Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rainn Peterson (2) missing from Trumball Co, OH since 10/2/15

Man that is the worst written article ever.
    Investigators say the little girl is cold and being taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

A deputy involved in the search shouted that Rainn had been found and was alive. He told those in the immediate area that they needed to clear the road and make way for ad ambulance.

Amazing news!!

That news just made my damn day ☺

Picture that was snapped as she was found, by a guy on a four wheeler who found her laying in the grass and crying a mile from her home :( Really happy this one has ended well!

I look forward to these kinds of stories. So glad to see a child found alive for a change.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Derp, nevermind, I missed a whole damn page of posts that just loaded

Oh wow. That's wonderful news this morning.

The call between the dispatchers is at the link. Amazing. You can hear the exact moment they found her and you can hear her crying.

She was not that far from her house. Here's the map.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/7759...07!2d41.425407

NORTH BLOOMFIELD, OH – Just after 6 p.m. Sunday, a volunteer found missing Trumbull County toddler Rainn Peterson alive curled up in some tall grass off Peck Leach Route, just off SR 45 where the family lives, in North Bloomfield. The Trumbull County Sheriff said she was taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Warren. When he put Rainn into the ambulance, she was "as fine as can be expected." No more details are available yet. Stay with WKYC as we learn more from authorities.
    http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...unty/73278082/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little baby ~ just hearing her cries is still so sad. Thank goodness she was found when she was. Whew!!

Mom sees Rainn Peterson: Great grandparents seek custody

Rainn Peterson's great grandparents will be in Trumbull County Family Court Tuesday in a bid to have the two-year-old placed in their care.

The toddler is recovering in a hospital from cuts and scrapes suffered during her two day disappearance from her great grandparent's home in North Bloomfield this past weekend.

On Monday afternoon Brandi Peterson was permitted to visit her daughter for the first time since a lone searcher found the little girl in a field about a half mile from where she disappeared.

The visitation was only allowed under the supervision of officials from Trumbull County Children's Services.

When asked if that was standard protocol under such circumstances, Children Services would only tell 21 News that each case is handled on an individual basis.

Just a few hours before she was temporarily reunited with her daughter, Brandi expressed feelings of frustration to 21 News Reporter Lindsay McCoy.

"I feel like ever since this incident started i was a suspect, from strangers to family members to friends. They all tried to accuse me when I lost my child. I didn't know where she was. Very frustrating and aggravating," said Brandi Peterson, who also expressed gratitude for all the volunteers and law enforcement officials who took part in the search for her daughter.

The Trumbull County Sheriff is still trying to find the answers to some questions, such as how the little girl managed to get so far from her great grandparent's home.

Although Sheriff Tom Altiere told 21 News Reporter Janet Rogers that there is no evidence at all to suggest Rain Peterson was harbored or abducted, he says the investigation is still continuing.

On Monday the FBI was back at the site where the toddler was found on Peck Leach road.

The Sheriff says as a precaution they are treating the field as a crime scene until investigation is completed.

Asked why he did not call out civilian volunteers sooner, the Sheriff said he believed that he had more than adequate manpower as well as high tech search equipment from the FBI and Ohio Highway Patrol.

The Sheriff added that if the search area turned out to be a crime scene, an attorney could try to mount a defense argument that the investigation had been compromised by inexperienced volunteers trampling over evidence.

Criminal background checks were conducted on volunteers to guard against criminals inserting themselves into the search.
    http://www.wfmj.com/story/30192263/m...s-seek-custody
    Last edited by luvit; 10-05-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Dodgy happenings. I hope this darling little girl has stability and love in her future. Her first photo and the one where she is rescued breaks my damn heart.

So these are great-grandparents? Wonder where the grandparents are, and how old great-grandparents are? It's very sad that they had to reach across two generations to find someone capable and willing to have custody of this girl. Not a good situation IMO.

I get that stuff happens, but the kid just snuck out (?) and disappeared from the great grandparents house and one of the first things they do is go file for custody?

Wonder why? I would get it if the kid was missing while in the moms care or something but this kinda confuses me.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I get that stuff happens, but the kid just snuck out (?) and disappeared from the great grandparents house and one of the first things they do is go file for custody?

Wonder why? I would get it if the kid was missing while in the moms care or something but this kinda confuses me.
    Other articles said that the great grandparent's had custody already. IDK.

Something sounds hinky.

Here's an updated article

Two-year-old Rainn Peterson will remain with her great-grandparents, following a custody battle.

That decision came down Tuesday afternoon as the mother of the toddler who was missing for two days was in court battling for custody. Brandi Peterson said she hasn't been allowed to see her daughter for more than a half hour or alone since the toddler was rescued. She said Children Services wants to give custody to her grandparents.

When asked if she was going to be asking for custody she said, "Yes." Two-year-old Rainn Peterson was found in a field off Peck Leach Road Sunday night-- about 1,000 feet from where she wandered off Friday from her grandparents' home.

The grandparents said the grandmother, Dora Mae Peterson, spent the night with Rainn who is doing better. Dora Mae did want to thank all the searchers, but did not want to discuss the custody issue.
    he toddler is being treated at St. Joseph's Hospital for dehydration, cuts, poison ivy and severe diaper rash. The Trumbull County sheriff has said family members are not suspects at this time, but Brandi believes she is being treated like a suspect.

The father of Rainn, Nicholas Martin, of Cleveland, also appeared at Trumbull County Family Court on Tuesday. He would not say if he would be fighting for custody, but said he wanted to thank everyone who searched for his daughter.

Sheriff Tom Altiere said they are still trying to sort out exactly how the toddler got out of the home.
    http://fox8.com/2015/10/06/rainn-pet...ng-for-2-days/

This is really close to me and this shit has been all over my facebook wall since they found her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    This is really close to me and this shit has been all over my facebook wall since they found her.
    It's close to me too.

The rumor mill says that they think Rainn was dropped off at the field she was found in. That Friday and Sat (when she was missing) were rainy and cold.
    The medical people say all she was suffering from was dehydration and a low body temperature, but otherwise she was fine.

It does make you wonder why the g'grand parents moved for an emergency custody order so quick. AND if the baby went missing under their watch- why did CPS want the g'grand parents to have custody? Why is mom being required to have supervised visitations now when she wasn't before?

My theory- mom hasn't been around in awhile. G'grand parents were secure with their temp custody order because mom was a deadbeat anyway. Girl goes missing and becomes a huge media event in the area. Big donations and a huge toy drive going on for her. All of a sudden, mom is on the tv. She sees dollar signs. G'grand parents get very concerned. Now they have to make the custody thing real before mom tries to cash in.

Doctor John Cox is a pediatrician. He said studies have shown that children can show signs of hypothermia in as little as an hour and a half when they’re wet and cold, even if it’s 50 degrees outside.

“Being in wet clothes and cold, exposed air and the wind all night long, without anything blanketing her or keeping her sheltered, I’m really surprised that she made it through…the night without becoming severely, severely hypothermic.”
    http://wkbn.com/2015/10/07/rainn-pet...for-treatment/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This case is becoming more and more twisted. It will likely be a Lifetime movie soon.

Yez I was going to say it seems weird that they lost the kid and then were like but we're the best parents.

Sounds to me like maybe someone had taken her, and then dropped her off there when media coverage became too much and they panicked..? I just have a hard time believing she was out there in that cold and rain for 2 days...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Sounds to me like maybe someone had taken her, and then dropped her off there when media coverage became too much and they panicked..? I just have a hard time believing she was out there in that cold and rain for 2 days...
    I dunno, everything I had heard was that she did look like she'd been out there for the 2 days, but Berm has heard otherwise, so what I am hearing could be completely wrong and just rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I dunno, everything I had heard was that she did look like she'd been out there for the 2 days, but Berm has heard otherwise, so what I am hearing could be completely wrong and just rumors

What? All my gossip is just rumors too. I think it's about 99% the little girl was actually out there by herself. 2 years olds are notorious for taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    What? All my gossip is just rumors too. I think it's about 99% the little girl was actually out there by herself. 2 years olds are notorious for taking off.
    lol I know, I just meant either of us could be right or wrong because it is all just rumors at this point. Sorry if the way I worded it sounded snarky or something, was definitely not the intent

It's close to me too.

The rumor mill says that they think Rainn was dropped off at the field she was found in. That Friday and Sat (when she was missing) were rainy and cold.
    The medical people say all she was suffering from was dehydration and a low body temperature, but otherwise she was fine.

It does make you wonder why the g'grand parents moved for an emergency custody order so quick. AND if the baby went missing under their watch- why did CPS want the g'grand parents to have custody? Why is mom being required to have supervised visitations now when she wasn't before?

My theory- mom hasn't been around in awhile. G'grand parents were secure with their temp custody order because mom was a deadbeat anyway. Girl goes missing and becomes a huge media event in the area. Big donations and a huge toy drive going on for her. All of a sudden, mom is on the tv. She sees dollar signs. G'grand parents get very concerned. Now they have to make the custody thing real before mom tries to cash in.

http://wkbn.com/2015/10/07/rainn-pet...for-treatment/
    This was my first thought when I heard she was found alive. Wasn't it also really windy? Like, WINDY? Maybe the tall grass and corn shielded her from most of the elements, but it was pretty chilly even without winds. Maybe she was out there the whole time. It just seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I'm posting the link to this blog only because of the comment sections. A lot of the users posted tons of stuff the mom said in the interviews. I didn't want to bring them all over here.
    http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...f-neglect.html

From the interviews, I assume that mom was working with CPS to get her children back before Rainn went missing. CPS always bought the children to her- which says to me mom and grandparents/greats didn't have a good relationship at all. They've been fighting over the kids for awhile. Mom states over and over again "I don't understand why they won't give my kids back. I wasn't the one watching them when Rainn went missing"

I now wonder if *maybe* this missing kid was a pawn in a custody dispute? Maybe somebody thought if she went missing it would give them a leg up in their fight for custody.

There's def something going on with this story. I've also wondered why the greats were granted custody right away, especially considering they were watching Rainn when she went missing.

Morbid- yes, it was very windy, wet, and cold that whole weekend. Friday and Saturday was nasty. At one point, we thought it was going to snow.

I'm posting the link to this blog only because of the comment sections. A lot of the users posted tons of stuff the mom said in the interviews. I didn't want to bring them all over here.
    http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...f-neglect.html

From the interviews, I assume that mom was working with CPS to get her children back before Rainn went missing. CPS always bought the children to her- which says to me mom and grandparents/greats didn't have a good relationship at all. They've been fighting over the kids for awhile. Mom states over and over again "I don't understand why they won't give my kids back. I wasn't the one watching them when Rainn went missing"

I now wonder if *maybe* this missing kid was a pawn in a custody dispute? Maybe somebody thought if she went missing it would give them a leg up in their fight for custody.

There's def something going on with this story. I've also wondered why the greats were granted custody right away, especially considering they were watching Rainn when she went missing.

Morbid- yes, it was very windy, wet, and cold that whole weekend. Friday and Saturday was nasty. At one point, we thought it was going to snow.

Hmmmm.....there seems to be some hinky going on. Maybe it's just an odd situation, but something doesn't fit.

That's what I thought about the weather. It was so freaking cold. My mind is boggled how she survived the elements. I shivered from just a few minutes of being outside and I was fully clothed and wearing a very thick flannel.

Don't be hatin' on my flannel.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I remember I actually turned on the heat that weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if the mother had something to do with this.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information