Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: David Crowley (29), his wife Komel (28) and their 5-year-old daughter died in a murder-suicide, and their bodies lay undiscovered for almost a month

David Crowley (29), his wife Komel (28) and their 5-year-old daughter died in a murder-suicide, and their bodies lay undiscovered for almost a month

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/...almost_a_month

This is an older article - I looked for updates for awhile but couldn't find any. Until today. Interesting

Disturbing details about the last moments of a Minnesota man who shot his wife and child before turning the gun on himself have surfaced one year after the killings.

The bodies of 29-year-old Twin Cities screenwriter David Crowley, his wife Komel and their 5-year-old Raniya were discovered in their suburban home last January.

Those around the family were stunned by the tragedy, though relatives and neighbors said they hadn?t seen from them over the holidays and the execution-style deaths are thought to have occurred the day after Christmas.

David Crowley's brother left Christmas presents on the family's door that went unopened.

Conspiracy websites warning of a "New World Order" latched onto the Crowley?s death last year, calling it suspicious because the father was working on a movie about Federal Emergency Management Agency troops taking over the country by force.

Police denied that any intruders entered the home to kill the family, and Apple Valley Police Chief Jon Rechtzigel said that after a year-long investigation authorities believe that the father ?snapped.?

A police report obtained by the Pioneer Press shares new insight into what occurred inside the house, where the shooter is thought to have written ?Allahu Akbar? in his wife?s blood on the wall.

Beauty Komel Crowley met her husband when he was serving with the Army in Texas, was raised Muslim in Pakistan and converted to Christianity for her marriage.

In the living room of the home they shared, a Quran was left open to a page about forgiving the dead for the three weeks before the family's bodies were seen by concerned neighbors through the windows.

Rechtzigel told the Press that the actions appeared to be a ?last little shot by him, a sarcastic thing aimed at (Komel?s) Muslim name.

Investigators say that a Quran was open in the family's living room to a page with a prayer for forgiveness.
    Other clues found in the house include the screenwriter saying, ?I have loved you all with all of my heart? in a TextEdit note on his computer, and a note telling investigators to look at a documentary he was making on the device.

?The Rise? appeared to accompany his feature film project ?Gray State,? an apocalyptic government takeover movie he had worked on obsessively for years.

?It almost embodied him. Almost to the extent to where it would dictate a lot of his thoughts and ideas and outlook in reality,? co-producer Danny Mason told Fox 9.

The bodies of Crowley and his victims were found three weeks after the shootings thought to have occurred.
    Investigators said that a deal to get the flick made fizzled before the holiday season violence, and Crowley?s business teaching actors how to use weapons for film also reportedly closed.

Though Komel provided money for the family from work as a dietician, friends have pointed to the financial stress for Crowley, as well as possible undiagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder from time serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The screenwriter had 10 guns in his home, purchased legally, though he is believed to have spent most of his time on the computer.

Police said Crowley also may have tried to kill the family dog, though the animal survived and scavenged from its owners? bodies before they were found.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.2498838

Hmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very strange and interesting.

That's so incredibly sad. I wonder what will come of the dog? Wouldn't they have to put it down since it's had the taste of human flesh? How sucky would that be for this poor dog to live through an attack, live for 3 weeks eating whatever it found to live off of, only to be put down.

I'm sorry, but does anyone else have the problem that whenever they hear someone's named Crowley that Ozzy song just plays over and over in your head?

ALLAHU AKBAR , "God is great" in Arabic. Nice thought, however...

what is said by people beheading hogtied victims "in the name of God"

or what is said by someone in a carbomb seconds before he fires it off in a crowded marketplace.
    "Wait for that grandmother with her three cute grandkids gets a bit closer"

"ALLAHU AKBAR!!!"

KA-BLAM!!! ... screams, wailing, etc
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=allahu+akbar

Introduction[edit]
    Although the phrase "Allahu Akbar" (الله أكبر) is a common phrase used by all Muslims in various situations, including the Salah (obligatory five prayers a day) and has even been used in the past by some non-Muslims as a show of support for the protesting Iranians, it is widely associated with the Muslims who shout it whilst engaged in Jihad. Many people claim it is simply the Arabic translation of a common English phrase meaning "God is great!" This article analyzes this apologetic claim by examining the use of the phrase in scripture, and the use of these words in their original Arabic.
    Analysis[edit]
    Allah[edit]
    Claim: 'Allah' is simply the Arab word for 'God.'
    Fact: 'God' in Arabic is translated 'ilah,' not 'Allah.'
    https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Allahu_Akbar

But he wasn't Muslim, correct? I thought I read that SHE was Muslim and converted to Christianity to get married. Which leads me to believe that he was the Christian.

Why would a Christian man hack up his wife and 5 year old kid and dog and then stage it to look like it was Muslim driven? I mean, it looks like he totally lost his mind.

And to not be noticed for 3 weeks is just. Ugh. We have limited family where we live. Like, nearest family member is an hour away. My entire family is 1,000 miles away. But if something ever did happen, I'm sure that someone would notice that something is up.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danikat View Post
    But he wasn't Muslim, correct? I thought I read that SHE was Muslim and converted to Christianity to get married. Which leads me to believe that he was the Christian.

Why would a Christian man hack up his wife and 5 year old kid and dog and then stage it to look like it was Muslim driven? I mean, it looks like he totally lost his mind.

And to not be noticed for 3 weeks is just. Ugh. We have limited family where we live. Like, nearest family member is an hour away. My entire family is 1,000 miles away. But if something ever did happen, I'm sure that someone would notice that something is up.
    I think the financial issues he was going through coupled with the potential undiagnosed PTSD might be the reasons. At least in my humble opinion.

This case has always fascinated me. It seems like there has been some movement amongst people who believe that it was a triple murder, not a murder-suicide.

https://www.facebook.com/justicefordavidcrowley/ - Justice for David Crowley fb

http://www.twincities.com/2016/01/19...ey-police-say/ - very comprehensive article

Collage of crime scene photos

The words on the notepad on the laptop say ' I have loved you with all of my heart'

How did the dog survive for three weeks? From Detective Bone’s perspective, “It appeared as though the dog had fed on the heads and hands of both adults. We also found a great deal of blood and hair debris in the kitchen living room and hallway area.” (pg. 44)

https://whatistruth911.wordpress.com...16/gray-stage/

^ That page has SOOOOO much info. Emails from them before they died etc. I will be down that rabbit hole for awhile.

There is one comment on the MDS article for these people -

fuckers killed him. no one buys it was suicide. you've really done it now
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-24-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Looks like the house they died in was just sold
    Attached Images Attached Images

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I've never heard of this. Interesting. Off to read that link.

This one is super interesting. Off to read those links.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What a gorgeous family. I remember this case. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

From the Gray Stage link -

The Gray Stage

During a phone conversation on January 19th, 2015 with Detective Tommie Booth, Danny Mason claimed his “involvement with ‘Gray State’ and Crowley was strictly as an actor and as a friend but had not been involved in any financing or was actually listed on any paperwork as a partner with Crowley and Heil.” (pg. 30) Danny Mason’s name may not be written on any paperwork regarding Gray State, but he is credited for writing the Gray State story at some point. Danny Mason never signed the request form to relinquish all rights as an actor so David could take Gray State in a different direction. Mitch Heil, on the other hand, signed the form as David requested, in order to save their friendship. (pg. 34)

Also on January 19th, 2015, Detective McKnight and Detective Bone arrived at Daniel Crowley Sr.’s house. David’s brother Daniel and sister Allison were with their father when the detectives arrived. “They explained to me that David and his wife Komel had distanced themselves from the family since mid-October,” Detective McKnight reported. Together Dan Sr., Dan Jr. and Allison created a timeline of events, which was emailed by Dan Jr. to Detective McKnight before January 23rd, 2015.

Raniya Crowley’s fifth birthday party took place at the Crowley residence on August 10th, 2014. Everything was normal, according to Daniel Sr., “They thanked me for grilling at Raniya’s party and David said “Love you dad”…which was strange I guess.” (pg. 63) David’s mom Kate was also at the party. It was the last time Kate saw David, Komel or Rani alive.

Danny Mason was also present at Rani’s birthday party. “A lot of writers, producers and film makers who were all in some way, shape or form related to the movie and concept trailer of ‘Gray State’” were also at the birthday party, according to what Mason told Detective Booth. (pg. 30)
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

cont...

Sometime after the birthday party, but before August 30th, 2014, Daniel Crowley Sr. wrote that Dan Jr. “talked to David on the phone. Was supposed to baby-sit. Last time DJ and David spoke.” On August 31st, 2014, David Crowley declined an invite to his father’s house, “as they were too busy. I asked if he was ok. I tell him he sounds stressed and ask if there is anything I can do to help. He says no, nothing out of the ordinary.” David declined another invite from his father on September 6th, 2014.

Then on September 21st, Daniel Sr. was ready to take Rani to the zoo, “Last minute [David] tried to discourage me from picking up Raniya. He was busy working on the house. The weather looked funky. I picked her up anyway. After the zoo I stopped in to talk. He was about to make a big movie deal. Talked about big shot lawyers from the IDS building he was going to fly to LA to do final negotiations with the producers. He was going to be a millionaire by the end of the year. They were busy and didn’t seem like they wanted me to hang around so I left.” That was the last time Daniel Sr. saw David, Komel, or Rani. (pg. 63)

Danny Mason also addressed the $30 million dollar movie deal David Crowley was involved in. “At one point in time,” Detective Booth reported, “[Danny Mason] thought that the movie studios had come back saying it was going to run roughly $30 million to produce a full length movie of ‘Gray State’. Mr. Mason was unsure as to whether or not any actual paperwork or contracts were signed to make a full-length movie.” (pg. 30)

The last time Danny Mason saw David Crowley was in September of 2014, “but he could not remember the exact date,” Booth reported. “[Danny Mason] stated he had come over [to] the Crowley’s residence to talk to David concerning the movie and where the movie was heading. [Danny] talked to David out in the driveway of the residence and had stated that David had looked like he had lost a bunch of weight and was fragile.” (pg. 31)

Detective Tommie Booth spoke with friend and former business partner of David Crowley, Mitch Heil over the phone on January 19th, 2015. “According to Mitchell,” Booth reported, “the concept trailer and the actual movie were going to be completely different. He also stated that David started working on a documentary and started talking about a [mini] series concerning the project. Mitchell stated that he needed to be able to make some money and thought that he wasn’t seeing the bigger picture that David was seeing concerning the movie. ‘Gray State’ was David’s project to begin with so Mitchell totally separated from ‘Gray State’ giving all rights to David concerning the project…the movie went so far away from the concept trailer, it started going heavily into the conspiracy of killing people.” (pg. 33)

The last time Mitch Heil saw David was on September 24th, 2014, when the two met in the driveway of the Crowley residence. David wouldn’t let him inside the house when Heil “signed over all of his rights in reference to Hot Head and Bullet Exchange LLC to David.” While Heil “described David as a great family man,” he easily accepted the theory that David was guilty of a double-murder suicide. (pg. 34) Based on what evidence?

cont..

It was also sometime in late September of 2014 when Collin Prochnow “noticed a big change in David’s appearance,” wrote Officer Becker. “Most alarming to [Collin Prochnow] was that he observed that [David] only dressed in Army fatigues and had shaved his head into a style of a Mohawk. Collin indicated that they never had a conversation about his appearance change but they still had friendly contact after this change in his appearance in the September/October months of 2014.” (pg. 13)

Daniel Crowley Sr. had “no correspondence recorded in October. I was in Germany and busy as usual.” (pg. 64) On October 1st, 2014, Danny Mason received an email from David Crowley’s attorney “asking for Mr. Mason to release any rights he had as an actor in the movie so that David could take the script and movie a different route than what was originally planned.” Mason did not respond to the request. Instead Danny gave the release form to his own attorney to review. (pg. 31)

On October 7th, 2014, David Crowley sent an email to Danny Mason. “The email stated, in summary,” Booth reported, “that David had decided to take the ‘Gray State’ into a different path than what they originally had thought and in order for him to do what he needed to do, Mr. Mason needed to sign a Release Form releasing him of his rights to the movie…Mr. Mason stated that he replied back to David’s e-mail telling him that he needed his attorney to have time to look it over before he signed any release concerning the movie.” (pg. 31)

Rani Crowley attended Cyprus Montessori in Burnsville Minnesota. School administrator Michelle Marie Wallick told Detective Gummert and Detective Booth about the only incident she could recall with Rani in October of 2014. Rani “came to school sometime during the school day, became very upset and tried to hide in the classroom,” Detective Booth reported. “When the teacher found her she was cowering in a corner and crying and saying that she was afraid, so much so that she could not calm down enough and she had to be sent to the office to calm down.” (pg. 36)

Only one of the Crowley parents attended teacher conferences. In fact, all communication the school had with the family went through that particular parent. It’s not clear which parent Wallick was referring to. (pg. 35) Sidrah told me it was Komel who communicated with the school.

Heidie JoAnn Lish “got together regularly” with Komel during the spring of 2014. Lish spoke with Komel two times in August of 2014 but had no contact with Komel the following month. Lish told Detective Gummert that Komel “quit her job at the eating disorder clinic called Melrose at Methodist Hospital. Heidie said that although [Komel] would get back to her via text in October it became more and more inconsistent and that she started to talk about things she hadn’t discussed in the past.” Komel talked about starting her own dietician practice in California. (pg. 52)

cont...

Komel’s sister Sidrah arrived in Minnesota on October 19th, 2014 to pick up her dad’s Acura at the Crowley residence. Sidrah first went to the Apple Valley Police Department to “discuss a possible escort” to the Crowley house, but this was a civil matter, according to the officer she spoke with, and the request was declined. Sidrah was advised to call 911 “if issues did arise.” (pg. 41)

Earlier in October, David called Komel’s father “and in the conversation was swearing at him and advises him that they were no longer allowed to contact the family and that they were to leave the family alone.” (pg. 41) When Sidrah contacted David she too was told not to contact the Crowley family.

IMG_1345

Dan Hennen spoke with Mr. Alam in August of 2015 and specifically asked about the conversation with David, “He said, I don’t remember ever being yelled at by David. We had some disagreements but I got along with him just fine. So he didn’t seem to recall that conversation in October. Sidrah’s version seemed to really stand out as something that she really took offense to, that her father was really hurt by, and her father said, We had our disagreements here and there but all families have those and he shook it off and it didn’t seem to affect him that much.”

Komel didn’t respond to Sidrah’s text messages or phone calls, which was highly unusual since the two sisters normally communicated two or three times a day. (pg. 40) “According to Sidrah,” Detective Gummert wrote in his report, “she felt that David had all the power and controlled her sister.” (pg. 41)

Anjum Alam (Komel and Sidrah’s father) loaned Komel and David his Acura back in May of 2014, when they needed a vehicle. When Sidrah arrived in Minnesota on October 19th, she planned on picking up her father’s Acura and taking it back to Texas. In exchange for the Acura, Sidrah was going to leave her own Toyota for Komel and David to use. (pg. 41)

According to Detective Gummert, “Sidrah stated that upon her arrival at the residence on Ramsdell drive, David came to the door to speak with her. She stated that he appeared very skinny, his hair was disheveled and she stated in her words “looked crazy.” (pg. 41-42)

Sidrah was not allowed to see her sister. David “told her to go to her car and he would come out to speak with her in the driveway. She stated David went out [to] the vehicle and advised her again that they did not want contact with her or her family. He stated that he along with Komel felt that they were treating Komel’s mother inappropriately and there was some type of shady dealings going on with the situation down in [ – ]. Sidrah told David that they were welcome to call the hospital and speak with their mother and hospital staff to find out that they were not doing anything inappropriate.”

I kinda get the feeling her family had something to do with it, sadly.

For everyone perusing the links, I cannot find any of the emails mentioned above.

Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    For everyone perusing the links, I cannot find any of the emails mentioned above.

Any pointers?
    They're not highlighted or anything. His email to his sister.. I don't think that was the wife responding. He went off the deep end months before he killed everyone. Who's questioning this? Even the missing body parts, missed bullets, etc can all be explained away. Crowley lost it, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I kinda get the feeling her family had something to do with it, sadly.
    Really? Why do you say that? I think that the last people to see them were friends, the friend who certainly to sign off on the contract.

I don't know. He was totally unhindged, I get that. But for the father to all of a sudden act like there wasn't an arguement, one where they were told the family couldn't see Komel and the daugther again? The Muslim references...I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I don't know. He was totally unhindged, I get that. But for the father to all of a sudden act like there wasn't an arguement, one where they were told the family couldn't see Komel and the daugther again? The Muslim references...I don't know.
    That was strange. Maybe he didn't want to tarnish their name's or rep? This whole case is strange.

I think David did it. Maybe a mix of ptsd, money issues, stress about the movie and family problems. He seemed controlling, plus the mood swings and weight loss

Thread Information