Thread: Bradyn Dillon (8) Murdered by his father Graham Dillon (37)

Bradyn Dillon (8) Murdered by his father Graham Dillon (37)

Canberra man charged with murdering his son in Gungahlin

A father who allegedly murdered his eight-year-old son in Gungahlin on Monday night has faced court for the first time.
    Graham Dillon, 37 of Jacka, appeared in court on Tuesday morning charged with murdering Bradyn Dillon.

Dillon appeared stunned as he entered the courtroom, wearing shorts and a grey T-shirt, and did not sit with his Legal Aid duty solicitor at the bar table.

He entered no plea to any charge, and made no application for bail. He was remanded in custody at the Alexander Maconochie Centre until March 1.
    Earlier, police said in a statement that the child had sustained serious injuries but later died.

"Police and ACT Ambulance Service officers attended a residence in Jacka last night [Monday] and a male child was transported to hospital where he later died," police said in a statement.
    "The man has also been charged with a number of assault offences.
    "The police investigation into the Jacka homicide is ongoing."

Bittermann Street in Jacka was closed to the public on Monday night as detectives took witness statements from neighbours and forensic teams investigated the scene.
    "The house involved will be examined by forensic services teams and detectives are investigating an incident here," he said.
    Residents were alerted to the operation when sirens echoed through the quiet suburb. Many stood at the police blockade, awaiting information from the police. They said the street was usually quiet and home to many families.

From the outside, the house appeared unlived-in, with overgrown grass reaching waist height and catalogues spilling from an overstuffed mailbox.
    On Tuesday morning, the porch light was still on but the curtains were drawn.
    The only visible signs a child occupied the house was a caterpillar sprinkler in the front yard and a bicycle parked in front of the garage.

There were no screams, nothing to pierce the evening's peace, those who live in the surrounding area said.
    Many had only realised something was wrong when the flashing lights encircled the property.
    Residents of this quiet street are still absorbing the horror of the night before.

A group of neighbouring children watched with quiet curiosity as police guarded outside the house before their mum bundled them into the car bound for school.
    "It was pretty horrible," one neighbour said as he headed out the door to work.
    "I have three daughters under eight and I took the day off work to walk them to school," another says.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...15-gmutwq.html

Looks like there was also a sister that was assaulted.

This is his facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/teyngraham

From facebook, it is said that the mom of the little boy has been trying to get him removed from the dad's house for months.
    This is my cousins little boy she has been fighting with the courts for months to get him of his Dad and this is now what has happened!!! R.I.P little man now with Nan x<3x
    A Canberra man has been charged with murdering his eight-year-old son and assaulting his ten-year-old daughter.

Graham Stuart Dillon, 37, of Jacka, a suburb in Canberra's north, is accused of murdering Braydyn Dillon, 8, on Monday.

As well as one count of murder, Dillon was charged with three counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm against his 10-year-old daughter.

This has really shaken up the local community. Every night at 8pm the residents in the street have been going out and lighting candles for this little boy. I met one of those neighbours at work the other day and helped her put together a few balloons to leave out the front of the house. I hope he rots in Jail for what he has done to poor Bradyn and his little girl. I'm really confused though as there is only mention of one daughter but looking at his facebook there is a picture of Bradyn with his sister and another little girl who looks like a twin to the other girl?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Did I miss how the boy was killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

You didn't miss it, it sounds like no-one really knows much yet

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...16-gmvbp3.html

Gungahlin alleged murder victim Bradyn Dillon was 'the gentlest soul'

February 17 2016
    Christopher Knaus, Henry Belot and Katie Burgess

Candles were lit as a tribute for Bradyn Dillon as the community gathered in Jacka on Wednesday night.

The eight-year-old was allegedly murdered by his father, Graham Dillon, 37, in a Gungahlin suburb on Monday night.

The killing has shocked the Jacka neighbourhood, with close to 60 residents expressing their grief at a candlelight vigil on Wednesday night.

But it is the child's family and friends who are struggling the most to grapple with the loss of a boy so young.

Candles were lit as a tribute for Bradyn Dillon as the community gathered in Jacka on Wednesday.

Bradyn's auntie, Karissa Simpson, was trying to find a way to get to Canberra as soon as possible.

"Everyone loved [Bradyn]," Mrs Simpson said.

"He was the most kind, beautiful, gentle soul.

"He loved lizards... he loved BMX riding. He loved school."

The family, she said, had been told little detail of what had happened.

She said her nephew was a happy, loving child, who would not hurt a fly.

"He was a great kid, the gentlest soul," Mrs Simpson said.

"He would get along with anyone, would want to help anyone."

Mrs Simpson, sister of the accused, said other relatives were also preparing to travel to Canberra this week.

She said news that her brother had been accused of the murder had left her "completely shocked".

The father faced the ACT Magistrates Court briefly on Tuesday morning, appearing stunned and dazed.

He was charged with the murder. No pleas were entered and the case is expected to return to court in March.

Police say the son was rushed to hospital after the attack, but died later that night.

They are continuing their homicide investigation and are asking for witnesses or anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers.

Still coming to terms with the news, Jacka residents gathered for a candlelit vigil outside the property on Wednesday night.

They will come together each night at 8pm until Monday to honour Bradyn's memory.

Young children placed flowers and teddy bears on the nature strip with their parents by their side.

The mood was sombre, with many shedding tears and hugging family members.

Nikita Picker, a 13-year-old girl who lives in Jacka, began to cry when she placed a handwritten note alongside candles and flowers.

"I came here to show my respects to the little boy," she said.

"I didn't know him personally but I met him once or twice. In my note I told him he was safe now and no one would hurt him."

Michael Job, who said he had known the boy's family for seven years, will travel from Gowrie in Canberra's south every night this week to pay his respects.

"He was a well behaved boy that was always happy and never caused any trouble," he said.

"It was excellent to see so many people come along tonight. It just shows that people out there still care"

Shemee Caldwell, 20, said she felt it was important to show her support for the local community.

"It is good that everyone has come together," she said. "Hopefully more people will come by during the week and the pile of flowers will only grow."

Another neighbour, Michelle Woods, remembered Bradyn as a boy who was always surrounded by kids.

"He was always playing in the middle of the kids; he was always on his bike. He was a happy chappy," she said.

Bradyn was to attend her son's birthday party on Saturday. She said her son was too distraught to attend school on Tuesday.

"It's hard to explain it them."

Ms Woods said her family would be keeping a candle in their front window for the rest of the month to pay their respect to Bradyn.

"It is good to see the community coming together in memory of him and keeping his spirit alive," she said.

Police ask anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has any information that could assist the investigation and has not yet spoken to them, to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or at act.crimestoppers.com.au.

Graham has multiple children. The kids on his facebook page are MY children. The boy in the picture is NOT Bradyn it is my son (Bradyns only brother) and the twins are my daughters (2 out of 6 of Bradyns sisters)

My son and twin daughters were safe from Graham due to a DVO I had placed on him in 2014. Unfortunately my efforts to get my stepchildren safe from him fell on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by tmatheson View Post
    Graham has multiple children. The kids on his facebook page are MY children. The boy in the picture is NOT Bradyn it is my son (Bradyns only brother) and the twins are my daughters (2 out of 6 of Bradyns sisters)

My son and twin daughters were safe from Graham due to a DVO I had placed on him in 2014. Unfortunately my efforts to get my stepchildren safe from him fell on deaf ears.
    Welcome tmatheson and thank you for sharing your story. SO HAPPY that you were able to keep your children safe. Fuck the system for ignoring your pleas to save the other kids. RIP Bradyn.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar

How tragic and frustrating for you I'm so sorry that the System, as with many others, has failed both yourself and Bradyn. R.I.P Braydn.

Bradyn and his sister should have been with their mother. Upon me leaving Graham in 2013 his mother and I made multiple attempts to get the children removed from his care because we knew they were in danger. CPS canberra ignored our concerns despite me having a current dvo on him and him not being allowed near his other children.

There will be a ABC news report on the 2nd of September regarding Jakob Oakey (another child failed by CPS) and a brief interview with Bradyns mother.

Bradyns mums world has been turned upside down as you can imagine between the loss of her son, the severe abuse her daughter went through and is still recovering physically from as well as forever being scarred emotionally and mentally and having two other daughters she needs to stay strong for. Their was no reason for Bradyn and his sister to NOT be in their mothers care. Graham has a extensive history of criminal charges and DV against every partner he had been with.

More people need to stand up in regards to keeping our children safe from abusers. And the government needs to be held accountable for their negligence regarding children in KNOWN dangerous environments.

The children should have been with their mother. And CPS should have listened to the multiple reports that were made to them regarding the children's safety. Now a mother has lost her only son, a brother and 6 sisters have lost a brother and their lives will never ever be the same again.

Their will be a ABC report on the 2nd September at 7:30pm regarding Jakob Oakey (another child lost to CPS negligence) and Bradyn dillons mother will be aired in a short interview regarding her loss.

The children should have been with their mother. And CPS should have listened to the multiple reports that were made to them regarding the children's safety. Now a mother has lost her only son, a brother and 6 sisters have lost a brother and their lives will never ever be the same again.

Their will be a ABC report on the 2nd September at 7:30pm regarding Jakob Oakey (another child lost to CPS negligence) and Bradyn dillons mother will be aired in a short interview regarding her loss.
    Thank you for this - we will be watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Thank you for this - we will be watching.
    Thanks , i will also watch. Sorry for your loss, shit like this shouldn't ever happen.

tmatheson, I am so, so sorry that this happened to this sweet little boy. It breaks my heart. You and your children will be in my thoughts.

tmatheson I'm very for your loss. Bless you and yours.
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

That other picture is of graham dilons twin girls to another marriage, they also had another little boy

Quote Originally Posted by Rintin View Post
    That other picture is of graham dilons twin girls to another marriage, they also had another little boy

Yes that's correct. They are my children.

Graham Stuart Dillon used his fists, lit cigarettes and belts to assault his nine-year-old son repeatedly for months. More than once he beat Bradyn around the head, until one final flurry of blows, in February 2016, knocked the boy out. He never woke.

Before a packed Canberra court on Tuesday, where Bradyn's mother sat watching, Dillon, 39, stood with his hands gripped behind his back and pleaded guilty to murder. And five other violent crimes committed against his son over a period of months.
    Between December 2014 and February 2016, Dillon violently and repeatedly assaulted the boy, often as punishment for some real or imagined misbehaviour, such as stealing lollies.
    Dillon used his hands, fists and lit cigarettes to cause the boy broken bones, black eyes, burns, scars and bruises, the documents say.

The documents detail more than 70 separate bruises and cuts on the boy's body, from his head to his legs.

On some occasions, when Dillon was smoking in the bathtub, he called his son in and put the lit cigarette out on his skin.

Other times, Dillon would pick up Bradyn and throw him against the wall. He would assault Bradyn with a belt on his lower back.

He assaulted the boy's legs causing "dead legs". He would force Bradyn's head under the bath water so he couldn't breathe.

He would use two hands to grab the boy's throat and squeeze so tightly he couldn't breathe. The boy would pass out.

Around Christmas 2015, Dillon's violence escalated. He kept the boy inside constantly and the neighbours no longer saw him.

Dillon bashed the boy's head at least twice in two months, causing bruising and bleeding to his brain. Until a final assault on February 15 caused Bradyn's old brain injuries to bleed again.

About noon that day, Dillon had smacked the boy with a leather belt while he was bent over a table and then kicked him.

Dillon then bashed his son's head, hard enough to fracture teeth.

Bradyn fell unconscious and never woke.

"These aggregated brain injuries caused Bradyn's death on the evening of February 15, 2016," the documents say.

At the time he was arrested, Dillon weighed 70 kilograms and stood at 180 centimetres, while his son weighed about 25 kilograms.

While his son lay unconscious, Dillon took out his phone and Googled "what does it mean if someone is knock out how do you get them up".

He called a friend and said he did not know what to do, that Bradyn was making a "funny noise like he's got something on his chest, like he needs to cough".

Another Google search went "how to see if someone has a hole in there lung".

That afternoon, Dillon came and went from the house several times, once to sell an Xbox 360 for $20, to a neighbour in Bonner.

Triple-0 was called at 7.47pm, and Dillon was soon arrested.

There was cannabis, ice and amphetamine in Dillon's system when he was later admitted to jail, the documents say.

Blood-spatter stains were found throughout the house.

Bradyn's death prompted the ACT government to launch an inquiry, headed by the former director-general of the NSW Justice Department, Laurie Glanfield, and tasked with investigating systemic government failings in family violence and child protection.

The inquiry made 31 recommendations, many of which called for change within the ACT's Child and Youth Protection Services, including better sharing of information between agencies.

As well as murder, Dillon pleaded guilty on Tuesday to choking Bradyn and making him unconscious, to threatening to kill him, and recklessly and intentionally inflicting grievous bodily harm and one count of assault causing actual bodily harm.

Full article : http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...17-gxyaqe.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Thank you very much for coming here and relating that story, sincerely. It sounds as if you did a very good thing by getting away from a very bad situation, and it is absolutely heartbreaking that Bradyn wasn't so lucky.

My heart goes out to you, and to Bradyn's mother. Hopefully she is far removed now from this dangerous person.

I just wanna know how you kill your own child? HOW?

I can not fathom the kind of hate it takes to kill your own child. A child. 8 years old. Poor little guy never had a chance.

And what kind of middle aged vagina picks a fight with an 8 year old? You have got to be shitting me with this! Tattoos hide the body of a monster behind that chiseled face, and I'd personally like to beat his fuckin' ass until he begged me to stop. There's no cause for what he did. None.

Can we just cover this piece of shit in honey and drop him hundreds of miles from anything, far into the outback and just let him rot? That's too good for him, though.

Bless you for your attempts to make those kids safer. You may not have given birth to Bradyn, but you did exactly what any other mother would have done, and for that, you are a hero.

Welcome to mds.

I wish this story had a different ending, one that didn't see a child lose his life to someone who ranks lower to me than the shit on my lawn.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...04-p4zjcg.html

It was only Graham Stuart Dillon's plea of guilty to the murder of his son that saved him from a life sentence.

So heinous were his crimes against 9-year-old Bradyn.

Instead, Justice John Burns sentenced the Canberra man on Monday to 36 years in jail for the boy's murder, and a total of 41 years for the whole of the beatings doled out to the boy and others.

Dillon's conduct towards his son, the judge said, could "aptly be described as torture".

"The truth is that the particular acts which caused Bradyn?s death were not isolated or out of character," Justice Burns said.

"Those acts were simply the culmination of a brutal process of torture of Bradyn that you engaged in over many months."

Dillon, 40, pleaded guilty in the ACT Supreme Court last year to murdering Bradyn.

The court heard how Dillon used his fists, lit cigarettes and belts to beat the boy repeatedly for months.

Dillon bashed the boy's head at least twice in the space of two months, causing bruising and bleeding to his brain. A final assault in February 2016 knocked the boy out and caused his old injuries to bleed again.

On that day, February 15, Dillon told the boy to bend over a marble coffee table while he beat him with a belt.

He kicked Bradyn in the abdomen, and then landed another flurry of blows, before the boy fell unconscious.

He never woke up.

The court heard it was the aggregated brain injuries that caused Bradyn's death.

Dillon never called for help, instead spending the afternoon while his son lay unconcious visiting the supermarket and selling an Xbox 360 to a neighbour.

He Googled "what does it mean if someone is knock out how do you get them up".

When police and paramedics eventually arrived, they found blood-spatter stains across the house.

His body was covered in more than 80 separate bruises, lacerations, as well as cigarette burns from where Dillon had put a lit cigarette out on the boy's skin.

He had broken bones, chipped teeth and scars.

In scathing sentencing remarks delivered in the ACT Supreme Court on Monday, Justice John Burns said the only reason the Dillon did not receive a life sentence was his plea of guilty.

He said the community benefits from a guilty plea, and if that was not recognised with a reduction in sentence, there would be less incentive for guilty offenders to plead guilty.

The man's beatings of the 9-year-old boy were brutal, cowardly and callous, the judge said.

He referred more than once to Dillon's "torture" of his son.

And Justice Burns said the man had behaved "despicably", lying about the boy's behaviour and attempting to minimise his responsibilty.

As the judge delivered his sentence for the murder, Bradyn's mother Rachel Jones and Bradyn's family and friends erupted with sounds of relief, and cried out the word "yes".

Dillon, in a grey prison tracksuit, did not react.

He was handcuffed and led away by corrections officers.

Speaking outside court, Ms Jones said there was no comprehending the abuse Dillon inflicted on Bradyn.

"No sentence that could have been handed down today against this vicious and cowardly predator could ever give me satisfaction," she told the waiting media.

"We have lost our little boy in the most callous and brutal ways, nothing will give Bradyn his life back or bring him home to me and his siblings."

Ms Jones said a lot of people had failed Bradyn, who she remembered as a loving, caring boy, who "gave his everything to make sure everyone else was happy around him".

Dillon was also sentenced on Monday for violent assaults on a woman between 2011 and 2013, including throwing a knife into her knee, attacking her with a hammer and threatening to slit her throat.

The judge set a non-parole term of 32 years.

Dillon will be eligible for parole in February 2048, when he is 69.

Thread Information