Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two female backpackers kidnapped & brutalised at Coorong national park in South Australia. 59 year old Adelaide man charged.

Two female backpackers kidnapped & brutalised at Coorong national park in South Australia. 59 year old Adelaide man charged.

Fucking tool. They must have been terrified.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...rriage/7158732

Coorong backpackers kidnap, rape accused wrote online about looking for marriage

Man accused of atrocities at Salt Creek

PHOTO A Facebook photo of the accused man, who faced court via video link on Wednesday where bail was refused.
    FACEBOOK

An Adelaide man accused of kidnapping and raping two foreign backpackers at a campsite in a national park wrote online that he was looking for a woman who was ready for marriage.

Key points:
    One of two backpackers released from Flinders Medical Centre
    Second backpacker remains in hospital
    Accused maintains multiple online profiles
    Alleged victims were travelling interstate with accused
    The accused man has several Facebook accounts and a dating profile where he describes himself as "respectful to women", saying he wants one with a good or athletic body shape, and that he likes walks on the beach, boating, fishing and camping.

One of the two backpackers allegedly kidnapped and raped at Coorong National Park, south-east of Adelaide, has now been discharged from hospital.

The women in their early 20s were at an isolated campsite at Salt Creek on Tuesday when the 59-year-old-man allegedly attacked them.

The second backpacker remains in Flinders Medical Centre in a stable condition.

The accused man faced court on Wednesday charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, engaging in sexual intercourse without consent and causing serious harm.

There is a suppression order on his identify and any information that could identify him.

One of the accused man's Facebook accounts has photographs of him camping at Salt Creek, a remote area of the Coorong popular with fisherman and off-road vehicle owners.

The campsite where the alleged crimes occurred was reportedly set up quite some distance from the beach entrance.

The women allegedly were travelling interstate with the accused attacker.

Family of the accused man are struggling to come to terms with his arrest.

"It shocking, shocking news ... dreadful for me, it is dreadful," one relative said.

Campsite at Salt Creek
    PHOTO The campsite where two female backpackers were allegedly assaulted and kidnapped at Salt Creek.

ABC NEWS
    Superintendent James Blandford said the two women had been driving "with a newly acquainted person" and "effectively found themselves in a situation that has turned out to be scary and physically bad for them".

"One of the victims was able to run away and came across some people fishing in the area," he said.

"They were able to comfort and secure her and make a call to the police.

"Given the nature of the charges, [the alleged victims'] situation was obviously very dire and they were somewhat distressed."

Lawyers for the accused had requested home detention but the application was withdrawn on Wednesday after Magistrate Paul Foley said he would need persuading given the serious nature of the charges.

Coorong District Council Mayor Neville Jaensch said the community was shocked by the alleged attacks.

"We regard the Coorong as a very safe area," he said.

"We think of it as the Kakadu of South Australia, quite frankly, and it is a tragedy.

"The heroes in this are the young men and other community members who rallied when they were needed and they did everything right."

Police praised witnesses and members of the public who helped them find and arrest the accused man from a nearby site to the alleged crime scene.

Aerial view of the Salt Creek campsite
    PHOTO An aerial view of the Salt Creek campsite where the alleged crimes happened.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    How terrible!

People on Facebook have already identified the suspect...and he does seem rather creepy indeed. Those poor girls. Per reports they were truly brutalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    People on Facebook have already identified the suspect...and he does seem rather creepy indeed. Those poor girls. Per reports they were truly brutalized.
    link? name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

He was already under investigation for something & he's been going to Salt Creek for 30 yrs. They've formed a taskforce because they think there might be bodies out there. No point us looking at the "official mis pers" list because they don't list every missing person.

South Australian police have set up a task force to investigate if the man accused of sexually assaulting two foreign backpackers on a remote beach is responsible for other crimes.

A 59-year-old Adelaide man has been charged with the kidnapping, rape and attempted murder of the pair, who cannot be identified but are believed to be aged in their 20s.

Task Force Coorong was established during crisis talks between South Australian tourism authorities and backpacker hostel and tour operators to address the fallout of the attacks.

Twelve investigators and intelligence officers will make up the task force, Police Acting Superintendent Trent Cox said.

He said investigations were ongoing and while officers are not looking at other suspects they are "following every avenue of inquiry".

The women were camping at Salt Creek in Coorong National Park when the attack occurred about 6pm on Tuesday night, police said.

Witnesses said one of the women ran screaming and crying to nearby fishermen for help and was naked and bloodied.

Camper Josh Harris saw the woman, who was possibly hit with a hammer, as her rescuers brought her to a roadhouse at Salt Creek.

"At first I thought it was mud on her face. As she walked, supported by people, blood was all over her," he told AAP.

"The guys who dropped her off were in shock. She'd said her attacker was going to kill her."

Mr Harris said the second woman caught up in the attack seemed "okay physically".

"She was holding a pillow to her head but was running around saying 'where is she? I need to see her. She saved my life'.

"It was horrific. It was like something from a movie. It was Storm Boy turned into Wolf Creek."

The women were airlifted to Flinders Medical Centre with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

A short time later, police arrested the 59-year-old man at a nearby campsite.

The man accused of the attacks has several online profiles, including a dating profile that states he is looking for a future wife, The Advertiser has reported.

The profile stated that he is "respectful to women", and was looking for a future wife as well as to meet girls aged 22 to 56 for dating, friendship and serious relationships.

In the Adelaide Magistrates Court, the accused man was dressed in a white hospital gown and made no comment during the video link appearance from Murray Bridge.

His lawyer considered a bail application but withdrew it after the magistrate said he would need considerable convincing based on the seriousness of the charges.

He was formally refused bail and will appear in court on April 18.
    Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...e4luoHEk2M4.99

Apparently someone got footage of the arrest?? Linked in this article

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/30782...n-bush/?cmp=fb
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    link? name?
    I think it is a law there to not disclose so if that is the case and MDS wants it removed, then please feel free to do so.

His name is Roman Heinze and he has a couple of FB pages including:

https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.3
    https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.52

There is also a dating website he has a page on:

https://www.dateinasia.com/roman+heinze

He's lived in QLD, the NT, Germany & WA as well as South Aus since 1976. They're going to have a lot of mis pers to cover. A couple of old one's from South Aus that stand out are these ones

Stella lived near a South Aus beach, the suspect has a long, long history of fishing trips dating at least from the 70s

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/mis...0mary%20-%20sa

FARRUGIA, Stella Mary
    Personal Details
    Missing since:
    Thursday, 18 October 1984
    Henley Beach SA
    Jurisdiction:
    South Australia
    Year of birth:
    Height:
    154 cm
    Build:
    Average
    Eyes:
    Brown
    Hair:
    Straight Golden Brown
    Complexion:
    Olive

Circumstances
    On Thursday 18 October 1984, Stella Farrugia, aged 18 years, was reported missing by her boyfriend. He said that he last saw her at her home address on Seaview Road, Henley Beach, the day before, on Wednesday 17 October 1984.

Stella’s boyfriend had only moved in with her a few weeks earlier after she broke up with, and evicted, her ex-boyfriend for hitting her.

Stella was described as outgoing with lots of personality, kind, generous and easily led by others. She left behind all her clothing, her dog, and her bank account was untouched. She has also made no contact with her family despite being close to them.

Stella’s disappearance remains unsolved and her current whereabouts are unknown.

Police suspect she has been murdered
    Michaela went missing 2 years earlier from an Adelaide suburb, her family is German too. I don't know where the suspect grew up in Adelaide but is the German comnunity there is anything like Sydneythere's a possibility the families knew each other socially.

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/mis...haela%20-%20sa

GODAU, Michaela
    Personal Details
    Missing since:
    Sunday, 19 December 1982
    Elizabeth Field SA
    Jurisdiction:
    South Australia
    Year of birth:
    Hair:
    Dark Brown
    Complexion:
    Fair

Circumstances
    Michaela Godau was born in Germany in April 1967. She migrated to Australia in November 1981 with her mother, step-father and brother. They lived at Walpole Street, Davoren Park, together until her mother returned to work in Germany in July 1982. Michaela, her step-father and brother remained in Adelaide.

Michaela was last seen going to bed at about 10.00 p.m. on Sunday, 19 December 1982 at the family home in Elizabeth Field. She was gone the following morning, and at 5.35 p.m. her step-father reported her missing. Cash, Michaela's passport, and some of her personal items were also missing.

She was aged 15 at the time of her disappearance. She has not been seen since.

Police suspect she has been murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I think it is a law there to not disclose so if that is the case and MDS wants it removed, then please feel free to do so.

His name is Roman Heinze and he has a couple of FB pages including:

https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.3
    https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.52

There is also a dating website he has a page on:https://www.dateinasia.com/roman+heinze
    That doesnt mean anything. Im on that dating site too, and Ive got multiple FB profiles. And I'm not creepy.

All of his FB friends are hot chicks, so it couldnt be him. Cooorrr, how about the Brazilian one!

Mind you one of his FB friends, Bobbie Bunting, has the same surname as the Snowtown serial killer. Food for conspiratorial thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by coniferous View Post
    That doesnt mean anything. Im on that dating site too, and Ive got multiple FB profiles. And I'm not creepy.

All of his FB friends are hot chicks, so it couldnt be him. Cooorrr, how about the Brazilian one!

Mind you one of his FB friends, Bobbie Bunting, has the same surname as the Snowtown serial killer. Food for conspiratorial thought.....
    What?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...ac5471e74c7a54

Calum Robertson
    POLICE have now received 26 reports to a dedicated task force probing the background of a man charged over a terrifying sex attack on two backpackers on a remote Coorong beach.

Taskforce Coorong, a dedicated team of 12 officers, was set up following the alleged attack on two female backpackers on remote Tea Tree Point beach last Tuesday evening.

A southern suburbs man, aged in his 50s, has been charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and assault causing serious harm in relation to the horror incident.

The taskforce is investigating the incident, its broader circumstances and also the background of the alleged attacker.

Police on Monday revealed that the taskforce had received 26 reports since it was set up on Thursday.

The victims, a Brazilian and a German woman both aged in their 20s, have now provided statements to police

Fascinating..

The man really does bear a striking resemblance to Milat.

The brutality of the abduction and attack and just the sheer level of sexual fuelled violence that was perpetrated on these two girls does not bode well in my mind. I think he had every intention of killing those girls that day and I don't believe for one moment that this was just a one-off anomalous incident. A 59 year old transient who lives under the radar with his father?

Yeah, I would not be surprised if this guy ends up having a very long and dark history.

blighted . . . do you have a source for the information you provided about the known states this guy has resided in around Australia? I am curious . . . particularly in regards to where and in what time period he was allegedly in W.A.

Are the backpackers still in Australia? Last I heard, one girl had been released and one was still in hospital with serious injuries albeit in stable condition.

It's weird, in the photos of him as a much younger man, he is seriously, seriously familiar. He must look like someone I once knew because NSW is one of the few places he doesn't seem to have been.

Also, the media have gone very quiet on him - a bit odd when you consider the raging press feeding frenzy over the woman who was only questioned in relation to Karlie & Khandalyce (there's a thread for them here if anyone hasn't heard of them).

Also, it's been said before but damn he looks like Tom Selleck. It's like Magnum PI went rogue.

omfg.

He literally IS Tom Selleck.

There would seem to be a large number of unsolved missing persons cases and violent homicides in each state with a potentially similar links IMO . . . particularly from 1980 and through the 1990's. Actually, there seems to be something of a spike in missing persons and unsolved murders during this era (particularly W.A and NSW) and I note many of those still on the missing / unsolved murder list were indeed backpackers. There is certainly enough similarities between some cases for the word 'serial killer' to start getting thrown around for discussion. Personally, I think Australia has had more than one serial killer operating at any given time but it is becoming increasingly confusing to delineate who is responsible for which backpacker abduction / murder.

This current case has me so intrigued. Like you said, given the horrific details of this crime, I am very curious as to why the media isn't crawling all over it in typical sensationalist fashion. From what I have seen, very little in terms of specifics has been released other than unverified allegations that both girls were abducted, tied up and sexually assaulted, that one girl was beaten across the head with some sort of implement and sustained quite horrendous cranial injuries and the other was run over. Obviously it will become a criminal court matter and the press may be gagged in their ability to report in the interim but I do think that behind the silence there is a flurry of activity going on behind the scenes for LE.

Has there been independent clarification that this Roman Heinze fellow is a positive ID?

Your first post got me thinking, Ivan has always strongly protested his innocence & insists someone in, or close to his family set him up. I've never taken any of the Milat conspiracy theories seriously but I have to admit that I just went looking for the Backpacker Killer police sketches to compare them to this guy. I can't find anything though & I swear there was one from the Paul Onions attempted abduction??

Oh, & I got the states off his facebook.

Edit - which have now been taken down. For the record they were "lived in" or "moved to" status updates dating from the 70s/80s onward. From memory they all covered months or years so it's possible he has been to other states too but only recorded the states where he had a permanent address
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-22-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Gumtree is kind of the shitty Australian version of Craigslist. & there's more detail on the suppression orders here - basically, except for our very few South Aus members, we're all cool to post whatever

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...5785839dd28566

THE accused South Australian backpacker sex predator met his alleged female victims on popular trading website Gumtree after they advertised to be driven interstate.

The Advertiser can reveal the Brazilian and German backpackers posted separate adverts on Gumtree’s ride-share service asking for a driver to take them from Adelaide to Melbourne.

The information can be revealed despite a magistrate on Monday maintaining aspects of one of the most restrictive suppression orders in recent legal history.

Police will allege the accused man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, answered the internet advertisements before driving the pair to the Coorong, where the attacks occurred.

The details can be reported for the first time after media organisations, including The Advertiser, successfully argued against the suppression orders.

While the orders were varied, South Australians are still banned from knowing anything that may identify the man accused of the February 9 attacks.

The Adelaide Magistrates Court heard how South Australia was known as the “suppression state” and that traditional media outlets were bound by any secrecy orders while publications interstate, and overseas were not.

On Monday, The Advertiser revealed how suppression orders had increased by almost 50 per cent in 12 months and surged to their highest number in six years.

Prosecutors warned that even pixelated social media images of the man could identify him and breach state law.

Images of his car, which was found near the attacks, or home remain protected.

The backpackers also cannot be identified under state law that protects alleged sex crime victims.

SA Police have revealed a task force is investigating the man’s past, fast-tracking DNA analysis and checking missing persons registers nationwide.

Authorities have returned to the area to conduct searches of nearby land and sand dunes.

Police and SES search near Salt Creek for further evidence of the alleged sexual and physical assault of the backpackers. Photo: Calum Robertson

A key focus has been a mobile phone owned by the Brazilian woman, who escaped her alleged assailant. She has since left the state.

The German woman accompanied detectives to the scene last week. She remains in a stable condition in the Flinders Medical Centre.

During Monday’s hearing, Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions Ian Press, SC, revealed fresh details about the police investigation but he successfully applied for those facts to remain secret.

He told the court the details were serious enough for him to consider making an application to the court “in a sealed envelope”.

He also dismissed criticisms about the orders. “(They) do not come anywhere near to blanket suppression orders. They are, in fact, specific,” he said.

The accused man, aged in his 50s and from Adelaide’s southern suburbs, listened intently via video link as arguments were put to Magistrate David Whittle, who expressed “surprise” over The Advertiser’s suppression order story.

The accused has yet to plead to charges of attempted murder, rape, aggravated cause serious harm and detaining a person to commit an indictable offence.

His lawyer, Wayne Carlin, failed in his bid to have even more restrictive orders over fears any publication of case material would identify his client.

The matter returns to court in April.

According to that article the suppression order is S.A only so ...

These links have a lot of the pix that were on the deleted fb, including some of the older ones from the 70s - which was nice of him to post because now even potential victims from 40 yrs ago might recognise him

http://www.wayn.com/waynphotos.html?...43189&member=0

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...2NHdOAGBo-M%3A

http://www.findmyfavouriteteacher.co...-jobs-S0016673

https://mobile.twitter.com/romanheinze1

Edit Sorry Trepid I missed your question about ID verification. There's been no official verification due to the suppression laws in SA but the guy who attacked these girls has been camping & fishing at Coorong for 20 yrs & is well known to locals so his name was being thrown around by shocked acquaintances before people knew it was supposed to be suppressed.

Also, the discussions re Milat have already started. I forgot there was a major age & height discrepancy between Milat & the guy Paul Onions described, everyone put it down to him being in shock. But in light of recent events it's interesting that he said the the guy with the "Merv Hughes moustsche" who held him at gunpoint was over 6ft tall...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...content_filter

(Disclaimer - this page ^ is run by Ivan Milat's nephew)
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-23-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Sorry about the multi-posting but shiiit, Ivan's nephew has some pretty interesting links & articles on his page I knew nothing about this -

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...78352079013220

Edit :
    This is a documentary made by Ivan Sen with Rhoda Roberts about the murder of her sister Lois.
    This happened not too far from the scene of the Bowraville murders & the disappearance of Rose Rain Howe - all involved north coast Indigenous victims

http://m.northernstar.com.au/news/ap...ill-out/14069/

Edit

Scroll down here to see a pretty horrifying missing & murdered list that a forum poster has compiled

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thread...llers.1048334/
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-23-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Missed this too

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30859824...rs-ago/?Cmp=fb

Police are now investigating similarities between last week's alleged kidnapping and attempted murder of two backpackers at Salt Creek and a notorious cold case murder in Tasmania from more than 20 years ago in a bombshell development in the investigation, Seven News can reveal.

The death of Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso in 1995 is one of Tasmania's most baffling unsolved crimes.

Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso. Photo: 7News
    Photo: 7News

The 20-year-old was stabbed in a frenzied attack on a lonely beach on the state's east coast.

She was found partially naked in the shallows with her attacker nowhere to be seen.

“Taskforce investigators are in touch regularly with our interstate colleagues and we're seeking their assistance and asking them to check records,” Inspector Trent Cox said.

The death of Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso in 1995 is one of Tasmania's most baffling unsolved crimes. Photo: 7News

SA police say there's no evidence to link the 59-year-old Morphett Vale man with any other crimes but Coorong taskforce detectives are leaving no stone unturned.

“Those records of any missing persons are currently being sourced and analysed,” Inspector Cox said.

Police returned to Salt Creek today carrying out the largest search yet of the sand dunes where the two backpackers were allegedly held captive nine days ago.

Officers on horseback and SES volunteers with metal detectors joined the search.

A mobile phone belonging to one victim remains missing.

Police won't say what else they're looking for.

The 23-year-old female German victim who remains in hospital was brought to the scene where she was allegedly held captive and raped to point out areas important to the case.

Police say the information she gave them was critical and helped determine where officers searched today.

Police aren't yet saying if they've found anything of interest.

(apologies again for the massive multipost)

Annnd sorry again

Found another profile, this one has some pretty interesting pix - interesting as in could that be a Ruger rifle in his gun collection? It's a long time since I laid eyes on one but it looks pretty similar

(some of the Backpacker Killer's victims were shot with a Ruger & Ivan Milat has always claimed the Ruger rifle parts found at his house were planted by police during a search).

Grr I had screenshots but the page won't load so I have to post the link instead. Scroll down & you'll see 2 pix of his guns. One is 2 pistols, the other is pistols & a rifle

http://m.vk.com/id302699454

Edit got Roman's rifle pic to work

Ruger 22 for comparison

Of course, if it is a Ruger, he could've just picked it up after the 90s in the hope his crimes would be blamed on the "mystery Milat accomplice".

Edit : couple of people who know him &/or his sons posting about him here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/co...urder_2_young/
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-24-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Yeah, I'm the only one posting in here but that's ok because I know this story is going to EXPLODE at some point.

There's a picture entitled "holiday in Tasmania" on one of his profiles which means he has to have been in Vic as well. That leaves only NSW but if he's been everywhere else, it stands to reason he's been here too.

This investigation is going to be the first one in history to involve every single major state & territory in Australia excluding Antarctica. Even the AFP will have to be involved because the ACT is inside NSW & there are a couple of decades old cases there as well.

Then there's the years he spent in Germany after Ivan Milat was arrested. Interpol are going to have to investigate multiple countries.

According to his soc media he came back to Australia in 2001 - the year British backpackers Joanne Lees & Pete Falconio were attacked by a man who was well over 6ft. Bradley Murdoch was eventually convicted for this attack with the media making continual reference to the rarity of men of his height. Like Ivan Milat, Murdoch has also protested his innocence & claimed evidence was planted - I never took him seriously either, after all, blokes who drive 4wd's across the Territory AND are over 6'5' AND attack international backpackers, aren't exactly common. But now we apparently have 2 in a population the size of Australia's & one of them also matches lots of Belanglo features.

Police are always saying there's no such thing as coincidence. Personally I disagree, coincidence does exist, but not usually in these giant quantities

While I'm in here though, his neighbours said there was quite a bit of unexplained police activity at his house even before Coorong & police announced the other investigations very quickly after his arrest - maybe this has something to do with it -

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...2554213940e0d9

Two of the cases mentoned there are Patricia Schmidt, murdered in 1971 at the age of 16. Roman was about 15 then & if he grew up around Morphett Vale he would've lived 10 mins from Patricia & might even have gone to school with her.

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/i...e-sa-1971.823/

There's also Lina Marciana murdered about 30 mins away in Wayville, SA in 1978. Lina was found wrapped in shower curtains that were manufactured in either West Germany or Belgium ie not sold in Australia.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/l...-1225773886920
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...9ae4202f91a912
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-27-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Very interesting, RBW. I am just now starting to read Milat's nephew's page.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 02-28-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Blighted, thanks for all the articles and links. I think this guy is a serial rapist/killer.

For anyone looking at that big missing/murdered list that I linked, the Belanglo victims disappeared in 89, 91 & early 92 so there's quite a few possibles before & after - but of course it all depends how long after Ivan's arrest it was that he left for Germany & whether he travelled back & forth before his final return in 2001 (I've been told he came back just one month before the Lees/Falconio abduction/murder.

There were a couple of male Heinze's on his fb profile who seemed to be around his age & resembled the guys in his old fishing/camping pictures. I don't know if they're brothers or cousins, or just happen to have the same name but I don't doubt that at some point there'll be finger-pointing just like there was at Ivan Milat's brothers & older nephews.

Thread Information