of the news.

A police investigation is underway, Wingfield said.

”God took him after he got him,” Wingfield said. “I don’t understand it, but at least he left here with God in his life.”

It is not yet known whether Nix’s death was connected to an incident in December, when he was hospitalized for 10 days after being shot while filling his car’s tires at a gas station near the Jacksonville airport.

Nix played in four games for the Giants in 2015. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft, and also spent time with Washington and the Jaguars, following a standout career with Notre Dame.

“There was a vibrant man who walked through these hallways…We’ve lost somebody way to early,” Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly told reporters on Monday. “We are devastated by it.”

Louis Nix’s mom reveals possible cause of death for ex-Giants defensive lineman

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/03/lo...e-lineman.html

The mother of Louis Nix revealed the possible cause of death for the 29-year-old former New York Giants defensive lineman, whose body was found on Saturday.

Jacksonville TV reporter Ben Becker talked to his mom on Monday, who said a car accident could be to blame.

His mother tells me investigators told her today “it appears to be accident something may have distracted him lost control and went into the pond.”

When I asked how investigators reached the conclusion that Nix lost control she said “Because the curve and they didn’t see the tire tracks until they really looked.”

When I asked what day and approximate time does JSO think Nix drove into the pond his mother said “They were trying to put a time line from his phone with who he was talking to last. But couldn’t find the phone.”

Nix mother shares with me excruciating details of how Nix was found “He surfaced from the water and on the grass. windows on passenger side was down. the pond is deep so it took some days for him to surface.”

I asked Nix mother if there were any indications of foul play or if he was driving to get away from someone, she said “they (JSO) said no indication of foul play more accident”

I asked Nix mother did JSO suggest if he was impaired somehow from pain meds related to the shooting or anything else and she said “No they didn’t but he may have been distracted by his phone.”

ESPN reports “Nix’s family reported him missing on Wednesday to police. ... According to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Nix was last seen at 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, leaving his father’s Jacksonville residence.”

Becker reports the “Missing persons report 3 days before Nix was found says Nix gf last spoke w/him at 7:57p on Wed, was on way over but never showed. She says he was driving with another man and ‘suspected Nix was intoxicated due to the sound of his voice and choice of affectionate words.’”

Nix had been recovering from a gunshot wound to the chest suffered in December after being the victim of a botched robbery attempt at a gas station in Jacksonville.

Nix, a Jacksonville native who attended Notre Dame, was a third-round pick of the Houston Texans in 2014.

According to Pro Football Reference, Nix spent most of the 2014 season on injured reserve and was waived before the 2015 season. At that point, the Giants claimed him off waivers.

New York went on to waive and re-sign Nix two more times. The nose tackle played in four games before finishing the 2015 season on the practice squad. The Giants waived Nix for the final time before the 2016 season.

Thread Information