Thread: Ross Barnes, 57, Missing In Adelaide 36 Years After His Brother Was Abducted & Murdered By Bevan Spencer Von Einem

Ross Barnes, 57, Missing In Adelaide 36 Years After His Brother Was Abducted & Murdered By Bevan Spencer Von Einem

I hope he's ok - how much tragedy can one family take (comments from family confirming he's THE Alan Barnes' brother at the link).

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01740356569982

SA Police News
    Police need your help to locate missing St Agnes man Ross Barnes, who was last seen at his home address at 3.30am this morning.

Mr Barnes is 57-years-old, of Caucasian appearance, 175cm tall, and 120kg. He was wearing a black t-shirt with orange and white writing and dark coloured knee length shorts.

Mr Barnes left his home address with his black and white border collie cross.

Mr Barnes suffers from a medical condition, and police have concerns for his welfare.

Anyone who sees Mr Barnes is asked to contact the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
    Timeline Photos ? Yesterday at 7:38pm ?

His brother's case for reference - weird I only just posted it a little while ago

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...outh-Australia

Oh no. That poor guy and his family. This it terrible. I hope he's just taking some time out.

I can't imagine how his family are feeling. I wonder if their Mum and Dad are still alive?
    I haven't seen your Alan thread. I'll have a look.

Fuck you Von Einem. That piss ant said he would "talk" once his Mother died. He didn't want her to hear what he was going to say apparently. Well, she has been dead for years and that coward has still said nothing. Coward.

Suzie Ratcliff, Joanne Ratcliff's sister, has just replied to Cherie Barnes in that facebook link. Families forever linked through grief and these horrendous crimes. They seem like incredible people 💜

Joanne Gordon's father was one of my teachers in high school.

2014 article for those that do not know the case-
    Search for Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon moves to SA mid north
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-1...5752360?pfm=ms

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-poli...d#.VjXPT8s5fqA

UPDATE - Missing man Ross Barnes located

31 Oct 2015 5:46am

Police are happy to advise that missing man Ross Barnes was found safe and well early this morning.

The high priority given by SA Police to locating missing people quickly results in 99.5 per cent of those reported missing in South Australia being located within 30 days.
    great news

Oh that's really cool. Nice to have good news for once. I expect that CI episode has been really, really fucking awful to deal with for these families. It's the first one I've ever had to turn away from because the details were just so fucking brutal & cruel.

I'm still stunned at how little it's been covered in Australia - I have every Aus Police Journal from the early 70's to the 00s & even they never covered it - even though they did Ralph Mott & that other poor kid GRAPHICALLY.

I think that show has probably been a real shock for them all after all the years of very gentle, respectful coverage that was very much LACKING in awful & sordid detail.

Edit memory's slipping after the 30 years since I last read it - It was Mark Mott & Ralph Burns & they were from Griffith, not S.A. I was about 8 when I saw the old b&w scene photos. I've never forgotten them. They're burned into my mind forever.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,6674238&hl=en

Edit wow memories suck - make that 13, not 8.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-01-2015 at 01:05 AM.

My memories are shot as well when it comes to time frames haha
    I remember seeing a police journal pre internet. I have no idea where my friend got it from. It had a discussion in it about full moons and the articles where about suicide vs homicide.

There were graphic black and white glossy photos of "crime" scenes that were originally thought to be homicides due to the horrific nature of these deaths. It was found after investigation that they were actually suicides.

I had not ever witnessed the true horror of this world before, I had only felt it. That journal was my first visual and I still remember every photo vividly. It is awful and it still flashes before my eyes. A man who lay his neck on train tracks. A man who cut his fingers and toes off. A woman who cooked herself in a bath with a heater. A man and a circular saw etc etc

I don't know how people that work in emergency services are able to cope sometimes. You'd have to have dark humour surely, well, that is how I have to live in the world.

Thread Information