Thread: Andrew Gottschalk - Suicide but no COD

Andrew Gottschalk - Suicide but no COD

I don't think this one will be too hard but I have not had a proper look.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =1588399

http://alumnisandstorm.com/Obits/pics06/RIP98GottschalkAndrew06.htm

Andrew was born on April 17, 1980 in Richland, WA and left us unexpectedly on August 23,
    2006 in Seattle, WA.

Andrew grew up in Richland, WA and Grand Junction, CO. He graduated from Richland High
    School in 1998. Andrew attended the University of Washington and graduated in 2003 with
    degrees in Economics and Anthropology. He was last employed at Boeing.

Andrew leaves behind his parents, Alan ('72) and Sharon Gottschalk, his fiancee, the love
    of his life Alyssa Walz ('00). He also leaves behind his grandparents Paul and Marie Gottschalk,
    Dorothy Westbrook, and Joseph Westbrook; special great aunt Kathryn Gottschalk, aunts and
    uncles Ann Smet ('69), Kathi & John Dent, Gary ('70) & Judy Gottschalk, John ('80) & Heidi Hogan ('82)
    Gottschalk, Kevin Westbrook and Keith Westbrook; cousins Angie & Jason Southwick, Mark &
    Elaine Gottschalk, Michelle & Garrett Gottschalk, Alisha Crawford, Courtney, Jeff & Eric
    Dent, Ashley Westbrook, Angela, Christina, & Heather Westbrook; Alyssa's family Ron,
    Margie, Tyson & Kramer Walz; and many special friends.

Andrew was loved beyond measure and 26 years was not enough time, but we are grateful for
    every hour of those 26 years. His shining presence will be missed forever. We know he's
    looking for the best bands in heaven and probably driving a Mustang.

There will be memorial service for friends & family at 11am Saturday, September 2, 2006 at
    Einan's Funeral Home, Richland, Washington. Immediately following there will be a
    celebration of the life of Andrew at the Walz home in West Richland.

Please remember who this is for and dress accordingly. Jeans, T-shirts & Birkenstocks are
    OK. No flowers please. Donations may be made in his name to American Indian Education Fund,
    PO Box 27491, Albuquerque, NM 87125-9847, 1-800-881-8694; or to the charity of your choice.
    Express your thoughts and memories in the online Guest Book at www.einansfuneralhome.com

Re: Andrew Gottschalk - Died August 23 2006

Okay, well it was definitely a suicide:

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cruel World
    Current mood:  sad

I recently lost the bestest friend that anyone could ask for. The pain is worse than anything I have ever experienced, and I would give anything in the world to have him back. The world got the best of him, and I hate it for doing so. I never got to say goodbye, or tell him what he meant to me as my friend. So when you get a stupid chain letter in your e-mail that tells you to love, do it, and say it for you never know when you don't get to say that to the ones that mean the most to you.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...02670856821315

Re: Andrew Gottschalk - Died August 23 2006

OMG!  This made me a little teary:

The day just feels like crap! I am sick...physically and emotionally, it's raining outside, and of course Andrew would have been 27 today. How is it possible that he will forever be 26 and I will continue to age? What happens when I become older than him?

I know age doesn't matter but it was always a factor in our relationship. He is two years older than me. So when I was just getting my drivers license he was graduating from high school, when he turned 21 I had to stay home. I use to tease him about being an "old man," his biggest fear. I guess that will never become a reality.  He will never be a husband or a father.

My heart is aching today and I don't know how to heal it. At Andrew's memorial we released 26 white balloons. One for each of the precious years of Andrew's life, today I will release one more. The first time I was surrounded by loved ones, today I will be alone. How things have changed in 8 months.

Alyssa

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...4-ef71db33a06e

Thread Information