Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tiahleigh Palmer (12) Body found beside Gold Coast's Pimpama River

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolihan View Post
    Although Australia certainly has a lot to answer for regarding treatment of it's first people Tiahleigh Palmer was Moari, her mother was from New Zealand. Austalia is on a crazy mission to deport any NZ with criminal history so I'm gathering Cindi Palmers past wasn't as horrendeous as media making it out to be. Plus she was preparing to regain custody. Besides that it turns out Rick is from NZ, moved to QLD Australian in 81. I wonder if there are connections? Seems most people from NZ know each other through one way or another...http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austral...nned-Australia
    Yeah I thought she was only Maori at first, think I said as much in my earlier posts too, but then I realised people on almost every Aboriginal/Indigenous FB group say she has Murri one side of her family? I'm not sure which side & I can't remember where I first saw it mentioned to post links, but it was back at the start of the year when I was barely on MDS. Whatever I saw back then made me pretty sure it was true.

That said though, after I posted I got worried I'd mixed up kids, so I went to check & edit the post if needed. She's on every major public Aboriginal pg & a hell of alot of private ones again with references to GMAR etc - so they all must've seen whatever it was I saw - & I think that what I saw was mob on my friendlist from QLD who know the family.

There is a possibility it's true because of the NZ deportations you mentioned. I'm assuming her mum at least must've been born in Australia & that's why she hasn't copped a "501" - because it really doesn't take much at all to do it (if you're Maori) & she should've gone straight to Immigration Detention after she was released - if she was born in NZ. People have ended up there for a lot less

I'll try & get confirmation either way though & fix the posts asap if it's wrong

(& yeah, this is O/T but the deportations we're talking about are really fukking gross. There's some background on it here if anyone's interested. There's already been at least one family who lost their Dad through a death in custody because of this shit https://m.facebook.com/Route501/?ref=content_filter

I wish we could see real numbers on how many white NZers are being deported compared to Maoris, Tongans & Samoans, because knowing Australian govts, they'll sacrifice a handful of token white people to point at say "Look! A white person! So we can't be racist" - it's an old trick & it still works)

& re what you were saying about child protection in QLD. The boarding school referred to in this article is in my hometown - Campbelltown, where the Tyrell washing machine man is accused of historical offences.

It's a school where John Marsden, the one-time "flamboyant" law society president (once "falsely" accused of violent child sexual abuse by one of Anita Cobby's killers) had free run of the place - just like Jimmy Saville.

There were a lot of stories shared by teens in Campbelltown back then. A lot more by streetkids - I knew people from both groups.

It makes me wonder now as an adult, about those inexplicably violent rape/torture murders that happened back then - Anita Cobby & Janine Balding. Both committed by groups of streetkids known to work The Wall in Darlinghurst (also "rumoured" to be a Marsden haunt). There's no doubt Brett O'Connor knew Marsden. They had the run of St Greg's at the same time.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/brett-ocon...08-1mh5zg.html

Also, from ABC's Media Watch

This is from news.com.au

WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    You dicks, I posted his FB above in the update

Apologies DaisyLane, I was confused about who was who..... I should have give you kudos' I can see how much you like them....

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Also, from ABC's Media Watch

This is from news.com.au

WTF??

A young girl is murdered. In other news...

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah I thought she was only Maori at first, think I said as much in my earlier posts too, but then I realised people on almost every Aboriginal/Indigenous FB group say she has Murri one side of her family? I'm not sure which side & I can't remember where I first saw it mentioned to post links, but it was back at the start of the year when I was barely on MDS. Whatever I saw back then made me pretty sure it was true.

That said though, after I posted I got worried I'd mixed up kids, so I went to check & edit the post if needed. She's on every major public Aboriginal pg & a hell of alot of private ones again with references to GMAR etc - so they all must've seen whatever it was I saw - & I think that what I saw was mob on my friendlist from QLD who know the family.

There is a possibility it's true because of the NZ deportations you mentioned. I'm assuming her mum at least must've been born in Australia & that's why she hasn't copped a "501" - because it really doesn't take much at all to do it (if you're Maori) & she should've gone straight to Immigration Detention after she was released - if she was born in NZ. People have ended up there for a lot less

I'll try & get confirmation either way though & fix the posts asap if it's wrong

(& yeah, this is O/T but the deportations we're talking about are really fukking gross. There's some background on it here if anyone's interested. There's already been at least one family who lost their Dad through a death in custody because of this shit https://m.facebook.com/Route501/?ref=content_filter

I wish we could see real numbers on how many white NZers are being deported compared to Maoris, Tongans & Samoans, because knowing Australian govts, they'll sacrifice a handful of token white people to point at say "Look! A white person! So we can't be racist" - it's an old trick & it still works)

& re what you were saying about child protection in QLD. The boarding school referred to in this article is in my hometown - Campbelltown, where the Tyrell washing machine man is accused of historical offences.

It's a school where John Marsden, the one-time "flamboyant" law society president (once "falsely" accused of violent child sexual abuse by one of Anita Cobby's killers) had free run of the place - just like Jimmy Saville.

There were a lot of stories shared by teens in Campbelltown back then. A lot more by streetkids - I knew people from both groups.

It makes me wonder now as an adult, about those inexplicably violent rape/torture murders that happened back then - Anita Cobby & Janine Balding. Both committed by groups of streetkids known to work The Wall in Darlinghurst (also "rumoured" to be a Marsden haunt). There's no doubt Brett O'Connor knew Marsden. They had the run of St Greg's at the same time.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/brett-ocon...08-1mh5zg.html
    Blighted Star, now the Second Wave of Stolen Generation makes sense.

I see it now.

The story above - Cambelltown. Faaark.

That's all Ive got for now.

This is big.

Fuckhead trent is copping it in prison yo

Kill him': Tiahleigh Palmer's foster brother Trent Thorburn has 'been bashed twice in jail' after having an 'incestuous relationship'..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wice-jail.html

Child safety service not told Tiahleigh Palmer's foster father was 'person of interest' for months

Tiahleigh Palmer?s foster father and accused killer Rick Thorburn was permitted to run a daycare business for five months after the schoolgirl?s death despite being a person of interest in the investigation, it has been revealed.

Accused killer 'not flagged' with child safety authorities
    Queensland?s Department of Child Safety and Education were not notified that Thorburn was a person of interest in the case until April 2016, and the 56-year-old held a blue card until then, The Courier Mail reports.

Tiahleigh, 12, disappeared on October 30 when Thorburn claimed he dropped her off at school and she failed to come home.

Tiahleigh's remains were found on a riverbank in November 2015.

Tiahleigh Palmer's foster brother Trent Thorburn bashed twice in prison: reports
    Foster father charged with schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer's murder
    Her body was discovered five days later, washed up on the bank of the Pimpama River.

Police told News Corp last week that Thorburn was a person of interest ?from day one?, however the child safety authority was not notified until April, Minister for Child Safety Shannon Fentiman confirmed.

Rick Thorburn has been charged over Tiahleigh's murder. Photo: Supplied.
    The department was told the Logan man was also facing allegations relating to an 11-year-old girl and four-year-old girl, the Courier Mail reported.

"In April, police notified my department and the Department of Education and Training of alleged criminal activity. This was the first time that concerns were raised about the Thorburns,? Ms Fentiman said last week.

Thorburn was charged over Tiahleigh?s murder and taken into custody on September 20, six weeks before the one-year anniversary of her disappearance.

Trent Thorburn was reportedly bashed twice in prison since his arrest. Photo: Supplied.
    His son and Tiahleigh?s foster brother Trent Thorburn is also in custody accused of having an incestual relationship with the girl in their Chambers Flat home.

The 19-year-old dancer has reportedly been bashed twice by fellow inmates since being held in the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.

The Queensland Government ordered a review into the foster care system and blue card services the day after the arrests.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32744943...-months/#page1

So it will be interesting if the other allegations with the 11 yo and 4 yo (so disgusting) happened while he was a person of interest and still running the daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    So it will be interesting if the other allegations with the 11 yo and 4 yo (so disgusting) happened while he was a person of interest and still running the daycare.
    Well considering he was opening advertising for MORE young people after he killed her, I'm open to those allegations being more than just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolihan View Post
    TY! I've been waiting for info and forgot over the break - this is kinda interesting. She should have called it in straight away in this case. I know it's hard when it's someone you love, but holy hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

A semblance of justice for this beautiful little girl, at last.

I hope her foster 'dad' gets shanked in prison.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/rick-thorburn-sentenced-for-the-murder-of-schoolgirl-tiahleigh-palmer/news-story/df8b04515941ba942d6e3bc46a8ce18d

Rick Thorburn sentenced for the murder of schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

MORE than two years after Tiahleigh Palmer was killed and left on the banks of the Pimpama River, her foster father Rick Thorburn has been sentenced.

Thorburn will spend the rest of his life in prison for murdering the 12-year-old. He will need to serve 20 years in prison before being eligible for parole on September 12, 2036.

In sentencing Thorburn, Justice David Boddice told the court the foster dad?s actions were ?cold, calculating and callous? and his conduct had been ?truly appalling".

?You murdered this defenceless child who relied on you for protection,? he said.

Justice Boddice told the court Thorburn?s difficult upbringing, including the death of his mother when he was nine, and subsequent depression didn?t excuse her brutal murder.

According to the*Courier Mail,*Justice Boddice said the way Thorburn left Tiahleigh?s body on the riverbank showed he had no respect for her, not even in death.

Speaking outside Brisbane Supreme Court, Tiahleigh?s mum Cindy Palmer said Thorburn?s sentence meant the end of her battle to get justice for her daughter.

?Today?s outcome marks the end of a long and painful fight for Tiahleigh but as her mother no sentence will ever be enough.

?Tiahleigh was a beautiful girl who had her entire life to look forward to. Rick Thorburn took that away from me, from our family and most importantly, from Tiahleigh,? she added.

Prominent child safety advocate Hetty Johnston said the prospect of Thorburn ever leaving jail was incomprehensible and upsetting.

Ms Johnston, the founder of Bravehearts, has criticised the 20-year non-parole period as too lenient when it came to the murder of children, calling on the state government to*?I?m really quite upset that parole could ever be a possibility for this man,? she told the ABC.

?There is no way a man who could knowingly, cold-blooded, calculatingly kill a little girl and leave a body to rot on the river bank should ever, ever be able to re-enter society.

?It?s incomprehensible. Anyone who kills an innocent child should never have any expectation they should see the outside of a jail ever again. ?We need to fix it so it?s really clear.?

At the beginning of his sentencing hearing, Thorburn wiped away tears as the judge asked him what plea he would be entering.

The pale, visibly thinner 57-year-old entered a formal guilty plea to murdering Tiahleigh, interfering with a corpse, attempting to pervert the course of justice and perjury.

Running through the facts of the case, Queen?s Counsel Carl Heaton told the court Thorburn played the role of ?concerned parent? after the 12-year-old failed to come home from school in October 2015.

Thorburn was ?shaking? when he filed a missing person?s report on October 30, 2015 ? despite having already killed her.

Mr Heaton told the court Thorburn?s son Trent, 18, had a conversation with a cousin on Facebook and said he was worried he had had sex with Tia and was worried she was pregnant.

That same day, Tiahleigh complained to Rick?s wife Julene of stomach pains.

Julene gave her a Nurofen and put her to bed. Hours later, she was murdered and the Nurofen played a key role in determining the date of her death, October 29, 2015.

Sometime between 8pm and 10pm on October 29, Thorburn murdered the 12-year-old, the court was told.

Going through the facts of the case, Mr Heaton told the court one of Rick?s sons was told by their father ?Tia is no longer with us, I hope you understand what that means?.

The court heard Thorburn came home at 11pm the next night, covered in mud and dirt, and told his family ?it?s done?.

The court heard the family maintained a lie about Tiahleigh running away before her body, unclothed but for her underpants, was found in the river.

An autopsy was conducted but due to the state of her body a cause of death was never determined, the court heard. The only noticeable injury was a bruise on her skull.

Thorburn kept his head down and his arms folded as Mr Heaton went through the facts of the case.

Thorburn?s lawyer Greg McGuire then told the court his client said ?not a day goes by that I?m not haunted by what I?ve done?.

The foster father sobbed on the stand as Mr McGuire told the court he hadn?t spoken to his wife and children since his arrest.

The court heard Thorburn is in protective custody in prison and his only human contact is with medical staff.

Thorburn, who was 55 when he murdered Tiahleigh, has spent 619 days in custody.

Justice Boddice told the court Thorburn?s criminal history was ?largely relevant? to the murder case.

Tiahleigh?s mother Cindy Palmer also submitted a victim impact statement to be read on the day of his sentencing.

Thorburn was the last of his family to be in court over the murder, which gripped Australia.

Tiahleigh, 12,*had been living with the Thorburns for 10 months when they reported her missing on October 30, 2015.

Thorburn claimed he had dropped the 12-year-old off near Marsden State High School in the Queensland city of Logan on the morning of October 30.

But when he returned to pick her up that afternoon, she never showed.

A week later, a fisherman found Tiahleigh?s semi-naked, partially decomposed body on the edge of Pimpama River. It is still not known how she died.

It took police 11 months to gather strong enough evidence to charge the entire Thorburn family in relation to the 12-year-old?s murder.

Rick, his sons Josh and Trent and his wife Julene were all arrested in September 2016.

Police alleged*Thorburn killed Tiahleigh in order to cover up his son Trent?s sexually abusive relationship with the 12-year-old.

Almost immediately after he was charged, Thorburn attempted to end his own life by overdosing on pills while in jail.

He was placed in an induced coma in Brisbane?s Alexandra Hospital for a number of days but was eventually sent back to prison.

In March,*Thorburn indicated he would plead guilty to murdering Tiahleigh*and a judge scheduled his sentencing for May 25.

He was facing a life sentence for the murder.

Thorburn also pleaded guilty to a charge of perjury relating to alleged lies he told about her disappearance and interfering with a corpse.

In 2015, few suspected the Thorburn family could be behind Tiahleigh?s death.

At his foster daughter?s funeral, Rick was one of the six pallbearers wearing a bright purple shirt bearing the words ?Tiahleigh RIP?.

In March, hours after Thorburn indicated he would plead guilty to all charges, Tiahleigh?s mother Cindy Palmer said she hoped the father?s sentence would finally be the end of the painful case.

?My beautiful daughter Tiahleigh deserves justice. I hope it comes on May 25th. Thank you, everyone ... I have lots to say, but right now, I will let the police and court do their job. Tia, I love you,? she told the ABC.

Thorburn?s two sons and wife were also jailed in connection to her murder.

Trent, who admitted to having sex with his foster sister, was jailed in September 2017 for a maximum four years after pleading guilty at the Beenleigh District Court to four charges, including incest.

With time served, after spending 16 months in prison, he was released on parole on January 19, 2018.

His mother Julene spent six months behind bars after pleading guilty to perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice in November 2017. She was released earlier this month.

The Thorburns? eldest son Joshua, was sentenced to three months in jail in July 2017 after pleading guilty to the same charges as his mother.

On the day of Joshua?s release, Tiahleigh?s biological mother Cindy slammed his freedom on her Facebook page #Justice4Tiahleigh.

?It has been brought to my attention that ? Josh Thorburn will be saying goodbye to his old life in prison and will (today) be let out to move on with and live a fulfilling life,? Ms Palmer wrote.

?He will be able to put this whole thing behind him and go on with his life. Just another kick in the face to show you how much more rights/protection and leniency criminals have these days,? she added.

They consider it incest with non relatives in aus?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    They consider it incest with non relatives in aus?
    To be honest i was a little shocked by that also, im guessing because she was being fostered they see it as she was a family member, blood or not.

Also not sure if any other Aussies on here watched the story on 60 mins last night covering this, it didn't cover much more than has already been released but i found it interesting some of the things her blood mother had to say. Sad that she put her children into care to protect them and this ended up happening.

Thread Information