Thread: Thelma Krull (57) missing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada since 7/11/15

Thelma Krull (57) missing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada since 7/11/15

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...s-on-1.3266819

Sunday marks three months since Thelma Krull went missing from the north part of Transcona.

The 57-year-old set out on a walk on the morning of July 11. When she never returned, family became concerned and called police.

A pair of Krull's glasses were found on the grounds of Valley Gardens Community Centre four days after she went missing. Aside from that, investigators have admitted to running low on leads in the case.

Krull has been missing for 93 days. Family and people from the community have been looking for her since July and they were back at it again combing the Valley Gardens area Sunday morning.

Wearing purple headbands and shirts in honour of Krull, the five searchers expressed frustration at the dwindling number of volunteers that are coming out for the weekly searches.

Bill McCausland arranges weekly searches for Krull through a Facebook page dedicated to her. He's watched the search party shrink consistently over time.

"That is what is really heartbreaking.... I can't understand why nobody wants to come out and help us," McCausland said.

Searcher Susan Dell works with Krull and said she misses talking with "the office mother hen" over the wall separating their desks. Dell added that she won't give up the search until Krull is located.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact the Winnipeg Police Service Missing Persons unit at (204) 986-6250.​
    https://www.facebook.com/Thelma-Krul...5537/timeline/

http://www.cjob.com/2015/07/15/78922/?sc

Searchers have found the glasses of Thelma Krull, 57, who has been missing for five days.

But Detective Sgt. Shaunna Neufeld says the more time that elapses with little sign of Krull, the more concerned police become.

?It?s extremely concerning, for sure. We?re not ruling out anything in this investigation. We don?t know what?s happened to Thelma. We?re on day five now. As each day goes by, we get more and more concerned, for sure,? she said.

Winnipeg police say they found the glasses in the Valley Gardens area yesterday. A large police presence searched the area near the Valley Gardens Community Club and Kildonan East Collegiate.

Krull set out on a hike from her north Transcona home Saturday morning around 7 am. With the discovery of her glasses, police believe she was in the Valley Garden Community Club area sometime between 7 and 10 am.
    KRULL

Neufeld says police want anyone who was in that area that morning to think back about whether they might have seen Krull or anything suspicious.

?There?s a lot of space. There were people playing tennis in that area that morning. There were people playing football, people out walking, people out jogging. There were lots of people out in that area. That area is one area in particularly where those individuals? if you noticed someone walking in that area in those fields, give us a call. We want to talk to you,? she said.

It?s also possible she was walking in the area of the 2000 block of Henderson Highway and the 1500 block of Regent Avenue West.
    Thelma Krull

Police have also released some surveillance camera footage of Krull walking near her home. They?re asking you to note her clothing and her gait and to tell them if you saw her Saturday morning.

Krull?s husband Robert says his family is thankful to Winnipeggers for their support.

?This is Winnipeg. It?s a great city and we need your help. Please, if you have anything ? anything ? tell the police,? he said.

Robert Krull remembers the plans he and his wife were making for their Saturday the night before ? the last time he spoke to her.

?I was watching the football game. She was out on the deck reading and she was on her phone. After the game was over, I went out. We sat for maybe an hour and a half. Everything was good. We talked about what we were going to do the next day ? things we wanted to do around the house. There were no problems that way. About 10 o?clock the mosquitoes came out and we went to bed,? he said.

He says his family is trying to stay positive, like his wife would.

?Thelma was a very, very positive person. That?s what she liked to do. What?s that saying? Every time a door closes a window opens. That?s the kind of person she is,? he said.

Police are also asking anyone with home security or business cameras in those areas to check them for sightings of her. Police are also asking people who live in those areas to check their yards, green spaces, outbuildings and vehicles in case she had a medical emergency.

Krull is described as 5?4? tall, 170 pounds with short, dyed blonde hair with a purple streak. She was last seen wearing black Capri pants, a reddish-orange shirt, hiking boots and glasses.

Anyone with information can call the Winnipeg Police Service Missing Persons Unit at 204-986-6250.

Difficult Search Continues

Seachers have been carefully combing through a variety of areas Krull may have walked.

Winnipeg Police Sgt. Randy Antonio, the ground search coordinator, says the heat and other elements have made the search difficult.

?It has been very, very challenging with the terrain we?ve been working in. A lot of slopes, even just walking in that tall grass ? you can imagine what that feels like ? rubbing up against your arms and legs for hours on end,? he said.

Search and rescue crews are back in Valley Gardens today.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...mily-1.3675375

Thelma Krull's family and friends 'not surprised' with abduction theory

Thelma Krull's family and friends say they're not surprised the police now think the 57-year-old grandmother could have been abducted when she went missing last summer.

"Not a surprise." said Thelma Krull's husband Robert Krull.

Robert Krull spoke for the first time since Winnipeg police revealed on Monday that they now believe his wife underwent some sort of distress and that she may have been abducted while she was out for a walk in the Valley Gardens area on July 11, 2015.

That is awful. I (naively?) imagined that certain things I was concerned about as a young girl, like being abducted, would not be an issue the older I became.
    I can't imagine being a 57 year old woman and being fkng abducted. Horrible.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Has her husband been ruled out as being involved?

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Has her husband been ruled out as being involved?
    I can't find anything saying he has been. I was wondering the same thing.

I did find this with a little more interesting info:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...386325391.html

Police probed 240 tips on Krull, but want more
    New information: police found Thelma's cell, unknown woman filmed in park

"Despite receiving over 240 tips from members of the public, more information is still needed," police said in a news release.

They also said on Monday she may have been abducted.

"Our belief is based on evidence we've gathered including evidence located at Civic Park, specifically items belonging to Thelma Krull. This includes her glasses, as we've previously released last summer, and we will also confirm at this point we have recovered her cell phone in this area," said Sgt Wes Rommel of the Winnipeg Homicide Unit.

Krull left her residence at 7:23 a.m. on July 11, 2015, and walked to the area known as Civic Park, arriving at approximately 8 a.m.

Rommel described Krull as being in some type of "distress" at the park.

"Shortly after arriving (at Civic Park) Thelma experienced some type of distress. It is our belief that this distress was a result of either a medical situation she experienced or an encounter and ultimate abduction by an unknown individual," he told reporters at the news conference.

Also new on Monday, police released surveillance photos of a woman seen in the area of Civic Park during the morning of the Thelma's disappearance. Police are asking anyone who was in and around the area of Civic Park early that July 11 morning to come forward if they haven’t already contacted investigators.

I found an article with the husband's account of what happened the night before and the morning she went missing.

Husband recounts Thelma Krull?s last night at home, Pleading for help as police release surveillance tape of her walking

Police confirmed Wednesday that they found the eyeglasses of a 57-year-old woman who has been missing since Saturday in the Valley Gardens area.

But Thelma Krull has yet to be found.

?It?s one clue, but we need other clues to piece this together,? Det.-Sgt. Shaunna Neufeld of the Missing Persons Unit said at a media briefing attended by members of Krull?s family.

?Well, it?s something,? said Robert Krull, Thelma?s husband, who battled emotions while addressing the media.

?We?re being positive,? he said, haltingly. ?Thelma was a very, very positive person.?

Neufeld would not say if police had found other items belonging to Thelma, who has been missing since she set out for a two-hour hike between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Saturday. A surveillance video was released showing her leaving for a walk. The night before she went missing was uneventful, Robert said.

?I was watching the football game and she was out on the deck reading, and she was on her phone,? he said. ?After the game was over, I went out and we sat for maybe an hour and a half. Everything was good. We talked about what we were going to do the next day, things we want to do around the house. There were no problems that way.

?About 10 o?clock, the mosquitoes came out and we went to bed. Well, she went to bed and I watched TV. She likes to read and about 11 o?clock, I went to bed. The next morning, she left. I thought it was about seven when she left. I was still sleeping, but the dog cries when she goes, so that kind of woke me up.?

They had planned to meet at the Canadian Tire later that morning.

?She was going to walk up there and I was going to drive the truck and pick up something,? said Robert, who became concerned about her at about 10 a.m.
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/1...update-at-1-pm

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Here is the video showing her walking on the morning she went missing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...date-1.3801362

Missing woman Thelma Krull possibly spotted with man, police say

It's alleged that a woman with a similar description was spotted on July 11, 2015 — the day Krull left her home in the Valley Gardens area to go for a walk — near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road, "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday.

"This information was brought to our attention as a result of the most recent … news release that we did in July 2016, but the sighting itself goes back to the original disappearance date," Const. Jason Michalyshen told reporters.

It's not known whether the woman and man were walking or driving in the area, which was not far from the location where Krull was last seen.

Investigators hope releasing details of the possible sighting will prompt people to come forward with more tips, Michalyshen said.

"We haven't confirmed that this is Thelma. We've received this information and now we're at a point where we need more information," he said.

"Is this information relevant to move this investigation forward? Is this information that we need to act further on? Is this information that we need to dismiss and move on to something else?"

Anyone who may have information related to this possible sighting, including anyone who may have provided information in the past, is urged to contact investigators directly at 204-986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).

Krull's daughter, Lisa Besser, issued a statement urging anyone with information about the possible sighting or her mother's whereabouts to call police.

"I know the police take every lead seriously and no piece of info is too small," Besser wrote. "Any tip could lead to breaking this huge mystery that plagues our family and friends, and even the city and the safety of [people] who live here."

Krull has never been found, despite numerous searches by police, family and community members. Her glasses and cellphone were located a few days after she vanished, in a park behind Kildonan East Collegiate.

Family members said Krull had gone for a hike near Chief Peguis Trail but she never came back.

Her disappearance has stumped investigators, who have repeatedly asked the public for leads and possible witnesses over the past 15 months.

The Winnipeg Police Service's homicide unit has been leading the Krull investigation, even though it's still considered a missing person case.

In July, police said their investigation had uncovered signs of distress, and they believe Krull either experienced a medical situation or she was abducted.

"We have not dismissed that possibility that we're talking about a potential abduction. We have not dismissed the fact that we're potentially talking about some sort of a medical emergency. All of those scenarios remain on the table," Michalyshen said Wednesday.

"I wish I could be standing before you and sharing more details. I wish I could be standing before you and acknowledging the resolution of this matter, but we're not there yet. We will be, but we're not there yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Here is the video showing her walking on the morning she went missing.

She's walking pretty briskly in this video. It probably doesn't mean anything because she likely was exercising, buy it's just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...tion-1.4224195

Thelma Krull investigation: Police release sketches of suspect

Winnipeg police are asking the public to help identify a suspect in the Thelma Krull disappearance.

Thelma Krull was seen with a heavy-set man with a bowl-style haircut in the area of Kimberly Avenue and Grey Street.

Police have said they believe foul play is involved in the case but on Thursday, they went further, saying they believe she was involved in a physical altercation with a man and forcibly taken from the area.

Krull was seen with a heavy-set man in the area of Kimberly Avenue and Grey Street and appeared to be in distress, police said. They believe the man was either living in the area at the time or has access to a residence nearby.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...dead-1.4280559

Missing Winnipeg grandmother Thelma Krull legally declared dead

A Winnipeg grandmother who mysteriously vanished while out walking two years ago has been declared legally dead by the courts.

Thelma Krull, who was 57, was last seen leaving her East Kildonan home on July 11, 2015, and never returned. There were some reports that she'd been seen walking that day, but there are no known sightings of her since then.

In August, Krull's husband, Robert, filed an application in the Court of Queen's Bench seeking an order under Manitoba's Presumption of Death Act to declare his wife deceased so that he can deal with her estate.

"Thelma did not have any serious financial, employment or other legal problems and her disappearance was completely out of character for her," he said about his wife in a sworn affidavit.

On Thursday, a Court of Queen's Bench Justice signed an order declaring her presumed dead.

Thread Information