Thread: Rebecca Henderson Paulk (26) missing. Police found her car abandoned in wooded area in Mississippi

Rebecca Henderson Paulk (26) missing. Police found her car abandoned in wooded area in Mississippi

Desperate parents have offered a reward for help find their 26-year-old daughter after her car was found abandoned in the woods.
    Rebecca Henderson Paulk usually speaks to her family everyday but was last seen by her parents at their home in Alabama on Labour Day.
    Two days later, her car was found at a secluded spot in the woods in Whynot community, Mississippi, after a passer-by reported an abandoned vehicle to the sheriff's office in Lauderdale County.

Police spoke to the family and discovered that they had not spoken to her since she left their home that day and immediately filed a missing persons report.
    Her parents, Wes and Janet, have now offered $5,000 (?3,240) for information and pleaded with the public to help find their daughter, who has now been missing for more than a week.

This is a nightmare hell. Worse than that,' mother Janet told AL.com.
    'I want her to alive but this not knowing is unbearable,' she added.
    Paulk graduated from Demopolis High School in 2007 and now lives in Marengo County, not far from her close-knit family.

Janet said it was extremely out of character for her daughter not to go a day without being in touch.
    Henderson said Rebecca was last seen in a store in Meridian, Mississippi, and believes someone may have placed Paulk's vehicle in Whynot.

The car was found in a secluded area where the ground was smooth enough to drive on. Rebecca's purse, laptop and iPad were found inside but not her cellphone.
    'God knows who was driving that car,' Janet said.
    Lauderdale County Chief Deputy Ward Calhountold ABC: 'We are hoping that she has gotten into a vehicle with someone else or she's at someone's home.'
    Henderson is asking anyone to come forward, even anonymously. She said she will not get anyone involved who doesn't want to be. She just wants to know what happened.
    The family may be contacted through the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office or their Facebook page.
    he Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office asks that anyone with information on her call 601-486-4952 or 601-482-9806

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3luIhrULS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Dad's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/wes.henderson.589

Rebecca's
    https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.pau...friends.search

What happened with the suspect posted above? Guess nothing panned out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What happened with the suspect posted above? Guess nothing panned out with him.
    They couldn't find any evidence connecting him to Rebecca. I saw that he was arrested on drug charges last month.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They couldn't find any evidence connecting him to Rebecca. I saw that he was arrested on drug charges last month.
    Still not clear on how he was even a suspect.

What a strange case.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Saw on reddit, but looks interesting a friend of Rebecca posted :

https://www.reddit.com/r/WithoutATra..._went_missing/

My friend Rebecca Henderson Paulk went missing almost 4 years ago (September 7, 2015).

On September 7, 2015 my friend and former classmate Rebecca Henderson Paulk left her parents home in Demopolis, Alabama and traveled to Meridian, Mississippi, a drive which takes around an hour. Rebecca was driving a white Honda Civic. Her car was found on September 8, 2015 in a ditch in Whynot, Mississippi about 10 miles from her last known whereabouts. Rebecca was the kind of person who contacted her family almost every day. In the car they found Rebecca's laptop, iPad, and her purse. The car was also left unlocked, there was no sign of struggle, and there was no sign of Rebecca.

Rebecca was last seen at a store in Meridian, Mississippi and because of the circumstances authorities suspected foul play maybe have been involved. Authorities served a search warrant not long after she went missing at the home of John Bentley Poisso, Jr, 57. He was then arrested for a unrelated misdemeanor charge. He remained a person of interest but no further charges were ever filed.

Rebecca is a Caucasian female with blonde hair and green eyes, she's 5'6 and weighs around 145 pounds.

I know it's really, really unlikely that she's still alive, but I just really want her family to have closure of some kind.

https://youtu.be/lWUqAfzL7t8 interesting podcast

InappropriateGirl
    ?
    1y

I’m so sorry about your friend. What connection, if any, did the man arrested have to Rebecca?
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

All I was ever able to find out was that they knew each other prior to that day and that he was the last person known to have seen her before she disappeared. The only other person I know they questioned was her husband, who she was separated from, but he was well accounted for at the time.
    Continue this thread
    level 1
    kileydmusic
    ?
    1y

I followed this a lot at first and continue to randomly search about her.

In many things I saw, there was talk about her... it's been a long time so I may not remember perfectly, but some stuff about her trying to get her life straight and heavy innuendo of her having a drug problem. Or having had one. I don't remember where all I saw it but I know they were dependable enough sources to think it was said for a reason. I do understand, though, feeling like if that's put out there, people will not take her disappearance as seriously. There was talk that the guy arrested was with her and that she was buying meth off him. That, though, I'm not sure is true. Regardless, she's beautiful and looks very kind. I could see she was very loved.

Was she struggling with drug or psychological problems, do you know? I feel for her, her parents, and her brother. They looked extremely close. And she has one of the most beautiful smiles. Shame on someone who may have extinguished that light.
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

Recently her husband had hit her so she left him, and I know she was having a understandably tough time dealing with all of that. I know only the basic stuff from mutual friends because I had moved away when this she went missing so we weren't as close as we once had been.

I know from his arrest records that the guy who was a person of interest was arrested for possession of methamphetamine in 2017 so it is totally possible. We lived in a small town, a lot of people got into that stuff there.

Yeah, she was really sweet. When I transferred to the school we both attended, she was one of the few people who stood up for me. I remember being so proud of her when she left her husband rather than getting stuck in a cycle of abuse. It seems so cruel that this happened to her afterwards.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that people haven't completely forgotten her.
    Continue this thread
    level 1
    Sic1337
    ?
    1y

They left her valuables in the car, so the crime wasn't financially motivated. Perhaps the older guy wanted to have sex with her in exchange for drugs and she didn't want to? So he hit her hard and killed her, but they have no body so can't charge him.
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

Maybe but the car was found pretty far from where she was seen with him. Pretty far from anything but woods honestly. It seemed pretty obvious that she was headed back home, why would she have met him and then taken him with her back towards her home an hour away?
    level 1
    AlexPlexed
    ?
    1y

This is terrible.. my deepest condolences and I can only imagine what a giant void the family must now live with.. not just because of her disappearance.. the terrible loss.. but the WHY did this happen? Where is she? What happened? Who is responsible for this?Will they get answers... And so on... So tragic... Somebody HAS to know something! And they should do the RIGHT thing.. and tell Law Enforcement what they know... Because if they don't.. then they are guilty of collusion.
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

There are a lot of people who probably know something and have claimed to know something and then recanted later or acted scared when pressed.

After listening to the podcast where some other potential persons of interest were identified that I have some connections to and I'm going to use this unique position to try to figure out more.
    level 1
    AlexPlexed
    ?
    1y

When finding out more, be careful.. you don't know what or who is involved .. might bring yourself into danger.. but, yes, if you can get answers.. then do so.
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

I'm prepared and I have protection in place. I'm making sure not to get in over my head. Thank you for the reminder, though, it's always good to think about the risks.
    level 1
    AlexPlexed
    ?
    1y

Could there be any sort of connection between the Person of Interest and her husband? Why would she be aquainted to the POI? What was her destination?
    level 1
    _peppermint
    ?
    1y

Was anything wrong with her car? Did she wreck it?
    level 2
    obscurityreport
    Op ?
    1y

I've never gotten a really clear answer on this but from what I've gathered it was found pulled off of the road onto a side road that you would have to be familiar with the area to know was there, and it looked like someone had driven it there to sort of hide it but they'd gotten stuck. Some reports said wrecked but her mom was able to drive it home so it couldn't have been anything too serious.

Thread Information