Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer Documentary (Teresa Halbach Murder - Steven Avery/Brandan Dassey)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Well, that was...infuriating.

It was the ten-hour true crime equivalent of my dad hollering at the refs on TV when they make a bad call. Seriously I think it's the first time I've come out of a binge watch with a sore throat.
    Same. They took an entire family of borderline mentally retarded people and chewed them up and spit them out. I was FURIOUS the entire time. They crushed that entire family and are still at it. The entire time I kept saying, "Some amazing, hot shot lawyer has to be seeing this and going nutty. I hope they step up Pro Bono".

I hope it happens.

And that first defense lawyer, the smile talker. I FUCKING HATE HIM. Gawd I want to smack that slimy smile off his fucking face SO bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Same. They took an entire family of borderline mentally retarded people and chewed them up and spit them out. I was FURIOUS the entire time. They crushed that entire family and are still at it. The entire time I kept saying, "Some amazing, hot shot lawyer has to be seeing this and going nutty. I hope they step up Pro Bono".

I hope it happens.

And that first defense lawyer, the smile talker. I FUCKING HATE HIM. Gawd I want to smack that slimy smile off his fucking face SO bad.
    You mean this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    You mean this guy
    Oh my God, that is horrifying and accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

i seriously fucking hate that stupid, smiley, liplicking lawyer. how can you be a lawyer and be completely unaware of how you are perceived by others? that dude is totally creeptastic.

Just finished this series. SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!! So so many things done wrong. When given a chance to correct the problems they were just ignored. I think I will be pretty angry over this one for awhile.

This doc is a huge hit. It's filling my facebook feed. Now I have to watch it.

A long article about this case
    http://consumerist.com/2015/12/30/ne...ium=socialflow

It def has people talking. An interview with Steve Avery
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30...kratz-evidence

From a reporter
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/21/ar...mwrsm=Facebook

i don't believe a goddamn thing that prick kratz says. total slimeball creep.

change.org's petition to free steven avery:
    https://www.change.org/p/president-o...e-steven-avery
    Last edited by emmieslost; 12-31-2015 at 09:09 AM.

His voice was so friggin weird. In press conferences it would be deeper and he'd talk faster. In court he would speak with a higher pitch and would speak softer, and slower. It was a clear tactic, but it was creepy.

He was just so slimy.

I really felt for Steven Avery's two defense attorney's. It was very clear they were invested, and cared about not just Steven but the Avery family and Branden. They wanted justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    His voice was so friggin weird. In press conferences it would be deeper and he'd talk faster. In court he would speak with a higher pitch and would speak softer, and slower. It was a clear tactic, but it was creepy.

He was just so slimy.

I really felt for Steven Avery's two defense attorney's. It was very clear they were invested, and cared about not just Steven but the Avery family and Branden. They wanted justice.
    it was very clear that it affected them deeply. i really felt for the one attorney who said he almost hoped he had committed the crime because it would help him reconcile things for himself. these guys do such great work, and it was really eye opening to see the contrast in representation and ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    it was very clear that it affected them deeply. i really felt for the one attorney who said he almost hoped he had committed the crime because it would help him reconcile things for himself. these guys do such great work, and it was really eye opening to see the contrast in representation and ethics.
    Just seeing how they interacted with the press was astounding. Kratz was soaking it up everytime, unless things weren't going his way then he was not so passive-aggressively making cheap shots at the defense team, Avery, Dassey and/or the family. Whereas they were always professional - even if things werent going in a favorable manner for them.

Ughhh! Im starting epi 5 and Im going crazy. Brendan is so utterly helpless and I just can't fathom how they have gotten away with what they have so far in the series.

I bet that sherriff's office is crapping their pants right now wondering how they are going to be looked at after this series came out. I know our justice system fails people all the time but what are the odds of this happening to the same person repeatedly and with the same county??
    It's incredible! I can't figure out what's real and what's not just yet but I;ve noticed that at oe point i think guilty, then not guilty and then i go back to guilty again. Anyone else doing this?

I didn't think it was possible, but the sketch artist's deposition, Brendan's March & May interviews, the Blood vial, how fast the car was found on the property, and Halbach's blood in the Rav4 raised a lot of questions - clearly reasonable doubt - for me.

I understand they have a business, and I understand his family was there but whyou Amery stuck around kills me. I can't remember who speculated as to why he stayed, and it does make sense, but seriously:( I'd want as far away from a place like that.

I think it was his cousin who said that he wanted to stay in that area because he didnt want them to think they won by basically shoving him out but i guarantee he wishes he would have in the first place.

The settlement though, wtf?

I'm being careful because i don't want to spoil anything but CAN YOU ALL CATCH UP SO WE CAN DISCUSS THIS??

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    i have two episodes left and I am this close to just turning it off because i am so frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

I'm up to episode 10, hurry up & watch people, so much bullshit to talk through, no one else I know has watched!
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Teresa's brother is weird. Kind of a heartbroken1 vibe.

I want to know about the deleted voicemail. To me it seems strange that they took it upon themselves to hack her account instead of letting the police do it. Honestly I can't tell whether the filmmakers deliberately set out to make him and the ex look bad. How would either of them benefit from her death, though?

This website suggests Steven is guilty and claims evidence that wasn't in the documentary:

http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies...nt-present.php

? In the months leading up to Halbach?s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.
    ? Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn?t want to go out to Avery?s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.
    ? On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.
    It's just effed up all around.
    Last edited by songbirdsong; 01-02-2016 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Anonymous released a bunch of the evidence in both cases. I think they're supposed to continue adding to it as well. The transcripts of Brandon's interviews and phone calls pissed me off. If that's not coercion I don't know what is.

http://pastebin.com/S1DERiFb

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I just started it last night and plan on binging on it this weekend. I will post my frustrations later on when I am more informed.

I just keep googling it and reading all kinds of theories on reddit.

Above anything, even if he DID do it there's PLENTY of reasonable doubt to go around so he's wrongfully convicted either wary. Same with Brendan.

I find it hard to believe that a guy with his kind of mental capacity managed to murder a Woman and leave zero DNA evidence on his property.

Omg soooo much reasonable doubt!

I feel sorry for Stevens parents. His poor mom.

I'm on episode 9 right now. Come on everyone!!

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Above anything, even if he DID do it there's PLENTY of reasonable doubt to go around so he's wrongfully convicted either wary. Same with Brendan.

I find it hard to believe that a guy with his kind of mental capacity managed to murder a Woman and leave zero DNA evidence on his property.
    This. THIS.

Just finished it. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    This. THIS.

Just finished it. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    It's infuriating. And it sticks with you too. Days later you'll think of it and want to punch someone

Quote Originally Posted by lulupop View Post
    I'm up to episode 10, hurry up & watch people, so much bullshit to talk through, no one else I know has watched!
    I vote we set a date to start discussing it and put a giant SPOILERS PAST THIS POST on that date. Monday anyone?

Eta: Song, I agree - the Brother really weirded me out. I paid attention to his reactions in court when you could see them. Having sat next to multiple victims' families, however, his doubt and anger makes total sense. His there faith in the police does to an extent as well. He believes this guy brutally raped and murdered his sister.

But the phone stuff really piqued my interest. I really wish there was more on that.
    Last edited by Miller22; 01-02-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Thread Information