Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Blackburn, 28-year-old Pastor's Wife, Killed After Alleged Home Invasion

really? where? anyone care to go through my past forum posts to show me this?
    Last edited by beli; 11-24-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

my first post in here -

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    second -

She was sexually assaulted.

Amanda Blackburn was sexually assaulted, four suspects being questioned

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...anda-blackburn
    and third before I started to address you -

Fuck that. I still say he had something to do with it

So what is really irritating you?
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

An affidavit filed in the case of two men charged with murdering the pregnant wife of an Indianapolis pastor states the suspect accused of killing her leaned over her body after shooting her and "watched her bleed."

Amanda Blackburn, 28, was found partially nude, with her underwear nearby and her shirt pulled up, lying in a pool of blood on her living room floor. She died one day after the Nov. 10 attack on Indianapolis' northwest side.

Her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, told police he had left the home's front door unlocked when he departed about 6 a.m. that morning to go to the gym and work out and returned home about 8:20 a.m. to find his wounded wife. The couple's 15-month-old son, Weston, was at home upstairs in a crib but was not harmed in the attack.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry identified the two men charged with murder as Larry Jo Taylor Jr., 18, and Jalen E. Watson, 21, both of Indianapolis, who face murder, burglary, theft and several other charges. A probable cause affidavit says that Taylor shot Blackburn three times, including once in the back of the head.

WTHR today reported prosecutors filed for a sentencing enhancement against Taylor. That means if he is convicted, Taylor could face an additional 20 years in prison because Blackburn was pregnant.

Court records posted on the station's website state Davey Blackburn called 911 after finding his wife suffering from a severe head wound. It was later determined she had been shot in the left arm, head and possibly in her lower back.

Amanda Blackburn was found nude, with her shirt pulled up and her underwear next to her. "However, it was not clear Blackburn had been sexually assaulted," the affidavit states.

An informant told police about the morning Taylor, Watson and a third suspect not charged in Blackburn's death broke into her home.

"Watson said there was a woman in the house and Watson busted her in the mouth," the court filing stated.

Taylotr threw debit cards into the stolen car they were driving and went back inside the house while Watson and the other man withdrew money from an ATM.

They then picked Taylor up and went back to an apartment, where Taylor told the others he killed Blackburn, the affidavit states.

"Taylor stated that she charged at him and he shot her somewhere in the upper body so he would not be scratched," the filing states.

"Taylor then told them he leaned over her body and shot her in the back of the head. He leaned further, looked at her face, and watched her bleed," the affidavit stated.

Davey Blackburn attended Shades Valley and Tuscaloosa County High Schools. His father preached for several years at Brookview Wesleyan Church in Birmingham.

The couple's unborn child would have been named Everette "Evie" Grace Blackburn, according to a statement on the Resonate Church website. That is the Indianapolis church the couple started in 2012.

"Amanda made it her life's calling to love and serve everyone she knew. Even more, she has made it her life's mission to see as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their personal Savior. In her death and legacy, we truly believe that even more people will come to a saving faith in Christ," the statement read.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said there was no reason to believe that the Blackburns knew the two men charged in Amanda Blackburn's killing.

Watson was released from prison Aug. 6 after completing his second sentence for burglary within the past three years, according to online inmate records from the Indiana Department of Correction.

Taylor also faces misdemeanor public nudity and public indecency charges stemming from an unrelated June incident where he allegedly exposed himself to a woman in a parking lot, court records show.

The third suspect is being held on a parole violation charge.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...medium=twitter

really? where? anyone care to go through my past forum posts to show me this?
    yes, we could start with you posting the two year old police sketch of a completely unrelated suspect in the murder thread about the girls who died across the street from me and never even acknowledged it when it was brought to your attention or we could just focus on how you are not a mod on this particular site and don't dictate how others should mod the moment your feathers get ruffled.

More importantly, though, this conversation is not necessary to continue in this thread, from either of us, so message me, take it to speak here, but let's move on with this case, thanks.

Apparently this neighborhood borders a very sketch section of Indianapolis and has had a series of break ins over the past year. Unfortunately it's usually only a matter of time before that type of thing escalates.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Her lip was split and her tooth knocked out because he hit her in the face with his gun

Did he seriously kill her because he was mad at his friends? If they knew he was dangerously violent, why did they leave him alone with her?

So the police are saying she was shot 3 times, but I'm thinking 2. It sounds like she was in "execution style" position, probably with her hands on the back of her head and she was shot through the back at a downwards trajectory. She was shot through the hand (which i think was on her head).

This was so senseless and sad.
    They recovered 2 bullets during the autopsy (the head wound and in her bicep from the lower arm shot) and they recovered a bullet from under the stairs at her house, which I'm guessing is from the thru and thru lower back wound.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Got to admit, I originally thought the husband may have had something to do with it, though once the police cleared him it looked more and more unlikely. Seems to me Ju-Ju was on the ball here.

It was a good suspicion though. Both the retired sherif that I know and every one of the cops at the training I went to the other day made it clear that home invasion robberies are pretty specific to knowing the people who live at the house and usually involve drugs or gangs. They said it is very unlikely for a burglary to happen when someone is home. Most of the time, burglars are fairly certain no one is home and attempt to make sure by ringing the bell or knocking first.

This case is extremely abnormal, and I don't blame anyone for having difficulty believing it is actually what it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Why would you know more about this case than the police, forgive me for asking?

I'm guessing the friends had no idea what he was capable of and thought his threatening to kill people was a symptom of him being a dumb aggressive asshole.
    Um I never said I knew more than the police. Why are you acting like you know what his friends thought?

oh please, bowie. you go on and on and on about people being wrong about it, saying you were getting annoyed with it. You're bitching about it and then calling people defensive because they actually disagree with your opinion on us is what i think is annoying.

and i know i'm late to the party on replying, but i haven't been on here.

i'll eat crow. i was wrong at SUSPECTING him. That's what this forum does, though. We speculate. Sorry if you forgot about that.
    Yeah I don't see the problem with adding your opinion to the forum. This isn't webslueths.

Nah, you were like. I STILL THINK HE'S GUILTY even after the police were like 'no, he's definitely not, for reals', and you looked stupid. You were actually who I was talking about most because you really had your panties in a wad about being wrong. Glad that you've finally stopped being so attached.

Get over it. I don't delete posts, I don't smite you, I do tell you when you're being an asshole. Lately, you particularly act like you're a detective in charge of every high profile homicide, and it's irritating.
    This thread is about a certain case that people want to discuss, I don't understand what's wrong with that. I don't see what she is doing wrong.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I don't regret any of the suspicions I had earlier. The fact remains that a murdered pregnant woman normally is the victim from someone they know, most times the husband. I also think the way they released the info regarding this case was wonky but then again I also understand that the media isn't going to know everything (even if I would like to be that way).

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I don't regret any of the suspicions I had earlier. The fact remains that a murdered pregnant woman normally is the victim from someone they know, most times the husband. I also think the way they released the info regarding this case was wonky but then again I also understand that the media isn't going to know everything (even if I would like to be that way).
    Yeah. The cynic in me immediately made me think the husband could be involved, but they seemed to clear him pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Yeah. The cynic in me immediately made me think the husband could be involved, but they seemed to clear him pretty quickly.
    Yes, but even with the clearing of him so quickly it didn't deter me and mostly because people have been cleared and then completely caught a month or so down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

The police usually don't grant suspects the right to leave the state right after a murder, no matter how much room they're trying to give them to trip up shit.

I know rape has been thrown around a few times. It seems that these guys are being connected back to a rape/robbery in an apt. building. I did read mention of a rape/robbery in the Westlake apts in the police report.

Here is the article of the that crime
    http://www.wthr.com/story/30437926/w...olis-apartment
    The two men entered the woman’s apartment through her patio doors which she left unlocked while watching television. She was home alone because her roommate had not gotten home from work.

Once inside the two men sexually assaulted her before taking off with some of their personal belongings which include two televisions and her cell phone. Once she realized the men were out of her apartment she went to a neighbors for help who called police and the victim’s mother.
    Larry Taylor was also arrested over the summer for exposing himself in a Target parking lot
    https://twitter.com/SandraWTHR/statu...67533265608704

Here's the heavy article.
    http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/larry-...cord-facebook/

Pure speculation on my part- I sort of think Larry Taylor had different goals than the other two boys. It seems like Taylor was more interested in the murder/rape of people and the two other boys were more about the robbery. That could explain why the two boys threatened to leave Taylor and a relative had to call to make them go pick him back up. Sounds like Taylor escalated the scene. Those two will flip on Taylor for a lesser sentence and Taylor will probably receive the DP.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I think you made some good points here, Berm. It will be interesting to see if the other two do turn on Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    It was a good suspicion though. Both the retired sherif that I know and every one of the cops at the training I went to the other day made it clear that home invasion robberies are pretty specific to knowing the people who live at the house and usually involve drugs or gangs. They said it is very unlikely for a burglary to happen when someone is home. Most of the time, burglars are fairly certain no one is home and attempt to make sure by ringing the bell or knocking first.

This case is extremely abnormal, and I don't blame anyone for having difficulty believing it is actually what it seems.

Really? I'm not sure they're right about that, I really can't see Australia being that dramatically different & we're actually told not to leave doors unlocked even if we're just gardening, hanging out washing etc because it IS so common - even in broad daylight.

I can't be bothered searching BOCSAR for the original quote but I'll link them at the bottom in case anyone's that interested that they want to trawl all their stats

(& I'm not posting this to be argumentative but because this is kind of important for everyone to know).

http://www.corplock.com.au/burglary-...ts-for-thought

In NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics reveal only 5% of break and enter crimes are solved by the police, so the chance of recovering stolen possessions is close to zero. In ~ 30% of burglaries the occupants are home and once you?ve been burgled, your home is more likely to be broken into again. Thieves will often come back within 3 months, giving you time to replace all the things they stole.

I walked all through my place in Redfern & out to our old back toilet multiple times over a 2 hour period after we got home from the pub one night. Every time I came downstairs to change a CD or get another beer I kept finding all the doors & drawers on our lounge & hallway cabinets open - cupboards we rarely opened ourselves. I was so drunk I didn't realise what was happening. I assumed my boyfriend was doing it when he came down to get a beer, so I just kept shutting them & going back upstairs where we all eventually fell asleep.

We got up the next morning & discovered we'd been cleaned out - the guy/s had been somewhere in the fucking room in the dark behind me every single time I came downstairs alone & closed those doors.

I was so fucking lucky they were only interested in ripping us off. They totally knew we were home. We were in a 19th century terrace house where the front bedroom on the 2nd storey jutted out over the footpath - we had all the lights on upstairs, music blaring, beer bottles clinking. They came in the window directly under the balcony - the only night it had ever been left open too. They knew we were there, & awake, & they didn't give a fuck. Even that day the police told us it was pretty common.

Whoever it was left their underwear on our lounge too. I think that freaked me out the most.

BOCSAR link -

http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/Pages/b...r_rcs2014.aspx

Maybe it is just mostly an Aussie thing? cheeky buggers came through our old place with 3 people home. Nobody even noticed they'd been and gone until the neighbour found the emptied purse in their yard.

I had to google it but there seems to be a 20 minute drive between the first address and the Blackburns home. Of course it's largely irrelevant but I do wonder how they were choosing houses, dead-end streets wouldn't be my first pick.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Just based on common knowledge, I know home robberies when nobody is home is much more common here in the States than Home Invasions. At least from what I see in the news. If robbery is your only motive, why would you make your job harder by having someone be home? They may have a gun or other weapon, they have the home field advantage. Most times when I've seen someone hurt or killed during a robbery, it's because either the robbers didn't realize someone was home or someone came home while the robbery was in progress and surprised them.

In this case, I don't think robbery was the only motive at least from one of the offenders
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

We've actually been having quite a few home invasions around these parts, closer to the city. More than the norm, anyway.

Criminals give no fucks.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

It may be that there are a billion guns in America and burglars don't want to risk that type of confrontation when they are just trying to nab some jewelry to pawn for some dope.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    We've actually been having quite a few home invasions around these parts, closer to the city. More than the norm, anyway.

Criminals give no fucks.
    We have been too. One lady (a friend of the family who works the night shift) heard glass break, woke up, and went downstairs just in time to see the guy reaching through the window and trying to unlock the door. She scared them off (there were two of them). This happened around noon.

I think most home invaders don't want to anything to do with the home owners, that's why they strike in the afternoon when they think people are at work. I think these assholes are an exception.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, mostly in the afternoon, and generally they will ring the bell or knock to see if anyone answers and then pretend to be solicitors or something when you answer. I'm pretty sure I had this happen to me while my parents were in Hawaii. I didn't drive at the time so none of the cars in the driveway were moving and after about four days I got a 7 year old kid come up to my door and ring the bell around ten at night asking if he could mow the lawn for me. There was a car at the top of the drive. I'm certain some ass hole sent his son or kid brother down to see if the occupants of the house were out of town and if I hadn't answered the door, they would have broken in.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    Maybe it is just mostly an Aussie thing? cheeky buggers came through our old place with 3 people home. Nobody even noticed they'd been and gone until the neighbour found the emptied purse in their yard.

I had to google it but there seems to be a 20 minute drive between the first address and the Blackburns home. Of course it's largely irrelevant but I do wonder how they were choosing houses, dead-end streets wouldn't be my first pick.
    The apt where the girl was raped was the same apt one of the guys lived at.

If you Google "burglars target cul-de-sacs," there's a plethora of articles about why many burglars prefer cul-de-sacs and dead-end streets.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    If you Google "burglars target cul-de-sacs," there's a plethora of articles about why many burglars prefer cul-de-sacs and dead-end streets.
    Yes, and also Indianapolis has been experiencing a crime spike so unfortunately, no one I know from the area was nearly as surprised by this crime as anyone in this thread.
    http://fox59.com/2015/01/18/indy-ran...en-for-murder/

Thread Information