Thread: Ciara Meyer (12) Fatally shot by police when an officer served an eviction warrant to her family

Ciara Meyer (12) Fatally shot by police when an officer served an eviction warrant to her family

12-year-old girl was fatally shot by police in Pennsylvania when an officer served an eviction warrant to her family.

Ciara Meyer was accidentally killed in her home on Monday after Constable Clarke Steele fired a single shot at her father Donald Meyer, 57, who was allegedly armed with a rifle, Pennsylvania State Police said according to Penn Live.

The bullet passed through Mr Meyer's arm, striking Ciara, and the young girl was pronounced dead at the scene.

Mr Meyer has been charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, terroristic threats and recklessly endangering another person in magisterial district court. He's scheduled to face a preliminary hearing on January 15.

State police and the local prosecutors said that they are also determining whether or not to file charges against Constable Steele.

A neighbor and friend of the Meyer's family said she was heartbroken by the incident.

'Very kind, sweet kid," she told ABC 27 News. "Here's a little girl that doesn't even have a chance to grow up and live her life, and all because of this senseless act. It's horrible, absolutely heartbreaking."

A GoFundMe fundraiser has been created to remember Ciara's life. All funds raised will be contributed to the funeral and a domestic violence and mental illness scholarship created by the Susquenita School District.

Ciara was the 21st person killed by police in the US just 13 days into 2016, according to the Guardian.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6808741.html

This is one of those stories that makes me super sad.

Personally, I don't blame the cop. From that article (and a few others I've read about this story) it seems dad was completely responsible for putting his daughter in danger.

It wasn't like the cop was there to arrest the dad, he was just serving a notice.

Police said Donald Meyer shut the door of the apartment on Steele. He then re-opened the door, this time armed with a rifle, according to police. During an exchange of words Meyer leveled the rifle at the constable’s chest, Meyer said. Steele drew his handgun and fired a single round, which hit Meyer in the upper left arm and then traveled on into Meyer’s daughter, Ciara, killing her.
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/ciara-...family-mother/

Here is a statement from Ciara's own family.
    The family said Tuesday they don’t blame Steele.

“I cried for that constable,” said Ron Rohde, a spokesperson for the family told the Associated Press. “None of us in our family have any hard feelings toward him. Actually we feel sorry for him. He’s got to live with this, the poor man, and he had no idea what he was walking into.”

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I read about this the other day. How terrible.

Ciara-Meyer 2.jpg

Ciara was the 21st person killed by police in the US just 13 days into 2016, according to the Guardian.
    Holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    OOhhhhh shit. That dad should do the world a favor and choke on a bullet. What an asshole. Poor little girl. Dad probably thought (mistakenly, obvs) that he was protecting his family. It's not a mistake when you point a loaded weapon directly in the face of an officer of the law like that who is only there to serve a notice. That makes you a cocksucking douchebag. And now you killed your daughter. Yes, asshole, YOU are responsible for the death of your daughter. Stupid fuck.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Father of girl slain during Perry County eviction is now in prison

The father of the 12-year-old girl who was shot and killed during an eviction in Perry County has been transferred to Perry County prison.

Donald Bartho Meyer Jr., 57, of Penn Township, has been transferred from Penn State Hershey to Perry County Prison on aggravated assault and other charges.

Bail has been denied "because the defendant poses a significant risk to public safety," court documents state.

Meyer is accused of pointing a loaded semi-automatic rifle at a constable who came to evict the family from their apartment Jan. 11 in Pfautz Rentals.

State police said 46-year-old Constable Clark Steele fired a shot from his .40 caliber weapon, which struck Meyer in the arm and then struck Meyer's daughter, Ciara Meyer, who had been standing behind him.

No charges have been filed against Steele. Perry County District Attorney Andrew Bender said the investigation continues, in conjunction with state police.

According to a search warrant executed at the Meyer apartment, police found five weapons, three magazines, five specified types of ammunition, a box of assorted ammunition and another with spent ammunition.

Meyer had been notified the constable was coming to the home at 10 a.m. Jan. 11 to remove the family from the apartment, if they had not already moved, said Trooper Rob Hicks, state police spokesman.

Meyer was charged with simple and aggravated assault, terroristic threats and reckless endangerment. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Jan. 29 before District Judge Michael Schechterly.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/01...during_pe.html

So, they knew the cops were coming and yet they still chose to have the child at home?

Fuck that shit. Cops coming to my house for something like that, and my kids are shipping off somewhere else. I'm not emotionally scarring them for life.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

https://cumberlink.com/news/local/cr...f27e5b8e0.html

A Perry County man will serve up to 57 years in prison for the death of his 12-year-old daughter during his eviction confrontation with a constable.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-19-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Thread Information