Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rainn Peterson (2) missing from Trumball Co, OH since 10/2/15

WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) - Pictures tell a thousand words. Some of those words can be wrong.

People on social media were thrilled that little Rainn Peterson was found one week ago after turning up missing two days earlier. But some also wondered why the images they saw seemed to suggest she was dry and clean, after spending 48 hours in the cold and rain.

One person commented, "The photo of her sitting on the ATV appears that her hair/clothes are dry. How is that possible with all the rain Fri and Sat? So glad she was found safe"
    So WKBN asked Trumbull County Sheriff Tom Altiere about it. "Everyone says, boy, looking at the pictures, she looks so good," says Altiere."How could she be out there that long? But the pictures were deceiving.

So was her hair dry? "She was just soaking wet," says Altiere. "She had a very bad diaper rash, and we had to keep her in the hospital because of that."

Altiere admits some of the circumstances were questionable, but that?s why they investigate. "It's suspicious. I mean there are so many things we are looking at. I mean we did scour that area. But you have to understand, you are looking at a little girl and the grass was up to our waist."

With the FBI, BCI and others investigating, the sheriff says they are waiting on test results to determine if there was any wrongdoing, and who is responsible. "We're actually waiting for all the test results to come back on her clothing, to see if there is any type of DNA, any fibers, or anything."

Rainn was reported missing from her great-grandparents' North Bloomfield home on Friday Oct. 2. She was found two days later, a quarter-mile from her home. The great-grandparents now have custody of the 2-year-old.

http://wkbn.com/2015/10/11/trumbull-...ut-baby-rainn/
    Last edited by luvit; 10-11-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Didn't everyone take a lie detector test and pass? Or was it just the great-grandparents?

Maybe she wandered outside and was abducted but when things got heavy in the media the abductor dumped her off in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Are there animals out there? Could something have curled up with her in the grass?

I didn't think it was possible a wild animal would do that, but the last known victim of Fred Many on the Central Coast in NSW had that happen to her. He thought she was dead & left her "body" in the bush while he drove home for a shovel to bury her. She came to while he was gone & crawled into the scrub. She spent a night out there alone in the dark before she made it to the highway & was picked up by a truckie who took her to police. While she was out there, some little bush animal, a bandicoot or possum or something, crept up & slept curled next to her - for the warmth I guess & because she was laying so still.

It's unlikely I know, but but I guess even all the long grass woulkd provide quite a bit of warmth & insulation if she burrowed into it, it gives of quite a bit of heat when you have a warm body in a big nest of it - even something as small as a guineapig can make it get pretty hot under a pile of it - it gets humid to though.

I'm sure there's all kinds of critters out there. I doubt she would know to burrow or pick off some high grass/weeds/corn stalks to create cover for herself, ya know?

It just doesn't make sense. She was too dry, clean, and warm to have spent two days out there. Especially those two days. It was REALLY crappy weather around these parts with pretty constant wind gusts.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Didn't everyone take a lie detector test and pass? Or was it just the great-grandparents?

Maybe she wandered outside and was abducted but when things got heavy in the media the abductor dumped her off in the field?
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I'm sure there's all kinds of critters out there. I doubt she would know to burrow or pick off some high grass/weeds/corn stalks to create cover for herself, ya know?

It just doesn't make sense. She was too dry, clean, and warm to have spent two days out there. Especially those two days. It was REALLY crappy weather around these parts with pretty constant wind gusts.
    "She was just soaking wet," says Altiere. "She had a very bad diaper rash, and we had to keep her in the hospital because of that."
    She wasn't dry at all, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    She wasn't dry at all, apparently
    I took that quote as having a very bad pee diaper and not actually "soaking wet" on her clothes. Like a really bad sagging diaper and someone says, "change that baby, she's soaking wet."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/feb/0...cas/?newswatch

DNA evidence received by investigators in Rainn Peterson disappearance case but no resolution

(Feb. 6, 2016)Investigators continue to work the Rainn Peterson missing-person case, four months after the toddler was found safe a short distance from her North Bloomfield home.

Trumbull County Sheriff Tom Altiere said Friday investigators received DNA results from one item connected with the case, though he would not disclose what kind of item or where it was found.

Investigators don’t yet know who the DNA comes from, but Altiere said he has a suspect in mind. "I have a person in mind [that] I think did it," he said.

Altiere has said he believes someone took the girl and then brought her back.

The girl, then 26 months old, was missing for about two days in cold and wet weather before being found in a field about a half-mile away from where she lived with her grandparents. She was wet and dehydrated but otherwise OK.

Investigators collected the clothing the girl was wearing when she was found, and that eventually will be submitted to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Altiere said.

Samples are being handled methodically to make sure the results are correct, Altiere said.

http://fox8.com/2016/02/05/trumbull-...peterson-case/

Altiere said that when Rainn was found, there was a cigarette and half-eaten apple near her.

On Friday, Altiere said evidence from the cigarette has helped the case. The cigarette is being sent back for additional testing and the apple is now being tested as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Thread Information