Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jaleayah Davis (20) was killed in 2011 in a car accident and questions still surround the death

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Jaleayah Davis (20) was killed in 2011 in a car accident and questions still surround the death

I searched the MDS site and couldn't find where this had previously been added. My apologies if it is a repeat

Here are pieces from a story in 2011 published a month after Jaleayah died, which provide a brief synopsis of what happened:

More than a month has passed since the death of 20-year-old Jaleayah Davis, and her mother and family want answers.

Kim Davis is frustrated with the lack of information coming from officials concerning the death of her daughter, whose death along Interstate 77 last month has been labeled "suspicious" by officials.

Instead of hearing from law enforcement, Davis and her family are left to their theories, along with the rumors and stories floating around the community.

Davis said she has tried to put many of these rumors to rest.

"You don't want to believe somebody killed your kid," she said.

However, she said too many things lead her to believe Jaleayah's death wasn't an accident.

"I've heard from four different people (that) it was planned."

On the night of her death Jaleayah Davis and her friends had been at a bar in Parkersburg.

According to Kim Davis, her daughter was supposed to stay the night with a friend, a friend she had only met a few months earlier. Sometime early Nov. 19 Jaleayah Davis called her sister three times. Kim Davis said Jaleayah was crying and upset, asking to meet her younger sister. They agreed to meet at the Williamstown rest stop off I-77.

Jaleayah Davis was near Parkersburg, and got on I-77 north at the Emerson Avenue entrance. She never made it to Williamstown.

Jaleayah's sister called her back and when she got no answer, she and a friend went to find her.

They found the crash scene along I-77. Davis' damaged vehicle was found against a guardrail. Jaleayah Davis had been struck by a vehicle and suffered traumatic injuries. Her body was discovered two-tenths of a mile from her vehicle, according to officials.

Kim Davis said the location of her daughter's body and her car make it impossible to believe it was an accident.

"In my mind it was not an accident and I don't see how they will be able to explain it that way. Somebody did something."

"Why didn't she spend the night? Why was she crying and upset? Why did she want to meet her sister? All these things don't make sense. I don't see how they can say it was an accident.

"These things just don't add up."

"My kids are all I have and I am not going to give up on this," Davis said.

Jaleayah's mom has a FB page trying to get justice for her daughter. There she shares numerous pictures of the scene, as well as transcripts, etc., associated with the case:

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaleayah/

Here is a FB post from Jaleayah's mom:

Pictures of my daughters white coat hanging on the guardrail. Look closely under the coat and you will see a black top also hanging. Under her top was her bra. Notice that the sleeves of the coat are not turned inside out and how the clothing is in reverse order of how it should be laying if it was torn from her body as the Sheriff's department claims. In their explanation to me, they stated that she was lifted from her seat, went sideways out of her passenger window and her body drug the guardrail and tore her clothing off. They also stated that there was not one drop of blood or so much as a single clothing fiber on any of the broken glass around that window. Had she gone out the window, had her clothes been torn from her body, wouldn't the coat go first, then the top, then the bra, all strung along the guardrail? But most importantly, I want you to look a the guardrail and along the guardrail. Where the sheet lays, is the first "spot" of evidence that shows that was the point of death. Look closely at the guardrail. Does that guardrail look like one that has been struck by a car going 70 mph? Does it look damaged? Do you see broken glass on the ground as they also said that her passenger door window had shattered there, at that point, on impact?

More from Jaleayah's mom:

You will also see a photograph of the passing lane, an officer standing next to a sheet. Again, no, that IS NOT my daughters body. I posted that picture to show the direction the blood was going, on the road, as I believe my daughters body was not laying and tumbling on her car, as the sheriff's department told us. But actually was drug across the road.

You will see a several photos of her car in a garage. My daughters car was taken to a maintanence garage to be processed. Not a "secure" place, but a "maintanence" garage. The reason I posted these pictures were to show the damage to the vehicle itself. Not only is the damage not extensive enough to be caused by a vehicle traveling 70 mph and striking a guardrail, but I want you to pay close attention to the front, across the hood, the roof, etc. My daughter was 5'5" and weighed 125-130 lbs. They said that her body flipped into the air and landed on the hood of her car, went end to end and landed on the trunk. Do you see a single dent in the top of that car that would indicate that much weight, ANY WEIGHT, landed on that car?

Oh wow this case is crazy?? Her poor family.

There's a reddit thread too

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...aleayah_davis/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The transcripts of the 911 calls are terrifying
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm not saying the sheriffs office is completely correct, but I knew of a guy (who had been drinking and was driving at 330 with friends in the car) who hit a retaining wall, and his body (since he didn't have his seat belt on) went through the passanger side window and shattered it. He didn't die right away, and the person in the passangers seat tried to keep him alive. The passanger was freaked out, and opened the car door, and he fell to the ground where he tried to do CPR. He didn't know not to move him. I can't explain the clothes on the guardrail, but I think the same thing happened here.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Maybe someone stopped and put the clothes on the guardrail after they realized they couldn't help or save her?

Except the clothes look neat, clean & undamaged.

That doesn't fit with the theory they were torn off against the road or fence from the force of an accident that inflicted injuries like this :

She was discovered naked from the waist up. One leg broken in half, her right breast missing, and she was decapitated

There's a lot of stuff in that reddit thread. This is the case summary posted there, it references theory her mum had some point (& maybe still does) -

A summary of the case:
    On Nov 19 2011, Jaleayah Davis left her home in Marietta, OH to go spend the night with friends she had known for a couple of months. Throughout the night she kept in touch with her mother Kim and sister Taubi. At around 3.30 am on the 20th, Jaleayah called Taubi, asking to be picked up at an intersection, but called back a couple of minutes later to change the pick-up spot to a rest stop off the I-77, just across the border, in Williamstown, WV. During these calls Taubi heard Jaleayah crying hysterically and cursing at Kristin, one of the friends she spent the night with.

Now, this is how Kim Davis described what happened next (quote from this post):
    At 3:48 a.m., the first 911 call was made from a truck driver who discovered my daughters body in the passing lane of the interstate. She was discovered naked from the waist up. One leg broken in half, her right breast missing, and she was decapitated. Her clothing was laying neatly across the guardrail. Bra first, her top on top of the bra and her coat on top of both. Her vehicle was found 2/10 of a mile, north of her body, running, in gear, doors locked and headlights on. Based on evidence at the scene and her vehicle, Jaleayah was struck with her own car. Once she was struck, her head hit a guardrail post, killing her. Her car continued to move north, her head continueing to strike the following posts, the impact destroying her skull. At that point, her car came to a complete stop. Blood stains and acceleration marks indicate that the driver of her car then, at a high rate of speed, drove from the the guard rail, with Jaleayah's body still attached, to the passing lane, where she was left. From the first post to the point her body was discovered, was a distance of more than 82 feet. Based on statements given to the police, it is believed by some, Jaleayah's car was then abandoned and coasted down the road, where it was found.

Some interesting discussion there/background re Kristin, the friend she seemed to be so upset with immediately before the crash

Could someone post the reddit link? I must have missed it.

I think this might be the Reddit link Blighted visited?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...aleayah_davis/

She was discovered naked from the waist up. One leg broken in half, her right breast missing, and she was decapitated
    wow that's disturbing. I don't know what to think now.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I was reading on the mom's Facebook page that she set up to find justice, and apparently this girl that was with J on the night she died is a bold bitch. She has a keychain that the mom had given to her daughter. She's been carrying it around. Her name is Kristen.

This is Kristin's Facebook. She recently posted the results of a lie detector test she took (and passed). I still think it's odd that there are so many different stories from these kids.
    https://m.facebook.com/kristin.becht...urce=typeahead

From the link :

FACING THE TRUTH

Hello, my name is Kristin Bechtold. Those of you who have been following the Justice for Jaleayah Facebook page may have already heard of me. I'm the girl who has been the target of defamatory accusations and lies for the last 3 1/2 years now. Out of respect for the Davis family, I have remained silent for all this time, but due to the constant attacks and attempted destruction of my reputation, I now feel forced to respond. First it is important to know that I was never a suspect in Jaleayah's case. She and I had only known one another for a short time, but she seemed very nice and we got along well.

On the night of October 20, 2011, she came to my house and picked me up. We were going to meet some friends at Brian Sapp's house. We stayed there for a little while then Jaleayah, Katy Nelson, Freddie Scott and Freddy's friend Jordan Campbell all went out to a club. After being there for some time, we were hungry and tired so we decided to leave. Jaleayah appeared to have been drinking quite a bit and didn't want to come home with us as we had planned. She said to take her back to Sapp's house or to take her to Marietta where she apparently had planned to meet with someone. Freddie Scott said he did not want to drive all the way to Marietta, but would take her back to Sapp's house. On the way she was on her phone with more than one person arranging to meet later that night. The only disagreement of the evening was when we got to her car. We did not want to let her drive and would not give her the keys until she called her sister who agreed to come pick her up at Sapp's house. Since much has been made about her keychain, the reason some of her keys were at my house was because she didn't want to carry all of them that night, so she left part of her key chain before we left for the evening. We again tried to convince her to come home with us, but by that time she was upset about us not letting her drive, but did promise to sit in her car and wait on her sister to get there. Freddie, Katy and I left in Freddie's car and that was the last time we saw her. From Sapp's house we went to the McDonald's in the traffic circle for something to eat and from there he dropped Katy and I off at my house. After arriving home, I got a call from Jaleayah's sister, but I couldn't understand what she was saying and then she hung up. I tried calling her back but there was no answer. Shortly thereafter, Katy's ex boyfriend stopped at my house and she left with him.

The following morning Katy's parents came to our house looking for her. They said she was not answering her phone and they couldn't find her. It was then they told my father that Jaleayah had been found dead of a drug overdose in a hotel room and 4 suspects had been arrested in connection with it. Over the next several hours, we heard 5 or 6 different versions of what had happened. I had no reason to believe she was involved with drugs at all, but I also didn't know if she had left Brian's house and met someone. Later that day my father found a card from the Sheriff's department stuck in the front door. He called and we arranged to meet them at our attorneys office. My father made the determination to have legal representation because we truly had no idea what was going on. Everything that we had heard was terrible, particularly that Jaleayah's sister was already trying to say I was somehow connected. The lead detective from the Sheriff's department met with us and I was told from the beginning I was not a suspect in the case. They had spoken with Freddie and Katy and already confirmed we went straight to Mcdonald's from Sapp's house. The surveillance cameras at McDonald's had tape of us going through the drive-thru, the time we were there, and even the food we ordered. They also had tracked our cell phones and saw that we left Sapp's house, went to Mcdonald's and then straight to my house, where I stayed the rest of the night. What the investigators wanted to know was who Jaleayah was planning on meeting later, but I didn't know because she had been on the phone with several people. I assumed her sister would know because she was supposed to come pick her up. Thats when they informed me that Jaleayah and her sister decided Jaleayah should drive to the Williamstown Welcome Center to meet her. I was also told she was involved in a fatal accident on the interstate. That was the first time anyone had confirmed to us what had actually happened. Within a very short time following the report of her death, Jaleayah's mother, Kim Davis began asserting that I was some how involved with the accident. Since the investigation was on-going, we were advised to make no comments which we complied with. I did ask the investigators to please contact Kim Davis and tell her they knew where I had been and was not involved. They informed me that they already had told her repeatedly, but for reasons they could not understand, Kim Davis refused to believe them. Now due to the fact that Kim Davis continues to post defamatory statements, has stalked and physically assaulted me more than once and tries to convince people in the community of a conspiracy, I decided I had to choice but to respond.

One week ago, even though I was never a suspect, nor was I ever asked to submit to a polygraph exam, I voluntarily arranged to take one using money from my own pocket. We did not know the owners of the company and I had never met the examiner prior to the test. The company has been doing exams for various law enforcement agencies in WV and OH for approximately 20 years and is well respected. I took the test 3 times in succession. I answered all the questions truthfully. The examiner has provided me with the most important questions so that I may include them to prove that what I have said about not being involved is the complete truth. I was advised prior to the test that no one who is lying about something ever passes. I had no fear because I knew the truth and wanted the opportunity to prove it. The key questions were as follows:

1. Do you feel responsible in any way for the fatal accident?
    2. Did you do anything to cause the fatal accident?
    3. Were you present at the time of the fatal accident?

To all three questions I answered "No" and the results were that I answered truthfully to each and every question with a degree of accuracy of 99.993%. This is undeniable proof that I have been truthful.

To Kim Davis, I am extremely disappointed knowing that you have known some of the results of the investigation from very early on, particularly the surveillance tape from McDonald's and the tracking of our cell phones, which was proof that I was no where near the scene of the accident, yet you persist in trying to destroy my reputation and cause harm to me. I don't understand what kind of person would do this to someone they knew was innocent. Insinuating that the investigators from the Sheriff's department, the Wood County crash team, the FBI Forensics Lab, Kia Motors engineers and the Prosecuting attorney's office would jeopardize their reputations and careers and conspire to cover something up is absurd. They may not have answered questions to your satisfaction, but that in no way means I was involved. Why has it been impossible for you to face the truth? Perhaps the truth is more difficult to face than making up lies about me. You're the only one who knows the answer to that. I have attempted to be as forgiving as humanly possible because most all of us know how painful it is to lose someone we love, but attempting to destroy an innocent person's life will not bring back one who is lost. Jaleayah's loss is tragic and I have deep sympathy for her loss and in no way want to add to anyone's pain, but what is being done to me is an injustice which fair minded people understand should not be allowed to continue. In spite of all that has been said and done to me, my only request is that the lies and defamatory statements be removed from the Justice for Jaleayah Facebook page and nothing further be posted or be allowed to remain there or elsewhere in the future concerning me. Otherwise I will have no choice but to seek all legal consequences allowed under the law.

Finally, I would like to thank all those friends and family who have believed in me and stood by me through these most difficult and trying times.

Katy :
    https://m.facebook.com/kaaatynelson?...friends_search

Freddie:
    https://m.facebook.com/fredricklscot...friends_search
    https://m.facebook.com/freddie.scott...friends_search

One of the Freddie Scott facets says his in the UK, but I'm pretty sure its the same guy. Both profiles were found on Kristen's friendlist.
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 01-15-2016 at 08:33 PM.

hmmm so have they figured out who she really was planning to meet up with? if they were able to track everyone's cell phones and all that, weren't they able to know who she had been texting aside from her sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    From the link :

FACING THE TRUTH

Hello, my name is Kristin Bechtold. Those of you who have been following the Justice for Jaleayah Facebook page may have already heard of me. I'm the girl who has been the target of defamatory accusations and lies for the last 3 1/2 years now. Out of respect for the Davis family, I have remained silent for all this time, but due to the constant attacks and attempted destruction of my reputation, I now feel forced to respond. First it is important to know that I was never a suspect in Jaleayah's case. She and I had only known one another for a short time, but she seemed very nice and we got along well.

On the night of October 20, 2011, she came to my house and picked me up. We were going to meet some friends at Brian Sapp's house. We stayed there for a little while then Jaleayah, Katy Nelson, Freddie Scott and Freddy's friend Jordan Campbell all went out to a club. After being there for some time, we were hungry and tired so we decided to leave. Jaleayah appeared to have been drinking quite a bit and didn't want to come home with us as we had planned. She said to take her back to Sapp's house or to take her to Marietta where she apparently had planned to meet with someone. Freddie Scott said he did not want to drive all the way to Marietta, but would take her back to Sapp's house. On the way she was on her phone with more than one person arranging to meet later that night. The only disagreement of the evening was when we got to her car. We did not want to let her drive and would not give her the keys until she called her sister who agreed to come pick her up at Sapp's house. Since much has been made about her keychain, the reason some of her keys were at my house was because she didn't want to carry all of them that night, so she left part of her key chain before we left for the evening. We again tried to convince her to come home with us, but by that time she was upset about us not letting her drive, but did promise to sit in her car and wait on her sister to get there. Freddie, Katy and I left in Freddie's car and that was the last time we saw her. From Sapp's house we went to the McDonald's in the traffic circle for something to eat and from there he dropped Katy and I off at my house. After arriving home, I got a call from Jaleayah's sister, but I couldn't understand what she was saying and then she hung up. I tried calling her back but there was no answer. Shortly thereafter, Katy's ex boyfriend stopped at my house and she left with him.

The following morning Katy's parents came to our house looking for her. They said she was not answering her phone and they couldn't find her. It was then they told my father that Jaleayah had been found dead of a drug overdose in a hotel room and 4 suspects had been arrested in connection with it. Over the next several hours, we heard 5 or 6 different versions of what had happened. I had no reason to believe she was involved with drugs at all, but I also didn't know if she had left Brian's house and met someone. Later that day my father found a card from the Sheriff's department stuck in the front door. He called and we arranged to meet them at our attorneys office. My father made the determination to have legal representation because we truly had no idea what was going on. Everything that we had heard was terrible, particularly that Jaleayah's sister was already trying to say I was somehow connected. The lead detective from the Sheriff's department met with us and I was told from the beginning I was not a suspect in the case. They had spoken with Freddie and Katy and already confirmed we went straight to Mcdonald's from Sapp's house. The surveillance cameras at McDonald's had tape of us going through the drive-thru, the time we were there, and even the food we ordered. They also had tracked our cell phones and saw that we left Sapp's house, went to Mcdonald's and then straight to my house, where I stayed the rest of the night. What the investigators wanted to know was who Jaleayah was planning on meeting later, but I didn't know because she had been on the phone with several people. I assumed her sister would know because she was supposed to come pick her up. Thats when they informed me that Jaleayah and her sister decided Jaleayah should drive to the Williamstown Welcome Center to meet her. I was also told she was involved in a fatal accident on the interstate. That was the first time anyone had confirmed to us what had actually happened. Within a very short time following the report of her death, Jaleayah's mother, Kim Davis began asserting that I was some how involved with the accident. Since the investigation was on-going, we were advised to make no comments which we complied with. I did ask the investigators to please contact Kim Davis and tell her they knew where I had been and was not involved. They informed me that they already had told her repeatedly, but for reasons they could not understand, Kim Davis refused to believe them. Now due to the fact that Kim Davis continues to post defamatory statements, has stalked and physically assaulted me more than once and tries to convince people in the community of a conspiracy, I decided I had to choice but to respond.

One week ago, even though I was never a suspect, nor was I ever asked to submit to a polygraph exam, I voluntarily arranged to take one using money from my own pocket. We did not know the owners of the company and I had never met the examiner prior to the test. The company has been doing exams for various law enforcement agencies in WV and OH for approximately 20 years and is well respected. I took the test 3 times in succession. I answered all the questions truthfully. The examiner has provided me with the most important questions so that I may include them to prove that what I have said about not being involved is the complete truth. I was advised prior to the test that no one who is lying about something ever passes. I had no fear because I knew the truth and wanted the opportunity to prove it. The key questions were as follows:

1. Do you feel responsible in any way for the fatal accident?
    2. Did you do anything to cause the fatal accident?
    3. Were you present at the time of the fatal accident?

To all three questions I answered "No" and the results were that I answered truthfully to each and every question with a degree of accuracy of 99.993%. This is undeniable proof that I have been truthful.

To Kim Davis, I am extremely disappointed knowing that you have known some of the results of the investigation from very early on, particularly the surveillance tape from McDonald's and the tracking of our cell phones, which was proof that I was no where near the scene of the accident, yet you persist in trying to destroy my reputation and cause harm to me. I don't understand what kind of person would do this to someone they knew was innocent. Insinuating that the investigators from the Sheriff's department, the Wood County crash team, the FBI Forensics Lab, Kia Motors engineers and the Prosecuting attorney's office would jeopardize their reputations and careers and conspire to cover something up is absurd. They may not have answered questions to your satisfaction, but that in no way means I was involved. Why has it been impossible for you to face the truth? Perhaps the truth is more difficult to face than making up lies about me. You're the only one who knows the answer to that. I have attempted to be as forgiving as humanly possible because most all of us know how painful it is to lose someone we love, but attempting to destroy an innocent person's life will not bring back one who is lost. Jaleayah's loss is tragic and I have deep sympathy for her loss and in no way want to add to anyone's pain, but what is being done to me is an injustice which fair minded people understand should not be allowed to continue. In spite of all that has been said and done to me, my only request is that the lies and defamatory statements be removed from the Justice for Jaleayah Facebook page and nothing further be posted or be allowed to remain there or elsewhere in the future concerning me. Otherwise I will have no choice but to seek all legal consequences allowed under the law.

Finally, I would like to thank all those friends and family who have believed in me and stood by me through these most difficult and trying times.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Last edited by beli; 01-16-2016 at 07:59 PM.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthr...avis-killer(s)

Attention citizens of Wood County, West Virginia. We are Anonymous.has come to our attention that your local police may be guilty of conspiring in a police cover up. In November of 2011, deputies arrived around 4:00 am to the scene of an accident around mile marker 181. Jaleayah Davis, 20 at the time, was confirmed dead. Well over a year later, the case was closed, ruled an accident of drunk driving. I will now tell you the official results. If you possess logic, or even better, any knowledge about physics, please listen VERY closely to this. They say it started with her driving along I-77 and hitting a guardrail. “The result of the vehicle striking the guardrail caused Ms Davis to be ejected from the passenger side front window. This finding is supported by the fact the door post to the passenger side door was cracked and samples taken from this post were tested and found as a positive match of Ms. Davis’ DNA. After exiting the vehicle, Ms. Davis struck the guardrail and the force of the collision sent Ms. Davis over her vehicle and into the traffic lane of I-77. After Ms. Davis came to rest in the travel lane of I-77, she was struck by a tractor trailer.”

[Anonymous Operation] Source: LYBIO.net
    Let’s begin with this, shall we? None of the information given makes any sense. Firstly, if she was traveling at 70-80 mph on the interstate (like most of us do) and she struck the guardrail hard enough to be ejected from the car, she would not have been thrown sideways unless she hit the guardrail with the side of the car. And looking at the pictures of the car she clearly struck the guardrail with the front passenger side corner. Which following the laws of physics she would have been ejected through the middle to passenger side of the WINDSHIELD. Not the door window. Secondly, it is clear that her car was scraped along the guardrail, and it was previously noted that her car came to rest against the guardrail, so how then did she bounce off the guardrail and be thrown over her car into the lane of traffic? Would she not have been thrown over the guardrail? Thirdly, it was stated that her vehicle was found running with all the doors locked. If she was ejected from the vehicle something tells me that she wouldn’t have had time to put the car into park, to keep the running vehicle from continuing forward. This again comes from the fact that her car OBVIOUSLY scraped along the guardrail and did not hit head on… The fourth thing that seems a little off is how she bounced off the guardrail and was thrown over her car from the force of the crash. You’re talking her traveling at least 50-75 feet in the air after the force of hitting the guardrail to begin with, which would have slowed her body down A LOT. How fast was she going? 260 MPH?

[Anonymous Operation] Source: LYBIO.net
    After speaking with the family of Ms Davis, it’s become clear that something extremely suspicious is going on, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it. Operation Divulgence… engaged.

We Are Anonymous
    We Are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Wood County… Expect Us.
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 01-17-2016 at 01:18 AM.

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/hea...134178733.html

A Marietta woman will spend six months in jail after making false reports to police about the death of Jaleayah Davis.

Ember Stafford pleaded guilty on Thursday to filing a false report.

She told police she saw Jaleayah the night of her death and witnessed the accident. In her report, she says another car forced Jaleayah's off the road, causing the wreck.

After police spent over 30 hours investigating the claims, Stafford admitted to lying about the whole thing.

Jaleayah's mother, Kim, was in the courtroom Thursday. She says she's not upset with Stafford's false reports and still believes her daughter was murdered.

The sheriff's office closed the case this year, stating her death was the result of an accident.

Stafford also has to pay a 500 dollar fine.

**To long to post, article updates more at link

Arrest made in connection with Jaleayah Davis case
    November 3, 2012
    By MANDI CARDOSI (mcardosi@newsandsentinel.com) , Parkersburg News and Sentinel
    Save |
    MARIETTA - Ember S. Stafford, 27, of 702 Sixth St., Marietta, was arrested at her residence about 9:30 p.m. Thursday on charges of being a fugitive from justice and falsely reporting an emergency incident.

Stafford was charged after officials were led to evidence of her alleged involvement in a case last November involving 20-year-old Jaleayah Davis of Marietta, officials said.

The body of Davis was found Nov. 19 on Interstate 77 near the Emerson Avenue exit in West Virginia, two-tenths of a mile from her car. Davis sustained traumatic injuries in the incident after apparently being struck by a vehicle, according to sheriff's deputies.

Stafford faces charges in Washington and Wood counties. According to the criminal complaint filed last year, Stafford stated she was an eyewitness to the events surrounding the death of Davis.

Stafford is accused of falsely implicating several individuals and as a result caused the Wood County Sheriff's Office to "expend substantial hours of investigative time following bogus leads," officials said.

The case also includes 30 unnecessary hours involving polygraph operators, deputies said.

A warrant claiming Stafford was a fugitive from justice was issued by a Wood County magistrate. Stafford was arrested by deputies and is being housed in the Washington County Jail.

She awaits extradition for the pending charge in Wood County.

Washington County Sheriff Larry Mincks said Stafford told investigators she had seen Davis exit a club and be accosted by multiple people, which later turned out to be false.

Stafford will be given a chance to waive extradition to West Virginia, Mincks said. If she does not, authorities there would have to pursue a governor's warrant, officials said.

"She (Stafford) actually lived over here (in Washington County) and then wouldn't come back (to Washington County from Wood County)," Mincks said.

Wood County Sheriff Jeff Sandy said a Washington County judge did not set bail due to the pending extradition. The next hearing for the case will be Wednesday.

Davis would have been 21 years old on Friday.http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/....html?nav=5061
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 01-17-2016 at 12:59 AM.

I don't get any of this! So is the family still thinking someone/s murdered her outright and then set everything up to look like an accident, or that it was some type of accident but was caused by someone on purpose or a combination of both? It's baffling.

Looking at the accident photos and descriptions many things do seem suspicious but I've also learned to never try to understand the physics of an accident.

I don't think it's a murder. I think it was an accident but whoever may have been involved were scared to say anything.

Yep,me too. I think someone else was there maybe Kristen..I don't know why she would lie about it though.

If she's traveling down the road and calls her sister to complain about the two girls- that probably means the two girls were not in the car with her.

You can't really believe the mom much because I've seen a few posts where she says her daughter wasn't drunk. Yes.. she was very drunk. .24

Why would the girl want her sister to pick her up if she was already taking a chance driving drunk? If you're calling for a DD to pick you up because you've drank too much, you don't generally tell your DD that you're gonna drive to a rest area to meet them so they can drive you home.

The ejection of the girl from the car is weird, but accidents are weird. When somebody is driving at a high rate of speed, no seat belt, talking on the phone, and VERY drunk......anything can happen. You swerve, overcorrect your car, hit a guard rail and at that same moment....fly out the passanger side window to be caught between the car and guardrail. The car is still on and in gear. It contuines forward stuck on the guardrail. It follows the guardrail down the road, loses steam....and eventually stops way down the road. Then around that same time- an 18 wheeler smashes into the poor girl's body.

If somebody was in the car with her, why would they drive the car a little ways down the road and leave the car running......and still take time to lock all the doors before they took off running away from the scene?

People lose clothes all the time when they're in accidents. I think it's very possible somebody on the scene just picked her clothes up and put them on the rail. Maybe they didn't want traffic to run over the clothes??
    An accident that began with a night of partying with friends. The state medical examiner says Jaleayah's blood alcohol concentration was point 19 when she died. With advance testing showing a level of point 24 earlier that night.

"Just another tragic example that drinking and driving is something that is very dangerous and unfortunately leads to a lot of people losing their lives."

Kia Motors engineers, crash testing experts, and medical evidence detail the accident. They say it started with her driving along I-77 and hitting a guardrail.

"The result of the vehicle striking the guardrail caused Ms Davis to be ejected from the passenger side front window. This finding is supported by the fact the door post to the passenger side door was cracked and samples taken from this post were tested and found as a positive match of Ms. Davis' DNA. After exiting the vehicle, Ms. Davis struck the guardrail and the force of the collision sent Ms. Davis over her vehicle and into the traffic lane of I-77. After Ms. Davis came to rest in the travel lane of I-77, she was struck by a tractor trailer."

Police believe Jaleayah was killed instantly when she was thrown from the car.

"She was deceased before she was hit by the tractor trailer. There was physical evidence on the scene that lead us to that conclusion."
    http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/hea...134178733.html

Thread Information