Thread: Titus Greyson Tackett (3) went missing and was found dead underneath a blanket, in a van

Titus Greyson Tackett (3) went missing and was found dead underneath a blanket, in a van

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...6c1909fa3.html

A missing 3-year-old boy who was the subject of a massive search overnight was found dead inside a van in Iron County, Mo.

Police found Titus Greyson Tackett, 3, dead at about 11 a.m. after someone saw him inside the van and flagged down a volunteer involved in the search, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol. His body was inside the van, covered by a blanket. The van was about a mile from the boy's home.

Authorities had searched overnight for Titus after his family told police they feared he had gotten outside and wandered away from a home near the Lake Killarney area of Arcadia Township. They told police they last saw the boy at about midnight Tuesday, and that he had been wearing only a diaper.

Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley told the Daily Journal Online that the boy's parents reportedly had run an errand at about midnight and left the child with a grandparent. They returned at about 1:30 a.m. to discover the door to the house open and the child missing, the sheriff said.

The patrol said an autopsy will be conducted, and the results of the autopsy will determine if any foul play was involved.

The temperatures hovered around 15 degrees at midnight, dropped to 14 degrees at 4 a.m. and, by sunrise, it was 17 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

The area is about 90 miles south of St. Louis.

Authorities had searched for the boy using a Highway Patrol helicopter with infrared radar, along with dogs and volunteers on the ground.

It makes sense that the grandparents were sleeping. It makes sense that he was in just a diaper, if I had to guess the house may have had a wood burning stove if it is in a rural area and the houses can get really hot at night.
    What doesn't make sense though is that he was a full mile down the road and already dead. It was cold but was it cold enough to kill him that quickly if he was in a van covered up?
    I can't find Mom or Dads FB page, I did find a friend but they don't seem to have anyone with that last name on their list.

That van is right by a house. A comment said that his body was covered fully by a blanket but I'm not sure if that is true or not.
    http://www.kmov.com/story/31186495/m...county-toddler

At first I thought maybe the van was unlocked, and he climbed into it to stay warm. I don't think he could have walked a full mile without any shoes on in the snow.

I have a couple of questions. Why was he not in bed at midnight? Why would he parents run errands then?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    At first I thought maybe the van was unlocked, and he climbed into it to stay warm. I don't think he could have walked a full mile without any shoes on in the snow.

I have a couple of questions. Why was he not in bed at midnight? Why would he parents run errands then?
    I don't think there was any snow, it was just cold.
    I need to look to see how rural this area is, if it is as rural as I think what was open at that time of night?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I think this is his mother's page. If so, her posting a selfie yesterday is odd considering what is going on with her baby missing.

https://www.facebook.com/amber.tackett.52?ref=br_rs

I found via a search his mom's name is Amber so I strongly believe that is her FB page. Therefore, I am going to share her selfie she posted yesterday in case her page goes private/shuts down. I just find it strange you post something like this when your son is missing.

Very odd selfie. Tho parents in these situations sometimes have a lapse with reality/ propriety and do stuff most people would find bizarre.

Per his aunt, the child was autistic.
    https://www.facebook.com/suzie.garrett.16/

Sad ☹️

That could explain why he was up at odd hours as well. Some people with autisum seem to hardly ever sleep.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I found via a search his mom's name is Amber so I strongly believe that is her FB page. Therefore, I am going to share her selfie she posted yesterday in case her page goes private/shuts down. I just find it strange you post something like this when your son is missing.

Ummm. Yeah, no. The selfie is not only weird, but highly inappropriate. Your baby Son is MISSING and you're smiling away taking selfies? What about posting something...I dunno....about him being MISSING! FFS.

By no means do I think she was involved, I think he wandered out, crawled in the van to get warm and died from the elements. But Mom has a screw loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

This woman is bat shit crazy if she thinks posting this picture was appropriate. No mother in their right mind would even think about doing something like this when their child is missing.

Something sounds pretty f'ed up in this story.

That is mom's facebook account above. This news articles uses one of her pictures of her and the boy.
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3...-van-near-home

From mom's facebook she says that she entered a new relationship on Jan 29.

I realize that lots of people have funky schedules, but I do question why anybody would drop a kid off at midnight and return at 1:30am. What the hell were you doing running the roads at that time?

Can a 3-year-old even open a van's doors?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

That is mom's facebook account above. This news articles uses one of her pictures of her and the boy.

I realize that lots of people have funky schedules, but I do question why anybody would drop a kid off at midnight and return at 1:30am. What the hell were you doing running the roads at that time?

I noticed her new relationship as well, Berm. I also question the ability of a 3-year old to travel a mile, find a van, open the door...climb in...lay down and cover himself up with a blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

A new relationship, hmmmm? Maybe her new love didn't want kids??? I posted this story because just on face value something didn't seem right, and I didn't even know these details. Now something really doesn't seem right to me.

I live in southern Missouri and I don't think there is snow anywhere on the ground in Missouri right now but I could be wrong I guess. My husband travels everyday more up north in MO and there's no snow on his route. I have an autistic 3 year old and I also question being able to open the van door. As for him wandering off, I've read they caught him before trying to escape out the door. Im reserving judgement on the mom. The pic is inappropriate but some people are just ignorant.

I've read a bunch of articles, and they all contradict each other.

This one says the grandparents were watching him at his house, while his mother went to go patch up things with her ex:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2528413

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Did we have this info yet?

Coroner ruled C.O.D hypothermia

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/31186599...c&sf20766345=1

I got that link on a fb page that was set up for the search

https://m.facebook.com/Help-Find-Tit...urce=typeahead

Looks like there is no foul play suspected.
    From this article, I guess the little boy was a firecracker. It Looks like he knew how to open doors and even start/drive ATV's by his self.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/02/...f-hypothermia/

Thread Information