Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prisoner Beau Wiles, 25, Escapes From Goulburn Correctional Facility, NSW & Starts Posting On Facebook

Prisoner Beau Wiles, 25, Escapes From Goulburn Correctional Facility, NSW & Starts Posting On Facebook

I have NEVER seen the ABC (Australia's national broadcaster) post a live link to someone's social media before

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-3...re-nsw/6816030

Correctional Centre NSW
    Updated yesterday at 2:38pm

PHOTO: Beau Wiles, 25,*escaped from the minimum security section of the prison. (Supplied: NSW Police)
    MAP: Goulburn 2580
    A prisoner has escaped from the minimum security facility at Goulburn Correctional Centre in the Southern Tablelands, NSW Police have confirmed.

Beau Wiles, 25, was last seen in the work area outside the minimum security section just before 10:00am, police said.

In a statement, Corrective Services NSW said the work facility Wiles escaped from is outside the secure perimeter of the Goulburn Correctional Complex.

Officers said a search had started for the inmate who was described as being of Caucasian appearance, around 180cm tall and 100kg in weight.

Wiles has tattoos on his lower forearms and was last seen wearing prison greens.

Police have searched a nearby creek, storage yard and are door knocking homes in the area. PolAir is also circling the vicinity.

The Corrective Services said Wiles is serving an 18-month sentence for shoplifting and driving while disqualified.

His 12-month non-parole period was due to expire in July 2016.

Officers have urged the public not to approach Wiles if they see him, but to call triple-0 immediately.

A smash repair worker across the road from the jail said he believed he served two suspicious men this morning.

"I had a couple of fellas, I think they were from Sydney, looking for some parts," he said.

"They just mentioned that they were here to pick up a fella from jail and and hour or so later someone's escaped, so we just called police just to let them know."

In the days before his escape, several photos of Wiles inside the prison were uploaded to Facebook.

Police said the use of electronic devices was prohibited in prison and his online activity would form part of their investigation into his escape.

Last month, a maximum security prisoner escaped from the prison after tying bed sheets together to climb over a jail wall.

Stephen Jamieson, 28, was caught almost 12 hours later after allegedly stealing a ute and leading police on a 40-kilometre high-speed pursuit.

His escape prompted Corrective Services NSW to order a review of security arrangements in the prison's maximum security section.

Jamieson had been in segregation after being identified as a suspect over the discovery of a man-made hole in the floor which was found in the prison earlier in August.

Corrective Services Minister David Elliott has not commented on the latest escape but said the department was keeping him informed.

His Sept 28 post & comments annnd his amateur rap vid - enjoy (lol)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...17&__tn__=%2As

Edit there's a bunch of shortened versions floating around the news sites, here's the original masterpiece on his channel

Last edited by blighted star; 09-30-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

How embarrassing.

Eshay brah.
    Last edited by hazydaze; 09-30-2015 at 01:17 PM.

It's as much a laugh with the sound down - & that's rare.

(& the fb comment thread's almost as good)

He has resting mouth breather face. Four minutes of my life, I shan't get back.

Family member claims social media loving prison escapee Beau Wiles is planning to hand himself in tonight

Social media loving jailbreaker Beau Wiles is apparently set to hand himself into authorities tonight, a family member has revealed to 9NEWS.

The 25-year-old inmate escaped Goulburn Correctional Complex's minimum security wing about 10am yesterday and has so far eluded re-capture.

But a close family member has claimed Wiles is planning to hand himself back over to authorities.

They told 9NEWS the convicted felon had wanted "one day of freedom... but was now planning to hand himself in".

It is understood Wiles will reach out to police later this evening.

The family member insisted they had urged Wiles to hand himself in as soon as possible.

Yesterday relatives took to Facebook to urge him to hand himself in.

"Get to the police. I don't want anything to happen to you," his aunt, Linda Jenson, said yesterday.

Earlier it emerged Wiles escaped by getting into a black getaway car after exiting Goulburn jail's work yard.

"It was a black Commodore that's picked him up, and that's part of the police investigation now," NSW Corrections Minister David Elliott told Macquarie Radio today.

Police confirmed they are still hunting for the escapee and that the operation is now in the "investigative" phase.

Wiles' friends have also posted messages on Facebook to urge him to do the right thing.

"Beau what the f**k are u doing go to nearby police station now brother I love u and they shoot u dead please bro its only jail this is bad life or death I can't help no one can go back to police now," "Angel McBride" posted to Facebook yesterday.

Wiles had previously posed for jailhouse snaps bare chested or even only in his undies, which were posted to Facebook.

After his escape, his full online presence from behind bars was revealed.

Photos, including one of him feeding a baby in what appears to be a hospital ward, were posted while he was incarcerated.

"Love u too my prince can't wait to have my hand all ova that sexy body of urz," Beck Wats, understood to be the escapee's partner, wrote on one bare-chested selfie.

Wiles was a month into an 18-month sentence for a string of offences, including using a mobile phone within a correctional facility.

He was eligible for parole in July next year.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...kF2WCRCsjGs.99
    Last edited by luvit; 09-30-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Idiot. 1 day out now in the middle of a relatively short sentence means months/years extra now being tacked onto the end of that sentence - & it won't be minimum security this time round.

Damn shame the interwebz didn't exist when Darcy Dugan, Russell Cox & Brenden Abbott were on the run.

Beau Wiles arrested on NSW south coast

Snipped

Social media loving jailbreaker Beau Wiles has been arrested this afternoon - just hours before family say he was going to hand himself into police.

Wiles escaped Goulburn Correctional Complex's minimum security wing around 10am yesterday.

A close family member told 9NEWS earlier today the convicted criminal was planning on surrendering himself to police tonight after enjoying "one day of freedom".

Police arrested Wiles around 5.10pm after they stopped a vehicle travelling along Five Islands Road in Unanderra.

Wiles, along with two women he was travelling with, were taken to a local police station and are assisting police with their inquiries.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...Xtk12rjs0S4.99

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    You truly cannot fix stupid.

That was funny what a fucking moron!

Bit more here. Thank god they stopped him before he recorded again.

& he headed straight for Wollongong "they'll never think of looking for me in my hometown!!"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-0...rested/6821336

highway patrol stops vehicle
    Updated about an hour ago

PHOTO: Beau Wiles, 25, escaped from the minimum security section of Goulburn Correctional Centre.
    (Supplied: NSW Police)

MAP: Goulburn 2580
    A man who escaped from a work area outside the minimum security section of Goulburn Correctional Centre in New South Wales has been arrested.

Just after 5:00pm a NSW Police Traffic and Highway Patrol vehicle stopped a vehicle on Five Islands Road in Unanderra, just south of Wollongong on the NSW South Coast.

According to NSW Police, the passenger, who was identified as the 25-year-old male escapee Beau Wiles, was arrested along with two women in the vehicle.

They have all been taken to local police stations where they are assisting with inquiries.

Corrective Services NSW said the inmate was serving an 18-month sentence for shoplifting and driving while disqualified, and was eligible for parole in July 2016.

Last month, a maximum security prisoner escaped from a segregation cell at the Goulburn jail after tying bed sheets together to climb over a prison wall.

His escape prompted Corrective Services NSW to order a review of security arrangements in the prison's maximum security section.

On Thursday, NSW Premier Mike Baird defended security measures in place at Goulburn jail and said the security review of the facilty was nearly complete.

"I can assure you whatever is required to be done will be done, keeping the community safe is our number one concern," he said.

He said the latest escapees "will be caught and they will face the full consequences of their actions".

"They may think it was fun to do but ... when they are caught, and they face the consequences, it's something they wish that they never did.

"And those who might think about such actions, well they better think again."

New crackdown on inmates with mobile phones

Two days before his escape, several photos of Beau Wiles, 25, were uploaded to Facebook and a user, appearing to be his girlfriend, commented that she could not wait to see him.

The photos of Wiles were taken inside the prison, despite electronic devices being prohibited.

Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) on Thursday announced the introduction of strengthened penalties.

Any inmate found with a mobile phone will now be immediately moved to a maximum security prison and their security classification reviewed.

A statement issued by CSNSW said "inmates will also be immediately dismissed from employment, rotated through different cells every few days, and have the power to their cells switched off where necessary.

"In addition, any offender returning to custody who was found with a mobile phone in prison within the last 12 months will also be sent straight to maximum security."

The recently announced mobile phone body scanner was also introduced to Goulburn prison on Thursday.

The scanner is capable of detecting switched off mobile phones concealed within a body cavity.

I really hope he isn't forced to close his FB page, those pictures are epic (said no one ever).

I find the undies pix, with their glow in the dark capabilities & large easy access hatch, kind of disturbing now

From that last article I posted

The scanner is capable of detecting switched off mobile phones concealed within a body cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I find the undies pix, with their glow in the dark capabilities & large easy access hatch, kind of disturbing now

From that last article I posted
    Now this is epic!!

I bet the boys in his new home are going to love those pics he posted.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Pretty sure they already do - that looks like a NSW Corrective Services prison cell & someone else is holding the camera.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...d-it-for-love/

“Well I got my bubba back. Broke out of jail; and I*picked him up”.

These*were*the 15 words, hastily scrawled in*a personal*notebook, that Rebecca Watts had used to sum up the whirlwind that had been the last day and a half of her life.

Thirty-six hours earlier, on the morning of September 30, she had been camped out the front of Goulburn Correctional Centre in a black Holden Commodore, waiting for her boyfriend Beau Wiles*to break out of the prison’s*minimum security wing.

The self-described ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ style duo*had planned the*escape days earlier*and for all intents and purposes, it went according to plan.

Using a mobile phone he had apparently acquired in prison,*Wiles told Watts to be waiting with a car in Maud Street, immediately west of the jail.

So, following his orders, Watts was in position*when Wiles emerged outside the prison walls at*9.53am, having gotten*away from a work area undetected and scaled*the*perimeter fence.

Guards didn’t discover Wiles missing until 10.15am, by which time he, Watts and the*Commodore’s driver*were barreling along the Hume Highway, heading*for*the Illawarra.

Wiles’ escape was plastered all over the media just*hours later, prompting*Watts to send her mother a text message at 4pm that afternoon saying*she wasn’t with him*and*thought he may have been on his way*to Canberra.

Her mother, not believing Watts, urged her*to turn herself in, but to no avail.

See your ad here
    Watts later told police she and Wiles had stayed at a Koonawarra house that night, and were on their way to Wiles’ father’s house in North Wollongong when their*vehicle was stopped just off the M1 Motorway on Five Islands Road at*5.05pm on October 1.

Police allege Wiles gave a fake name when asked his identity, even though officers said they immediately recognised him.

A search*of Watts’ handbag uncovered the notebook containing the handwritten note.

Wiles and Watts were arrested,*charged and remanded in custody.

During an interview with police, Watts said*she was aware what she did was wrong but had been blinded by love, describing them as a modern day Bonnie*and Clyde.

Watts pleaded guilty to charges of aiding*an inmate to*escape and*harbouring an escaped*criminal in court on Wednesday, as well as a host of unrelated dishonesty and stealing offences.

Her matters will remain in the Local Court, meaning any jail sentence will be*two years or less.

However, the Officer of the Director of Public Prosecutions has elected to take control of Wiles’ case and move it to the NSW District Court, meaning he faces up to 10 years’ behind bars.

Watts will face court on October 23 for sentencing, while*Wiles’ matter will be mentioned again on December 9, when he is expect to plead guilty.

Here's Bonnie's...oops, strike that...Rebecca's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...fi&pnref=story

If you go through the escape comments on his page there's a great little exchange where his sister & girlfriend are getting stuck into each other.

Who could've forseen that the interwebz would one day provide entertainment of this calibre!

I know...it is awesome. I also like the comment from one of his friends saying Beau "got your fame".

I don't even know how y'all even understand what those idiots are saying.

My head hurts.

It is challenging, I'll admit it, but I am constantly amazed by the lack of grammar and/or sentence structure being used lately and how persons can understand one another regardless. Fascinating.

Yeah, there is a lot of distracting awfulness happening in there, this should help -

Girlfriend
    Thats my man lookin fresh as always,,,babie i cant wait to marry you!!! As soon as ur out im gunna make u my husband,xxxx
    More ? Sep 29
    Sister
    Ok husband
    More ? Sep 29
    Girlfriend
    Fuckin oath husband.he has asked me to marry him heaps of times and every time I've said yes....how could anyone say no to him:)
    1More ? Sep 29
    Sister
    He not aloud to bring raty scum girls like u in to our family marry a nice qld girl with money houses jobs cars boats marry a rat from wollongong no thanks my little brother can do a bit better
    2More ? Sep 30

Exactly. Now this is the type of communication that is fascinating to me.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rebecca-wa...23-gkhfpx.html

Rebecca Watts jailed for helping boyfriend escape from prison

Was it love or was it drugs?

Either way, Rebecca Watts was under the influence of something when she agreed to help her inmate boyfriend Beau Wiles escape from Goulburn jail last month, her lawyer told a court on Friday.

Solicitor Matthew Barnes said Watts had been a woman with virtually no criminal record up until 12 months ago, when she*turned to crime to help fund*a*burgeoning methylamphetamine habit.

Wiles featured heavily in each crime Watts*committed:*when she was caught shoplifting a six-pack of Jack Daniels in May it*had been he who'd slipped the*cans*in her handbag; she used stolen credit cards to pay for alcohol, cigarettes and a motel room for them in June; and*she was on her way to visit him in jail when she was caught driving without a licence in July.

Mr Barnes said Watts'*offending had increased the more she'd become involved with Wiles, culminating in the September 30 jail break

"[It's apparent]*she was*under some sort of lovestruck spell or manipulation [by Wiles]," he said, adding Wiles had been the one to concoct the plan and convince her to go along with it.

"There may have been some pressure brought to bear*on her clouding her judgement…clearly in this case her judgement was affected –*if it's not lovestruck then it was drug induced."

Watts admitted to being*blinded by her "love" for Wiles during an interview with police after her arrest, describing the pair as a modern day Bonnie*and Clyde.

But unlike the famous American outlaws, who died in a fiery shootout with police in 1934 after two years on the run, Watts and Wiles were apprehended peacefully during a traffic stop at Unanderra on the afternoon of October 1, some 30 hours after Wiles had scaled the perimeter*fence at Goulburn jail and climbed into*a waiting Holden Commodore containing his girlfriend.

Magistrate Michael Stoddart jailed Watts for two years on Friday, citing the need to send a strong message to*the community.

"You being there with the car was an integral part of the plan," Magistrate Stoddart told the 32-year-old.

"There needs to be significant general deterrence so the community can be assured that people who have committed serious crimes and are put in custody will stay there until they've done their time."

He set a non-parole period of 18 months, meaning with time already served, Watts will released on parole in*March 2017
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-28-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Thread Information