Thread: Leah Harris - 7 January 2016

Leah Harris - 7 January 2016

https://www.facebook.com/leah.r.harris.5

CROSS PLAINS- Leah Rose-Ann Harris, age 30 of Mazomanie died unexpectedly on Thursday January 7th 2016. She was born November 5th 1985, in Bryan Ohio to Dennis Harris and Rebecca Anderson. She is survived by her mother Rebecca Anderson, Soldiers Grove; brother Justin (Nichole)Harris and their children, Brayden and Aubrey Harris, Oregon; Grandparents Leah (Gaylord) Anderson, Soldiers Grove; Aunt, Anna Marie (Brad)Beeman , Sheboygan; uncles, Mark (Susan) Anderson, Lone Rock, Steven (Shelley) Anderson, Richland Center and Andrew (Jody) Anderson , Bangor; a special man in her life, Ben Buckeridge and his two sons Devan and Dylan, Mazomanie; many cousins and friends. Leah was preceded in death by her oldest brother Edward "Eddie" Harris and a sister Meleney Harris. Funeral services will be held at GUNDERSON FUNERAL HOME. 2421 Church St., Cross Plains at Noon on Sat. Jan., 16, 2016. Visitation will be from 10 AM until the time of the services at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family. Online condolences may be made at www.gundersonfh.com.

Her brother's memorial - https://www.facebook.com/eddie.harris.3304

A woman accused of helping her boyfriend and another man plot a marijuana heist that ended with three people dead has been charged with two felonies.

Erin Van Epps, 23, of Dodgeville, faces theft and felony burglary charges with modifiers tied to using a dangerous weapon. The charges came Tuesday after five months of investigation by state Justice Department agents.

The complaint contains a six-page statement by Van Epps in which she describes the attempted heist and claims to have warned the men against trying it.

According to the complaint, Van Epps, her 29-year-old boyfriend, Jaeson Shepard, of Dodgeville, and 24-year-old Eddie Harris, of Mount Horeb, drove to Bradley and Jeanna Fandrich's home south of Blanchardville on March 16. Shepard had talked about stealing marijuana from the house and storing it at Harris' home.

The lights were on in one room, prompting Van Epps to suggest abandoning the plan, according to the complaint and her statement.

"But Eddie said he wanted to do it," Van Epps said in her statement.

Harris armed himself with a shotgun and kicked in the door.

"They went into the house screaming, 'Get on the floor, we have (a warrant) to search, Lafayette County Sheriff's,'" Van Epps wrote.

Brad Fandrich appeared and started shooting, hitting Harris. Van Epps ran outside to the trio's vehicle. She waited, listening to more gunshots. Harris and Shepard were both shot to death.

Fandrich then came onto the porch and starting shooting at her, Van Epps said. She drove off to Blanchardville.

Sheriff's deputies arrived at the house. Fandrich was explaining a cache of weapons and prescription drugs to a detective when pulled a small handgun from his pants and shot himself in the head. He died before an ambulance could arrive.

Investigators found a marijuana growing operation in a hidden room in Fandrich's basement.

Van Epps turned herself in a day after the shootings. She is due to appear in court Aug. 28.

It's weird because both Leah and her living brother Justin are friends with this Meleney Harris, who was from Alabama and died from cancer in 2013. But if she is their sister, none of the family in the obituary match? Unless she was adopted out or something. But still had the same last name? If it's not her, what are the odds that someone called Meleney Harris is friends with the two dead Harris' but isn't the sister in the obit? Am I making sense lol?

https://www.facebook.com/meleney.harris

Meleney Jean Harris, 20, of Foley passed away Aug. 13, 2013.
    She is survived by her mother and father, Kim and Tim Hruby of Elberta; fianc?, Daniel McWatters of Foley; two sisters, Alicia Harris of Tomah ,Wis. and Kristina Knapp of Daytona Beach, Fla.; one brother, David Eisenbrandt of Terre Haute, Ind.; grandfather, Gerald (Joan) Brown of Richland Center, Wis.; numerous nieces and nephews.
    Funeral services for Ms. Harris will be Friday, Aug. 16, 2013, at 11 a.m., from Foley United Methodist Church, with interment to follow in the Elberta Public Cemetery.
    Visitation will be at the church Thursday Aug. 15, 2013, from 6 until 8 p.m.
    Arrangements by Cason Funeral Service, Foley.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    She and I share the same birthday. Very sad.

Here are some posts in FB from her friends:

Whoaa I was locked up w her

Leah Rose Harris you were one of my best friends! ♡ I just got outta the place I was in today and we were just planning me and Parker to come visit you. I love you soo much seriously. You were a beautiful person all around. R.I.P MY LEAH BUG

She wrote me on fb like 1hr before her accident I can even believe this

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    And this:

She got in a car crash :(

The Dane County Medical examiner released the name of the female that died following a head-on crash in the Town of Cross Plains.
    She's been identified as 30-year-old Leah R. Harris, from Mazomanie.

UPDATED: Thursday, January 7, 2016 --- 5:11 p.m.

DANE COUNTY, Wis. -- Part of Highway 14 is reopen tonight after a serious crash near Cross Plains. Officials say one person died in the head-on collision.

Four other people -- including two children -- were taken to the hospital. The crash was reported around 9:45 a.m. -- at the intersection of Highway 14 and Stagecoach Road.

Highway-14 has a history of crashes that occur particularly at the Stagecoach Road intersection. In fact, just last year there was discussion to enhance the road's safety, and improvements were made.

The crash Wednesday morning happened further east near Rocky Dell Road, and it still isn't clear why the vehicle veered left.

"We had a west bound vehicle that went left of center and stuck a vehicle that was east bound," Dane County Lieutenant Tim Schuetz said.

Although seat belts were a factor, airbags were deployed and one driver was killed.

"Just initially seeing the debris field, the impact of this head on crash would have definitely resulted in additional deaths or serious injury if people hadn't been seat belted in properly," Schuetz continued

Officials say the stretch of Highway-14 between Mazomainie and Middleton recently received a safety face-lift.

"It certainly is an area where we've had fatal crashes in the past, but with the upgrades I would say without having the data to look at currently that it's probably helped improve the traffic safety."

2014's safety improvement project included installing rumble strips and resurfacing the shoulders of more than two miles of the highway. At this time authorities are unsure if the highway itself is to blame.

"At this point we don't have a reason. We are working with our accident reconstruction people to find that information out," Schuetz said.

Updates regarding the injures of the occupants in the other car are also still pending.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...364520821.html

Thread Information