Thread: Peggy McGuire (28) missing from Eufaula, OK since 11/16/15

Peggy McGuire (28) missing from Eufaula, OK since 11/16/15

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...school-n471426

Monday marks two weeks since Peggy McGuire was last seen dropping her young son off at school outside Eufaula, Oklahoma.
    Peggy McGuire disappeared on November 16th. Peggy McGuire Facebook page

A grainy image captured the next morning around 5:00 a.m. shows Peggy's Toyota truck being parked at T&J's Ice House, a rural bar along Highway 9. A dark, unidentified figure can be seen walking away from the vehicle through an early morning storm.

That's when the trail appears to go cold, leaving family, friends and thousands of complete strangers painfully anxious.

"She wouldn't just up and leave her little boy. Something is wrong," Betty Davis, Peggy's mother, told Dateline. "I just want my Peggy back. What if I never see her again?"

Peggy is a licensed practical nurse, who just passed her boards this June, according to her mother. She loves animals and, in addition to her pet dogs, she helps care for more than 150 head of cattle and a small group of goats. She spends her time working hard, volunteering as a youth basketball coach, and taking care of her son.

There is now a $17,500 reward offered by several local businesses, including her employer, for information aiding in her safe return.

The last person to reportedly speak with Peggy was her stepfather, whom she phoned that morning on her way to the home she shares with her son and the boy's father. She was going to call him back shortly with the measurements for a new deck, her mother said.

She never called, nor did she showed up for her niece's ball game that evening. Another day passed with no contact. Her mother filed a missing person's report on Wednesday of that week, leaving about 48 hours between the time Peggy vanished and when police became involved.

"I couldn't get her on Monday or Tuesday and neither could anyone else," said Betty. "She was completely off the grid. Now it is two weeks later with nothing, just nothing."

McIntosh County Sheriff Kevin Ledbetter says Peggy's truck has been processed by the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation and several items have been sent along for further testing.

Initial indications, however, do not point to what may have happened to Peggy. A warrant was issued for her cellphone records on the 19th, but results could take weeks to be fully processed. Warrants have also been filed for her financial records and social media information.

"We have to investigate as if it is the most serious case you could think of. Whatever may have happened, we have to treat it that way, whether some harm has come to her or she's healthy and safe somewhere on her own free will," Sheriff Ledbetter told Dateline.

Some in the community have questioned why more searches haven't been conducted. The answer, according to Sheriff Ledbetter, is there simply isn't a starting point at this time for a ground search of the 350-plus square mile area.

"We've been working it from day one," said Sheriff Ledbetter. "The problem is, we don't have a point of to really go off of. Once we do, we will launch whatever resources are necessary to investigate it further. We are following up with any and all leads we get."

The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation also continues to assist in the case.

Outside of the official investigation underway, volunteers have filed in to scour the thickets and rural landscape for the slightest clue. Family members have flown in from North Carolina and California. Online message boards and social channels remain abuzz with those who are curious and concerned about Peggy.

The Facebook group "BRING PEGGY HOME!!!!" has garnered more than 4,600 members.

"I am not leaving until we have answers," Betty told Dateline. "I don't live more than a drive away but that's not close enough. It's raining and cold out, and all I can do is pray my Peggy is somewhere dry and warm."

Peggy McGuire is described as 5'10" tall, weighing 140 lbs. with curly blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the McIntosh County Sheriff's Department at (918) 689-2526.

She really doesn't sound the type to just run off.... But people surprise me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    She really doesn't sound the type to just run off.... But people surprise me all the time.
    I don't think she just walked away. This doesn't sound like it's going to end well at all.

She drops her kid off at school. Then she calls her stepfather on her way home (she was going to call him back when she reached home with the measurements on her new deck)
    Nobody sees or hears from her again....until the next morning at 5am- her car pulled up in a bar parking lot during a storm. A dark figure gets out and walks away from the car. This bar was about 10 miles from her house. At the same time, a witness remembers seeing a man walking down the road and he hid in some brush when she went by.
    http://kfor.com/2015/12/02/investiga...lahoma-mother/

Another article said she was seen leaving her kid's school with another person in the car with her.
    http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local...a-woman/npR5G/

Anybody else think it's odd that there is no quote or reaction from her son's father, with whom she shares a home? That would be a good point to begin the investigation, Sheriff Ledbetter.
    "A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    Anybody else think it's odd that there is no quote or reaction from her son's father, with whom she shares a home? That would be a good point to begin the investigation, Sheriff Ledbetter.
    I thought it was weird they said she lived with her son's father, and not her boyfriend or partner.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.facebook.com/peggymcguire1127

This looks like the correct FB

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Yeah..this isn't going to end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    No, it likely will not be a happy story coming out of this one unfortunately.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news/...26947e890.html

Searches don't provide much info on missing woman

Very little turned up during a ramp up in the search for a missing 29-year-old woman after investigators served search warrants on about seven different properties, according to search warrant returns.

Peggy McGuire, 29, of Eufaula was last seen Nov. 16 dropping her child off at school in Canadian. Since then, her family and the McIntosh County Sheriff’s Office and numerous other agencies have been looking for her.

Investigators recovered: yellow leather gloves with red stains from one property and two swabs of stains from inside a bucket on another property, according to search warrant returns filed Dec. 14.

A Ruger .357-caliber revolver, and six swabs from blood-like stains were taken from another property, according to the search warrant return. McIntosh County Sheriff Kevin Ledbetter said the property where these items were recovered was McGuire’s home, where she cohabitated with her son’s father.

“Some of what we’ve found may not make sense now, but it’s just another piece of the puzzle,” Ledbetter said.

The majority of the search warrant returns said “Land searched. No items seized.”

Ledbetter said the case has not gone cold.

In another McIntosh County case, it took about a year to build a case to charge Steven Lee Vanzant, 55, with the 2012 murder of Deborah Kathryn Kelso, 57. Vanzant was arrested one year later, and he is set to go to trial in 2016.

McGuire has been missing for about two months. An inauspicious feeling settled among the residents after her 2012 Toyota Tundra was found abandoned on Oklahoma 9 at T&J's Ice House in Eufaula, an area bar.

http://kfor.com/2016/03/11/recent-ev...lahoma-mother/

Recent evidence brought to light may help in search for missing Oklahoma mother

Recent evidence brought to light in a missing persons case could give investigators a new lead.

The McIntosh County Sheriff’s Department says 28-year-old Peggy McGuire was last seen on Nov. 16 taking her child to school.

However, she has not been seen or heard from since.

Betty Davis, McGuire’s mother, says she has tried to contact her daughter but has received no response.

“I texted her again and said, ‘Where are you? I hope you’re okay. I love you,” Davis told KTUL.

McGuire’s truck was found at an ice house about 10 miles away from her home shortly after she disappeared.

Surveillance cameras captured McGuire’s truck driving into the parking lot. A few seconds later, a figure can be seen getting out and walking away.

Friends and family members say McGuire doesn’t drink, so there’s no reason why she would drive herself to the ice house.

Pamela Bradford lives near the ice house and remembers seeing a man walking along the road. When she got closer, she says he ducked into some weeds nearby.

“So I looked for an automobile, and I didn’t see one. So I thought, maybe I was seeing things,” Bradford told KTUL.

This week, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation released documents that reveal evidence discovered at McGuire’s home and property.

According to KJRH, investigators combed through McGuire’s home, taking swabs of blood-like stains on the couch and back porch.

McGuire’s son and his father, Thomas McIntosh, still live at the residence.

Investigators also took samples of stains found in the bucket of a front loading tractor.

Authorities also reportedly discovered a leather glove in Thomas McIntosh’s truck that had red stains.

The OSBI documents also reveal law enforcement officials traced the cell phones, computers and bank statements of McGuire and McIntosh.

According to KOKI, McGuire had filed protective orders against McIntosh in 2006 and 2013.

They were living together at the time of her disappearance.

The OSBI is continuing to test the samples.

If you have any information about what happened to her, call the OSBI hotline at 1-800-522-8017.

So sad. Sounds a lot like the Crystal Rogers' case.

I just can't imagine the hell Peggy's parents are going through? Their child was most likely murdered by her ex and the ex still has the grandkid.
    He's such an evil bastard that he loves the power he has over everyone. IMO- this proves he did it more than anything else. If he didn't, why in the world wouldn't he let the grandparents see their grandson?
    Peggy McGuire has been missing since November.
    Her mother has filed for rights to see her grandchild.
    The child's father filed for paternity rights and said the woman should not see the child.
    Court records are uncovering a new battle following the disappearance of a McIntosh County Woman.

Peggy McGuire has not been seen since November.

In a lawsuit, family members said they believe McGuire may be deceased, and her mother is asking for visitation to see her grandson.

McGuire dropped her son off at school and was last seen at her home in Stidham.

Her mother, Betty Davis, has filed a petition for grandparents’ rights to see her seven-year-old grandson.

Davis filed documents on January 19th that say she believes her daughter is deceased, and that she has not seen the child since Peggy disappeared.

The documents also claim that the grandson could suffer physical and emotional abuse at the hands of his father, Thomas Ryan McIntosh, without court-ordered visitation.

The move comes after McIntosh filed paternity documents seeking custody of his son.

In the filing, McIntosh claims McGuire abandoned their son. He also asks for her to pay for medical expenses.

Davis denied that McGuire abandoned the child in a counterclaim.

McIntosh’s attorneys said he has requested that Davis not see her grandson because of comments she made previously.
    http://www.fox23.com/news/battle-eme...-son/105859165

Here is a PO Peggy filed against the ex
    http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=04...46-PO++0600032

Betty Davis, McGuire’s mother, says she has tried to contact her daughter but has received no response.

“I texted her again and said, ‘Where are you? I hope you’re okay. I love you,” Davis told KTUL.

This might be a stupid question, but if a phone goes unpaid when a person is missing, can you still send texts to it? I ask because there have been times when I texted to someone and the message came back "undelivered".

I think it would keep service up until a point where it's cut off for non payment? Unless it's prepaid, then maybe the credit lasts for ages?

Good points, Olivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I think it would keep service up until a point where it's cut off for non payment? Unless it's prepaid, then maybe the credit lasts for ages?
    I guess also, you might pay for it to stay in service, in case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

No updates, but gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/findpeggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    http://kfor.com/2017/05/23/man-offer...lahoma-mother/

Man offering $100,000 reward for information leading to missing Oklahoma mother
    POSTED 10:06 AM, MAY 23, 2017, BY KFOR-TV & K. QUERRY

EUFAULA, Okla. – It has been over a year since anyone has seen or heard from Peggy McGuire.

The McIntosh County Sheriff’s Department says McGuire was last seen taking her child to school on Nov. 16, 2015.

Betty Davis, McGuire’s mother, says she has tried to contact her daughter numerous times but has received no response.

McGuire’s truck was found at an ice house about 10 miles away from her home shortly after she disappeared.

Surveillance cameras captured McGuire’s truck driving into the parking lot. A few seconds later, a figure can be seen getting out and walking away.

Friends and family members say McGuire doesn’t drink, so there’s no reason why she would drive herself to the ice house.

Following her disappearance, investigators combed through McGuire’s home, taking swabs of blood-like stains on the couch and back porch.

Since then, the investigation has gone cold, and friends are still searching for answers.

Billy Taylor tells FOX 23 that he only knew McGuire for about six months before she went missing.

Although he didn’t know her well, Taylor says he wants to help McGuire’s family have some sort of closure.

He is now offering $100,000 of his own money for information that leads to McGuire.

Taylor says that the money can even go to the “guilty party” if they will confess and help the family get closure.

If you have any information about what happened to her, call the OSBI hotline at 1-800-522-8017.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

I thought this was an odd coincidence.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oklahoma-...five-years-ago

Oklahoma teen found after going missing Monday night in same county his mom vanished from five years ago

An Oklahoma teen was found alive Tuesday after going missing the night before in the same county that his mother mysteriously vanished from five years ago, police said.

Ethan McIntosh, 13, was last seen Monday night around 5:45 p.m. operating an orange tractor but was found around noon Tuesday about 20 miles from where the search began.

The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse Police coordinated with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and federal law enforcement officers to find McIntosh.

Patrick Williams, the K9 officer who was part of the group that found McIntosh, said they were able to track his footprints to an area 20 miles from where he was last seen.

"He was wet. It was cold last night," Williams said of McIntosh, who was transported to a local hospital after being found.

The area in Stidham where McIntosh went missing is the same area that his mom, Peggy McGuire, vanished from five years ago, according to KOTV.

She was last seen on Nov. 16, 2005, dropping her son off at school, according to the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation.

Thread Information