Thread: Girl alleges she was brutally beaten by her boyfriend, and St Mary's police failed to take action.

Girl alleges she was brutally beaten by her boyfriend, and St Mary's police failed to take action.

This is appearing all over my timeline. Seems legit, what do you think ?
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto..._comment_reply
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto..._comment_reply

OK so it's legit it seems its now being investigated
    http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/...cebookWARNING: Graphic images.

A TEENAGE girl who was left battered and bloody after an alleged fight with her boyfriend has had graphic photographs of her injuries shared on Facebook amid claims of inaction from police.

The shocking images show blood dripping off 19-year-old Ashlee Savins’ face, with it smeared from the top of her nose to her throat, and her front tooth chipped.

They were shared online by her flatmate Ellie Sutton who was disgusted by what she says was an initial lack of action by police.

The incident happened at Oxley Park early on Saturday morning.

Ms Sutton said police initially interviewed both Ms Savins and her boyfriend, Justin Toro, age 21, but then informed Ms Savins they could take no action.“Police have now told her they are not going to take matters further because he told them she ‘fell on her face’ and ‘it’s her word against his’ and there is insufficient evidence ... and she has a text message from him pleading with her not to tell anyone,” she wrote on Facebook.

“This is NOT acceptable. St Mary’s police station need to step their game up. There is a reason this country has a domestic violence epidemic.”

The confronting images have been shared thousands of times.

Ms Savins provided officers with medical reports, including one from a dentist who said injuries to her teeth were not caused by a fall. However, she said that her case only started to move once police were flooded with complaints by angry members of the public.“I called the station and they [the police officer] said ‘Sorry, we can’t press charges without substantial evidence.’ I got very upset,” Ms Savins told Fairfax Media.

She told police of an exchange of private messages on Facebook where her Mr Toro purportedly asked her not to tell anyone what happened.

“The police still said nothing could be done. They said I could submit [the messages] as evidence and they’d look at them but can’t guarantee anything further will be done,” Fairfax reported.

The messages appear to show Mr Toro asking Ms Savins what she was going to do, and if

she was going to “forgive” him.Ashlee please don’t tell anyone I can’t get done for this I’ll lose everything,” he sent Ms Savins in a private message on Facebook.

“You have no one to blame but yourself,” Ms Savins replied.

“ok ashlee. do i acept [sic] you feel you didn’t contribute to this in any way? maybe not allowing me to vent [sic],” he responded.

Images of a bloodied Ashlee Savins have been shared thousands of times

December 15, 2015 5:57am
    Andrew Koubaridisnews.com.au

Ashlee Savins has accused police of failing to properly investigate a case of domestic violence. Picture: Facebook
    WARNING: Graphic images.

A TEENAGE girl who was left battered and bloody after an alleged fight with her boyfriend has had graphic photographs of her injuries shared on Facebook amid claims of inaction from police.

The shocking images show blood dripping off 19-year-old Ashlee Savins’ face, with it smeared from the top of her nose to her throat, and her front tooth chipped.

They were shared online by her flatmate Ellie Sutton who was disgusted by what she says was an initial lack of action by police.

The incident happened at Oxley Park early on Saturday morning.

Ms Sutton said police initially interviewed both Ms Savins and her boyfriend, Justin Toro, age 21, but then informed Ms Savins they could take no action.

Other Stories

Ruby Rose and Phoebe Dahl call it a day
    Ruby Rose and Phoebe Dahl call it a day
    The internet destroyed this photo
    The internet destroyed this photo
    Missing children on a summer adventure
    Missing children on a summer adventure

“Police have now told her they are not going to take matters further because he told them she ‘fell on her face’ and ‘it’s her word against his’ and there is insufficient evidence ... and she has a text message from him pleading with her not to tell anyone,” she wrote on Facebook.

“This is NOT acceptable. St Mary’s police station need to step their game up. There is a reason this country has a domestic violence epidemic.”

The confronting images have been shared thousands of times.

Ms Savins provided officers with medical reports, including one from a dentist who said injuries to her teeth were not caused by a fall. However, she said that her case only started to move once police were flooded with complaints by angry members of the public.

The shocking images of Ashlee Savins were shared on Facebook. Picture: Facebook

The 19-year-old alleges she was punched twice. Picture: Facebook
    “I called the station and they [the police officer] said ‘Sorry, we can’t press charges without substantial evidence.’ I got very upset,” Ms Savins told Fairfax Media.

She told police of an exchange of private messages on Facebook where her Mr Toro purportedly asked her not to tell anyone what happened.

“The police still said nothing could be done. They said I could submit [the messages] as evidence and they’d look at them but can’t guarantee anything further will be done,” Fairfax reported.

The messages appear to show Mr Toro asking Ms Savins what she was going to do, and if

she was going to “forgive” him.

“Ashlee please don’t tell anyone I can’t get done for this I’ll lose everything,” he sent Ms Savins in a private message on Facebook.

“You have no one to blame but yourself,” Ms Savins replied.

“ok ashlee. do i acept [sic] you feel you didn’t contribute to this in any way? maybe not allowing me to vent [sic],” he responded.

Messages between Ashlee Savins and her boyfriend Justin Toro, obtained by Fairfax. Picture: Supplied
    Ms Sutton has since told the hundreds of people who commented on her Facebook page that police were now taking further action.

“We’ve just spent the last few hours at the police station. Thanks to increased pressure due to this post going viral the police are finally taking this matter more seriously. Hopefully now he will be charged,” she wrote.

It is understood that Mr Toro deactivated his Facebook account since the pictures were shared.

A NSW Police spokesman told news.com.au: “Police are investigating the full circumstances surrounding an alleged domestic assault that occurred about 12.45am on Saturday, December 12 at an address in Oxley Park.

“Both parties have been formally interviewed and follow-up inquiries are continuing with the investigation.”

If you are experiencing domestic violence call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

andrew.koubaridis@news.com.au
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 12-14-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I say bravo to her friend for making others aware of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I say bravo to her friend for making others aware of what happened.
    Agree! What an awesome roommate and friend she has

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh shit - her tooth!! Uggh, that had to hurt SO BAD. I can't believe they refused to do anything?? WTF? That had to be down to one officer having a shit attitude, surely??

I'm no defender of police but not taking action on injuries that OBVIOUS is really, really unusual. I wonder if the officer involved knew her boyfriend? Or maybe he/she has a personal agenda when it comes to DV. If it is actually commonplace at St Mary's police though, they need to sack & replace the whole fucking station & apologise toevery victim they've screwed over.

Damn, you can't tell how bad he messed her up until you see her "before" pix

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australia...iolence-victim

A good mate of mines ex used to beat her....bad. She left him but he used to come back even years later. He would hide in bushes, stake out her house. He was trained by the military to build bombs.He was discharged with all this knowledge and he was fuckin mental.
    He came one night in a balaclava, but we both knew it was him of course. He came in through the man hole after pulling tiles off her roof.
    Anyways really long story short drama insured cops came he had fled,because we didn't see his face due to the Balaklava, nothing was done. (He knew we would know it was him of course, but he knew we couldn't positively ID him if he wore it)
    About two years ago he rigged his new partners car up to explode when she opened the door. Luckily she survived.
    This shit happens all the time, its horrific!

Thread Information