Thread: Dianne Thacher -- missing since October 11, 2015

Dianne Thacher -- missing since October 11, 2015

https://www.facebook.com/dianne.m.thacher?fref=ts

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/32608738-story

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office is requesting public assistance to help locate a 23-year-old Sierra Nevada College student who was reported missing yesterday, October 11, 2015.

Dianne Thacher's family, from Rhode Island, reported her missing to Washoe County, Nevada authorities and to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office. They had not heard from Thacher since October 5. Thacher was reportedly in California to meet up with friends and was staying at a motel in the 6000 block of Hollister Avenue. She was last seen checking out of her motel room on October 6. The same day, her vehicle, prior to her being reported missing, was found abandoned on the side of the road with a flat tire in the 7600 block of Hollister Avenue.

Thacher's cell phone was traced to an area several miles north of where her vehicle was located. The cell phone has not been active since October 6. Sheriff's deputies with the assistance of Nevada authorities have conducted an investigation into her disappearance. The past two days, Santa Barbara County Air Support has conducted aerial searches of the areas surrounding where her vehicle was found and where her cell phone was traced. The Sheriff's Search and Rescue team is conducting a ground search of the area.

At this point, there is no evidence to suggest foul play but the circumstances regarding her disappearance are uncharacteristic for her and described by her family as suspicious. The Sheriff's Office is requesting anyone with information that would assist in locating Dianne Thacher to call the Sheriff's Office at 805-683-2724 or to leave an anonymous tip call 805-681-4171.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope they find her and she is okay. It is concerning.

http://turnto10.com/news/local/ri-wo...-in-california

SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. ? A 23-year-old South Kingstown native was reported missing in California.

Dianne Thacher, a Prout School graduate, has not been seen since Oct. 6.

"It's just horrible. I don't want to cry. It's like the worst nightmare ever," her mother, Jacquelyn Thacher told NBC 10 News Monday night in the family's South Kingstown home.

"Beautiful girl. She's independent. She loves the outdoors. She likes to hike. She likes to camp," Jacqueline Thacher said.

But Jacquelyn Thacher said it's unusual to not hear from Dianne for days or see a Facebook post from her.

Dianne had driven from college in Nevada to see friends in California.

Jacquelyn Thacher said she last spoke with her daughter last Monday night, when Dianne talked about driving back to Nevada.

"I said it's too long a drive, you have an older tire, the car needs tires and everything. So I got her to check into a hotel. She said she would. And from then on there was no contact," Jacquelyn Thacher said.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office said Dianne was last seen checking out of the motel. Her car was found a few miles away with a flat tire. Her cell phone signal was traced within a few miles of that.

Police have used helicopters to search the area and have had officers looking on the ground, too.

Dianne's cell phone has not been used since Tuesday.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that there is no evidence to suggest foul play but that "the circumstances regarding her disappearance are uncharacteristic for her and described by her family as suspicious."

Jacquelyn Thacher said she wants to spread the word about Dianne's disappearance.

"If anybody hears from her, that we love her. We just want to bring her home. I just want her to be safe," Jacquelyn Thacher said.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It may have changed since I've lived there, but people from NE are very trusting people for the most part. I hope she didn't trust the wrong person
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

She is a lovely girl. I also hope she came across someone whom she trusted, but harmed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    She is a lovely girl. I also hope she came across someone whom she trusted, but harmed her.
    What?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    What?!?

"I am extremely relieved to report that Dianne Thacher has returned to campus safely. Appropriate authorities and her family have been notified. Thank you for your concern, understanding, and help with this matter." - Alan Walker, SNC school president
    https://www.facebook.com/SNCEaglesey...71667266295546

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    What?!?
    Sorry - but typos do occur online. I clearly meant to say that I hope she didn't come across someone who would harm her. But thanks for pointing that error out to me.

Thanks for being so understand everyone. Seriously - have you never made a typo? If not, congratulations. Let us pay more attention to those who are missing - not those who make an error in posting. We have a young girl here that is missing. Let's focus on that and not being petty.

Thank goodness she was found - I am sorry if I offended anyone, but really - why are we so quick to point out errors in others? Let's please be more forgiving and accepting of others - not critical.

Hooray!

Sorry - but typos do occur online. I clearly meant to say that I hope she didn't come across someone who would harm her. But thanks for pointing that error out to me.
    Thanks for being so understand everyone. Seriously - have you never made a typo? If not, congratulations. Let us pay more attention to those who are missing - not those who make an error in posting. We have a young girl here that is missing. Let's focus on that and not being petty.
    Thank goodness she was found - I am sorry if I offended anyone, but really - why are we so quick to point out errors in others? Let's please be more forgiving and accepting of others - not critical.
    Did you mean to say the same thing in three different posts?

She better call her Mama!
    "A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Did you mean to say the same thing in three different posts?
    No ~ I thought the first post didn't properly upload on my end so I retyped/reposted. The last post was after I finally got down to the post of her being found. So I only wanted to relate the pretty much the same thing in two posts, not three. Did I mention I was drinking some wine at the time?

Chill out, friend. I wasn't trying to be a dick, it was just a funny sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    She better call her Mama!
    Call your flippin mom!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Hmm, maybe someone else has a Toni Ingram kind of mother

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/sear...dianne_thacher

A Nevada college student who disappeared last week while visiting the Santa Barbara area, setting off a major search for her whereabouts, has been found safe back at school, according to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department.

Detectives had spent*the day Tuesday combing phone records and social media posts — and interviewing family and friends — in their search for*Dianne Thacher, 23, who attends Sierra Nevada College near Lake Tahoe.

She had last been seen Oct. 6 at a motel in the 6000 block of Hollister, according to Kelly Hoover, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department.

Thacher, who was reported missing Sunday by her family, was found unharmed Tuesday afternoon in her dorm room, Hoover said.

Thacher’s*2000 Honda*CRV, with Rhode Island license plates, was found abandoned, with a flat tire,*on the 7600 block of Hollister Avenue in western*Goleta*on the day she disappeared.

"Thacher allegedly met a male acquaintance when her vehicle received a flat tire," Hoover said. "Her cell phone battery died shortly afterwards. Thacher reportedly stayed with the male acquaintance for several days.

"When she left to return home, he saw the media coverage indicating that she was a missing person and contacted the Sheriff’s Office."

In a story on the Eagle's Eye, the campus news website at Sierra Nevada College, Thacher was quoted as saying,"I was camping and exploring, and this started due to a family issue and did not need to be on the news.”

She also was quoted as saying, “I left the car because I was having tire trouble and didn’t want it anymore, as it belongs to my mom. That’s a complicated story.”

Thacher told the Eagle's Eye she was not aware of*the extensive news coverage about her disappearance until she arrived back on campus.

“This has gotten so blown out of proportion,” she said, adding that*“I’m sorry everyone was so worried and such. I am fine and was fine the whole time.”

Prior to her being located,*the Sheriff's Department had reported that an emergency “ping” had been done on Thacher’s*cell phone, which placed it some 5 to 10 miles west of Goleta, along the coast. The location is about 15 miles from where her car was found.

A county helicopter flew over that area several times looking for signs of the missing woman, Hoover said.

In addition, on Monday night, members of the sheriff’s Search & Rescue Team, assisted by a canine unit, searched the area where Thacher’s car was found.

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office in Nevada was assisting in the investigation.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-19-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information