Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer Documentary (Teresa Halbach Murder - Steven Avery/Brandan Dassey)

Making a Murderer Documentary (Teresa Halbach Murder - Steven Avery/Brandan Dassey)

Anyone else caught this on Netflix yet?! It's a 10 episode documentary series covering about 10 years of time, I think they are a little over an hour each. It popped up and I started watching it late Saturday, spent most of Sunday watching, and finished it last night. I couldn't stop watching it! It's really incredible and infuriating. My husband is not interested in true-crime like I am, but he watched it all with me as well and was just as riveted.

Without giving anything away; it involves a guy who was exonerated for a rape he did not commit and released after 18 years, then he starts a multi-million dollar lawsuit against people, and suddenly he's charged with the murder of a missing woman.

Since I had not heard of the case before I know nothing much of it aside from the documentary, but it seemed to me to be a fairly level and unbiased, as much as it can be since it focuses on the Avery family and the defense. So, it clearly leans in their favour still, but I don't think the filmmakers had to go out of their way to make the other side look awful, they did that themselves. I need to do a bit more reading about the other side so I can see what was left out, but at this point going on the assumption that it was a fairly accurate depiction, I can not believe the bullshit involved with this case.

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who might watch it. I suggest you do. Immediately. and then come back and post, because I need to talk about this! The past three days 90% of what my husband and I have said to each other has involved this case lol but I really want to talk to other people about this!!

I have so many thoughts and feelings and potential theories... someone watch it and talk to me!!!

I binge watched the entire series this weekend. It infuriated me so much, I made my sister watch it so we could bitch about it together.

Unbelievably frustrating to watch. The detectives' interrogation skills mirrored those that interviewed Jessie Misskelley of the West Memphis Three.

My pap and I watched the first 8. We saw all of Steven's trial and then today or tomorrow we're going to watch Brandon's. I cheated and googled and saw what happens to Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trahnse View Post
    I binge watched the entire series this weekend. It infuriated me so much, I made my sister watch it so we could bitch about it together.

Unbelievably frustrating to watch. The detectives' interrogation skills mirrored those that interviewed Jessie Misskelley of the West Memphis Three.
    Yeah, it totally reminded me of Jessie Misskelley. I wanted to punch his first lawyer in the face so many times! and the fact that his lawyer screwing him over isn't enough to get his case looked at again?! He should be disbarred for that conduct.

It's hard to comment, because I really don't want to say anything that will spoil it for people who are going to watch it. Some of the things that the prosecutor and police actually said were so just...wtf?!? I just... it's like, they are so so comfortable with their boys club down there that they aren't even worried in the least about what comes out of their mouths. If this had been fiction, I would have thought the writer just went way overboard with it.

I find it so frustrating AND I'm so far away from the case and the area it happened; I can't imagine actually living in that community and knowing that the police and justice system there are so absolutely corrupt. I know there is corruption all over the place, but it seems incredibly widespread there.

Just started watching it! Reckon it will be a binge job, will be back to discuss it with you guys.

I'm on episode 4, I had to turn off last night, I was about to punch the screen.
    The defence lawyer for the kid is a complete tool, he's not listening to him at all, as for the investigator of the lawyer....well, if I was in that room, I'd probably end up being locked up for GBH (or whatever you have in the U.S) I can see myself getting very wound up about the injustice of the justice system.
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Someone just recommended this for me. I can't wait to check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by lulupop View Post
    I'm on episode 4, I had to turn off last night, I was about to punch the screen.
    The defence lawyer for the kid is a complete tool, he's not listening to him at all, as for the investigator of the lawyer....well, if I was in that room, I'd probably end up being locked up for GBH (or whatever you have in the U.S) I can see myself getting very wound up about the injustice of the justice system.
    Unfortunately, it just gets even more infuriating. You might want to bubble wrap your hand in prepartion for the next few episodes.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I'm on episode 2 and i'm already pissed.

No spoilers so those who have finished read this link i just stumbled upon https://www.change.org/p/5210046/c/3...=facebook_link
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I'm on episode 2 and i'm already pissed.

No spoilers so those who have finished read this link i just stumbled upon https://www.change.org/p/5210046/c/3...=facebook_link
    I'm on 4 and I agree about the spoilers. And yes, I'm pissed.

Just saw this post, and I've seen this popping up on my Facebook timeline. I watch a ton of stuff at work -- I'm allowed to, boss doesn't care -- so this is going to be a must watch on my list now. Sounds fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Just saw this post, and I've seen this popping up on my Facebook timeline. I watch a ton of stuff at work -- I'm allowed to, boss doesn't care -- so this is going to be a must watch on my list now. Sounds fascinating!
    Do it sooner than later. Trust me.

Just started this last night, I couldn't stop and now I'm tired. On episode 3 and already FUCKING PISSED.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...oc-31-Oct-2005 thus is from when teresa was missing. I haven't read any of it yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurd...guilty_or_not/ I've been reading this. Peoples theories on what happened and such.

Gonna start it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Gonna start it now.
    See you in ten hours lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    See you in ten hours lol
    I'm on episode 8. Had to take a break for a massage and to talk to my husband. Hmpf.

I don't know if I want to watch it if it pisses everybody off so much.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 12-29-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I'm on episode 8. Had to take a break for a massage and to talk to my husband. Hmpf.
    We're through 8. Two more which we'll watch tonight, no doubt.

Okay, everyone hurry up because it's getting very hard not to keep my trap shut and I'm really trying not to spoil anything for anyone!

So, don't read this if you haven't finished it yet. Anonymous has decided to lend their assistance with the case;
    http://toptiding.com/anonymous-will-...ng-a-murderer/

I can't wait to see what comes out!!

Also, I just realized I made two big boo-boos in the title; it should be spelled Halbach with an 'a' for the victim, and it should be Brendan Dassey not Brandan.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I don't know if I want to watch it if it pisses everybody off so much.
    You'll love it, it's right up your alley.

I fell asleep during one kg the episodes - I think it was 9. Gonna go finish now. Husband wasn't at all surprised I was up when he went to work heh

I am stuck on episode 7. Also not worried about any spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Ken Krantz is a douchenozzle.

There's just so much...

Well, that was...infuriating.

It was the ten-hour true crime equivalent of my dad hollering at the refs on TV when they make a bad call. Seriously I think it's the first time I've come out of a binge watch with a sore throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Well, that was...infuriating.

It was the ten-hour true crime equivalent of my dad hollering at the refs on TV when they make a bad call. Seriously I think it's the first time I've come out of a binge watch with a sore throat.
    I've been reading the Reddit threads and articles posted until we can discuss it here. Oh man - there is some scream worthy shit there.

Thread Information