Thread: #CocksNotGlocks : Thousands To Take Part In Sex Toy Protest Against New Texas University Gun Laws

#CocksNotGlocks : Thousands To Take Part In Sex Toy Protest Against New Texas University Gun Laws

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-1...ersity/6853574

Thousands of students pledge to use sex toys in protest campaign against gun law at Texas university
    Updated about 3 hours ago

PHOTO: The University of Texas Austin campus. (University of Texas: Dave Mead)
    MAP: United States
    Thousands of students in Texas have pledged to protest against a new law that will allow people to carry handguns into university buildings, while carrying sex toys on campus could see them fined up to $500.

The so-called "campus carry" law will go into effect on August 1, allowing people 21 years old and over with a concealed handgun licence to carry handguns in classrooms and buildings at the University of Texas, one of the nation's largest with an enrolment of more than 214,000.

More than 8,000 people have signed up to strap sex toys to their backpacks as part of the "campus (dildo) carry" protest ? planned for August 24, 2016 ? at the university's flagship campus in Austin on the first day of the semester.

"You're carrying a gun to class? Yeah well, I'm carrying a huge dildo," protest organiser and University of Texas alumna Jessica Jin wrote.

"Just about as effective at protecting us from sociopathic shooters, but much safer for recreational play."

The university said it considered the movement political speech and would not interfere, an official said.

"We do not cite students that express free speech," spokesman Gary Susswein said.

Licensed holders have been allowed to carry concealed handguns on campus but not in buildings for 20 years, the university said.

Supporters of gun rights have argued mass gunmen target "gun-free zones" such as university campuses and cinemas so they do not meet resistance when they commit their crimes.

The university has held forums about the new law, with discussions overshadowed by mass shootings on campuses, particularly one in Oregon this month that left 10 people dead, including the suspected gunman.

Alumnus Casey Kelver posted on the event page of the sex toy protest ? which is using the hashtag #CocksNotGlocks on social media ? that the nature of the demonstration would hinder meaningful conversation about campus carry.

"Only other kids will think it's great, most people think it's incoherent," he wrote.

In forums, students and staff have said allowing more guns on campus from law-abiding concealed license holders would increase security.

But those opposed to the law have been more numerous in the discussions, including more than 300 faculty members who have signed a petition saying they will refuse to allow guns in their classrooms

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Hum...not sure what to think about this. I do like the point the one girl said about it being much safer for recreational play.

I'm not exactly sure how a cock toy is going to stop the CC?

I get why they're doing it, I just don't understand how it's going to change anything

Thread Information