Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: At Least 20 Victims Reported Down Amid Active Shooting Incident in San Bernardino

From Green's link -

Enrique Marquez, the friend of terrorist Syed Rizwan Farook, has been arrested on criminal charges in connection with the Dec. 2 massacre in San Bernardino, federal authorities said Thursday.

The 24-year-old Riverside resident once lived next door to Farook and purchased two of the semiautomatic rifles that Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, used in the attack that killed 14 people.

The precise charges against Marquez and the timing of when they will be made public remain uncertain. Federal prosecutors are preparing a formal charging document and could file it later today or possibly tomorrow, according to federal law enforcement officials who were not authorized to speak about the case publicly. Marquez could face both state and federal charges in connection with transfer of the two rifles to Farook and Malik.

The arrest represents a major development in the widening investigation of the third foreign terror attack in the U.S. this year, and the deadliest since 2001.

Before the shooting, Marquez worked as a security guard at Wal-Mart and was known for his shy demeanor. A cycling enthusiast, he dreamed of joining the Navy and had recently been attempting to lose weight to prepare for the rigors of boot camp. His large glasses distinguished him, as did the bicycle helmet he often wore.

Impressionable and mild-mannered, he was the type of guy who "couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag," according to the owner of a bar where Marquez once worked.

Marquez appeared to have been greatly influenced by Farook. Although Farook was known for keeping to himself, he struck up a friendship with Marquez and the two were often seen tinkering on old cars together. Marquez converted to Islam and married a member of Farook's extended family, a Russian emigre.

About four or five years ago, Marquez began attending prayers at the Islamic Society of Corona-Norco, according to Yousuf Bhaghani, president of the facility's board of directors.

Bhaghani said Marquez was not a regular but stuck out because of his Latino background. He was remembered as "a decent guy who came to pray, nothing that could raise any flags."

Marquez legally purchased the two firearms in 2011 and 2012, around the same time that Farook had allegedly plotted to carry out an earlier attack, according to a federal official who spoke on condition of anonymity. Farook asked Marquez to purchase the weapons on his behalf because he did not want them traced to him and doubted he could pass a background check, the source said.

FBI agents believe Farook scrapped the plan after three men were arrested in the Inland Empire for plotting to kill Americans in Afghanistan, according to a government official briefed on the matter. There was no record of any transfer of the weapons from Marquez to Farook and Malik.

Shortly after the San Bernardino shooting, Marquez checked himself into a local mental health facility. He also posted a cryptic Facebook message stating, “I'm. Very sorry sguys. It was a pleasure.”

It remains unclear if Marquez had known about the attack before it happened. He has not surfaced publicly since then, although agents have searched his home and interviewed him repeatedly.

Agents are also looking into Marquez's November 2014 marriage to Mariya Chernykh, whose sister is married to Farook's older brother. The sisters are from Russia and came to the United States on J-1 visas -- commonly used for educational and cultural programs -- according to a federal official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Friends and neighbors said Marquez's marriage was atypical and it was unclear if he shared an address with his wife. Living in a townhome with his parents, Marquez was rarely in the company of a woman.

Chernykh appeared to be living with her sister and Farook's brother at their home in Corona, according to a neighbor. When Marquez visited, he was not seen interacting with his wife.

"He would never leave with her, come with her, not hug her," said neighbor Brittani Adams, 24. "The whole thing is very, very weird."

Viviana Ramirez, 23, said she met Marquez in an online forum for students of Riverside City College, where Marquez enrolled in 2009. She recalled him mentioning that he did not live with his wife and that the couple were "not clicking."

The two bonded over their mutual desire to enlist in the military. Marquez was guarded, but once he became comfortable with someone, he was fun, even silly. He had a nice smile and a warm personality, Ramirez said.

Still, Ramirez said Marquez never spoke of other friends. His Facebook page, while dotted with photos of himself grinning, included melancholy posts. "He was more of an in-the-moment person," she said.

Marquez withdrew from the college after the 2011 winter term.

After the shooting, Ramirez reached out to Marquez, but did not hear back. She believes her friend would not have helped Farook and Malik if he had known the couple's scheme.

"He's never done anything mean," she said. "A lot of newspapers call me and want me to talk bad about him. He is a really good person."

Farook, 28, and Malik, 29, left Marquez's neighborhood in May and moved to Redlands.

They were killed in a shoot-out with police several hours after they opened fire on a holiday party filled with Farook's co-workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

here's another one, greens -

from his facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...088&fref=photo
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Is there a normal picture ANYWHERE of this dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Nope! And he was all "But why won't she fuck me?!"

And she said:

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I'm getting a Rick Moranis from Ghostbusters vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Is it possible that he doesn't want to punch himself?? I mean, I so desperately would love to punch him.

What we know about the dumb fuck:

http://www.vice.com/read/what-we-kno...ource=vicefbus

For their part, Marquez's family has declined many an interview request from the media since the December 2 attack, but last week, his mother Armida Chacon spoke briefly to reporters, calling her son "a good person."
    Uhhh, no lady. He is what you would call a fucking dumb ass. Just all around stupid and offensive to look at.

Jesus christ Half my high school friends who think they're comedians have facebook pictures like that, simmer down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

I'm getting a Rick Moranis from Ghostbusters vibe.
    The "Keymaster".
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Jesus christ Half my high school friends who think they're comedians have facebook pictures like that, simmer down.
    Is it fair to say that the look might not be working?

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Is it fair to say that the look might not be working?
    I mean, they're just silly pictures.

His large glasses distinguished him, as did the bicycle helmet he often wore.
    Did he walk around wearing a bicycle helmet??? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Did he walk around wearing a bicycle helmet??? LOL!!
    This makes me think he might be special needs, actually.

He has earphones and a yellow shirt. I think he's a cyclist.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Well, he did set himself for some type of insanity plea.

Any thoughts about Apple's decision?

Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook, pictured inset, says his company will fight a federal magistrate's order to hack its users in connection with the investigation of the San Bernardino shootings, asserting that would undermine security by creating a backdoor that could potentially be used on other future devices. Cook's ferocious response, posted early Wednesday on the company's website, came after an order from U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym that Apple Inc. help the Obama administration break into an encrypted iPhone belonging to Syed Farook, pictured with his wife and accomplice Tashfeen Malik in July 2014 arriving in the U.S. The couple died after opening fire in an office Christmas party in San Bernardino, California in December 2015, killing 14.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ers-phone.html

I'm ok with it.

I support their decision

At first I was like "why the fuck not?" But after reading more about it I agree with it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I agree with Apple's decision as well.

Fucking anarchists.

February 16, 2016 A Message to Our Customers
    The United States government has demanded that Apple take an unprecedented step which threatens the security of our customers. We oppose this order, which has implications far beyond the legal case at hand.

This moment calls for public discussion, and we want our customers and people around the country to understand what is at stake.

The Need for Encryption
    Smartphones, led by iPhone, have become an essential part of our lives. People use them to store an incredible amount of personal information, from our private conversations to our photos, our music, our notes, our calendars and contacts, our financial information and health data, even where we have been and where we are going.

All that information needs to be protected from hackers and criminals who want to access it, steal it, and use it without our knowledge or permission. Customers expect Apple and other technology companies to do everything in our power to protect their personal information, and at Apple we are deeply committed to safeguarding their data.

Compromising the security of our personal information can ultimately put our personal safety at risk. That is why encryption has become so important to all of us.

For many years, we have used encryption to protect our customers’ personal data because we believe it’s the only way to keep their information safe. We have even put that data out of our own reach, because we believe the contents of your iPhone are none of our business.

The San Bernardino Case
    We were shocked and outraged by the deadly act of terrorism in San Bernardino last December. We mourn the loss of life and want justice for all those whose lives were affected. The FBI asked us for help in the days following the attack, and we have worked hard to support the government’s efforts to solve this horrible crime. We have no sympathy for terrorists.

When the FBI has requested data that’s in our possession, we have provided it. Apple complies with valid subpoenas and search warrants, as we have in the San Bernardino case. We have also made Apple engineers available to advise the FBI, and we’ve offered our best ideas on a number of investigative options at their disposal.

We have great respect for the professionals at the FBI, and we believe their intentions are good. Up to this point, we have done everything that is both within our power and within the law to help them. But now the U.S. government has asked us for something we simply do not have, and something we consider too dangerous to create. They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone.

Specifically, the FBI wants us to make a new version of the iPhone operating system, circumventing several important security features, and install it on an iPhone recovered during the investigation. In the wrong hands, this software — which does not exist today — would have the potential to unlock any iPhone in someone’s physical possession.

The FBI may use different words to describe this tool, but make no mistake: Building a version of iOS that bypasses security in this way would undeniably create a backdoor. And while the government may argue that its use would be limited to this case, there is no way to guarantee such control.

The Threat to Data Security
    Some would argue that building a backdoor for just one iPhone is a simple, clean-cut solution. But it ignores both the basics of digital security and the significance of what the government is demanding in this case.

In today’s digital world, the “key” to an encrypted system is a piece of information that unlocks the data, and it is only as secure as the protections around it. Once the information is known, or a way to bypass the code is revealed, the encryption can be defeated by anyone with that knowledge.

The government suggests this tool could only be used once, on one phone. But that’s simply not true. Once created, the technique could be used over and over again, on any number of devices. In the physical world, it would be the equivalent of a master key, capable of opening hundreds of millions of locks — from restaurants and banks to stores and homes. No reasonable person would find that acceptable.

The government is asking Apple to hack our own users and undermine decades of security advancements that protect our customers — including tens of millions of American citizens — from sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals. The same engineers who built strong encryption into the iPhone to protect our users would, ironically, be ordered to weaken those protections and make our users less safe.

We can find no precedent for an American company being forced to expose its customers to a greater risk of attack. For years, cryptologists and national security experts have been warning against weakening encryption. Doing so would hurt only the well-meaning and law-abiding citizens who rely on companies like Apple to protect their data. Criminals and bad actors will still encrypt, using tools that are readily available to them.

A Dangerous Precedent
    Rather than asking for legislative action through Congress, the FBI is proposing an unprecedented use of the All Writs Act of 1789 to justify an expansion of its authority.

The government would have us remove security features and add new capabilities to the operating system, allowing a passcode to be input electronically. This would make it easier to unlock an iPhone by “brute force,” trying thousands or millions of combinations with the speed of a modern computer.

The implications of the government’s demands are chilling. If the government can use the All Writs Act to make it easier to unlock your iPhone, it would have the power to reach into anyone’s device to capture their data. The government could extend this breach of privacy and demand that Apple build surveillance software to intercept your messages, access your health records or financial data, track your location, or even access your phone’s microphone or camera without your knowledge.

Opposing this order is not something we take lightly. We feel we must speak up in the face of what we see as an overreach by the U.S. government.

We are challenging the FBI’s demands with the deepest respect for American democracy and a love of our country. We believe it would be in the best interest of everyone to step back and consider the implications.

While we believe the FBI’s intentions are good, it would be wrong for the government to force us to build a backdoor into our products. And ultimately, we fear that this demand would undermine the very freedoms and liberty our government is meant to protect.

Tim Cook

http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

Go Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

LOS ANGELES, April 28 (Reuters) - FBI agents served warrants in Corona and Ontario, California, on Thursday morning in the investigation of the December mass shooting by a radicalized Muslim couple in San Bernardino, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation told Reuters.
    The Riverside-based Press-Enterprise newspaper reported the Corona warrant was served at the home of Syed Raheel Farook, the brother of Syed Rizwan Farook, who along with his wife, Tashfeen Malik, opened fire at a Dec. 2 holiday party and killed 14 people. The couple died the same day in a shootout with police.
    After confirming the warrants, Laura Eimiller, spokeswoman for the FBI's Los Angeles field office, said the U.S. Attorney's office would provide more details on Thursday.
    A representative for the U.S. Attorney did not immediately return a call or email seeking comment.
    The FBI searched the home of Syed Raheel Farook in February, a law enforcement source close to the investigation confirmed to Reuters at the time.
    Los Angeles television station KABC reported on Thursday that three indictments were returned on Wednesday in connection with the San Bernardino shooting.
    Reuters could not immediately confirm the KABC report. (Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis in Los Angeles and Julia Edwards in Washington, Editing by Franklin Paul)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...le-iphone-fbi/

Azimuth unlocked the iPhone at the center of an epic legal battle between the FBI and Apple. Now, Apple is suing the company co-founded by one of the hackers behind the unlock. more at link.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information