Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer Documentary (Teresa Halbach Murder - Steven Avery/Brandan Dassey)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    this is my favorite theory, the ed edwards theory, but it is so ridiculous to tie him to so many cases around the country. i mean what are the odds that the zodiac killer killed jonbenet ramsey, the WM3 victims, and teresa halbach.
    I agree that it's far fetched with those other cases, but the fact that he was living so close to him and possibly spotted at the trials is definitely intriguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I agree that it's far fetched with those other cases, but the fact that he was living so close to him and possibly spotted at the trials is definitely intriguing.
    absolutely. but it also makes sense that he would be interested in the case, imo. too bad he is dead and can't tell us his side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    absolutely. but it also makes sense that he would be interested in the case, imo. too bad he is dead and can't tell us his side of things.
    And that they couldn't collect other DNA from the truck to see if his is lurking around in there. They were so tunnel visioned on Steve that likely they dismissed anyone who didn't match him.

Not only did Steven manage to clean all of her DNA out of that garage, he managed to leave his own DNA in tact. You forgot that part. They proved that the area couldn't have been cleaned because his DNA was still present. That's talent if he managed that one.
    There are three things that don't make sense if Avery is the murderer. One is what you pointed out. If he killed her in the trailer or garage, it would have been impossible for him to clean up all the blood spatter. The place is a pig sty. How the hell would this guy, who isn't exactly a rocket scientist, have been able to clean all that up?

Two is: why were bones found in three separate places? If he burned her in the burn pit, why would he just move a few bones to different places? If he was trying to hide that her burned her in the burn pit, wouldn't he have removed most of the bones from there and put them somewhere else, rather than leaving most of them there, and then just moving a few? Or if he burned her elsewhere, why would put the bones into his own burn pit? WTF kind of sense does that make?

Three is: if he burned her in the burn pit, why would he have needed to transport her in the Rav4? She was obviously in there bleeding. If he killed her in the trailer or garage, why would he have needed the Rav4 to transport her body? The burn pit is right there.

I don't know if he is guilty or innocent, but I could not have found him guilty based on the evidence and the questions I have.

Also, Ken Kratz is disgusting.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

PS sorry for the typos.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

Three is: if he burned her in the burn pit, why would he have needed to transport her in the Rav4? She was obviously in there bleeding. If he killed her in the trailer or garage, why would he have needed the Rav4 to transport her body? The burn pit is right there.

I don't know if he is guilty or innocent, but I could not have found him guilty based on the evidence and the questions I have.

Also, Ken Kratz is disgusting.
    THIS never even entered my mind. Smarty pants! So true. I guess they could argue that he stuck her in there to hide her until he was ready to burn her, but still. It's an excellent point nonetheless.

And yes, I would love to smack Ken upside the head. With a broom handle. That has an anvil attached to the end of it.

And yes, I would love to smack Ken upside the head. With a broom handle. That has an anvil attached to the end of it.
    My daughter and I were watching it together - I had already seen it, she had not. Whenever Ken got any airtime, she would say something like "UGH!" or "Gross!". I COULD NOT WAIT for the episode where they revealed his behavior towards women. I so wanted to see her reaction!!!! Unfortunately, she had to fly home before we could finish the series.

I think it's safe to discuss now

Netflix has said on FB and Twitter there will be another season of Making A Murderer

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Netflix has said on FB and Twitter there will be another season of Making A Murderer
    Different case? I'm not surprised. It was crazy successful.

Same case

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wait, what? I thought they pretty much ran through everything.

One night I tried to watch this and just couldn't get interested. I may have been distracted. Is it worth attempting a rewatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Same case
    Well, that's a mistake. There's definitely not enough content to cover that many episodes so it will be boring and drawn out.

maybe they'll go in depth on ed edwards.

The new episodes are going to be about what's happened since the first ones came out. A new lawyer has taken on Avery's case and they're working to either prove he didn't do it, or to highlight how badly LE fucked up the case and get him a new trial. I'm not exactly sure, I haven't been following that closely.

The Making a Murderer subreddit has more info if you're so inclined.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nvictions.html

Netflix has announced new episodes of Making A Murderer are on the way.
    The streaming service said in a statement on Tuesday that series' producers-directors Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos are working on updates to the true crime docu-series.
    The show will again focus on Steven Avery, 54, and his nephew and co-defendant Brendan Dassey, this time following the men as they fight to get their murder convictions overturned.

'This next chapter will provide an in-depth look at the high-stakes post-conviction process, as well as, the emotional toll the process takes on all involved,' the statement said.
    The new episodes will again include in-depth interviews with the families and those involved in the case, along with Steven's new lawyer Kathleen Zellner and Brendan's legal team, which is led by lawyers Laura Nirider and Steve Drizin, Netflix said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4EumJzEke
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Okay so I know I'm too late for this conversation but I've finally watched this. My thoughts -

- the series was about 6 episodes too long. I clearly just didn't care enough.
    - am I missing something? I know Brendan dassey was interviewed iillegally, but could someone in this tiny town really have it together enough to frame avery? They all seem to have about 5 brain cells between them. I get they didn't want to pay avery his compensation etc, but it wasn't as if the money would come from their personal pocket. Does he still get the money now?
    - did he do it? To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. It also didn't surprise me he was convicted, based on the evidence that the jury saw. I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do it, but I can't believe that they all orchestrated this enough to frame him.
    - the averys are one fucked up family, even if he is innocent.

I can't believe they are going to make a whole new series? Surely not as long???

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I felt the same way when I watched it, Liv. My husband and I got down to only one episode left and just stopped watching because it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. I do admit the first parts of the series were interesting, but you are right, it was at least 6 episodes too long so it does beg the question as to why they are doing another series on the same story. I would be much more intrigued to see this type of documentary focusing each season on others who might have been wrongfully imprisoned for murder.

I listened to the Generation Why podcast on this and it had some really good points. So I'm not convinced he didn't do it, but there's a few things I can't explain. The lack of blood evidence found anywhere on the property. I just don't see how there's zero blood in the bedroom and nothing in the garage. The Averys are just not smart enough to cover their tracks, if you ask me.

As for if they could frame him or not... They did already frame him for the rape he went to jail for so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Okay so I know I'm too late for this conversation but I've finally watched this. My thoughts -

- the series was about 6 episodes too long. I clearly just didn't care enough.
    - am I missing something? I know Brendan dassey was interviewed iillegally, but could someone in this tiny town really have it together enough to frame avery? They all seem to have about 5 brain cells between them. I get they didn't want to pay avery his compensation etc, but it wasn't as if the money would come from their personal pocket. Does he still get the money now?
    - did he do it? To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. It also didn't surprise me he was convicted, based on the evidence that the jury saw. I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do it, but I can't believe that they all orchestrated this enough to frame him.
    - the averys are one fucked up family, even if he is innocent.

I can't believe they are going to make a whole new series? Surely not as long???
    All of this. I think the new series is stupid and simply being made because the first was so big. Should just be another Dateline episode IMO - we've covered his prior injustices, now it's just your general what the fuck murder case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Today my Mom and I have been binging on this and are just about done. Between the incompetence of the Police (in both cases) and the IQ values of shoestring potatoes (don't even get me started on the nephew) I am sad that I will not get those 10+ hours of my life back. I am sure a very dry martini or bottle of wine may help with that.

The only thing that I liked about this was it made me nostalgic for old CourtTv.

Brenddan's convection got overturned

Good, now it's Averys turn.

Thread Information