Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cathriona White (28) committed suicide by alleged drug overdose

Cathriona White (28) committed suicide by alleged drug overdose

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015..._drug_overdose

I thought I'd make a thread about this one as I find it pretty interesting. So she was married? Also, good reporting by the Daily Fail, as per usual.

Cathriona White, the on-again off-again girlfriend of Jim Carrey, was married to another man at the time of her death.

White, 30, who was a make-up artist and aspiring actress, was found dead of a suspected drug overdose on September 28.

White's body will be released to her husband, who has not been identified, and will be taken to her native Ireland.

'She had a husband, we have a husband as next of kin,' an official with the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's office told Hollywood Reporter. 'We're not releasing any more information on next of kin, but we do have her as married.'

White was married but separated from her husband and planning on filing for divorce in September, a source close to Carrey told the Hollywood Reporter.

'There is no way that Jim would have taken her out to public places if he thought she was married,' the source close to Carrey's family said. 'As far as Jim was concerned, Cat was separated from her husband and was going to start divorce proceedings in December. When people are separated they date or do whatever they need to do.'

The length of White's marriage - and the separation from her husband - remain unclear. It is also unknown where they got married.

The medical examiner finished an autopsy on White on Sunday, but said toxicology results will not be released for eight to 12 weeks.

'It came in as a suicide but we're not noting it as such yet until we can confirm what was in her system,' a official in the medical examiner's office said.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told People that there were four prescription pill bottles found near White's body - none of the prescriptions were under White's name.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3nk0F27rV

Jim Carrey’s ex-girlfriend reportedly received a text message from her mother calling her a “failure” days before she took her own life.

Cathriona White commit suicide on the third anniversary of her father’s death and law enforcement sources have learned the 30-year-old attempted suicide in 2012, report TMZ.

White’s father, Pat, died after a battle with brain cancer.

Police investigating White’s death have confirmed the 30-year-old received the text message from her biological mother days before taking her own life.

This week it was also revealed White was married to another man at the time of her death.

She wed cameraman Mark Burton last year, but had left him for Carrey and intended to get a divorce.

White’s body has reportedly been given to Burten and the cameraman is working with White’s family on the funeral arrangements.

A day after White's death, Jim Carrey released a statement saying: "I am shocked and deeply saddened by the passing of my sweet Cathriona. She was a truly kind and delicate Irish flower, too sensitive for this soil, to whom loving and being loved was all that sparkled. My heart goes out to her family and friends and to everyone who loved and cared about her. We have all been hit with a lightning bolt."

The two had been dating since May and split days before White's death.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/ce...r=349591763620

This was put in an article as his FB, but it doesn't look anything like him?

https://www.facebook.com/mark.burton.148116

The real Mark Burton

FB Mark Burton

Tragic Cathriona White declared her love for Hollywood A-lister Jim Carrey in a suicide note found inside her Los Angeles home.

RadarOnline.com claimed to have spoken to someone who had seen the note which said: 'Jim, I love you. Please forgive me. I'm not for this world.'

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Woah ~ I didn't see that one coming and had no idea she was married. This article is saying that he might be a Scientologist (not that it matters, but interesting):

CATHRIONA WHITE WAS MARRIED TO SCIENTOLOGIST MARK BURTON

The Daily Mail today reported that Cathriona White had been married to a man named Mark Burton after the two met on the set of a web TV series.

Our sources tell us that the series was ?The Online Gamer,? part of the ?Reckless Tortuga? web channel, and that the show was largely made by young Scientologists, including Burton.

Cathriona ? Cat to her friends ? moved to California from Ireland in 2009. She then met a group of young Scientologists who got her to start taking courses at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre beginning in 2010 or 2011. Then, in 2012, she met comedian Jim Carrey and began dating him, but the relationship ended about five months later.

Also that year, Cat?s father died in Ireland, but she was unable to go to the funeral because, reportedly, she was in the US illegally. That year, 2012, Cathriona also worked on The Online Gamer and played a zombie. We caught a quick glimpse of her in a making-of video about the series?

Our sources tell us that after meeting on the set, Cat and Mark Burton got married. But they apparently kept very quiet about it, because after Cat was found dead on September 28, apparently at her own hand, some of her friends were stunned to hear that she had been married.

But our sources say they are sure: Cat met Mark Burton on the Reckless Tortuga set, and they were both Scientologists.

According to Clark County records, Mark Damian Burton and Cathriona Anne White were married on January 15, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Burton has reportedly told Cat?s family that he will release Cat?s remains to them for her burial in Ireland.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/06/cat...t-mark-burton/

Snipped

'Love cannot be lost': Jim Carrey's heartfelt tribute to ex-girlfriend Cathriona White on the day he laid his
    'delicate Irish flower' to rest at funeral with hundreds of her family and friends in Ireland

-Carrey, 53, helped Ms White's family carry her coffin through the town during the highly emotional farewell service
    -She was buried next to her late father Pat at the Our Lady of Fatima church, in Cappawhite, Ireland
    -Hundreds of mourners walked behind the hearse as it brought her coffin from the funeral parlour to the church
    -They were led by Ms White's mother Brigid, stepmother Brid, brother James, sister Lisa, half-sisters Sarah and Larina and stepbrother Tadgh
    -Sarah said: 'Cathriona was more of a Daddy?s girl that anyone else I've ever met... we can take some comfort in the knowledge that they are together again'

-After the service, Carrey posted on Twitter: 'Love cannot be lost' with an emoji of a rose and a photo that appears to be a silhouette of himself and White looking at one another
    -White, 30, was found dead in her Los Angeles apartment on September 28 from an apparent suicide, a few days after she and on-off boyfriend Carrey broke up,

Hollywood star Jim Carrey posted a touching online tribute about his ex-girlfriend Cathriona White on the same day he carried her coffin alongside her family and friends at her funeral.

The actor wrote on Twitter: ?Love cannot be lost? and added an emoji of a rose and a photo that appears to be a silhouette of himself and White lovingly looking at each other.
    Carrey, 53, arrived at Saturday's funeral in Cappawhite, Co Tipperary, in a blacked-out Mercedes people carrier and spoke briefly to a couple of locals as he entered Our Lady of Fatima church in the small Irish village.

He was wearing a pair of dark, gold-rimmed sunglasses, a sombre black suit and dark jacket.
    Carrey, 53, flew into Ireland yesterday on board a Gulfstream V private jet to say his final goodbye to his ex-girlfriend, who he once described as his 'delicate Irish flower'.

Following the service, Carrey helped members of Ms White's family carry her coffin shoulder high through the town.
    As the coffin was lowered, Carrey hugged members of her family at the graveside.

During the highly emotional ceremony today, Ms White was described as 'a small-town girl with big dreams who was not afraid to follow them'.
    Parish priest Fr Tadgh Furlong told mourners: 'We gather around Cathriona's body in our parish church - all too soon, too early.
    'In 1985 Cathriona was baptised with joy into this Christian community. We assemble now in a very different atmosphere to welcome her home. We gather in silent, sad, grief-stricken failte. At this time we welcome home one of our own.
    'The circumstances of our being here today cause us great sadness and remind us how vulnerable we are. We need God's blessing and the support of each other.'

He said: 'Cathriona's approach to life was to take on, to challenge the county, the country, the world. You remember the outgoing personality; the strong-willed, determined character.
    'Cathriona was a light to so many. Something of the light has gone out. Yet much remains. The light continues to shine. The light of love lives on; the love you had for Cathriona; the love she had for you.'
    In a tribute, her half-brother Tadgh said: 'She followed them all the way to LA, and you could not get any bigger than that.'
    During the service, a lone tin whistle played a haunting traditional Irish lament.

In an emotional eulogy, Ms White's step sister, Sarah, said Cathriona had 'an amazing capacity to love and to be loved'.
    Thanking the community for their support she said: 'On behalf of our family I would like to thank you all for coming today as we remember our granddaughter, daughter, sister, niece, cousin, aunt and friend.
    'When I started writing this I didn't know where to begin. How do you summarise such an amazing life in just a few words?
    'But the more I thought about it the more I came to realise that I just needed one word - love.
    'Cathriona had such an amazing capacity to love and to be loved. From growing up in Cappawhite, through to moving to Clonmel and finally settling in LA, love remained a constant in her life from beginning to end.'

Ms White told mourners about her step-sister's deep passion for Gaelic games (known as GAA), especially her beloved local team Tipperary.
    'Anyone who has ever sat beside Cathriona during a hurling match will know her gr? for GAA. She was a very vocal supporter.
    'Anyone who saw her lurking around LA with a camera trying to capture the poor conditions in which the homeless were forced to live will know not just her love and talent for photography but also the desire that she had for the world to be a better place because she was in it, and it was.

'Her family meant so much to her. From following Lisa and James around as a toddler, right through to doting on Tadhg, Aoibhinn, Ciaran, Darragh, Cara, Kayla and Leah and all of the highs and lows in between - family was so important to her,' she added.
    Her step sister Sarah added: 'Cathriona was more of a Daddy's girl that anyone else I've ever met and although losing them both in such a short time is unimaginably difficult for us we can take some comfort in the knowledge that Cathriona and Pat are together again.
    'She is at peace. We need to find comfort for each other. There is no easy fix for grief. Particularly when we have lost somebody so young with so much left to give.'
    Fighting back tears, she added: 'Cathriona - it is so hard to imagine life without you because there is no "without you".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3oCUw0ktN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by luvit; 10-10-2015 at 01:42 PM.

All their dirty laundry is getting aired. What a nightmare. He apparently gave her herpes 1 and 2 and gonorrhea

http://dailym.ai/2dhfWLf

Yikes.

Two crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    All their dirty laundry is getting aired. What a nightmare. He apparently gave her herpes 1 and 2 and gonorrhea

http://dailym.ai/2dhfWLf
    Text messages that were allegedly sent by Jim Carrey to his ex-girlfriend Cathriona White show the actor urging White to get the morning after pill following a sexual encounter and referencing his genitalia during a conversation about his late parents.
    These new texts were uncovered by Mark Burton in his wrongful death suit against the actor.
    The morning after pill text was allegedly sent by Carrey to White on February 13, 2013, just one week before White went in for an STD test that came back positive for Herpes 1, Herpes 2 and gonorrhea.
    It had been alleged in the lawsuit against Carrey that he infected White with those three diseases.
    Newly released photos meanwhile show the pair one day after the pill text as they smile while enjoying a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.
    The other alleged exchange has White and Carrey speaking about a lit candle meant to symbolize his late mother and father and her late father.
    'I just got a warm loving feeling running through me,' writes White after seeing a photo of the candle.
    She then sends three heart emojis to which Carey responds: 'Have you thought about my c*** today?'

Burton, who is White's estranged husband, said in a statement: 'Jim Carrey’s public persona is a fraud. In reality, he is a guy who texts about his c*** in the same breath as deceased love ones at Christmas.
    'And who tells a woman to take a morning after pill immediately after having sex with her and giving her STDs. Class act.'

Burton claims in his lawsuit that Carrey broke up with White just hours after she informed him she would be going in for a sexually transmitted disease test - and has included texts between the two as evidence.
    Those are not the only texts that have been submitted with the filing either, with others showing how even after the break-up White wrote of nothing but her love and respect for Carrey.
    The actor on the other hand is seen in the submitted texts repeatedly asking White to sign a contract after the split, which Burton claims in his suit was meant to ensure that she would not sue the Hollywood star for allegedly infecting her with STDs.

A revived complaint submitted last week also includes a letter that White wrote to Carrey in 2013 describing herself as 'damaged goods' after she learned she had contracted the diseases.
    In that letter White also writes that she has been made to feel 'disrespected, degraded, called a whore, an opportunist, threatened' and like an 'ungrateful b****.'
    This traumatic episode played a part in triggering White's suicide claims Burton in his complaint, which also accuses Carrey of providing the prescription drugs White used to overdose in September 2015.
    Carrey said in a statement last Friday: 'Is this the way a "husband" honors the memory of his "wife?" The real disease here is greed, shameful greed!'
    The complaint states that White first began to notice symptoms of what could be a sexually transmitted disease in January of 2013 and texted Carrey, who replied: 'Aggravated folacles [sic] or bumps are normal when you shave or have vigorous sex.'

In a text sent the following month White again wrote to Carrey about finding 'a couple of bumps' and wanting to go get it 'checked' claims the complaint, which also includes screenshots of the text messages between the two.
    Carrey writes back a brief message saying that he hopes White will be 'OK' and to enjoy a shoot she is working on.
    White then appears to become more nervous, responding to a text sent from Carrey by writing: 'I understand your [sic] worried. Imagine how I am feeling right now. I am the one who should be freaking out.'
    She then states that she is sure the bumps are 'just the abrasion thing [Carey] was talking about.'
    Carrey responds to this by writing: 'I hope your [sic] ok hun. It could be from someone before me. Doesn't show up until you're really stressed.'
    He then adds that 'it should be fine though.'

Burton claims in his complaint however that White was tested just before she began dating Carrey, so the STDs could not have come from another man.
    When White then told Carrey this fact he 'inexplicably' ended their relationship within hours according to the complaint.
    'I've come to an end,' wrote Carrey.
    White responds to this with a lengthy reply admitting that Carrey has been good to her, but adding: 'I too have been put through unimaginable stress and suffering and Pending what happens on Friday I won't be able to have another relationship ever again.
    'I am hurting more than anything right now.'
    In that message she also references a contract that Carrey had asked her to sign, which Burton in his lawsuit claims was given to White by the actor so that she could not file a suit against him after learning he had given her STDs.
    Carrey responds to this by telling White: 'K don't want to talk anymore. Deal with linda. Im done. You have become too much drama.'
    He then added: 'Keep in mind the things i'm doing ard [sic] out of kindness. They are not obligations.'
    Carrey texts once more after that as well, writing: 'I don't wish to talk anymore.'
    Soon after that, White learned she had contracted Herpes Type 1, Herpes Type 2 and gonorrhea, and Burton claims that led to Carrey 'exerted' pressure on her to sign the document he gave her in his complaint.
    Texts sent in mid-March show Carrey repeatedly telling White to 'hurry up' and sign the contract, with the young woman plainly voicing how much she misses the actor.
    After calling her a 'jerk' in one exchange, White writes: 'I haven't given the papers to [Carrey's assistant] Linda because I couldn't look at them. I couldn't do anything other than to look at Twitter every god damn day just to know you're doing okay.'
    She writes in a later text, after Carrey tells her she is 'gonna blow' their friendship by taking so long to sign the documents: 'I wake up and go to sleep hoping your [sic] doing good. I didn't even think your attention was on it in the slightest.'
    She then adds: 'I am out of site. I am staying quite [sic]. I am being invisible. I no longer matter.'
    Carrey responds to this by calling White 'ungrateful' and 'overly dramatic.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4LhJieovs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

I've always thought he would kill himself. I think that's going to happen sooner than later.

It's kind of funny how guys think they're doctors once a girl raises concerns about stds . Also, they're such jerks when they don't get their way. 😠

Wow, Jim Carrey is a huge fucking dickhead.

Carrey's mention that it could have been someone before him irks me.

Not that I'm sticking up for him, I honestly never liked him as an actor, but are we for sure he does have some sort of std? I mean, it's not like they can call his test results into question or anything unless he sues the husband for slander or something, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Not that I'm sticking up for him, I honestly never liked him as an actor, but are we for sure he does have some sort of std? I mean, it's not like they can call his test results into question or anything unless he sues the husband for slander or something, right?
    I'm sure that will come up but his reaction and his whole 'oh it could be this or this' but the way he freaked out after they didn't use a condom are suspect.

The real burden for her team is proving who gave what to who.

He probably gave them to her, but who cares? STDs are a thing that happens when you have sex. Some people don't know they have them, some people are scared to talk about it and some people are intentionally dicks about it. You make a decision to risk stds when you have sex.

That conversation wasn't particularly abusive or angry or uncaring. I'm not sure what the point in all to is. Also, guys ask women about the morning after pill the morning after. Because that's how the pill works.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yeah, I don't share that same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Yeah, I don't share that same mindset.
    Me neither. People who don't disclose STDS and then have unprotected sex are piles of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Me neither. People who don't disclose STDS and then have unprotected sex are piles of shit.
    Only people with STD's thinks its ok not to disclose. Go figure.

And he used the wrong "They're"

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm sure that will come up but his reaction and his whole 'oh it could be this or this' but the way he freaked out after they didn't use a condom are suspect.

The real burden for her team is proving who gave what to who.
    yeah, I'm not doubting he has them at all. Him just denying them is nothing...celebs sue all the time for the smallest slanderish comment, and I don't think I've read about him doing that. not that it proves anything, I just figured he would if the husband's claims were false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

What a bastard! To not tell her he had it & then act like it wasn't him that gave the STDs to her. Isnt gonorrhea curable? Im thinking it is,so instead of getting himself cleaned up,he just didn't give a shit and slept w her anyway. From her letter it sounds like all he was worried about was her suing and all she wanted was an apology and acknowledgement that he gave that mess to her. He sounds like a real winner. I feel for her,she still loved him regardless. I really hope he's not the reason she committed suicide. Sad either way.

This poor girl ended up with a dick of a husband and an asshole of a boyfriend. I believe that he gave her those STDs and then treated her really badly when she confronted him. I don't normally believe lawsuits are the way to handle this sort of thing and I would hate to see the husband getting any money, but I think the public has a right to know if Jim gave her those STDs and how he treated her afterward.

Thread Information