Thread: Yessenia Suarez (28), Thalia (9) and Michael Otto (8) allegedly killed by Yessenia's husband, and their bodies are still missing

Yessenia Suarez (28), Thalia (9) and Michael Otto (8) allegedly killed by Yessenia's husband, and their bodies are still missing

I'm kind of surprised we don't already have an article on this. I wasn't sure whether to put this in missing or article discussion, but since they have declared them all dead I decided to put it here.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...inues/22626262

Investigators in Volusia County continue to search for the bodies of Yessenia Suarez and her two children.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 05:34 PM.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1930376

Appears dad of dead woman wants to marry the murderer's sister.

Dad of missing Florida woman asks to marry suspected killer’s sister in passionate prison letter: report
    Emilio Suarez, the biological dad of Yessenia Suarez, wrote to Luis Toledo at the Volusia County Branch Jail, claiming he had fallen in love with the suspect’s sister. Toledo, a former Latin Kings gang member, is facing murder charges for the deaths of Yessenia and her two children, Thalia and Michael.
    BY CAROL KURUVILLA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, September 6, 2014, 11:37 AM
    A A A
    facebook414Tweetemail
    SHARE THIS URL

Yessenia Suarez, 28, along with her children, 8-year-old Michael Otto and 9-year-old Thalia Otto, went missing hours after her husband, Luis Toledo, 31, showed up at her job in Lake Mary and beat her up.
    VOLUSIA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
    Yessenia Suarez, 28, along with her children, 8-year-old Michael Otto and 9-year-old Thalia Otto, went missing hours after her husband, Luis Toledo, 31, showed up at her job in Lake Mary and beat her up.
    It’s a father’s ultimate betrayal.

The biological dad of a missing Florida woman has asked to marry her alleged killer’s sister, according to prison letters.

Emilio Suarez is the father of Yessenia Suarez, a 28-year-old Volusia County woman who went missing in Oct. 2013, along with her 8- and 9-year-old children. The trio are presumed dead and prosecutors have pinned the crime on Luis Toledo, Yessenia’s 31-year-old husband.

While Toledo sits in the Volusia County Branch Jail, held without bail on charges of first- and second-degree murder, Emilio has apparently sent him a letter confessing his love for Toledo’s sister.

In the six-page letter, obtained by ClickOrlando and littered with misspellings, Emilio asks the former high-ranking Latin Kings gang member for his blessing.

Thalia Otto, 9.
    Thalia Otto, 9.
    Enlarge
    Michael Otto, 8.
    Michael Otto, 8.
    Enlarge
    “I’m falling in love with your sister and son you know how Im. and I Do want her for good I will marrit her,” Emilio writes.

“I ask you for yor permition to date an probably marriet your sister. An that will be after we see if we match + we get alone pepectly good I will do any thing possible to make her Happy and I hope she do the same for me,” he continues.

The dad admits that the relationship wouldn’t be well-received by Yessenia’s family and others who knew her children, Thalia and Michael Otto.

“In the other side I know you will say what about my family well. Thats something that I will have to deal with that,” Emilio writes.

Luis Toledo faces a second-degree murder charge for Yessenia’s death and first-degree charges for the deaths of her two kids.
    VOLUSIA COUNTY JAIL
    Luis Toledo faces a second-degree murder charge for Yessenia’s death and first-degree charges for the deaths of her two kids.
    But relatives of Millie, the object of Emilio’s affections, claim the woman has no interest in starting a relationship with the dad.

“He’s making it seem like him and my mom are in a relationship when they are not,” Angelica Ruiz, Millie’s daughter, told the News-Journal. “He doesn’t even know my mom. My mom has never even met him. My mom doesn’t even talk to that guy.”

He also asks Toledo to reveal where the missing bodies are located, so that he can bury them in a cemetery and bring flowers on the victims’ birthdays or special occasions.

Emilio professes his love for the suspect, whom he repeatedly calls “son,” and promises to never testify against him.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
    “I always will be there for you. Cus you know I have Jesus in my hart. And since Day One I told you I forgive you. Right remember. Did I ever screem at you or curs you out. never,” Emilio writes.

The confessions shocked Yessenia’s mom, Felecita Perez, who is still grieving for her daughter and grandchildren.

In his letter, Emilio had apparently promised Toledo that he wouldn’t sit next to Perez during the court trial.

“If he doesn’t want to sit next to me, he doesn’t have to sit next to me,” Felicita Perez said. “That’s a good thing, I guess.”

Toledo has previously admitted to killing Yessenia, but still claims he's not responsible for the missing children. His pre-trial hearing is slated for Sept. 16 and his trial is expected to start in October.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

I know we had one on her. I remember her face and the name "Thalia" because it's becoming a popular name. The thread might have gotten lost in a crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I knew the names in the title were familiar to me and realized it is a local story. That guy sounds like a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post

Appears dad of dead woman wants to marry the murderer's sister.
    I read a later interview with the dad who said he had never even met Toledo's sister (or something to that effect), and he was only trying to win Toledo over in the hopes that he would tell them where the bodies were. Of course I can't find it now, but I read it several months after the marriage story.

Last Modified: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:51 a.m.
    DELAND — Yessenia Suarez's mother could not stand the statements during a hearing Thursday in the Luis Toledo case about the killing of her daughter and grandchildren, including a comment about a killer with an ax, and rushed from the courtroom in tears.

Luis Toledo, 33, is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of his wife, the 28-year-old Suarez, and two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of her children, Thalia, 9, and Michael, 8. The mother and children were reported missing Oct. 23, 2013, from their home at 317 Covent Gardens Place in Deltona by the grandmother, Felicita Perez. Their bodies have not been found.

Prosecutor Ed Davis said during the hearing Thursday that medical examiner Dr. Timothy Gallagher should be allowed to testify as to whether Toledo's statements about how he killed his wife and how her children died were plausible. Toledo told police his wife died after he struck her in the throat but has blamed the children's death on someone else.

"The defendant in this case gave a detailed statement about how he murdered his wife," Davis said. "He gave a detailed statement about what he saw when he went in a room and saw his children had just been murdered by someone standing there with an ax."

Shortly after that, Perez's cry could be heard as she rushed from the courtroom followed by a relative.

Defense attorney Jeff Deen argued that the medical examiner's testimony would be based on speculation and opinion since he did not have bodies to examine. Gallagher formed his opinions based on what prosecutors told him during two meetings with prosecutors, which were not audio recorded, Deen said.

Circuit Judge Raul Zambrano ruled against allowing the medical examiner's testimony unless it was first proffered to him out of the presence of the jury. The judge said he would then decide if it should be allowed.

Zambrano did not rule yet on whether prosecutors can introduce evidence about a domestic violence incident in Lake Mary the day before Perez reported her daughter and grandchildren missing. Prosecutor Ryan Will argued that the domestic violence is tied to the murders and along with text messages shows Toledo's growing rage toward his wife in the weeks leading up to the killings.

Toledo confronted his wife at her workplace in Lake Mary about an affair she was having with a co-worker and struck her, according to reports. She called police, but Toledo left before an officer arrived. Will said Toledo sent text messages later asking his wife how she could call the cops on him. Toledo's wife said she would get an injunction against him. By 1 a.m., she and the children were dead, Will said.

(READ: Toledo's letter from jail.)

But Deen countered that Toledo's Miranda rights were violated when he was questioned about the Lake Mary incident. Deen said all evidence tied to that questioning, including the text messages which prosecutors said helped show Toledo's rage, should be excluded from the trial.

Toledo could face the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder at the trial which is scheduled to start Jan. 19 in St. Augustine after Zambrano granted a change of venue.

Toledo's case follows two other notable Volusia trials moved to St. Augustine in recent history. The trial for what became known as the Xbox murders was moved to St. Augustine in 2006.

(More than a decade has passed since a mass murder in Deltona.)

Roy Lee McDuffy’s retrial for killing two clerks at a Dollar General in Deltona was moved to St. Augustine in 2007.
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...NEWS/160109707

Something to keep in mind. This was posted a few days ago.

WFTV Channel 9
    Human remains were found in a swampy area near the Volusia county jail. WFTV is asking investigators if the gruesome discovery could be linked to missing mother, Yessenia Suarez, and her two children?
    We'll have the latest on the expanding search today on Eyewitness News This Morning at 6 a.m.
    Like ? Comment ? Share ? February 19
    https://www.facebook.com/wftv/videos...2%3A%22O%22%7D

In the report from the jail, the officer who found the items said they were arranged in what appeared to him to be a ritualistic manner, possibly related to Santeria.
    It doesn't look like Santeria to me. Maybe that's his own version for his self-defense trial.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santer%C3%ADa

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Odd stuff found.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It doesn't look like Santeria to me. Maybe that's his own version for his self-defense trial.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santer%C3%ADa
    Actually, it looks quite a bit like a Santeria ritual when conducted by an individual and not a shaman, and in a prison where they do not have access to certain substances. Blood is pretty vital to any practice; it shares similarities with a lot of other darker magical rituals. I've read quite a bit about Santeria and knew people who practiced. More than likely, it is mean to be a shrine to prevent their spirits from accessing him and causing him harm.

It wouldn't be the first time deep religious convictions were used to demonstrate the insanity of an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Actually, it looks quite a bit like a Santeria ritual when conducted by an individual and not a shaman, and in a prison where they do not have access to certain substances. Blood is pretty vital to any practice; it shares similarities with a lot of other darker magical rituals. I've read quite a bit about Santeria and knew people who practiced. More than likely, it is mean to be a shrine to prevent their spirits from accessing him and causing him harm.

It wouldn't be the first time deep religious convictions were used to demonstrate the insanity of an individual
    As it should be...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/judge...role/685991428

Judge sentences Luis Toledo to 3 consecutive terms of life in prison without parole

A Volusia County judge on Friday sentenced a Deltona man convicted of killing his wife and her two children to three consecutive life sentences without parole.

A jury found Luis Toledo guilty during his trial in St. Augustine in November.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Toledo is an absolute POS and I hope prison justice is served.

Rest in peace, Yessenia and her babies...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

He admitted to killing her but won't admit where her body is?

And I wonder if her dad ended up with the murderer's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

And then the POS disappeared the mother's only other child. He took everything away from those parents. Their children and their grandchildren. He is a particularly evil brand of evil.

Dad didn't end up with the sister, he said it was a hoax or something from what I remember. Don't make me read back, please, this one hurts my heart.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    And then the POS disappeared the mother's only other child. He took everything away from those parents. Their children and their grandchildren. He is a particularly evil brand of evil.

Dad didn't end up with the sister, he said it was a hoax or something from what I remember. Don't make me read back, please, this one hurts my heart.
    You are correct, he was just trying to get on their good sides and fish for info.

I still drive by Yessenia's house from time to time. It's really sad to think about what happened in it. I remember all the searches all over our town and the general area (our little town butts up to her town but there's no real distinction where one ends and the other begins.) She lived about 4 miles from me at the time she disappeared. I am convinced that his gang people took their bodies and did something with them. I don't think he had enough time to kill them, hide their bodies so well, and return and clean up in the very short time span from when someone spoke to her last and when she was reported missing.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You are correct, he was just trying to get on their good sides and fish for info.

I still drive by Yessenia's house from time to time. It's really sad to think about what happened in it. I remember all the searches all over our town and the general area (our little town butts up to her town but there's no real distinction where one ends and the other begins.) She lived about 4 miles from me at the time she disappeared. I am convinced that his gang people took their bodies and did something with them. I don't think he had enough time to kill them, hide their bodies so well, and return and clean up in the very short time span from when someone spoke to her last and when she was reported missing.
    Yeah, I thought my heart was pretty hardened to the capacity for depravity in the human soul, but this one disturbs me on such a deep level. I don't know how the parents go on, and I don't think they are safe. I don't think he'll stop until they are all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post

Sometimes people that are on death row hold that card until the prosecution changes DR to life in prison if he tells them where the bodies are.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Sometimes people that are on death row hold that card until the prosecution changes DR to life in prison if he tells them where the bodies are.
    I think he got a life sentence, not DR.

Oh, I didn't read the whole thread didn't know he had already been sentenced.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Thread Information