Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two Women Found Dead in Debs Park, Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I wonder if they knew each other, they are not fb friends..
    Pretty sure they are. I saw Gabby on Briana's friends list...

And, I came in late. Gabby's page has tons if pics of little bangers on it. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Someone just posted this in my Nextdoor:

According to information from Hollenbeck investigators, the two bodies found in the Rose Hill Park area are local women. They are not residents of Montecito Heights, Rose Hill or Hermon. Names of the victims will not be released until their families are notified. They have been identified by their fingerprints. They were not shot or stabbed. They were not sexually assaulted. They were beaten beyond recognition. The manner of their killing suggests their assailant(s) knew them, ruling out a random homeless person or stranger. And to repeat a correction to misinformation stated here earlier, no murders have occurred in the Arroyo or Hermon Park recently. It is important to avoid speculation about crimes as the investigation continues.

Beaten beyond recognition? What a horrible, horrible way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Very sad. RIP Briana and Gabby

Case Number:
    2015-07451

Name:
    GABRIELA CALZADA
    Date of Birth:
    03/05/1996
    Ethnicity:
    HISPANIC/LATIN AMERICAN
    Date of Death:
    10/28/2015
    Place of Death:
    HILLSIDE

Manner:
    N/A
    Cause A:
    N/A
    Cause B:
    N/A
    Cause C:
    N/A
    Cause D:
    N/A
    Other Significant Causes:
    N/A
    Investigator:
    POSADA
    Deputy Medical Examiner:
    DR. HOLD
    Toxicology Test Status:
    NOT REQUESTED
    Case Status:
    INV. COMPLETE
    Body Status:
    EXAM SCHEDULED

For more case information, please call the Records unit number: 323-343-0695.
    Deferred = Pending additional investigation.
    Cases on security hold will not be displayed in the search results.
    Coroner Case information displayed or populated on this website is public record and is subject to disclosure by the California Public Records Act.

http://mec.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/m...Num=2015-07451

Just wanted to put link for anyone who wants to keep ane eye on progress of ME results

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Just marking. How very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

the sketch of the suspect

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    the sketch of the suspect

Link? I haven't found any news sites listing a suspect let alone publishing a pic....

ETA: This is NOT the murder suspect, this is a drawing of a flasher from last year who was grabbing boobies. Police have already ruled out his involvement.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...805-story.html

Link? I haven't found any news sites listing a suspect let alone publishing a pic....

ETA: This is NOT the murder suspect, this is a drawing of a flasher from last year who was grabbing boobies. Police have already ruled out his involvement.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...805-story.html
    2 women found dead in L.A. park, police on high alert

IT WAS HERE, BUT I DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE. MY BAD!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-women-...on-high-alert/

As the coroner on Tuesday said that a woman died from a gunshot wound to the head, friends and family began mourning for the 19-year-old who "had a bright future."
    Gabriela Calzada "brightened up any room," wrote Teena Padilla on a GoFundMe page raising money for her funeral expenses.
    The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said on Tuesday that in addition to being shot in the head, she had suffered from serious wounds.

Calzada's body was found with her friend Wednesday on a path at Ernest E. Debs Regional Park in Montecito Heights, a few miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles. A woman out for a walk with her dog found them, LAPD Officer Matthew Ludwig said.
    Police have made no arrests nor have they identified any suspects

The second body has not officially been identified, but family and friends have identified her as Calzada's friend, Briana Gallegos, 17. Her identity has not been released because coroner's officials are waiting for DNA and fingerprint tests, LAPD Capt. Martin Baeza said.

"Our most sincere condolences go out to the family," Maritsa and Edgar Lopez wrote her GoFundMe page. "It's sad and unfortunate that she was robbed of a future at such a young age. We hope that justice is served in her name. May she rest in peace."
    The discovery shocked residents.
    "We're on high alert. We're worried," police Capt. Patricia Sandoval told the Associated Press. "It's very alarming, especially for anybody that's a runner, a hiker or a walker who uses that park regularly and thinks, 'Am I in harm's way now?'"
    Residents plan to hand out fliers Tuesday night about a vigil for the dead teens on Thursday.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...339954682.html

Sounds like they're about to make an arrest:
    http://ktla.com/2015/11/12/search-wa...-heights-park/

According to the local officer who talks to my Neighborhood Watch, a suspect has been taken into custody.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I'm not surprised by the age. It's the same age range as the victims and much younger kill everyday in LA.

I always think of this case when I drive by this park. I'm glad they got someone. Doesn't always happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Teen gang members nicknamed ‘Klepto’ and ‘Trippy’ charged in L.A. double murder; young female victims bludgeoned at 'horrific' scene, LAPD chief says

Gang-linked teens nicknamed “Klepto” and “Trippy” were charged Thursday in the murders of two women whose bodies were found in a Los Angeles park.

Prosecutors said Jose Antonio (Klepto) Echeverria and Dallas Stone (Trippy) Pineda killed the 19- and 17-year-old victims and the “murders were carried out to further the activities” of their gang, according to charging documents released by the L.A. County District Attorney’s office.

A woman walking her dog discovered the bodies of Gabriela Calzada and Briana Gallegos Oct. 28 near a walking path at Ernest E. Debs Regional Park in Montecito Heights. Their bodies were fully clothed but their heads wounds mangled their faces so much they were barely recognizable.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference Thursday that only one of the young women had been shot and both were bludgeoned. He declined to state what they had been bludgeoned with or reveal details on possible motives, though he said both suspects knew the victims.

“These victims were brutally murdered,” Beck said. “It was a horrific scene that the men and women of this police department took very personally."

The authorities aren't looking for any other suspects in the murders, Beck said.

“This was motivated by hatred between gangs, and unfortunately these two very young, very innocent victims fell prey to that,” he said. “These were young, vibrant women who certainly did not deserve to die.”

Investigators believe Echeverria, 18, used a rifle to kill Calzada. Prosecutors said he and Pineda, 17, will stand trial as adults. Superior Court Judge Sergio Tapia ordered them back behind bars without bail at a hearing Thursday, the Times reported.

Echeverria also tried to kill an unidentified person Friday, the day he was arrested, according to prosecutors.

He’s charged with attempted, willful, deliberate and premeditated murder and shooting at an occupied vehicle in the other other incident. Deputies said he was caught bringing methamphetamine into a jail the following day.

A woman who identified herself to KTLA-TV as Pineda’s mother said he was friends with both the slain young women and had dated the 17-year-old Gallegos on and off for two years.

“All I’ve got to say is he’s innocent,” she said. “Don’t get me wrong, I hope they find the people. I mean, my heart goes out to the young girls. But, at the same time, leave my son alone.”

A person at Echeverria's home, which sits blocks from the park where the women's bodies were found, declined a Los Angeles Times reporter's request for comment Thursday. Vestiges of a makeshift memorial from last fall remained on the hiking path in the popular park.

A 72-year-old woman who lives nearby told the newspaper she was relieved police made arrests in the murders but also startled.

"It scared me a little," Zoyla Perez said in Spanish. "We didn't think that the people who did it would live so close."

Echeverria’s charges carry a potential death sentence and Pineda would face up to life in state prison if he’s convicted. Their arraignment is scheduled for March 8.

The LAPD will hold a town hall meeting in Montecito Heights on Thursday night to reassure residents, Capt. Martin Baeza said.

"This type of crime obviously shakes a community down to its core," he said.

With News Wire Services.

Follow on Twitter @tobysalkc

tsalinger@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2520680

“All I’ve got to say is he’s innocent,” she said. “Don’t get me wrong, I hope they find the people. I mean, my heart goes out to the young girls. But, at the same time, leave my son alone.”
    Typical.

This makes me sick. Is there not a tiny bit of this lady that suspects her son has killed his ex?

TBH, gang culture, she probably knows he did it but thinks the girl deserved it.

TBH, gang culture, she probably knows he did it but thinks the girl deserved it.
    DING!

There's been a real upswing in gang violence in Highland Park and Montecito Heights lately. Neighborhood is pushing for another police sweep.

There's been a real upswing in gang violence in Highland Park and Montecito Heights lately. Neighborhood is pushing for another police sweep.
    LAPD is too busy confiscating tiny homes, tents and personal property of the Homeless in downtown so luxury loft folks don't have to look at them to pay attention to silly things like gangs. You know, they focus on real crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    LAPD is too busy confiscating tiny homes, tents and personal property of the Homeless in downtown so luxury loft folks don't have to look at them to pay attention to silly things like gangs. You know, they focus on real crime.
    Yeah pretty much.

Thread Information