Thread: Pic of slain baby in Mexico sparks outrage

Pic of slain baby in Mexico sparks outrage

Truly horrible. ..warning this is a picture of a baby and parents
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/photo-slain-baby-dead-family-mexico-sets-outrage-article-1.2520733

WARNING: Pic of slain baby in Mexico sparks outrage
    ALFRED NG
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Today, 9:18 PM ET facebook
    Tweet

email
    A memorial for a murdered baby in Pinotepa, Mexico. The child's death was compared to Alan Kurdi, who died fleeing violence in Syria.FACEBOOK
    A memorial for a murdered baby in Pinotepa, Mexico. The child's death was compared to Alan Kurdi, who died fleeing violence in Syria.
    This photo from Mexico is tearing hearts across the country, the world and the Internet.

The haunting image of a dead 7-month-old baby lying in the arms of his slain parents after gunfire erupted in the Mexican state of Oaxaca is being compared to the chilling image of a Syrian child who drowned while trying to escape to Turkey.

24 MEMBERS OF EL CHAPO'S SINALOA DRUG CARTEL ARRESTED

The baby, not even a year old, was killed in a deadly shootout. His father, 24-year-old Juan Alberto Pano Colon was carrying him with his mother, Alba Isabel Colon, 17, on Jan. 31. The ruthless gunmen opened fire over a drug beef, killing the family at the scene.

The cold-blooded killing stemmed from a gang war that has engulfed the area, the Oaxaca State Attorney?s office said.

?A rival drug gang from [the neighboring state of] Guerrero located them and had them riddled with bullets,? prosecutors told CNN.

Just a day after the shooting, four people were arrested in connection with the innocent baby?s brutal death.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW

A photo of this 7-month-old baby lying dead on a sidewalk between his slain parents caused outrage in Mexico.OAXACA STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
    A photo of this 7-month-old baby lying dead on a sidewalk between his slain parents caused outrage in Mexico.
    The disturbing image has sparked outrage across the Internet against the country?s endless gang violence in the country, which has claimed the lives of tens of thousands of victims.

On the Facebook page ?Solo Acapulco,? the horrifying photo was uploaded with this caption:

?Do you remember the Syrian boy? Do you remember how you became indignant and put a flag on Facebook? This is what happens in Mexico, to be precise in Pinotepa Oaxaca, where drug violence killed this family, including this little 7-months-old angel.?

For many, the photo was as troubling as the picture of 3-year-old Alan Kurdi, who drowned when his family tried escaping war-torn Syria.

In the same way that Kurdi became a haunting symbol of the suffering that Syrian refugees endured, viewers hope the photo of the dead child in Mexico will have a similar effect.

Baby slain over drugs. Horrible.

Yet people seem to not want to understand why people flee Mexico. If this was happening here and I had anyway out to protect my kids, I'd take it, legal or not.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little baby.

There is so much pain in the World I can't

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

I now read the parents were selling drugs and targetef by rival gang.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Thread Information