Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kyle Careford (20) and Michael Owen (21) were high when they crashed their car at high speed, and they filmed their last moments on a phone camera

I graduated in '07 so I don't remember. It was just a one time assembly for us seniors and maybe 2 cops just talked to us. I don't remember it but I remember them telling us if you're in the front seat you have to wear your seat belt but if you're 18 and over it's not required for you to wear the seat belt in the back seat.

Whaaaa? Not required by law to wear a seatbelt??!! What craziness is this???

Just in the back seat. I should probably look it up and see if that's still how it is.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    Just in the back seat. I should probably look it up and see if that's still how it is.
    I can't imagine that it is. Seatbelts have been mandatory in ALL areas of the car for well over a decade even in NH where they deflect ALL government regulations tooth and nail ie "Live Free or Die".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

If you are a driver or passenger under 18 years of age, you must buckle up. Children under 8 years old must be properly restrained.
    If you are a driver 18 or older and police pull you over for another violation, you'll receive a second ticket if you or your front-seat passengers aren't wearing seat belts.

I'm taking that as 18 and over in the back seat with no belt on is legal.

Holy crap. Ohio.... you're dumb.
    http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/safety-laws.php

And my mistake. NH doesn't require anyone over 18 years of age to wear one. Front or back seat. Should have known better. I was thinking of MA.
    http://www.dmv.org/nh-new-hampshire/safety-laws.php

When I was in high school, they did a presentation called "wasted" and had us watch videos about speeding, drunk driving, hill topping etc. it was pretty graphic, like footage of a car seat in the middle of the road with tiny pink shoes sticking out and a state trooper would tell stories about wrecks like a mom holding their dead child for hours after losing them in a wreck. It stuck in my head pretty good all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Imagine having to live here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Imagine having to live here!
    can confirm.

Here's a video of his brother talking about releasing the video. http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/201...-family-apart/

I really admire their willingness to share this; it's hard to watch as a stranger, much less of someone you love. I bet it helps save some lives, though... I'll definitely be showing it to my little boy one day.

Wow. That's terribly sad. English roads are not forgiving. The national speed limit is 60 and really the only time it's 30 is when you're in a town or city.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    My high school only has a senior prom and a month or so before we had an assembly where a cop talked to us about drinking and driving. I don't think he showed any pictures or anything but told us about traffic laws and how you can kill some one or yourself drinking and driving.

I don't think "the talk" helps kids or just seeing pictures of wrecked cars. I don't have any scientific data to confirm that though.

We had an assembly at the county fairgrounds about a month before prom. All the county schools piled into the grandstands. There was a "wreckage" under some tarps. Someone started talking over the loudspeaker giving a back story, then there were sounds of a wreck and someone pulled the tarps off the cars. Then there were area students in the cars. The kids that "lived" acted out hysterics and there was a 911 call over the loud speaker. Fire and rescue came and extricated some of the kids, some got blankets put over them and the coroner vehicle came in. I was an injured person and got a ride on the medevac, but I died in route to the hospital. They had some parents come in and cry in front of the wreckage. While fire/rescue was doing their thing, a pre-recorded message from the dead kids played. About how they won't be going to prom, graduating, going to college, getting married, and how sorry they were for putting their parents through all of that, etc. Some of the kids in the stands cried and it shook them up a bit, but I don't know that it stopped anyone from drinking on prom night.

A few of those kids were involved in drinking and driving accidents after high school. One became an invalid and died several years later, one died at the scene of his accident.

I'm not even sure if showing them mangled bodies would stop them, but I think it would have a bigger impact on them.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I don't think "the talk" helps kids or just seeing pictures of wrecked cars. I don't have any scientific data to confirm that though.

We had an assembly at the county fairgrounds about a month before prom. All the county schools piled into the grandstands. There was a "wreckage" under some tarps. Someone started talking over the loudspeaker giving a back story, then there were sounds of a wreck and someone pulled the tarps off the cars. Then there were area students in the cars. The kids that "lived" acted out hysterics and there was a 911 call over the loud speaker. Fire and rescue came and extricated some of the kids, some got blankets put over them and the coroner vehicle came in. I was an injured person and got a ride on the medevac, but I died in route to the hospital. They had some parents come in and cry in front of the wreckage. While fire/rescue was doing their thing, a pre-recorded message from the dead kids played. About how they won't be going to prom, graduating, going to college, getting married, and how sorry they were for putting their parents through all of that, etc. Some of the kids in the stands cried and it shook them up a bit, but I don't know that it stopped anyone from drinking on prom night.

A few of those kids were involved in drinking and driving accidents after high school. One became an invalid and died several years later, one died at the scene of his accident.

I'm not even sure if showing them mangled bodies would stop them, but I think it would have a bigger impact on them.
    Wow. That is a great way to get kids to understand the impact of decisions they make while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The video will have a hell of an impact over "red asphalt" any day. Insane to think of states with no seat belt laws as well as helmet laws. Medic's job security for life.

Quote Originally Posted by sdhoney View Post
    The video will have a hell of an impact over "red asphalt" any day. Insane to think of states with no seat belt laws as well as helmet laws. Medic's job security for life.
    I didn't even know there were any states that didn't have seat belts laws!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information