Thread: Rose Downwind (32) was murdered by her ex-boyfriend and her body was found in a shallow grave

Rose Downwind (32) was murdered by her ex-boyfriend and her body was found in a shallow grave

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015..._shallow_grave

Rose Downwind, 31, the granddaughter of American Indian Movement co-founder, Dennis Banks, has been missing for over a week. She was last seen on Monday, October 19, 2015 at the Target store in Bemidji, according to the Bemidji Police Department, which issued a statement on Monday, October 26.

Downwind is the daughter of Darla Banks, who is the daughter of Dennis Banks.

Darla Banks told Native News Online she hears from her daughter almost daily, but has not heard from her for almost 11 days now. Downwind was reportedly going to Saint Paul, Minnesota, but no one in Saint Paul she knows has seen her.

Downwind, who is a frequent Facebook user, last posted a meme with a moon and a star on Monday, October 16, 2015 at 10:30 a.m. that read: ?I love you to the moon and back? with a caption addressed to her mother that read: ?Love you mom.?

?It?s not like her to not call me, we are very close. We talk all the time. Now, I am very worried about her,? Banks said from northern Virginia, where she is traveling with her father, Dennis Banks. ?I filed a missing person?s report with the Bemidji Police Department a couple days ago.?

They both are flying back to Minnesota on Tuesday hoping to find Downwind.

?I am flying back to Minnesota to see what I can do. I talked to the Duane, the bounty hunter tonight, who has offered to help locate her,? Dennis Banks told Native News Online. Banks was referring to Duane Lee ?Dog? Chapman, a bounty hunter and former bail bondsman, who had a television reality show called ?Dog, the Bounty Hunter? for eight seasons. Currently, he stars in a television program called ?Dog and Beth: On the Hunt.?

Downwind has five children and would not leave them unattended without making provisions for their care according to Darla Banks.

Anyone with knowledge of the whereabouts of Downwind are asked to contact the Bemidji Police Department at 218-333-9111.

http://nativenewsonline.net/currents...et-in-bemidji/

There's a search page for her, they've mentioned this girl on it too, I have no idea how close the places are though

https://m.facebook.com/groups/133576...urce=typeahead

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    There's a search page for her, they've mentioned this girl on it too, I have no idea how close the places are though
    400 miles apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Ugh...it isn't sounding good for Rose.

Persons of interest identified in Rose Downwind disappearance case

BEMIDJI -- A day after family members said updates were scarce in the case of a missing Redby, Minn., woman, police have identified two "persons of interest" in the woman's disappearance.

The Bemidji Police Department and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Thursday they believe foul play is suspected in the disappearance of Rose Downwind, 31, who was last seen in the Bemidji area between Oct. 19-21.

Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, 40, and Christopher John Davis, 27, have been identified as persons of interest in the case; as well as a pewter colored 2002 GMC Yukon with Minnesota license plate 325MGP. The investigation of Downwind's disappearance has been focused to an area north of Bemidji, including Lake Bemidji State Park and Buena Vista State Forest, a release said. Police are asking that if anyone saw Cimmarusti or Davis or the vehicle in those areas between Oct. 19-29 to call Bemidj Police at (218) 333-9111.

Home and property owners, as well as hunters in the area, are being asked to check structures and their property for signs of suspicious activity, including trespassing, recent fires or disturbed ground. Also, hunters are asked to check their trail cameras for any suspicious activity.

Downwind 31, of Redby, was last seen in Bemidji on Oct. 21. She is described as an American Indian woman, 5 feet 4 inches tall and 115 pounds with long, straight dark hair.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/l...ppearance-case
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Not looking good at all.

Here is Marcello's FB:

https://www.facebook.com/marchello.cimmarusti

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/3...-rose-downwind

BEMIDJI—About 150 volunteers, all dressed in bright orange, marched along roads and ditches north of Bemidji on Satuday with a common goal in mind.
    Help find Rose Downwind.

However, Saturday's search for the missing 31-year-old Redby, Minn., woman yielded no results.

But Lissa Yellowbird-Chase of Fargo-based organization Sahnish Scouts North Dakota, who helped lead the search, said "some things were found that were interesting to come across. Law enforcement came and there were some things that they felt were warranted in collecting and documenting.

"Everybody went out for a while came back in, got hydrated and went back out," Yellowbird-Chase said. "We had people from North Dakota, all over Minnesota and even some people from South Dakota come and help today."

Another half-day public search is scheduled at noon Sunday, again starting at Newby's Market north of Bemidji, she said.

Saturday's search began with volunteers meeting at 10 a.m. at Newby's, located north of Bemidji on Irvine Avenue and Island View Drive. There, Yellowbird-Chase informed the crowd about what indicators to look for, such as clothing, shoes or a possible mobile phone. The search was confined along the roadway, and not to the deep forest, for the safety of searchers, she said.

It's been more than three weeks since anyone last saw Rose Downwind. Police say she was last seen Oct. 21 leaving a residence on Stoner Avenue in southeast Bemidji. Downwind is described as being an American Indian woman, 5 feet 4 inches tall and 115 pounds with long straight dark hair.

The Bemidji Police Department and the BCA believe foul play was involved in Downwind's disappearance and the investigation has since focused to an area north of Bemidji, which includes Lake Bemidji State Park and Buena Vista State Forest.

Before searchers began walking the areas just west of the varied "locations of interest" listed by law enforcement, Yellowbird-Chase thanked all those who came out to search and help in other ways.

"It's really awesome. This is one of the biggest searches that I've seen in a really long time," she said. "It's nice to see a whole community have concern for their missing. It's hard to witness when things like this get swept under the rug and cases go cold.

"The young people here today, I'm really proud of you, too. This is part of our heritage," Yellowbird-Chase said. "When our people would go missing, the whole tribe would go look for that person, even the elders. We're carrying on a tradition. This is important culturally."

Communities coming together

Phillip Nelson, a volunteer searcher and Bemidji resident, said he came out to help because, "it's the proper thing to do."

"Somebody's lost, so we have to find her. If it was our family, we would expect the same," Nelson said. "I think it's been an excellent turnout today, too. Everyone is volunteering their time on a nice Saturday to do this."

Georgia Downwind, Rose Downwind's nonbiological mother, said she was very pleased with Saturday's turnout, as well.

"A lot of people from Red Lake are here. Even people who don't know Rose are here to help. This is the way the world needs to be. People helping other people," Georgia Downwind said. "This is about Rose. There's no color difference here. Everybody has just come together to help."

Georgia Downwind described Rose as an "awesome mom" who's very dedicated to her children.

"That is her life. She's a kind-hearted, gentle soul," Georgia Downwind said. "I'm not turning her into a hero just because she's missing, that's who she is."

Since Rose went missing, Georgia Downwind said the whole family has come closer together.

"Everybody has been pitching in and helping," she said. "This is such a traumatic event. It's hard to process. We're just maintaining and still being hopeful. We're also taking care of the children and they're very lonesome for their mommy."

The Bemidji Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding Rose Downwind's disappearance to call in at (218) 333-9111. Police have also identified two persons of interest, Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, 40, and Christopher John Davis, 27, along with a pewter colored 2002 GMC Yukon with a Minnesota license plate that reads 325-MGP. Those who saw the two persons of interest or the vehicle between Oct. 19-29 are also asked to call law enforcement.

A Facebook page, Help Find Rose Downwind, is providing updates from the family. A page on the fundraising website GoFundMe has also been established for the family at https://www.gofundme.com/gz7zz3pg.

So sad

http://www.wdaz.com/news/minnesota/3...ssing-mother-5

A big break in the case of a woman missing in northwestern Minnesota.

Police believe Rose Downwind met with foul play.

Now her ex-boyfriend is behind bars.

For nearly 2 months the big mystery in Bemidji is what happened to 31 year old Rose Downwind. Her family, along with the community has been relentless looking for answers

“Everyday I wakeup and I wonder if Rose will be home today. Her babies miss her. I know they do, they have been asking about her,” said Rose Downwind's sister Kristy White during a search on November 12.

The mother of 5 has been missing since October 19th when she was seen at Target in the city. Initially police thought Downwind took off on her own, but a few weeks’ later investigators changed the tune of their investigation beginning to think she may have become a victim of violence.

Detectives think key clues may be hidden in Lake Bemidji State Park and the Buena Vista State Forest prompting numerous searches by thousands of volunteers.

"I couldn’t believe the turnout, it's been one of the nicest searches I ever saw," commented Lissa Yellowbird-Chase during that search.

Police have said Downwind’s ex-boyfriend, 40 year old Marchello Cimmarusti and his friend 27 year old Christopher Davis are persons of interest in the case.

Now Cimmarusti has been arrested on unrelated charges.

He was picked up on domestic abuse charges stemming from an incident at his home back on October 6th. The victim was Rose Downwind. A judge ordered him to not contact Downwind, but police say he contacted her on October 19th the same day she disappeared.

Cimmarusti was supposed to be in court on the charges on November 9th, but never showed and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Police originally say they knew where he was, but it's unclear why it took a month to arrest him.

Now that the investigation has reached a critical point with Cimmarusti in custody on the unrelated charges, both police and prosecutors declined comment so not to jeopardize the case.

“If law enforcement has detained someone for a charge, it's permissible for them to question them on other unrelated charges,” said retired prosecutor Peter Welte.

He says it's not unusual for police to arrest someone on charges unrelated to a case that they are the focus of.

"Anytime law enforcement can engage someone in a dialogue and they are unable to address some of the unanswered questions that they have, it's beneficial to law enforcement," explained Welte.

It's unknown has cooperative Cimmarusti is being with detectives. But what is clear, the family of Rose Downwind, along with the community, is hoping they may soon have answers about what happened to the mother of five.

“He just needs to come forward and tell us the truth so we can put closure to this,” said White the day of the search.

The other person of interest in the case, Christopher Davis, is not in custody.

I think her name means her farts smell like roses.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

**PRESS RELEASE**

Over the last 50 days the Bemidji Police Department and Minnesota BCA have invested hundreds of hours into the disappearance of Rose Downwind. With the assistance of the Beltrami County Sheriff?s Office, Lakes Area Dive Team, Leech Lake Tribal Police, Red Lake Tribal Police, Headwaters Safe Trails Task Force, Minnesota State Patrol, U.S. Border Patrol, FBI and other law enforcement agencies across Minnesota and adjacent states many leads and tips from the public were investigated.

As a result of this collaborative effort a body has been located and exhumed from a shallow grave northwest of the City of Bemidji. The BCA Crime Scene Team was called to assist with the processing of the scene and recovery of the body. The body will be sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner?s Office for an autopsy and to confirm the identity.

Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, age 40 and Brandon Joseph Rossbach, age 31 have been arrested for their roles in this case. Christopher Davis remains a person of interest in this case. Although arrests have been made the investigative efforts will continue.

Respectfully Submitted by,
    Mike Mastin, Chief of Police
    Bemidji Police Department
    https://www.facebook.com/topic/Bemid...61049966305431
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Sad...hopefully her family has answers.

https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...rrested-162727

Two men have been charged with second-degree murder in relation to the disappearance of Rose Downwind, the granddaughter of AIM co-founder Dennis Banks. *The two men are Downwind?s ex-boyfriend, Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, 40, and Brandon Joseph Rossbach, 31 a friend of Cimmarusti?s. Word of the arrests came as news broke that a body had been found in a shallow grave in Bemidji, Minnesota.

Rose Downwind, 31, a mother of five, was last seen Oct. 21.

See Related: MISSING PERSON: Dennis Banks Asks For Help to Find His Missing Granddaughter

According to the Beltrami, MN county jail website, Cimmarusti was already being held on a domestic assault charge and was charged with second-degree murder in this case on December 7th. Rossbach was arrested and charged on December 9th. Police also say that a third man, Christopher Davis, who is a cousin of Cimmarusti?s, is a person of interest, and that the investigation into this crime is ongoing.

See Related: Foul Play Suspected; Persons of Interest Named in Disappearance of Dennis Banks?s Granddaughter

Family friend Sam Cornette, who says he spent hundreds of hours of investigating Downwind?s disappearance and persuaded Dog the Bounty Hunter to offer his assistance, told ICTMN this is ?a bad situation all around.?

See Related: Dog the Bounty Hunter Offers $10,000 Reward, Joins Search For Dennis Banks's Granddaughter Rose Downwind

?I talked to an investigator on the case and he told me Marchello confessed. Brandon hasn?t said a word. Supposedly he at first said she fell down the stairs. But it was just a domestic violence situation that went too far. He said they were fighting over a cell phone. The investigator working on the case told me Marchello admitted he killed her,? said Cornette. This allegation has not been confirmed by police.

Cornette also revealed additional disturbing details, including the fact that the body was found less than one mile from the Bemidji police station. ?They tried to burn the body but it didn?t work. [Police] found the body with half of the flesh burned.? This information, too, has not been confirmed by police.

Cornette says the search for Downwind has been exhausting and he and family members have traveled to North Dakota and Denver following leads. ?We found out Marchello?s friends were calling us and telling us different leads to throw us off,? he said.

As of press time, the Bemidji Police Department had not responded to ICTMN?s request for comment, but it did release the following statement on Facebook this morning:

Over the last 50 days the Bemidji Police Department and Minnesota BCA have invested hundreds of hours into the disappearance of Rose Downwind. With the assistance of the Beltrami County Sheriff?s Office, Lakes Area Dive Team, Leech Lake Tribal Police, Red Lake Tribal Police, Headwaters Safe Trails Task Force, Minnesota State Patrol, U.S. Border Patrol, FBI and other law enforcement agencies across Minnesota and adjacent states many leads and tips from the public were investigated.

As a result of this collaborative effort a body has been located and exhumed from a shallow grave northwest of the City of Bemidji. The BCA Crime Scene Team was called to assist with the processing of the scene and recovery of the body. The body will be sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner?s Office for an autopsy and to confirm the identity.

Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, age 40 and Brandon Joseph Rossbach, age 31 have been arrested for their roles in this case. Christopher Davis remains a person of interest in this case. Although arrests have been made the investigative efforts will continue.

Article via Vincent Schilling -*@VinceSchilling

Rose Downwind (32) was murdered by her ex-boyfriend and her body was found in a shallow grave

Hours after police announced that two men had been arrested and charged with second-degree murder in connection to the disappearance of Rose Downwind, the granddaughter of AIM co-founder Dennis Banks, Dog the Bounty Hunter spoke to ICTMN about his experience in searching for the mother of five. Dog had offered a copy0,000 reward for information leading to Downwind, who was last seen on Oct. 19, in Bemidji, Minnesota.

The two men who have been arrested are Downwind?s ex-boyfriend, Marchello Anthony Cimmarusti, 40, and Brandon Joseph Rossbach, 31 a friend of Cimmarusti?s. The arrests became public after news broke that a body had been found in a shallow grave in Bemidji, Minnesota.

In an exclusive interview with ICTMN, Dog the Bounty Hunter ? Duane ?Dog? Chapman ? revealed details about the case previously unreleased. (Note: On the line with Chapman was Downwind family friend Sam Cornette, who was also heavily involved in the search.)

Thanks for taking a moment during this sad time... How was the process of searching for Rose initially?

The friends of Marchello all started to act really crazy and we started to get phone calls [of false sightings]. They knew Sam and I were hunting.

At first, did you think she was alive or deceased?

One thing that led us to believe she was deceased is that she usually picks up her benefits like clockwork on the same day. That is how she lives. When she did not pick it up we knew right then something was wrong.

Did you know the whereabouts of Rose?s ex-boyfriend, Marchello Cimmarusti?

His mother tried to send us to Mexico, [and] his 90-year-old grandfather also told us he went to Mexico. When a 90-something-year-old person tells you he sent the guy to Mexico, you kind of want to believe them.

However, we knew he wasn't in Mexico because Marchello was texting one of our sources.

Minutes after our conversation with the grandpa, Marchello sent a text to one of our sources that he was in the house with the grandpa and the mom when they were telling us he was in Mexico.

That was [when] Sam and I said, ?My God, he has done something to her, or he has killed her.?

Based on your decades of capturing fugitives, did you have an idea of how this might all turn out?

I thought, it was on only a matter of time. It was a few days ago that we found out from one of our sources that [the police] found burned bones in a shallow grave. But we shut our mouths until the police announced it.

[We suspected Marchello] because of [his] previous domestic violence behavior; a lot of people told me that he had beat her up several times. It progresses like that, that is why things like that are illegal? you just cannot hit a woman. This is what happens. It is just terrible.

Did you think one of the guilty parties would come forward when you offered the copy0,000 reward?

We put up the copy0,000 [because] we suspected that Marchello did not do this by himself. He never does anything, not even fishing, by himself? never. I told Sam that we will put up some money so that we could try to get somebody else that is involved with it, that didn't do the actual killing and had just helped him with the body... I thought for 10 grand, the guy would come forward.

There were two alleged helpers and I thought for sure the money would bring them out. One has been arrested the other is still under investigation.

This is so very, very sad. There are a lot of kids who are going to miss their mommy.

Were you able to work with the authorities?

In these cases you really have to watch that you do not get in the cops? business. We did not try to get in their business. But this was family to us ? the only thing we could do outside of tying the guy to a stake and beating him until he tells us, was to offer money, because we knew there was more than one person involved.

We did everything we could do to stay out of the cops? way. Both I and Sam think the cops did an excellent job.

We didn't push it; we just stayed out of the way. We put our own information together; we watched where [Marchello] was going. He went to his mother's house in Illinois. We knew he did it.

Did you reach out to Marchello?

We knew where he was at all times.... Sam and I called him a few times and taunted him, we jibed with him. He was freaking out. We said, ?We are going to get you, and we know what you did, brother.?

Sam and I picked on him. ?We're gonna get you, brother ? why you changing your phone number?? He changed his cell, we got the number again. We called him at his mother's, we were like a little ghost that said ?We're going to get you.?

Editor?s Note: The opinions and observations of Chapman are his own, and ICTMN cannot confirm or endorse his allegations as fact. An arrest and murder charge is not proof of guilt, and all suspects are entitled to due process of law.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015..._shallow_grave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thread Information