Thread: Crystal Morrison Prentice found dead after going missing for several years

Crystal Morrison Prentice found dead after going missing for several years

https://www.facebook.com/lovinmylifecrystal

http://www2.independenttribune.com/n...ly-ar-2552777/

New details emerged Thursday in the case of a missing Kannapolis woman.

Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, has been missing since Aug. 23, when she left work at Connextions Recruiting in Concord.

Mechelle Morrison Carey, Prentice?s sister, said her sister called a family friend from her work phone and asked him to pick her up.

Since Connextions Recruiting is a customer-service business, all calls are recorded, so police were able to listen to the call. Police told Carey that her sister didn?t sound upset but did sound sick, according to Carey.

The family friend lives 10-20 minutes away and said he would pick her up, but by the time he arrived she was already gone, Carey said.

?I would think it would be odd,? Carey said. ?She gave him specific directions to the building, then left.?

Investigators say Prentice was at work on Aug. 23 for less than an hour before she walked out the door. Authorities are investigating phone calls Prentice made before leaving work but say there is no evidence of foul play.

Prentice's father, Rick Morrison, contacted Concord Police on Friday morning to report his daughter missing. Prentice also missed a scheduled appointment Friday morning.

Carey said she is protective of her little sister, who lives to dress up and is a big race fan. She said Prentice has been a single mother to son Kyson for a couple of years, and he is her world.

?She?s my baby sister,? Carey said.

Prentice is about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 100 pounds. She has blonde and red hair, blue eyes, wears contacts and has piercings in her ears. She has her son's name, "Kyson," tattooed on the back of her neck.

When Prentice left work, she was wearing a white blouse with black flower print, black dress pants, black open-toe high-heel dress shoes and had her black purse and ID with her. She has a cell phone, but did not have it with her the day she disappeared.

She wears silver jewelry and may be wearing silver rings on both hands and a silver necklace with a three-tier pendant with single diamond.

She has asthma and requires daily medication and an inhaler.

Carey said her sister?s case was to be featured Thursday night at 7 on the Jane Velez-Mitchell show on HLNtv.

?We want my sister home,? she said. ?So we?re glad we?re going to get national exposure.?

She said she wanted to thank the Concord Police Department for continuing an intensive investigation despite sending officers to the Democratic National Convention.

?The captain called me today to tell me they were doing all they could to find my sister,? she said.

Anyone with any possible information regarding Prentice?s location, or anyone that might have seen her, is asked to call the Concord Police Department at 704-920-5000 or Cabarrus Crime Stoppers at 704-932-7463.

More than 100 people search for missing Concord woman

As more than 100 people searched over the weekend for a Concord woman missing since August, her sister said the family is searching for peace and answers above all.

“Every day, it really becomes in some ways more unbelievable, but it also becomes your new normal,” Mechelle Carey said. “I think we’re honest about the fact that we’re praying for peace and whatever that entails.”

Crystal Morrison, 31, was last seen on Aug. 23, shortly after she called a friend to pick her up from work at Connextions Recruiting, a customer service company in Concord.

When the friend arrived, Morrison was gone.

“The $30 million question is, why did she walk out? Why did she leave after she made the phone call?” asked Kevin Ryan, the private investigator hired by the family. “Someone out there knows where she’s at and what’s going on. I honestly believe that.”

Over the weekend, the Wilmington-based CUE Center for Missing Persons partnered with Concord police to organize the most comprehensive search to date in the Morrison case.

Professional search teams searched by horse, ATV, foot and car in a four-square-mile area near Connextions, off International Drive in Concord.

The group also took out nearly a dozen canine units to help with the search.

“I hope we find something related to her case, if not her herself,” Monica Caison, founder of the CUE Center, said. “Nobody is going to give up looking for her, I know that. She’s got some dedicated law enforcement that are working very hard on her case.”

Should the search yield no leads, Ryan said, investigators will at least be able to cross off one more place from their list of areas to search.

Witnesses saw Morrison walking down International Drive, then turning right onto N.C. 73 toward U.S. 29 on Aug. 23.

No one has reported seeing or hearing from the 31-year-old single mother since then. Her bank and credit cards show no activity.

“Based on the interviews I’ve done, I can almost say for certainty that she definitely did not run away,” Ryan said.

By all accounts, Morrison was a doting mother to her 8-year-old son, Kyson, and would never have left him willingly.

Police can verify she walked past the Mistletoe Ridge neighborhood, but her trail runs cold around Waters Edge Apartments, before N.C. 73 crosses Winecoff School Road.

Earlier reports placed her inside the McDonald’s at N.C. 73 and International Drive, but neither receipts nor video footage confirm that.

Carey said that working with a private investigator and the CUE Center has helped her family cope with the ups and downs of having a missing loved one.

“It’s something about having someone so focused on your case that just makes you feel less anxious,” she said. “They’ve been a godsend for our family.”

Since Morrison went missing, more than 5,100 people have liked the “Help Find Crystal Morrison” Facebook page.

Carey said she worries most about her nephew, Kyson, since it’s been nearly a half-year since he’s seen his mother.

“We’re trying to keep it as positive as possible. We want to make sure he knows that people are out there looking for her and that people haven’t given up,” Carey said. “We let him talk about her – things he misses about her, things he loves. And we always speak in present tense about her.”

Carey said she hopes that the massive search over the weekend and subsequent coverage will help keep Morrison’s story fresh in people’s minds, she said.

“This is about an 8-year-old little boy who needs his mom,” she said. “She’s a great mom and a great woman. And somebody knows something. That’s too busy of an area for someone not to know something.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ing-woman.html
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/12/13/skel...g-seven-years/

Police in Concord say they believe recently-discovered skeletal remains are a woman who has been missing for more than seven years.

Crystal Dawn Morrison was reported missing in August 2012. The then 31-year-old was last seen walking away from her workplace, Connextions Recruiting, on International Drive in Concord.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Thread Information