Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer Documentary (Teresa Halbach Murder - Steven Avery/Brandan Dassey)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm amazed at the number of people who refuse to entertain the notion that police may have planted evidence. Even though Steven had been exonerated in the rape case, the judge addressed that issue when sentencing as if he was guilty of it. I'm beginning to think that we should have professional juries. Clearly, the jurors on this case didn't understand the mishandling of forensic evidence in the case or how the kids rights were horribly violated by his court appointed attorney. I don't know how the jury sleeps at night. In that community, that family is shit so they deserve whatever misfortune comes their way...even if it is all made up.

I like how the judge kept talking about Steven's crimes getting worse and I kept yelling how could they when he was in jail for 18 years. Yea he wrote nasty letters to his ex wife but my family talks like that to each other all the time it wasn't like he was beating on her. He pulled a gun out on his cousin yea that's horrible but he did his time and he didn't pull the trigger. He never hurt anyone. I'd agree if Steven started robbing places, then was burning more than 1 cat, getting into fights, pulling guns on everyone that pissed him off, and beating on his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I vote we set a date to start discussing it and put a giant SPOILERS PAST THIS POST on that date. Monday anyone?

Eta: Song, I agree - the Brother really weirded me out. I paid attention to his reactions in court when you could see them. Having sat next to multiple victims' families, however, his doubt and anger makes total sense. His there faith in the police does to an extent as well. He believes this guy brutally raped and murdered his sister.

But the phone stuff really piqued my interest. I really wish there was more on that.
    Sorry for the double post but just saw this. Can't the phone company look and see a bunch of missed calls from the same number and then track that number as her stalker? Of course you're going to have a few missed calls but this person must have called a bunch of times through out the day or at least daily. It's weird that the brother and wasn't it the ex could just easily break into her phone and accounts. I can't even remember my own accounts passwords.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I'm gonna catch it at some point, but I don't mind reading spoilers. I'll still be highly entertained (and pissed) from the sounds of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    Sorry for the double post but just saw this. Can't the phone company look and see a bunch of missed calls from the same number and then track that number as her stalker? Of course you're going to have a few missed calls but this person must have called a bunch of times through out the day or at least daily. It's weird that the brother and wasn't it the ex could just easily break into her phone and accounts. I can't even remember my own accounts passwords.
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS
    From REDDIT posts I've read, Halbach's phone logs were evidence, however due to the Defense''s restrictions to not present third party suspectsupplies outside Brendan, the numbers were whited out on the log. Actually IIRC, all numbers were.

I believe the stalker or unwanted calls were known, it just wasn't revealed in the documentary or in trial.

I feel like online security has gotten tighter, certainly more in recent years. I think one reason we'really all so shocked at how easy it was to get into her accounts was because we forget that all the password security online weren't /as/ heavy. Still doubtful he magically guessed it though.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I'm amazed at the number of people who refuse to entertain the notion that police may have planted evidence. Even though Steven had been exonerated in the rape case, the judge addressed that issue when sentencing as if he was guilty of it. I'm beginning to think that we should have professional juries. Clearly, the jurors on this case didn't understand the mishandling of forensic evidence in the case or how the kids rights were horribly violated by his court appointed attorney. I don't know how the jury sleeps at night. In that community, that family is shit so they deserve whatever misfortune comes their way...even if it is all made up.
    On one of the reddit pages I saw it discussed where 2 of the jury members were actually related to people in the court/police station.

I went and found the actual article.

Perhaps more to the point for Avery, the panel selected Friday includes a man whose son works for the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department and a man whose wife works for the Manitowoc County clerk of courts office.
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-04-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    On one of the reddit pages I saw it discussed where 2 of the jury members were actually related to people in the court/police station.

I went and found the actual article.
    Yup, I forgot to bring that in. Also - my phone is about to die - but the excused juror talks about how he was told his (step?) Daughter was in a horrible accident and her car was totaled, and she was actually fine. He was asked about the state of his marriage as well, he indicated it wasn't great and the trial wasn't helping but someone old the judge a big tale about him being on the brink of losing his wife because of the trial.

i didn't like that excused juror anyways, he was trying to ensure he kept himself in the spotlight a bit toooooo much.

The statement analysis dude has made about a half-dozen blog posts about this in the last week if anyone's interested: http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com. He says errybody's lyin.

I haven't watched any of it yet, though, so I have nothing useful to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Have any of you searched #makingamurderer on twitter? I was bored and was looking at the pics last night. I guess it's some one in the anonymous group or whatever posted some interesting things and his followers twitter.com/0hour1. Nothing to new but some reading comments kinda helped me understand the phone bill better, said Steven is on the Innocent Project site again, and Buting is getting records from other phones but there was no link to an article. Some where on that page was a screen shots of the juror saying he got excused because his daughter was in a crash and she commented saying it was her and true and now I can't find it.

I posted Boston's pic on my instagram and some one with some Manotiwoc username liked it and they're selling shirts but don't think any proceeds go to Steven or Brandon's family. I keep seeing some pages saying they're taking donations but just saw a pic on twitter with the #makingamurderer saying to send donations to the salvage yard with them made out to the parents names and that there is no website just the facebook. I'm trying to find the facebook. I hate that people will pose as anything to make money.

Of course I post then find the fb. https://www.facebook.com/72253964787...type=3&theater

Is there anywhere easy I can watch this? I dont have netflix and can't be bothered finding some dark place to download it. Youtube anyone?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Didn't read the thread in case there are spoilers but just finished episode 1 and can't believe this shit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Spoiler

Here's something that keeps bothering me: Avery wasn't charged with the rape, because without Dassey's confession there was zero evidence of it happening. In fact, aside from the Auto Trader receipt and Halbach's phone number (in I believe Avery's handwriting) - there was no evidence at all that she was in his trailer. Personally I wouldn't consider that evidence of her being in the trailer, just being at the property.

But, because Dassey *was* charged with it and in his trial the confession that implicated his Uncle was played and obviously all the press conferences where Krantz step by step declared what happened as fact - those who believe Avery is guilty continue to attribute the rape to him. It bothers the hell out of me. It's one more way that Avery didn't get a fair trial.

I'm addicted.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I'm addicted.
    Welcome back! Long time
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.facebook.com/Steven-Aver...84179/?fref=ts

the steven avery case takes another twist. a juror reaches out to state they felt they may be unsafe if they didn't make a deal on the charges he was found guilty on. they thought he would get another trial.

i had been wondering where the family marrying family and what not had played in enough to be used in statements. And I don't know if I missed this in an episode but Stevens divorced wife Lori married Peter Dassey, Brendan's father. Something about this sits weird to me, was Steven ever cleared of the claims of him touching him?

IMO we're past the point of spoilers. It's pretty obvious from everyone's reactions here (and the rest of the Internet) that there is some serious fuckery forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Something about Lori/Peter still has me ticking. Maybe its farfetched but maybe it was really brendan, but maybe steve did make him do it. If Lori or peter end up dead, fingers would go torward steven, but if steven convinced brendan to do all of the actual dirty work and thinking he himself wouldnt get charged I could see happening because he wanted to ruin Lori and Peters lives like Lori did to his by taking his kids away...maybe?..

SPOILER ALERT SO NO ONE GETS ASS HURT.

I just started watching this. Now I'm going to be up all night watching all of this because I can't stop now. The keys were right there? Who the hell is this 16 year old kid? Can all these law enforcement fucks get hit by a train?
    Last edited by Amy1217; 01-06-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    I just started watching this. Now I'm going to be up all night watching all of this because I can't stop now. The keys were right there? Who the hell is this 16 year old kid? Can all these law enforcement fucks get hit by a train?
    so are we past the spoiler alerts now?

the car really got me. the car was out there on the edge of the property where anyone could have left it without being seen. right next to a crusher. right. and the cops had already called the plate in. they had the keys because they moved it.

I've watched the first episode, but can't decide if I want to invest another 9 hours just to get pissed off at the TV. Isn't this very one sided? Just like the fake GOP dead baby parts/Planned Parenthood video? Isn't the point to sway us in one direction? I caught part of an article today saying key pieces of evidence were left out by the producers.

Okay, just started Episode 2.

Wasn't there an exercise yard at Steven's prison? How can someone have a beer gut after 18 years if they aren't drinking beer?

Thread Information