Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tara Turner (31) was found dead in a creek a month after she went missing

Tara Turner (31) was found dead in a creek a month after she went missing

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-16-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Her FB page indicates she was married in August 2015 ~ so I guess she was separated?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...friends.search

Looks like this is who she married.

And days before the wedding, posted this:https://www.facebook.com/MANDATORY/p...type=3&theater

Hopefully not an ironic (sick) twist.

https://www.facebook.com/jessicaturnerrapier/photos

Her sister's fb. Talking a little bit about her missing in comments on some of the photos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735751976643837/

Here is the Bring Tara Turner FB Page

I wonder why there has been no searches or police involvement in finding her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder why there has been no searches or police involvement in finding her?
    I think LE is not even sure where to start, which doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think LE is not even sure where to start, which doesn't bode well.
    That makes sense. I was thinking she was last seen at the market, but that was according to her asshole ex

Unless she works at the marketplace, it makes no sense for somebody to drop her off there. There is nothing around that store at all.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Apparently the person who dropped her off, her ex-boyfriend, is known as "Moose". That is the name I keep seeing mentioned on FB.

Here is a Topix discussion from 2010-2012 about her:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/falm...K13CRL65JJV1PE

http://www.wlwt.com/news/family-of-m...-case/38007476

Nothing really new, but family now offering a reward.

Family of missing Pendleton County mom offering $10K reward in her case

?Every one of us has cried every day, every day,? Tara Turner?s sister, Jessica Turner Rapier said. ?I mean, 15 days, there?s no way my sister would do this. She?s either being held against her will or she?s dead.?
    Turner has been missing since Jan. 31. She was last reported to be seen near the California Market on the AA.

?The feeling that we have is that it hurts because the feeling have is that she?s not alive,? said another of Tara?s sisters Trish Weaver.

Turner?s family gathered Monday at Howard?s Restaurant in Falmouth and peeled back layers of theories on what could have happened to her.

Tara Turner?s mother, Jane Turner, wiped tears away.

?Somewhere somebody knows where my baby is, somebody does,? she said.
    Pendleton County Sheriff Craig Peoples said even though he has limited resources, he has deputies working on the case every day.

The Falmouth Dollar Market is the last place investigators believe they can positively place Turner.

A check of security footage at the California Marketplace turned up nothing.

It was the same at every place investigators checked leads, from Falmouth to Dearborn County, Indiana.

?In other cases, like burglaries, we have other things we can follow up with, but on a missing person?s case, once the case go cold you almost don?t have anything until someone comes forward and we?re almost at that point I think,? Peoples said.

That?s why Turner?s family has started a Facebook page, ?Bring Tara Turner Home? and pooled money to offer the $10,000 reward.

?Maybe the money will sit on their mind and give them that want to come and let us know what they know,? Weaver said.
    ?When somebody thinks they may know something and don?t want to come forward, they need to think about, what if it was their sister or their daughter or their mother or their best friend,? said Tara?s cousin Laura Drayer.

Tara Turner is white and 31 years old. She is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, weighs about 110 pounds and has long dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who may know of the whereabouts of Tara Turner should contact the Pendleton County Dispatch Center at 859-654-3300.

Sad. It sounds like they know she is probably dead and who did it.

Jessica Turner Rapier She was at my house Sunday the 31st at 10:30am
    Like ? 1 ? February 15 at 11:11pm
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen And then she left saying she was going where?
    Like ? 1 ? February 15 at 11:11pm
    Angela Drayer Miller
    Angela Drayer Miller Have they approved the supena yet momma hasn't told me much I had the girls with me she wouldn't talk much I heard it's still waiting approval
    Like ? 1 ? February 15 at 11:12pm ? Edited
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen Jennifer Hull good idea with this post. I don't know this family either, but will help anyway I can.
    Like ? 3 ? February 15 at 11:12pm
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier Said she was going up north had to be there by 1130 couldn't be late
    Like ? February 15 at 11:14pm
    Hide 16 Replies
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen What time was she spotted at California Market? Who spotted her?
    What kind of car was she in?
    Like ? February 15 at 11:16pm
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier Video surveillance shows she was never at California marketplace
    Like ? February 15 at 11:17pm
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen Where did that info come from that she was there? That's strange.
    Did she leave in her car or with her bf in his car?
    Like ? February 15 at 11:19pm ? Edited
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier Info came from the boyfriend who said that's where the drop off point was
    Like ? February 15 at 11:20pm
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen Seems like they would be checking the car she was in for further clues.
    Like ? 2 ? February 15 at 11:20pm
    Nikki Lynn Steffen
    Nikki Lynn Steffen Jessica Turner Rapier oh wow.
    Like ? February 15 at 11:20pm
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier That was just over the weekend. Just a matter of waiting for forensics
    Like ? 5 ? February 15 at 11:21pm
    Kelli Helton
    Kelli Helton Hope they figure it out...not knowing is the hardest part Im sure
    Like ? 1 ? February 15 at 11:25pm
    Megan Thompson
    Megan Thompson If she said she was going north, I would check the cameras at BB'S and McDonald's. See if they headed north on 27. I think you guys might have been searching the wrong area.
    Like ? February 16 at 10:04pm
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier There's nothing
    Like ? February 16 at 10:05pm
    Megan Thompson
    Megan Thompson I think you need to search within a 50 min drive north of Falmouth.
    Like ? February 16 at 10:27pm
    Megan Thompson
    Megan Thompson She might have meant north of her house though.
    Like ? February 16 at 10:31pm
    Jessica Turner Rapier
    Jessica Turner Rapier Didn't matter no proof she was anywhere. It's like she vanish
    Like ? February 16 at 10:40pm
    Megan Thompson
    Megan Thompson If she had to be there at a certain time, she was meeting someone. I wonder why no one has come forward to say that she never showed up.
    Like ? February 16 at 11:23pm
    Megan Thompson
    Megan Thompson Unless, of course, she did show up.
    Like ? 1 ? February 16 at 11:25pm

This is so sad. Clearly, she is well loved. What a horrific situation for her family.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I try to check on Tara's story every morning. Still no sign of her.

I found this article which says this
    Peoples said his agency has yet to conduct a search for the missing woman.
    "As far as any formal search, we've not done any of that because there's not a definite location of where to start," the sheriff said. "If a search group wants to, they're more than welcome to."
    "Dumbfounded" is how Dan Turner described the lack of involvement by the sheriff's office in search efforts.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c3c550506616
    I found Equusearch and this is what was said on their facebook page
    Texas Equusearch Ohio Chapter Our director contacted the sheriff this morning. They are not requesting our assistance at this time.
    Prayers and strength to Tara's family and friends.
    Like ? Reply ? February 12 at 9:37am
    https://www.facebook.com/texasequuse...18727794892338

This really pisses me off. If professionals are willing to donate their time and equipment, why wouldn't the police dept approve it?

The family has confirmed a body found is that of Tara Turner.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735...43837/?fref=nf

So very sad. Here is what was posted via the link Mari shared.

Okay to all family, friends & all others that have followed this group for my cousin Tara Turner. Yes, unfortunately the body that was found on Sunday, February 28, 2016 was Tara's. Thank you to everyone that has helped search, shared , thoughts & prayers, & everything that has been done. Our family greatly appreciates everything. At this time we need prayers for justice for my beautiful cousin Tara Nicole Turner. R.I.P Cuz. I love you

They have now changed the name of the FB page to "Justice for Tara Turner".

Apparently police have 2 "persons of interest" in her case.

Tara Turner: Body of missing NKY woman found, family says
    Police have ID'd two persons of interest

FOSTER, Ky. – Police investigating the death of a Northern Kentucky woman who went missing last month say they have identified two persons of interest in the case.

Tara Turner's family confirmed that her body was found Sunday night in Snag Creek in Bracken County. It was left to Turner's father to tell her two kids.

"The youngest child was asking me every morning when I'd go to work, 'Papa, are you going to bring my mommy home today,' and that hurt me worse than anything," Dan Turner said. "But I broke the news to her this morning and I just got kind of a blank look on her face. She knew her mommy wasn't coming home, but she was hoping for the best."

Turner's father said he went to the scene Sunday night and helped police identify her by describing two of her tattoos. The 31-year-old from Falmouth disappeared Jan 31.

Kentucky State Police confirmed that a body was pulled from the creek near a bridge in the Foster area after fishermen spotted it about 6:30 p.m. Sunday. KSP said it was waiting for the coroner to release positive identification.

Officials said they interviewed Turner's last known acquaintances and watched videos of places she may have last visited before she went missing. At the time, deputies said they did not suspect foul play.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/region-nort...rom-snag-creek

If they could identify her tattoos hopefully her body was in decent shape, and they will be able to tell how she died. I know water speeds up decomp, but hopefully the cold temps help preserve the body.

RIP Tara I hope you get justice

I'm so sad to hear this news.
    I know all murders are senseless, but I have a feeling this is going to be one of those super stupid senseless murders. Probably an ex who decided "if I can't have her" or somebody decided to rob her of whatever money she had. We'll most likely find out they killed her for $20 bucks or something.

I feel terrible for her kids.

Melissa Munyon wabbitsan • 20 hours ago
    I took my sons fishing for the first time along with my daughter & her friends . My kids are very traumatized .. We came across the body ... Our condolences & prayers go out to the family . Now she can be laid to rest & the family can have some closure .. Rip Tara

comments in the paper
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/sources-bod...woman/38246034

Wow ~ I can imagine the those boys are indeed traumatized to have been out fishing with their mom and then come across Tara's body. Poor things.

FOSTER, Ky. – Tara Turner's father says his daughter was murdered and he knows who did it.

"Absolutely! There's no doubt in my mind. We know who did it. We just can't prove it," Dan Turner said after his missing daughter's body was recovered from Snag Creek in Bracken County Sunday night.

"The person that she was with had given three different stories where he dropped her off within two or three days of her disappearance. We know that he's got something to do with it. It's just a matter of proving it.
    Authorities say they have identified two persons of interest in the case, but no other information has been released. They haven't said how she died. The 31-year-old mother of three from Falmouth went missing on Jan. 31.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/region-nort...rom-snag-creek

Tara Nichole Turner (31) of Falmouth, KY was found Sunday, February 28, 2016. She was born in Cincinnati, OH on November 18, 1984, daughter of the Dan and Jane Anderson Turner. Tara was the Secretary for Farm Tire Service LLC in Falmouth, KY and a member of WOOOOOSAAAAAAA B***hes Club. She enjoyed spending time with her children, taking them fishing and outdoor activities with all her family. She was beloved by her nieces and nephews who called her "Nana". Tara is preceded in death by daughter Mya Kiskaden. She is survived by: Parents Dan and Jane Anderson Turner, Husband Mack Renton, Children Ricky Turner, Billie Turner, Olivia Kiskaden, Brother Daniel Turner, Sisters Jessica Rapier, Tish Weaver, several nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held from 11-2 pm, Saturday, March 5, 2016 at the Peoples Funeral Home in Falmouth, KY. Funeral service will immediately follow at 2 pm, also at the funeral home. Graveside service will be held 3:30 Sunday March 6, 2016 at Terrill Cemetery in Woodbine, KY, under the direction of Peoples Funeral Home. Online condolences can be submitted at www.peoplesfuneralhomes.com

It was her ex-boyfriend "Moose" who dropped her off. I think I saw where someone mentioned his real name. I will have to look again for that.

Apparently his name is Michael Whitt. Her sister shared that is who "Moose" is on the Justice page they have for her.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 03-04-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information