Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiahleigh Palmer (12) Body found beside Gold Coast's Pimpama River

Tiahleigh Palmer (12) Body found beside Gold Coast's Pimpama River

Police have identified a body found on the banks of the Gold Coast's Pimpama River as 12-year-old Logan girl Tiahleigh Palmer.

Tiahleigh was last seen at a Marsden school about 8.10am last Friday, and police issued a missing person alert for her on Thursday.

Fishermen discovered a body on the banks of the river about 5.30pm the same day.
    Police confirmed the remains were those of a girl with dark hair, aged 12 to 18, and worked to formally identify her.

Before the remains were identified, Tiahleigh's grandmother appealed for her to come home and described her as a loving child.
    'She's not a street kid, she's not that sort of kid. She?s a lovely girl," Sue Palmer told 9NEWS.

Detectives are treating the case as a suspicious death, and have established an investigation centre at the Logan Police Complex.

Police have appealed for anyone who visited the bridge over the river on Kerkin Road North over the past week to come forward.
    Anyone who may have seen suspicious or out of place vehicles should also contact police.

"We are really interested in speaking with anyone who was at the bridge or at that part of the river anytime over the last seven days," Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said.

Earlier, police suggested the body may have been at the site for some time.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...VpTgDVTKpmB.99

Poor little thing. She was so young 😩

This is like Sian Kingi

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...6225d51718f133

POLICE have reissued a public appeal for information over the shock death of Marsden schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, as their investigation turns to missing items of the teenager.

The 12-year-old?s body was found on a Pimpama riverbank late Thursday.

But it is what was not found that has become the focus of police investigations.

Pic: Supplied by police

A Mambo backpack like the one Tiahleigh had.

Police and SES search for clues near Pimpama where Tiahleigh Palmer's body was found.

Teenage girl found in river identified
    Queensland police say a body found in a Gold Coast river is that of a teenage girl.

Police and SES set up at the search site near Pimpama on Saturday. Pic: Luke Marsden.

Tiahleigh was last seen wearing her Marsden State High School uniform and carrying a colourful Mambo backpack.

However, neither her uniform or the backpack have been found.

Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson of South East Police Region would not say whether Tiahleigh?s body was naked when she was found by three fishermen.

She was missing for A WEEK?? A 12 yr old schoolkid missing for a week in her school uniform?? How did I not hear about this before she was found??

http://www.9news.com.au/National/201...found-in-river

A pink backpack and a school uniform could hold the key to finding out what happened to a 12-year-old girl whose body was found floating in a south-east Queensland river.

Police say Tiahleigh Palmer was last seen being dropped off by her carer at Marsden State High School in Logan about 8.10am on October 30.

Her school uniform and distinctive pink Mambo backpack weren't with her when her body was found on the banks of Pimpama River on the northern Gold Coast on Thursday afternoon, 30km from where she was last seen.

Police have identified a body found in the Pimpama River as Tiahleigh Palmer.

"We're asking members of the public who may have seen a backpack like this, under circumstances which may be suspicious ... to contact the police," Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said.

Earlier today SES volunteers joined the search for clues on the riverbank where Tiahleigh's body was found.

It's believed her body had been in the river for at least a week before it was spotted on Thursday by three fishermen.

Police are treating the school girl's death as a suspected homicide and while a post-mortem has been carried out, however police are still not certain how Tiahleigh died.

Before the remains were identified, Tiahleigh's grandmother appealed for her to come home and described her as a loving child.

"She's not a street kid, she?s not that sort of kid. She's a lovely girl," Sue Palmer told 9NEWS.

Emergency services at the scene. (9NEWS)
    Tributes on social media pages have begun pouring in for Tiahleigh.

Police are appealing for anyone who has visited the area around Kerkin Road North in Pimpama in the past seven days to come forward to help detectives establish a timeline.

A candlelight vigil will be held in her honour at a park near her school tomorrow night.

Going back through all the old missing articles, Tiahleigh was in foster care, her mum was trying to regain custody. She'd run for short periods in the past - so I guess that explains why I didn't hear anything. Poor kid. They assumed she'd just done a runner again last week

Police say her carer says she was dropped at school at 8.10am. I'm trying to find sightings of her that day, either at school or hiding out at the shops with friends etc, but all I can find so far is "last seen at school at 8.10am - which I assume is just the carer being quoted

I had a major disaster when I copied a paragrah from this article (as in it copied every article this publication has ever featured EVER) but yeah, there's some quotes here from family & friends -

http://www.frient.com/m/news/view/-n...gh-Palmer-12-n
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-07-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Oh poor Sian Kingi and Helen Feeney. Valmae fucking Beck and Barry fucking Watts. So sick and twisted. I'm still so pissed off that pig died in her 60's. She got off so lightly. She didn't give any information about other cases and I bet she knew more. Oh but she converted to christianity before she croaked. Fucking pathetic. I have total hatred for the both of them.

This poor girl. What little life she had must have been so confusing.

From your link Blighted.

Police have confirmed the identity of decomposed body found on Friday
    She is 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer, last seen in Marsden, south Brisbane
    The body was found in the Pimpama River in Queensland?s Gold Coast
    Police say it appears the girl had been dead for up to a week
    Post mortem is being conducted and forensic officers remain at the scene

Published: 06:41 EST, 6 November 2015 | Updated: 09:01 EST, 6 November 2015

Her body had been discovered in the Pimpama River in Queensland's Gold Coast on Friday afternoon, and was later identified as Tiahleigh on Friday evening.

The girl from Chambers Flat in Logan, south of Brisbane, was last seen in Marsden, south of Brisbane, wearing her school uniform at an educational facility around 8.10am on Friday October 30, a week before her body was discovered.

Queensland Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia that the death of the girl is being treated as a homicide.

Police confirmed the identity on Friday evening, after police were called to the river at around 5.15pm on Friday
    She was last seen in Marsden, south of Brisbane, on the morning of Friday, October 30 at around 8am

Prior to the discovery of her body, family members had posted desperate pleas on Facebook, appealing for help to ?get her home safe?.

Another wrote on Thursday: 'Her family are extremely worried about her.'

Following the discovery and identification of Tiahleigh, a friend wrote a Facebook post questioning how anyone could believe in God considering the news. Another friend responded in agreement: 'She was only a baby.'

Posts on social media by family members appear to reveal that Tiahleigh was in foster care.

One person had written on a 'missing' post online that the 12-year-old regularly went missing.

However, Tiahleigh's mother responded and said that this was only for short periods at a time and that the last time she went missing it had only been for a few hours.

One woman identified herself as the mother of one of Tiahleigh's friends. She wrote that she felt 'sick', because the 12-year-old had asked to stay at her home on the Friday she went missing.

The woman declined, aware that she was avoiding her home.

'Apparently she caught a random bus and wasn't getting off until she got to the city,' the woman wrote.

It has also been said that the girl did not have a mobile phone.

The body was removed from the river after police received a call at about 5.15pm on Friday, and police said earlier on Friday that it appears the girl had been dead for up to a week
    The body was removed from the river after police received a call at about 5.15pm on Friday, and police said earlier on Friday that it appears the girl had been dead for up to a week

Police say the incident is being treated as suspicious but it is too early to say whether it is a murder, suicide or an accident
    Police say the incident is being treated as suspicious but it is too early to say whether it is a murder, suicide or an accident

The body was removed from the river after police received a call at about 5.15pm on Friday, and police said earlier on Friday that it appears the girl had been dead for up to a week.

No cause of death has been established, but a Queensland Police spokesman said a homicide investigation is underway.

The body was originally described as belonging to a female with dark brown hair, aged between 12 and 18.

A major crime scene has been established around a bridge on the river where the body was found near Kerkin Road.

Police are appealing to the public to come forward if they were in the vicinity of the bridge over the Pimpama River on Kerkin Road North within the last seven days.

Detectives are also appealing to anyone who may have seen any people or vehicles that appeared suspicious or out of place, to contact them.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Oh shit. Just noticed something that's been staring me in the face all day

I assume all our Aus members saw the reports on the 4 men that beat up a 16 yr old boy in a Victorian park, then literally picked up & carried away the 14 yr old girl he was with. They took her to a nearby home where all 4 raped her before dumping her back in the park.

The 2 men arrested for it in Vic are brothers. There are another 2 being questioned by police in WA & QLD over this rape - they're relatives of the Vic brothers & the one from QLD is from Pimpana.

What are the fucking chances

The Vic attack was on Sunday. This guy better hope he can prove beyond doubt he wasn't in QLD 2 days earlier (Edit I mean A WEEK earlier) on friday because this has to be less than a one in a million coincidence. & if he wasn't in QLD I wonder if he has a male relative who was - seeing as there seems to be some gross family hobby going on with these guys.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-0...g-park/6921038

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...enager-geelong

Edit : weird coincidences aside, police have said they're still trying to find a credible sighting of her after the carer says she was dropped at 8.10am. So far there are none - & that's pretty weird in itself. It made sense kids might not speak up while ever they thought there was a chance she was hiding out. Now that everyone knows the truth, IF her friends or other students saw her that day, they'd be speaking up.

Likewise, if she really caught a bus from school into the city, someone should've noticed her waiting for the bus or on it, just like they did with Daniel Morcombe. So I'm nowhere near convinced this was a random thing, despite the Vic/Pimpana connection
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-08-2015 at 02:45 AM.

Police appeal for dashcam footage & Tiahleigh's distinctive backpack

https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/autho...-1227600227745

DETECTIVES have issued another appeal for dashcam footage as they continue to investigate the death of schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

Police are urging motorists, cyclists or anybody else with a dash cam or similar recording device who travelled along Chambers Flat Rd or Muchow Rd on Friday, October 30, to contact Crime Stoppers.

Anybody who was in the vicinity of the bridge over the Pimpama River on Kerkin Road North between October 30 and November 6 is also urged to come forward.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-07-2015 at 09:51 PM.

This is the notorious Courier Mail, so dose of salt etcetc

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...e6b372&login=1

AT FIRST there was hope. The little girl, dropped near the school gates, had not made it to class. Maybe she was with friends. She?d run away before, once or twice. But Tiahleigh Palmer *always came home within a few hours.

On that first day, Tia?s family and foster carers did everything to find her. They contacted police. Parents and friends from school. They drove to the places they?d found her in the past. They drove the streets.

They weren?t panicked. But they were worried. After all, she was only 12.

Tributes are laid outside the gates of Marsden High School. Picture: Glenn Barnes

When the day grew dark and she still wasn?t home, worry turned to anger. Was she at a friend?s house? Why hadn?t anyone called?

?If any of her friends are hiding her again, please do the right thing and let us know. She needs to come home where she belongs,? Tia?s foster carer posted on a Facebook group for residents in the Logan area.

Minutes earlier, the page?s administrator had uploaded a photo of Tia at the family?s request. In it, the little girl smiled for the camera in the same school uniform she?d been wearing that day. Her purple Mambo backpack hung from her shoulders.

Tia, the post read, had not been seen since that morning. Her carer had dropped her near the school gates at 8.10am ? 15 minutes before classes started. She hadn?t made it through the school gates.

A note left for Tiahleigh outside Marsden High School.

Family would later be told that Tia had stopped in at McDonald?s before boarding a bus. But police say their last confirmed sighting of her was from her carer, as she got out of his car and headed to school. ?The moment she went missing, her Facebook was deactivated,? said Sharon, a mother at the school. ?Her mum did not know she was missing until that afternoon and her Facebook had already been deactivated.

?She was panicked. She didn?t stop, that mother. She just kept going and going and people were getting really angry with her because she kept messaging them, asking if they had seen her daughter.?

They looked for her all night. Tia didn?t like the dark. She was naive and eager to please. She was good at her school work and never got into trouble.

She?d stood up in class once, upset that her fellow students were misbehaving.

?Can you all behave for the teacher please?? she?d said. ?We?re meant to be good kids, not bad kids.?

Tia?s family were back online the next morning pleading for help. It was*not the first time they?d used social media to find her. But it was the first time she?d stayed away for an *entire night.

?We have usually located her within a few hours, so we are in a very worried space and are desperate to find her,? her carer wrote.

Tia?s mother, Cyndi Palmer, had also been posting frantically. Parents at the school said Ms Palmer had been working so hard to get her daughter out of care and back under her own roof. ?I?m so sickly worried for my daughter,? she wrote.

?At this point I don?t care if she doesn?t want to come home. I just need to know she is OK.?

Tia?s father also posted a desperate*message to the missing*girl.

After two nights without their girl, Tia?s family was still hopeful a friend was keeping her hidden.

They could not imagine she was likely already dead.

?She has to be at someone?s house. She has no money. She does not like being out in the dark alone. She (is) not familiar with too many areas, so (if) she is with someone, please anyone around the Logan area this morning keep looking. We and her mum are worried sick about her please,? her carer wrote.

On Monday morning, they asked the parents of Marsden State High School to keep an eye out for her. A relative of Tia?s was there, waiting.

As the days went by, Ms Palmer continued her desperate pleading with friends and parents from the school. When somebody told her about Tia being seen with another girl, she sent messages asking for information.

?We didn?t steal ya kid so f--- off,? one person wrote back.

It would be six days *before information on Tia?s disappearance was released to the media.

?IS THIS ON THE TV YET?? Tia?s aunt wrote on the fourth day. ?Please don?t assume this is a typical runaway. Over 72 hours since last seen!?

On November 5, police contacted media outlets with Tia?s school photograph. She?d been gone since October*30.

A social media image of Tiahleigh Palmer.

Yesterday, they defended the delay, saying they?d spent the week speaking with parents, teachers and students and investigating possible sightings of the girl.

But now they admit that Tia was most likely dead not long after she *disappeared.

The morning after police issued their missing person?s alert, a group of fishermen found a little body on the banks of the Pimpama River, a busy waterway in the northern Gold Coast.

Tia was badly decomposed and no longer wearing the school uniform she?d had on the morning she dis*appeared. It is understood police are now investigating the possibility she had gone to meet somebody and met with foul play.

Friends gathered at Tia?s school yesterday where they left flowers and tributes for her.

Her foster carers arrived with her teddy bear and a note.

?Tia,? it began, ?you were my mate.*We spent so many nights together. Although I?m just a bear, we comforted each other and you talked to me as if I was real. I?ll miss your hugs and talks. I?m with you always. Love forever, Bear

Maybe it's just me, but the bear & note strikes me as kind of off. If it was actually her bear it seems extremely weird to just leave it by the fence at the school's memorial - wouldn't you keep it, or at least offer it to her family? & writing a pretend note from a stuffed toy, but not yourself??

I don't know. Like I said, maybe it's just me.

Didn't realise the carer was a guy either. Police seem to be saying he made the last known sighting too. I saw it mentioin ed somewhere that she went to McDonald's, then caught the bus but at the same time they keep saying 8.10 is the last known sighting.

Will try & find links re Maccas & the bus because I don't see how the carer can still be cnsidered the last verified sighting if they've accepted Maccas & the bus as part of the official timeline.

Edit Duh. Ignore the Maccas/bus part - I read it in THIS article. Not confirmed. Not part of the police timeline. Hmm.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-07-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Tiahleigh's fb tribute page trolled

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...07-gktdl8.html

A Facebook page setup to remember Tiahleigh Palmer, a 12-year-old schoolgirl whose body was found in a river south of Brisbane on Thursday, has become the target of a cruel troll.

Tia, as she was more commonly known, had been missing for almost a week when police formally identified her body at Pimpama river on Friday evening.

The Facebook page, RIP Tiahleigh Palmer,*was set up in the early hours of Saturday morning to pay tribute to the "sweet angel", with over one thousand followers so far.

https://www.facebook.com/RIP-Tiahlei...6727250054762/

Those who knew Tia and those who never met her left heartfelt messages of love and care for the young girl and her family.

"R.I.P. Tiahleigh my heart is so heavy with grief for what some person has done to you.I have grandkids around your age and i dont think i could handle what your poor mum Cindy is going through.``Fly `with the angel`s` sweet child god bless you and your family," wrote one follower.

However, one Facebook user*trolled*the page, upsetting many who had come to the page only to pay their condolences.

The Facebook user*trolled many comment sections on the page and*was swiftly shut down by followers who asked everyone to "just ignore him he isn't worth the time he is only wanting attention.." with one woman telling him to "keep your weird opinions to yourself and have some respect for her parents."

It says the foster carers arrived with the bear at the school so I'm assuming there is a foster mum and dad. Foster dad was probably the one that did the school drop off.
    DHS and the foster system makes things very murky as we've seen many times before.
    Such a damn shame
    Last edited by emylou; 11-07-2015 at 10:59 PM.

If her facebook page was deactivate on the day she went missing, then I think it's possible she had an online relationship with somebody. Maybe she was meeting up with him that day to run away together. He may have told her to delete her facebook account so the police couldn't find them or read their private messages to each other.

Yeah, that or someone close to her, with access to her account, maybe via the devices she used, deleted it to create exactly this impression.

Huge, huge DM article here. The last foster carer, Ms Pemberton, is talking a lot, which is a bit unusual when you consider the extreme silence on the William Tyrrell case, maybe the rules aren't as strict/stupid in QLD?

The missing alert delay for Tiah was unforgiveable. QLDPol can make all the excuses they like, but they put out alerts for much older teens who have been missing way less than this 12 yr old.

Someone in QLDPol judged Tiahleigh on her foster history & her deleted fb account probably helped too (especially after the case in Melbourne with the 2 girls who took off together for weeks). QLDpol fucked up. BIGTIME. It doesn't matter even if they know a kid that young left voluntarily, if they're only 12 yrs old they're instantly at-risk. That should be obvious to anyone with a brain ffs. & in Tiah's case they didn't know she left voluntarily. They just fucking assumed.

It probably wouldn't have saved her if they'd been on it after the first call, I have a feeling she was gone even before her fb account was deleted, but her family shouldn't have had to fight to get police to alert the public to a missing 12 yr old on top of everything else they were dealing with that week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-custody.html

I've seen comments a couple of times saying she was trying hard to stay with school friends & not go home friday night. That doesn't sounbd like a kid who was arranging to run with a secret fb "friend". I guess if she was desperate she might've made arrangements with someone she thought she could trust, but deleting the fb account herself implies she was doing a longterm runner & I can't see her doing that if her mum was about to regain custody?

Still no sightings besides the carer either. She was dropped at the oval just 10 mins before the bell - she should've been seen by multiple people, yet police have had to re-run the appeals due to a lack of responses

Anyway, here's part of the article.

<<snipped>>
    When Tiahleigh vanished eight days ago, Ms Palmer, Ms Pemberton and the teenager?s current foster parents coordinated a desperate search and called the police repeatedly.

However, police considered the schoolgirl to be a ?runaway? and only listed her as missing six days after her disappearance.

?We tried to get help but everybody blocked us. She?s a baby, she didn?t deserve this. But it?s too late now,? said Ms Pemberton.

A spokesman for Queensland Police told Daily Mail Australia that that did not necessarily mean they hadn't been searching for her.*

Detectives are asking parents of children from Marsden State High School to ask their children if Tiahleigh mentioned plans to travel before her disappearance.

People with dash cams or go pro footage who travelled near Marsden State High School between dawn and dusk on October 30 or have CCTV along those streets - Chambers Flat Road and Muchow Road - are urged to submit the footage to police by contacting Crime Stoppers.

On the night she disappeared, Tiahleigh had wanted to stay at the house of a friend ? but the friend?s mother did not allow it.

The mother has posted about the regret she feels after she didn?t let the little girl sleepover.

?I feel sick to my stomach, it?s my daughter?s friend and she wanted to stay at our house on Friday but I said no because she was trying not to go home and was trying to stay with everyone,? the Queensland woman wrote on Facebook on November 2.

?Apparently she just caught a random bus and wasn?t getting off until she got to the city.

?I don?t know much but I wish I'd said yes.?

Ms Pemberton said the 12-year-old ran away a couple of times while ?Tia? was in her care, but the little girl was always quickly found and says the behaviour is typical for a child of that age.

She did run away a couple of times in my care like most kids do but she was never gone for more than two hours.

?She?d been running away a lot more frequently this year and I don?t know why.?

The young girl?s mother agreed, writing: ?it?s the third time it?s happened and never this long, I the mother found her within hours when she did it last.?

A crime scene has been established where a body was found at the Pimpama River in Queensland?s Gold Coast

Although she was last seen in her school uniform, she was not dressed in her uniform when her body was discovered *but was wearing her distinctive jewellery, the Courier Mail*reported. Queensland Police could not confirm this.*

The young girl was lost and ?never settled? according to her former carer, but incredibly loved.

?Miss Tia had a mind of her own as 12 year olds do,? Ms Pemberton told Daily Mail Australia.

?She was no angel but no child is. She was my devil. She was Tia and I wouldn?t want her any other way.?

?She was a gorgeous girl, she really was. A wild horse ? you might have been able to tame her but could never have broke her. She had a lovely spirit that kid.

?I?d tell her than sometimes the grass isn?t always greener, but she could never settle. She had a lot of issues.

?It was so hard for her, she had a very screwed up life in the foster system.

?A lot of people didn?t appreciate her, they took offence, but she was only a kid.'

Tiahleigh had moved from home to home, reportedly growing increasingly agitated and acting out until she settled in Gympie with the Pembertons.

?When we first got Tia just before her birthday three years ago she was quite impressed with herself that she managed to get rid of a carer in 24 hours. But can you imagine what she?d been through to get rid of a carer like that??

?But we threw her a big birthday party and my girls did up a pink bedroom for her which was absolutely gorgeous.

?And Tia loved it, she was a messy little critter, she couldn?t keep her room clean if she tried. But she loved it.?

The family are traumatised by what has happened and can?t help but torture themselves with: ?what if??

?I knew Tia was dead yesterday when I heard on the radio that they found a body in the river. I opened the car door and threw my guts up.

?They said from the state of the body that they couldn?t even determine the sex ? I thought ?no, no it won?t be her. She was smarter than that.?<<snipped>>

RIP Tiahleigh. I'm sorry the world sucked so bad for you & you never got the chance to grow up & make it change. Life is so fucking unfair.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-08-2015 at 04:59 AM.

This has been on my FB news feed since the 30th since it's fairly local. From what I've gathered, the maccas thing came from her biomum who was the one originally messaging a community crime page to get them to make "Missing Person" posts since the police weren't doing anything - the people on that page are the ones that contacted the media. She's since deactivated.

Or maybe she was seen after she was dropped off?

You'd think if this was true they'd have a last sighting away from the school though?

https://m.facebook.com/comment/repli...AQlSTJd31i5Z_H

Not sure if this has been posted already however there was a comment on a news report today (I am assuming from someone she went to school with) that on the day she went missing she went to her 16-18yo male friends place with younger brother. Younger brother left and returned home, she didn't. Perhaps this 16-18yo male is a person of interest. I can't remember where it was commented but will start searching and if I find anything send through on pm.

That came from a local crime reporting fb page for her area. They're kind of trying to collate tips for police.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...55911744555011

The tribute page linked in the article upthread now has a post from some kid claiming he got a text from a person claiming to have killed her. He says he says he's going to call Crimestoppers. He looks 11 & lives in Cowra though (waaay south of me in rural NSW & a long, long way from QLD so I'm guessing he's full of shit & doesn't realise his page is open).

The links not working but I assume it's the page I was talking about before, Crime Watch Logan. The admin has a habit of deleting comments.

Id say the visiting friends with her brother story is just another person talking shit, otherwise they'd be using that as the last known sighting.

I think I screenshot it, it's a drama linking from this tablet though.

& yeah, that's what I was thinking re these stories & the timeline. The McDonalds thing was being thrown around a lot, yet police still haven't included it in the official timeline - I guess this means security cameras said otherwise when they finally checked?

There's a new article in The Australian today, it's not like I'm prone to viewing The Aus as a trusted source, but she sounds like a kid who planned to be at school that day. & really, she never had run away before. Storming off for a couple of hours during the day is NOT anywhere near the same as taking off overnight with another person.

This poor kid

https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/autho...-1227601152812

Pupils may hold clues in Qld murder probe
    AAP NOVEMBER 09, 2015 10:13AM
    Print

Police are continuing to hunt for Queensland schoolgirl's uniform and bag after she was found dead. Source: AAP
    DETECTIVES will question pupils at a Queensland school in a bid to solve the suspected murder of 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer.

A TASKFORCE of 60 officers is trying to piece together what happened to Tiahleigh after she was dropped off by a carer at Marsden State High School, south of Brisbane, on October 30.

Fisherman found her body six days later, on the banks of the Pimpama River, 30km from the school where she was last seen.
    Police are hoping students may shed light on any plans Tiahleigh may have had to meet anyone outside her usual group of friends, including anyone she might have had contact with online.
    "We will have a team of detectives at her school today. We hope to speak to lots of school students," Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson told ABC radio.
    Officers are still hunting for the girl's distinctive Mambo backpack and her school uniform.
    Tiahleigh's friends were among those who attended a candlelight vigil held for her on Sunday night.
    One friend, identified only as Brittani, has told The Courier-Mail of Tiahleigh's ambitions for a life in the spotlight.
    "She was going to be a dancer when she was older. She didn't even become a teenager," she said.
    Tiahleigh, who was known as Tia, had been due to attend a school performance on the day she disappeared.
    "She was supposed to be coming but never made it," Brittani said.
    The suspected murder has sparked calls for improved surveillance at all Australian schools.
    "Pedophiles think our schools are like a smorgasbord," Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale told ABC radio.
    "They hang around the schools, they watch ... if they knew there were cameras there it would start making our children a lot safer."
    Tia had what's been described as a complex family situation and was not living with her family when she disappeared.
    Students mourning their class mate have been offered counselling, as a floral tribute for Tia grows at the gates of the school.
    Teddy bears have been left alongside bouquets of brightly coloured flowers, many with handwritten notes of farewell attached.

Suddenly all dicussion of foster care has been replaced with "She had a complicated family situation".

Sounds oh so familiar. I guess QLD foster care rules aren't quite so different to NSW afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    The links not working but I assume it's the page I was talking about before, Crime Watch Logan. The admin has a habit of deleting comments.

Id say the visiting friends with her brother story is just another person talking shit, otherwise they'd be using that as the last known sighting.

Did you mean my links? I went to fix or replace them & they both just worked for me, which is weird because if anyone has trouble with fb it's usually me.

Anyway, so far these comments seem to still be up.

So far. Most of the original "missing girl" posts are gone, which is not surprising, because in the only one that was left, the admin was telling people Tiahleigh was with another missing girl whose initials are T.S & they're at one of several houses in the area that are known to give kids drugs & alcohol & tell them how to claim Centrelink & get away from their parents.

It made me want to ask if T.S was home safe yet.

I cant believe they let her go nearly a week before appealing for info on her disappearance. Not good enough! Poor little mite, the first I heard she was missing was her body was found and hopefully the inaction wasn't because she isn't lily white with blonde hair. That day I was panicked and called my sister to check my niece's whereabouts, and then had a same thought someone else doing that was gunna have a really shit day. RIP Tiahleigh. The system failed you.

That guy up for raping the 14 year old down south with his brothers, makes you sick doesn't it? Family reunion, a family that rapes together stays together. Hope they all get to stay in a cage together for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, ditto here on the possible reasons for police inaction - foster kid, Islander community, mum "known to police". Chris Hurley works on the Gold Coast. For that piece of filth to have the support of his colleagues, at least some have to have similar attitudes to his (for anyone who doesn't know who Hurley is, see the Mulrunji Doomadgee death in custody/Palm Island riot).

Re Victoria, totally, I couldn't believe it when I read the family reunion part??

More on that case here, Brodie Wild is the guy from Pimpana. I assume he's been ruled out for Tiahleigh? They wouldn' t have extradited him to Vic otherwise, right?

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...-1227599731122

& it looks like her family ended up getting the bear mentioned upthread (scroll down at link). I'm glad they did. It seemed awful to just leave it out in the weather if it was something she cared about in her last weeks of life

https://m.facebook.com/holakihaamea....3Du_0_1w&mdf=1

At least one kid told media they saw her outside school that morning & police are quoted saying they believe she entered the school - if that's the case I unreservedly take back everything I said earlier

Police still haven't amended that timeline though & you'd think they would so they can ask people who were at xyz at whatever time to report what they did/didn't see. They're asking people who were in the area of the school & river to contact them even if they saw nothing because even that helps narrow the timeline.

I've seen a few more kids fom her school post (5 Nov or earlier) that they "knew" she'd just taken off with another girl from their school. I assume that girl's home now seeing as there's no other missing kids from Marsden High being reported? Unfortunately she's in the worst age group for kids wanting to be involved in whatever drama's going down. This time the "drama" is something really horrible. I hope she really was seen at school & police don't have to wade through too much shit to get to the truth (not directed at the girl in this article). Unfortunately over a week had passed before police started questioning students & school mornings, all being pretty much the same, tend to blend together over time. It's possible kids genuinely thought they saw her but got their days mixed up

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-0...ameras/6922926

GALLERY at link: Tiahleigh Palmer murder investigation
    MAP: Marsden 4132
    Security cameras need to be installed in schools to protect students from predators, Ipswich's mayor says, as police continue to investigate the suspected murder of 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer.

Key points:

Remains found on bank of Pimpama River identified as Tiahleigh Palmer on Friday

Marsden State High School uniform and pink backpack still missing

Police believe the Year 7 student was murdered

About 300 people attended a candlelight vigil on Sunday night for the Year 7 student at a park near her Marsden State High School, south of Brisbane.

The grieving community wore Tiahleigh's favourite colour, purple, and the haka was performed. Flowers, toys and photos were left at the school's gate.

Her naked body was found by fishermen on a remote stretch of riverbank on the Gold Coast, about 30 kilometres away, six days later.

Police are appealing for any Marsden residents with CCTV footage to hand it in.
    <<snipped>>

Police to talk to students today

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson will be at Tiahleigh's school today talking to students.

He said police wanted to know if she spoke about meeting someone outside of her normal friendship group or online.

The police investigation, called Operation North Mizzen, is examining the records of convicted sex offenders in the area.

Detective*Superintendent David Hutchinson
    "There has been no information to date which would suggest that [a sexual assault] has occurred," Det Supt Hutchinson said.

"But that is a normal routine response to this type of investigation.

"We need to pin down her movements.

"Although we do believe she went into the school after she was dropped off - we are uncertain where she went after that.

"I don't think it is appropriate to go into her behavioural issues prior to her going missing."

Tiahleigh 'wanted to become a dancer'

Tiahleigh's friend Kaitlin Griffiths said she saw her outside the school the morning she disappeared.

"She walked past me and said hey and I said hey, and then she just kept walking," Kaitlin said.

"I was going to stop her but I didn't because I didn't know where she was going."

School friend Brittani McNamee said Tiahleigh was a popular girl.

"She would make everyone laugh and smile," she said.

"She was going to be a dancer when she was older but she didn't even become a teenager. Lots of people have been crying, it's upsetting to know a 12-year-old girl is gone."

Counselling is being offered to students.

Oh shit. That small world thing we've been talking about with fb accounts on Aus cases?

I'm connected via one of her Aunties. 28 friends in common with someone in her friend list

Edit - ffs, lots of people are starting to say that the 6 day delay police are copping shit for had nothing to do with QLDpol & everything to do with QLD's version of DOCs refusing to allow a public alert for one of their kids.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/repli...BC00sQNbokONt7

I said it was the opposite of William Tyrrell. I was wrong. It's exactly the fucking same.

NOW can they change these bullshit privacy restrictions? This is insane. They're aiding & abetting child killers with laws that are supposed to protect their victims
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-08-2015 at 11:01 PM.

It really sounds like whoever she left with she planned to leave with.

So if she did leave with another girl- makes sense. Wear uniform to school but have a change of clothes in your backpack. Meet other girl at school, leave together, change clothes to meet up with some guys.
    If she did leave with another girl- interviewing that girl is going to be key.

Although Tiahleigh was last seen in her school uniform, she was not dressed in her uniform when her body was discovered.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3qz3ZHHct
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    When I was her age I did some crazy things. I would go to school, change clothes (that I took with me in my backpack), put on makeup and leave with friends to walk around downtown, meet guys, etc. So that does seem plausible to me.

You know, I had just assumed she was naked when found.

Thread Information